Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon 19:10 - Dec 22 with 4358 viewsdickythorpe

Time for a rest. Potter needs to help him.
Rodon on 19:11 - Dec 22 with 2690 viewsLoyal

Too lax, no fight.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rodon on 19:12 - Dec 22 with 2681 viewsCooperman

I don’t know about a rest. He certainly needs to be reminded of some basics - don’t fanny around going towards your own goal. Put your boot through it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Rodon on 19:15 - Dec 22 with 2637 viewsbuilthjack

The yank needs a run on games

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rodon on 19:19 - Dec 22 with 2601 viewsLeonWasGod

Er, who do we rest him for if the rumours of CCV being recalled are true? And CCV is no better anyway.
Rodon on 19:25 - Dec 22 with 2560 viewsYossarian

Rodon on 19:11 - Dec 22 by Loyal

Too lax, no fight.

The honeymoon is over...needs to understand that this league is a slog and he needs to perform week in, week out, week in, week out.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Rodon on 19:39 - Dec 22 with 2473 viewsItchySphincter

Rodon is young and learning but he's basically lacking in quality. Okay if he's strolling around but doesn't like it up him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rodon on 19:41 - Dec 22 with 2457 views34dfgdf54

Rodon on 19:19 - Dec 22 by LeonWasGod

Er, who do we rest him for if the rumours of CCV being recalled are true? And CCV is no better anyway.

Yeah he is at the moment.
Rodon on 19:54 - Dec 22 with 2415 viewsicecoldjack

Agree with the OP.

But some on here were saying we didn't need to sign an experienced centre half that one senior was good enough !

Rodon has done brilliant, it's clear he wasn't in the main group think but stepped up and done superb, it's clear to see he's mentally tapped out, basic mistakes are becoming the norm in the last few games, if we don't manage him correctly we'll ruin him .
Login to get fewer ads

Rodon on 19:56 - Dec 22 with 2397 viewsvalleyboy

Rodon on 19:19 - Dec 22 by LeonWasGod

What I have seen of CCV so far this season and if there was a choice between Roden and him

Roden will win hands down

He is another case suffering from physical fitness to be playing two games a week

The two centrebacks are not the problem in what I see

It’s again the same problem that’s been evident for the last four or more seasons

The midfield players are not good enough
Rodon on 20:07 - Dec 22 with 2349 viewsItchySphincter

Rodon on 19:56 - Dec 22 by valleyboy

What I have seen of CCV so far this season and if there was a choice between Roden and him

Roden will win hands down

He is another case suffering from physical fitness to be playing two games a week

The two centrebacks are not the problem in what I see

It’s again the same problem that’s been evident for the last four or more seasons

The midfield players are not good enough

We may well have a few problems but the centre halves in particular have been the architects of our downfall in so many games this season, particularly from set pieces, that it's impossible not to see it?!

Rodon on 20:18 - Dec 22 with 2305 viewsgiantstoneater

I haven't seen any of the game but I don't like McKay in a central position. We are crying out for a decent defensive midfielder so that we can push Fer further up. Our midfielder 's need to work harder to protect our inexperienced Defence.
Rodon on 20:19 - Dec 22 with 2303 viewsGaz_M

Rodon on 19:39 - Dec 22 by ItchySphincter

Rodon is young and learning but he's basically lacking in quality. Okay if he's strolling around but doesn't like it up him.

Lacking in quality ffs! :lol:
Rodon on 20:22 - Dec 22 with 2287 views34dfgdf54

Rodon on 20:19 - Dec 22 by Gaz_M

Lacking in quality ffs! :lol:

That’s what we’re dealing with.

He has quality in abundance, just needs a break. CCV was the main man for Ipswich last year and should be used more while Rodon is learning the trade.
Rodon on 20:32 - Dec 22 with 2253 viewsItchySphincter

Rodon on 20:22 - Dec 22 by 34dfgdf54

That’s what we’re dealing with.

He has quality in abundance, just needs a break. CCV was the main man for Ipswich last year and should be used more while Rodon is learning the trade.

See, I can be objective, shame you can't....

He may well turn out to be a very decent player at this level but at the moment he's struggling badly. A break may well help him. His defending is poor recently and his distribution on the ball isn't too clever either.

Agree or disagree?

Rodon on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 2246 views34dfgdf54

Rodon on 20:32 - Dec 22 by ItchySphincter

See, I can be objective, shame you can't....

He may well turn out to be a very decent player at this level but at the moment he's struggling badly. A break may well help him. His defending is poor recently and his distribution on the ball isn't too clever either.

Agree or disagree?

Agreed.
Rodon on 21:14 - Dec 22 with 2157 viewsCooperman

Rodon on 20:07 - Dec 22 by ItchySphincter

We may well have a few problems but the centre halves in particular have been the architects of our downfall in so many games this season, particularly from set pieces, that it's impossible not to see it?!

I think it’s a combo of both.

CB’s in isolation have been culpable several times but then on other occasions there has been little protection from the base of midfield.

Both areas need improvement and work over the coming months.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Rodon on 21:25 - Dec 22 with 2122 viewswestwalesed

He’s clearly been running on adrenaline for the first few months and now that has worn off, his quality is no where near required for this league. It’s hard, I’m proud of the fact he’s a local lad but the reality is he is a bench centre half in the Championship, and is being asked to play week in week out. There’s a reason he wasn’t called up for Wakes.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Rodon on 23:12 - Dec 22 with 1990 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon on 21:25 - Dec 22 by westwalesed

He’s clearly been running on adrenaline for the first few months and now that has worn off, his quality is no where near required for this league. It’s hard, I’m proud of the fact he’s a local lad but the reality is he is a bench centre half in the Championship, and is being asked to play week in week out. There’s a reason he wasn’t called up for Wakes.

Totally disagree.

Joe is the most valuable player in the squad.

Joe will be a Champions League centre back.
He is very young for a centre back.

He lacks experiance, not quality.

Beware of the Risen People

Rodon on 23:20 - Dec 22 with 1961 viewsploppy

Whatever the reason, Joe is making mistakes every game now. He was at fault for Sheff Wed's goal, and had already made a mistake before that. Today, he could have stopped the cross for the first goal, then made another horrendous mistake from which they didn't score. Maybe all he needs is a rest.
Rodon on 23:26 - Dec 22 with 1943 viewsbuilthjack

Rodon on 21:25 - Dec 22 by westwalesed

I think he's did actually go to a funeral the other week

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rodon on 23:33 - Dec 22 with 1928 viewsjasper_T

Rodon on 23:20 - Dec 22 by ploppy

Whatever the reason, Joe is making mistakes every game now. He was at fault for Sheff Wed's goal, and had already made a mistake before that. Today, he could have stopped the cross for the first goal, then made another horrendous mistake from which they didn't score. Maybe all he needs is a rest.

People have been saying it for a few weeks (and shouted down because "we're winning, mun"). On form he should have lost his place to CCV, and it would likely do him the world of good long term.

Rest, reflect, fight for your place again. It's a long season and there's plenty of games to go around.

Potter said at the start of the season that he doesn't want players afraid of making mistakes because they might get dropped but when it's a series of mistakes how does that effect the guys waiting in the wings? How does it prepare a player mentally for a career in competitive sport?
Rodon on 23:51 - Dec 22 with 1899 viewsicecoldjack

I wouldn't mind betting that potter drops Rodon for the next game, potter is pretty good at heading off the discontent among supporters.

Personally I think Joe will be a good player for us, hes walked the first 12 games, it's just that sometimes they need dropping out to reflect and rest physically and mentally, he needs good management and I think potter will provide that .

It's extremely frustrating to watch us knowing that we are beating ourselves and not getting out played by the opposition, yet another example today, play them off the park for 60 mins then fall apart and flap soon after.

This is one area where I'd have.left Dyer on the field, maybe wilf too, experience in key moments is important, sometimes more than we think.

Overall disappointing to see us self destruct once again, we are fragile as fook and once they'd scored I got the feeling it work out better for them than us.
Rodon on 23:52 - Dec 22 with 1899 viewssherpajacob

FFS , A month ago planet swans was in meltdown because he'd been left out of the Wales squad.

He is quality, anyone can see that, but he's yet to play 25 games of professional football.

If he had experienced players around him, it would be better for him, but we don't and that's not his fault.

Potentially he's our most valuable player.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rodon on 00:40 - Dec 23 with 1840 viewsvalleyboy

Rodon on 20:07 - Dec 22 by ItchySphincter

So take today

Was the centre halves responsible for the second goal or to some extent even the first

If you give the opposition the freedom of the park in midfield

Then you will be punished
Rodon on 00:41 - Dec 23 with 1840 viewsjasper_T

Rodon on 23:52 - Dec 22 by sherpajacob

FFS , A month ago planet swans was in meltdown because he'd been left out of the Wales squad.

He is quality, anyone can see that, but he's yet to play 25 games of professional football.

If he had experienced players around him, it would be better for him, but we don't and that's not his fault.

Potentially he's our most valuable player.

Cheltenham Town not a professional side? Big Joe's on 32 games plus a few in the Checkatrade Trophy which is *technically* a senior tournament.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024