Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spotify and hifi help 19:57 - May 27 with 4745 viewsBlackCrowe

So one of you wonderful people must be able to help me here.

My old skool hifi is in the living room with wired speakers in there and also in the kitchen. I need help with the kitchen.

So i can obviously plug my device into the amp and play spotify through that and feed it into the kitchen but is there something that can plug into the amp that i can control/change the music from the kitchen so i don't have to keep going into the living room.

First world problems and all that, but if there's a solution i'd be grateful to hear it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Spotify and hifi help on 21:13 - Feb 25 with 627 viewsJuzzie

I actually managed to get my Kenwood stereo amp and speakers set up……. in the garage.
Still got the Tannoy in the living room and now a Sonos One in my WFH room.

Can’t believe my garage is better kitted out than the house!
Spotify and hifi help on 21:24 - Feb 25 with 611 viewsBlackCrowe

Spotify and hifi help on 21:13 - Feb 25 by Juzzie

I actually managed to get my Kenwood stereo amp and speakers set up……. in the garage.
Still got the Tannoy in the living room and now a Sonos One in my WFH room.

Can’t believe my garage is better kitted out than the house!

LS50 speakers and Cyrus One amp are one of the very best purchasing decisions i've made.

Spotify and hifi help on 21:30 - Feb 25 with 608 viewsqueensparker

Mad reading an old post from a few years ago!

Well I did eventually drag out the old school decks / CD / amp system for the main room in the house (proper sound for me) and Jerry rigged a few Sonos speakers for the other rooms and it’s been brilliant.

Plus spent lockdown getting all the old vinyl out of the attic and enjoying googling them all on Discogs to see what they’re worth. Old 90s albums are where it’s at because nobody bought them on record at the time, shifted a few during lockdown and it paid for a holiday (ok, camping round Cornwall with the kids, but still).
Spotify and hifi help on 21:59 - Feb 25 with 558 viewsMrSheen

Spotify and hifi help on 21:08 - Feb 25 by BlackCrowe

Just coming back to this thread....am free-trialling Tidal at the moment.

It's good, very good.

Nic, can I be a bit cheeky and ask how it is for classical? Eg…
Shostakovich 1st and 7th Symphony, Leonard Bernstein and Chicago SO
Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde, Carlos Kleiber
Sibelius Kullervo, Osmo Vanska and Lahti SO

Do you run it off your phone into the app with a Bluetooth/USB device?
Spotify and hifi help on 22:08 - Feb 25 with 535 viewsBlackCrowe

Run it off the app onto the amp via bluetooth. amazing (compared to spotify) on all genres including classical....proper detail and depth. As good as vinyl? No it's not, but it's good...at least CD good.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 22:09]

Spotify and hifi help on 22:19 - Feb 25 with 520 views222gers

Spotify and hifi help on 21:24 - Feb 25 by BlackCrowe

LS50 speakers and Cyrus One amp are one of the very best purchasing decisions i've made.

I'm a Cyrus man myself. I have a Cyrus 7 with power supply. It's about twenty years old, heavily used and not a single problem. However, given its age I'm sending it to Cyrus for an overhaul which is £360 irrespective of what they find. Fortunately I have a spare amp I can use while it's away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024