Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! 18:01 - Dec 15 with 1107 viewsdurham_exile

SB takes his charges the short distance to the Abbey Stadium this evening to do battle against Cambridge led by Mark Bonner. This will be our 5th game in 14 days and identifies the tough schedule that the U’s have been given with a third Away game in a row.

After the Exeter debacle results have been improving and the win at Scunny was then backed up with a good point at Port Vale on Saturday.

SB has talked about using the squad and that is the right thing to do but he must also be prepared to freshen up the strike force. Bonner said that he set up wrong at FGR on Saturday and they lost 2-0. Cambridge played 4,4,1,1 and you can guarantee that they will not want to lose to Colchester this evening.

I went to the Away game at Cambridge last season and at 1-0 we were looking strong but then two moments of madness gifted a win to Cambridge. This was disappointing especially after they won at the JSCS earlier in the season .

Tonight, gives Jevani Brown the opportunity to add to his goals tally against his old team.

Table

Newport 17 36 GD 12
Cheltenham 17 33 GD 13
Carlisle 17 32 GD 10
FGR 17 32 GD 9
Exeter 17 30 GD 15
COL U 17 28 GD 2
Orient 17 27 GD 6
Salford 16 26 GD 10
Cambridge 16 25 GD 12
Morecambe 17 25 GD-7

Cambridge started the season like a bullet train but more recently they have been derailed by some wayward results. Forget about the past tonight is a grudge match and a derby to boot. We owe them after last season.

Our next fixtures are Morecambe H, Southend A, Cheltenham H and Tranmere H therefore points tonight are important as are goals. That 6-1 defeat at Exeter cost us dearly with GD but the U’s showed at the weekend that they are prepared to battle and put-up sterner resistance.

Team tonight

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Stevenson Chilvers

Poku Brown Harriott

Norris

Subs:
George Sowunmi Clampin Senior Gambin Folivi Lapslie

I would prefer to see Folivi and Brown start up front, but Chuck has shown great determination recently and his fitness is improving. I think a better cut of red meat is being fed to him before the games.

Weather is set to be dry and 8 degrees at the Abbey Stadium this evening.

Scoreline — I reckon Colchester to shade it 3-2 in a tight and pulsating affair with Jevani scoring the winner.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:27 - Dec 15 with 407 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:26 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Someone called Halford has scored for Southend

Last change Bramall off Clampin on

Come on

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:28 - Dec 15 with 401 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:27 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

Last change Bramall off Clampin on

Come on

We deserve an equaliser

Come on

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:30 - Dec 15 with 394 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:28 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

We deserve an equaliser

Come on

There should be 5 mins to add on after all the timewasting

Come on

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:34 - Dec 15 with 389 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:30 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

There should be 5 mins to add on after all the timewasting

Come on

5 mins

Should have been more Cambridge have wasted so much time

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:40 - Dec 15 with 376 viewsdurham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:34 - Dec 15 by durham_exile

5 mins

Should have been more Cambridge have wasted so much time

Absolutely furious about the time wasting

We deserved a point.

But what SB has to do is play more assertively from the start.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:48 - Dec 15 with 366 viewsburnsieespana

Southend won again with a certain G Halford on the score sheet. Ominous for me for our Christmas game with them!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 22:02]
There's only one CUFC and they hail from North Essex! on 21:50 - Dec 15 with 365 viewsnoah4x4

Thank God for I-follow and the fact it has only cost me a tenner. It is a long miserable walk back to the Supporters Club bus at Cambridge and at least this season I don't have to listen to the moaning. We stole it two years ago, but that apart I don't recall any happy visits to the Abbey Stadium.

But a decent game, one we possibly didn't deserve to lose, but we definitely didn't deserve to win. Thought Poku did well, but Harriott and Senior again lost the ball too often. Not too much damage though given other results.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024