Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight 17:33 - Dec 8 with 1061 viewsdurham_exile

After a much-needed victory against the Mariners at the weekend, SB takes his charges to the Sands Venue Stadium this evening to take on Neil Cox’s improving Iron.

Scunny have won their last two games, and our record at Glanford Park is not the best, but I expect Colchester to secure another 2-1 victory. Last season I saw the U’s come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2, but we need to go one better this evening.

Unfortunately, I must mention the unsavoury aspect to the game on Saturday. Now at the time I did not pick up on any boos, but it was only when I saw the Chairman’s statement, that I became aware of the controversy.

I deliberately did not respond to the diatribe on the site from certain sources, suffice to say that the adverse publicity was not needed on a day when our supporters returned to the stadium and generally acquitted themselves well. Whatever people’s views on BLM, the JSCS was not the correct place to air them. The sight of a disconsolate Cohen Bramall on National TV with a Col U shirt on should be more than enough for the minority of people who feel that way to keep their counsel.

One of the finest players ever to wear the Colchester shirt was Trevor Lee who ironically won the game at the Old Den some years ago and received tremendous abuse from the Lion’s fans. In my experience such disrespect always works against the team and I do hope that we hear no more of it at the JSCS. Enough said.

The weather tonight will be wet and 4 degrees Celsius. The pitch will be greasy and likely to cut up.

Now what team will SB play.

I am going to suggest three changes. The return of Welch-Hayes and Stevenson after suspension and dropping Senior! Clearly after such a suggestion I will keep away from black cats, ladders and so on but enough is enough.

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Harriott Chilvers Stevenson Gambin

Brown Norris

Subs:
George Sowunmi Tchamadeu Poku Bohui Folivi Lapslie

Yes, I know I have omitted Senior, but this is my predicted line up and I am allowed to suggest who I like to play in the Colchester kit.

Mention of Junior Tchamadeu who made a superb debut for the club and looked far more mature than his tender 16 years of age. Callum Ainsley Harriott also cooked up a Michelin starred performance and it is hoped that he can give the Scunny defence a roasting this evening.

One thing is sacrosanct, Brown needs support and either Chuck or Folivi should supply it.

League Table

Newport 15 33
Cheltenham 16 32
FGR 16 29
Carlisle 16 29
Exeter 16 27
Cambridge 15 25
Salford 15 25
Orient 16 24
COL U 15 24
Tranmere 16 24
PV 16 22

This is our game in hand, and we need the points, not only to close the gap but also to improve on a woeful Away record this season. We do not want to be constantly chasing the top seven we need to be right amongst them.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 20:48 - Dec 8 with 420 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 20:41 - Dec 8 by gerry_us

Only six?

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Sowunmi Smith Bramall Clampin

Gambin Chilvers Poku

Folivi

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 20:57 - Dec 8 with 408 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 20:48 - Dec 8 by durham_exile

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Sowunmi Smith Bramall Clampin

Gambin Chilvers Poku

Folivi

Get in

The magnificent seven (defenders)

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 20:58 - Dec 8 with 398 viewsgerry_us

Didn't see that coming.
Now on to Saturday.
Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 21:01 - Dec 8 with 391 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 20:58 - Dec 8 by gerry_us

Didn't see that coming.
Now on to Saturday.

Top six

Second half backs to the wall.

But I'll take it.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 21:37 - Dec 8 with 357 viewswessex_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 21:01 - Dec 8 by durham_exile

Top six

Second half backs to the wall.

But I'll take it.

Up the U's

Proper 'win ugly' performance, but in that context thoroughly deserved in my opinion. Not pretty to watch, and immensely stressful, but we were resolute, we were determined, and as Ian McKellen says - THEY SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 01:20 - Dec 9 with 302 viewsdurham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 21:37 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

Proper 'win ugly' performance, but in that context thoroughly deserved in my opinion. Not pretty to watch, and immensely stressful, but we were resolute, we were determined, and as Ian McKellen says - THEY SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Frankly if we can get out of this league this year I will take 1-0 to the Colchester and winning ugly.

However why will SB not play Jevani Brown and Michael Folivi together.

Brown doesn't have a strike partner and limited service so the goals have dried up.

Think about it on Saturday especially as we have lost Harriott sadly for the weekend.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 08:53 - Dec 9 with 281 viewsMoor_Pinot

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 21:37 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

It's fine by me to 'win ugly', it's just that it's not a strategy you can plan for, we were indebted to the goalkeeper and the many defenders to keep what we had. Terrible for fans' blood pressure! Vale got six on Saturday and we must be more determined to impose ourselves from the k.o rather than to respond to what we encounter from the opposition. The next two away fixtures will be interesting and I'd be prepared to take a point from each if only to preserve some result consistency. But please can we not play Senior, please.

Moor Pinot

Colchester to prevail against the rusty old Iron tonight on 09:31 - Dec 9 with 269 viewsburnsieespana

Winning ugly is something we have not done in recent seasons and most likely has cost us promotion.
I recall being at Layer Road in our promotion year into the Championship and that is exactly what we did towards the season end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024