Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? 17:48 - Aug 3 with 27926 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 20:59 - Aug 4 with 3445 viewsSwanjaxs

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 20:54 - Aug 4 by thornabyswan

Is this poster from Aberdare used to go by the name of Res

Nah mate, from SA5 and probably been doing the hard yards as long as you 👍 BTW the Aberdare lads could probably teach you a thing or two about being a Jack.

just saying like

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:05 - Aug 4 with 3395 viewsAngelRangelQS

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 20:45 - Aug 4 by jackrmee

Na, Routs waived an appearance bonus he would have been due.

It’s not too far away from what BB has apparently done (not saying he’s done that)

If the club have offered him, say a 50% reduction but increased bonuses, an extra year after X games or goals, a huge increase if we get promoted etc., it isn’t inconceivable that he may have seen it as a good option.

What’s his alternative? Have another crap year and really struggle for a club next year? How much would he get in the Spanish second division?
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:08 - Aug 4 with 3361 viewsPorthcawlswan

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 20:56 - Aug 4 by Swanjaxs

For another day my friend, let's just say the cloth has been cut accordingly... and more power to Trevor Birch elbow, this guy is ruthless mark my words 👍

For good or bad?
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:15 - Aug 4 with 3301 viewsSwanjaxs

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:05 - Aug 4 by AngelRangelQS

It’s not too far away from what BB has apparently done (not saying he’s done that)

If the club have offered him, say a 50% reduction but increased bonuses, an extra year after X games or goals, a huge increase if we get promoted etc., it isn’t inconceivable that he may have seen it as a good option.

What’s his alternative? Have another crap year and really struggle for a club next year? How much would he get in the Spanish second division?

👍
Spot on.. BB is looking at the bigger picture, the cash cow is firmly dead, he's still earning more in a week than most of us earn in a year, but his stock is low and this is his chance to put himself back in the window (OMCB 18 million mind)...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:16 - Aug 4 with 3293 viewsSwanjaxs

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:08 - Aug 4 by Porthcawlswan

For good or bad?

The jury is out but I'm saying for the good, the alternative is unthinkable

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:18 - Aug 4 with 3265 viewslondonlisa2001

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:15 - Aug 4 by Swanjaxs

👍
Spot on.. BB is looking at the bigger picture, the cash cow is firmly dead, he's still earning more in a week than most of us earn in a year, but his stock is low and this is his chance to put himself back in the window (OMCB 18 million mind)...

So we threatened him that if we had to pay him double what he has now accepted we wouldn’t play him? Is that what you’re saying? We’d leave him out because we were paying him more money? Out of spite?
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:25 - Aug 4 with 3206 viewsSwanjaxs

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 21:18 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

So we threatened him that if we had to pay him double what he has now accepted we wouldn’t play him? Is that what you’re saying? We’d leave him out because we were paying him more money? Out of spite?

Listen up love, nobody put a gun to his head, from what I know (from a reliable source) is he was given an option.. he chose to take a reduced salary... now is that clear enough for you???

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 22:30 - Aug 4 with 2913 viewsraynor94

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 20:29 - Aug 4 by Swanjaxs

Perhaps I know someone who is genuinely in the "tiny minority... ever thought of that👍 let's just say BB wont be struggling to make the price of a pint anytime soon even with his lower income... Chow for now 🖐 x

If this was a boxing match......

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 01:02 - Aug 5 with 2644 viewsN_T_J

Swanjax definitely know's somebody in the club, I asked for help on here for something a year or two ago, and within a few hours I had a phone call off someone at the club.
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 05:05 - Aug 5 with 2512 viewsTummer_from_Texas

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 15:10 - Aug 4 by dobjack2

Down as mainly a right winger.

Meaning that we'll play Dyer at RW when we want to go "big."

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 07:52 - Aug 5 with 2319 viewsLuther27

Kalulu....marvellous
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 08:22 - Aug 5 with 2206 viewsdameedna

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 19:59 - Aug 4 by 34dfgdf54

Not accusing you of lying, but why would Borja accept a lower wage? We won’t be renewing his contract even at 50% lower so he’s just basically giving us money for free.

I could understand if he waived bonuses like Routledge etc done last year to allow him to play but not just accept a pay cut when he doesn’t need too.

Routs had # appearances leading to contract extension. He offered to play games without the appearance # clause. Next contract was open market, maybe he still got a signing on bonus.

Can't see how Borja could agree a big drop in basic, I can see how he may accept llower performance bonuses to get in the team. Don't care either way really.
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:48 - Aug 5 with 2036 viewsHeadmaster

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:57 - Aug 5 with 2002 views34dfgdf54

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:48 - Aug 5 by Headmaster

Would be over the moon with that signing.

Someone mentioned on here the other day there was a possibility didn’t they?
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:57 - Aug 5 with 2004 viewsjohnlangy

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:48 - Aug 5 by Headmaster

Duane ?
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:59 - Aug 5 with 1977 viewsGaz_M

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 09:57 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

Would be over the moon with that signing.

Someone mentioned on here the other day there was a possibility didn’t they?

23 clubs have enquired about him
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:05 - Aug 5 with 1949 viewsLeonWasGod

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:10 - Aug 5 with 1927 viewslonglostjack

Would be an excellent signing.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:15 - Aug 5 with 1900 viewsBarryTownSwam

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 18:54 - Aug 4 by Swanjaxs

Borja going nowhere, was given the option of a transfer or take a 50% wage cut to stay and he's chosen the latter...

Quite possible this is true. He may have 'waived' part of his deal similar to Dyer & Routs. Maybe his 'wage' was part basic & part appearance/goal/performance based. By not playing he isn't able to trigger the performance part of the deal anyway so he's no better or worse off anyway. The 'pay if you play' element might have been enough to warrant 2nd thoughts from the Yanks about freezing him out of the reckoning (now and in seasons past) and why he didn't seem to be given much of a chance under old managers (who were clearly under orders/influence from the board regarding financial aspects o team selection).
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 10:22]
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:23 - Aug 5 with 1866 viewsNotLoyal

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 20:10 - Aug 4 by plasjack

Shop window your having a laugh, no one wants him and we've been trying to get rid for the last 2 years.

So his only option then is knuckle down here and get a contract elsewhere next season on a free.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:29 - Aug 5 with 1835 viewsBanosswan

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:05 - Aug 5 by LeonWasGod

Nah,

We're getting his mate Charles as part of the deal too.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:47 - Aug 5 with 1755 viewsjackrmee

WELLS TO SWANSEA?

Swansea have inquired into signing Burnley striker Nahki Wells.

The 29-year-old spent last season on loan at Queens Park Rangers, where he scored seven Championship goals.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 1739 viewsWarwickHunt

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:47 - Aug 5 by jackrmee

WELLS TO SWANSEA?

Swansea have inquired into signing Burnley striker Nahki Wells.

The 29-year-old spent last season on loan at Queens Park Rangers, where he scored seven Championship goals.

We should sign Nicky Clark from Dundee .

Nicky Nahki up top, great combo, Jeff.
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 1735 viewsBarryTownSwam

According to our 'friends' at Wales Online the mighty C****ff City are front runners to agree a loan deal for this striker !!
New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 11:04 - Aug 5 with 1660 viewsthornabyswan

New striker arriving this week. Any speculation who it is? on 10:51 - Aug 5 by BarryTownSwam

According to our 'friends' at Wales Online the mighty C****ff City are front runners to agree a loan deal for this striker !!

He would never get in their side Messi Suarez and Sam Vokes how many forwards do they need.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024