Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread 17:33 - Nov 24 with 31211 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 18:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:24 - Nov 27 with 1699 viewsNotLoyal

Much better tonight, good effort and solid even without vdh.
This side can still get top six regardless of what the defeatists say.
However, Saturday must not happen again.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:02 - Nov 27 with 1643 viewsSwanseaman

We need a good start, should be a good game then

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:08 - Nov 27 with 1631 viewsSTID2017

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 26 by Gammon

Cooper out. Sooner the better.

Yes we heard it before.
Cooper out - Warnock in perhaps ?
Leave it there please

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:15 - Nov 27 with 1623 viewsSTID2017

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:34 - Nov 26 by Badlands

Stupid head butt and a bang on red card but TBH the way Byers went down was embarrassing.

No more than Huddersfield deserved.
Sorry but how the hell they still had 11 on the field up tobthat point beggars belief

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 03:37 - Nov 27 with 1549 viewsTimTtam

I didn't see much of the game cause of the time difference, but couldn't sleep so I saw the last 20 minutes.

Fair play to Byers. The way the game was going end to end, he probably saved us a point with that academy award winner.

From what I saw, we looked better than against Millwall. We were at least hitting basic targets. But lack of pace was an issue. Strolling through the middle isn't going to create much attacking threat. Midfield is still an issue though. Huddersfield waltzed from end to end with ease and if it wasn't for great blocks from Wilmot and Bidwell, that could've been the loss right there.

In the end, an away draw to keep out streak to 11 unbeaten away is a good result. The performance could be better though. Fulham at home should be looked at by the players as an opportunity to make a statement, not a game to fear.

cOoPeR oUt

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:36 - Nov 27 with 1393 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Nov 26 by CopaMundial

I’m sorry, the majority of players aren’t good enough, the manager isn’t either, but believing that somebody else could polish several turds is delusional, a new manager would probably be able to buff them up but parade ground shine isn’t going to happen.

I know the general theme on here is to compete to be the most miserable but sometimes a bit of reality has to leak in.

The majority of players are plenty good enough to mount a promotion challenge in this piss poor division given the correct motivation/management and a midfield worthy of the name.

I said a couple of months ago that we've got 75% of a team and I've seen nothing since to suggest otherwise. Problem is that missing 25% is what makes everything work.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:43 - Nov 27 with 1376 viewsdickythorpe

It's quite a scrappy championship this season.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:17 - Nov 27 with 1322 viewsvetchonian

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Nov 26 by Gammon

Cooper out. Sooner the better.

Its funny this time last year many were saying the same thing about Potter, posters going out about his constant tinkering,choice of keeper, timing of substitutions, how the team kept losing games last minute no fight in the team. Suddenly many are here are claiming Potter had us playing almost "laudrupesque" football and now Cooper has dismantled that. Think back the difference is Dan James' pace....that allowed lots of breakaways and also meant temas doubled up on him or even put 3 players on him freeing space for others....this season that hasnt happened.

Teams have learnt that we are easily "roughed up" and refs are letting them away with it....last night a prime example but there have been others too...Millwall dished out a lot and got away with it whilst their amateur dramatics turned lesser challenges to free kicks for them whilst Dyer was thrown to the ground in front of the linesman...sorry assisant referee after putting the ball past his opponent who knew he had no chance of catching him so threw him down. We are too sporting so well Byers not that I advocate the dramtaic cheating that does go on but we have to get a bit street wise.

We can critisice Coopers training but in training there is no physical opposotion in our faces like on a matchday which is an element of this league.

My point is give him a chance....many on here held the same opinion about Potter this time last year and are now going on about how he had restored "the Swansea Way"....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:24 - Nov 27 with 1309 viewssainthelens

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:43 - Nov 27 by dickythorpe

It's quite a scrappy championship this season.

Massive understatement Dicky, Leeds/WBA aside, its dreadful.
But with Fulham hitting form, I'm now uneasy bout Friday, I've a feeling things are coming to a head now, Mitrovic against our young defence? An effort akin to the "derby " will be needed. Fulham have won 2 in space of few days, I'm sort of hanging onto the fact that this is the championship...nobody wins 3 on the bounce.
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:01 - Nov 27 with 1270 viewsswan65split

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:17 - Nov 27 by vetchonian

Its funny this time last year many were saying the same thing about Potter, posters going out about his constant tinkering,choice of keeper, timing of substitutions, how the team kept losing games last minute no fight in the team. Suddenly many are here are claiming Potter had us playing almost "laudrupesque" football and now Cooper has dismantled that. Think back the difference is Dan James' pace....that allowed lots of breakaways and also meant temas doubled up on him or even put 3 players on him freeing space for others....this season that hasnt happened.

Teams have learnt that we are easily "roughed up" and refs are letting them away with it....last night a prime example but there have been others too...Millwall dished out a lot and got away with it whilst their amateur dramatics turned lesser challenges to free kicks for them whilst Dyer was thrown to the ground in front of the linesman...sorry assisant referee after putting the ball past his opponent who knew he had no chance of catching him so threw him down. We are too sporting so well Byers not that I advocate the dramtaic cheating that does go on but we have to get a bit street wise.

We can critisice Coopers training but in training there is no physical opposotion in our faces like on a matchday which is an element of this league.

My point is give him a chance....many on here held the same opinion about Potter this time last year and are now going on about how he had restored "the Swansea Way"....

ive moaned about the football in this thread, but not called for Coopers head, but its clear weve lost the passing game and accuracy since about game 6.
It may be part of a plan, I dont know, but boring and frustrating its become, and the danger as Darran stated a few days ago, its reminiscent of Monks season when we were 8th, and a case of we will start scoring, or conceding!
The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:25 - Nov 27 with 1012 viewsTNT

The Official Huddersfield Town vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:08 - Nov 27 by STID2017

Yes we heard it before.
Cooper out - Warnock in perhaps ?
Leave it there please

Warnock's got less chance of being centre stage at Swansea than Chubby fkn Brown.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024