Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statue for Cloughie 17:24 - Jan 29 with 34908 viewsDaleiLama

Here's a link to the story

and here's a link to the just giving page for donations

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/davidclough

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Statue for Cloughie on 18:02 - Feb 10 with 4286 viewsD_Alien

Statue for Cloughie on 17:55 - Feb 10 by tony_roch975

I really wouldn't worry about how many Dale fans haven't donated, rather let's celebrate how many have - giving to charity doesn't have to be a competition

Well said

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Statue for Cloughie on 13:37 - Feb 11 with 3969 viewsleedsdale

Just ÂŁ54 left to go to hit target
Statue for Cloughie on 14:10 - Feb 11 with 3932 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 13:37 - Feb 11 by leedsdale

Just ÂŁ54 left to go to hit target

Must admit I was curious about the Tweet from the Trust below. Reading the fine print on the just giving site, I found: "The target was increased again on 1st February to ÂŁ10,000 and will remain at this level now until the campaign finishes".

You'd think it will hit 10k by Saturday latest. The only interpretation I can put on this is the fund will remain open to donations, but the target will not change and donations will go into the 100%+ range.

My folks retired to Morecambe a while back and I got to see first hand how many people posed with Eric's statue in a similar ilk. Hopefully Cloughie's will be equally taken to heart by all who see it and the club will no doubt get much good PR off the back of this too.

Edit ÂŁ9966 from 504 fans ...... ÂŁ34 to go.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 14:24]

Statue for Cloughie on 15:57 - Feb 11 with 3849 viewsSuddenLad

ÂŁ10,000 up !!

Chalky got us over the finishing line.

Incredible effort from every contributor. Well done to every single donor, large or small. You did it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Statue for Cloughie on 16:00 - Feb 11 with 3845 viewsjudd

Statue for Cloughie on 15:57 - Feb 11 by SuddenLad

ÂŁ10,000 up !!

Incredible effort from every contributor. Well done to every single donor, large or small. You did it.

Don't fook off, Chalky

Well done pal.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Statue for Cloughie on 16:36 - Feb 11 with 3786 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 15:57 - Feb 11 by SuddenLad

ÂŁ10,000 up !!

Back of the net.

Chalky's a Daley in disguise. Nice one Chalky

Statue for Cloughie on 17:17 - Feb 11 with 3734 viewsncfc_chalky

What a fantastic achievement by everyone who organised it and those who contributed,it was a honour to see Cloughys target met

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Statue for Cloughie on 17:20 - Feb 11 with 3725 viewsfrequency

Nice 1 chalky

Hate city

Login to get fewer ads

Statue for Cloughie on 17:30 - Feb 11 with 3703 viewsjudd

Statue for Cloughie on 17:17 - Feb 11 by ncfc_chalky

What a fantastic achievement by everyone who organised it and those who contributed,it was a honour to see Cloughys target met

It's all in the name, Chalky lad

Statue for Cloughie on 17:37 - Feb 11 with 3693 views442Dale

Well done all, and to Chalky for getting it to 10k. In fact, going forward I promise never to mention that season that never happened for your lot, as long as you don’t either.

Can’t say we aren’t fair round here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Statue for Cloughie on 17:44 - Feb 11 with 3682 viewsncfc_chalky

Statue for Cloughie on 17:37 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

Well done all, and to Chalky for getting it to 10k. In fact, going forward I promise never to mention that season that never happened for your lot, as long as you don’t either.

Can’t say we aren’t fair round here.

Nah don't do that,it's only on this forum that I that I get banter about it

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Statue for Cloughie on 19:15 - Feb 11 with 3589 viewsSuddenLad

Statue for Cloughie on 17:44 - Feb 11 by ncfc_chalky

Nah don't do that,it's only on this forum that I that I get banter about it

N C F C = Nice Contribution For Cloughy

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Statue for Cloughie on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 3353 viewsAllBlueDale

Fantastic to the hit the target.
I can now stop refreshing the just giving page, every few hours

Well done all
Statue for Cloughie on 16:52 - Feb 12 with 3143 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 17:55 - Feb 10 by tony_roch975

I really wouldn't worry about how many Dale fans haven't donated, rather let's celebrate how many have - giving to charity doesn't have to be a competition

I fully agree with this "competition" sentiment, and I am not doing this for any other reason than I just read of a charity matching donations to the homeless which asked "before you have a romantic dinner on Valentine's Day, how about feeding some of those who are going without this week?"

After a month of bloody awful weather, I thought what a good idea it was and got this back: "Thank you SO much for your support! Don't forget to share what you've done with your friends & family to raise awareness of homelessness, and maybe it will inspire someone you know to do something to help to. 😀 Best wishes from the Street Support Network team."

As per the message, I'm sharing it with "Dale friends". If anyone else can help, your contributions would be very welcome.

Statue for Cloughie on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 3084 viewsAtThePeake

Statue for Cloughie on 16:52 - Feb 12 by DaleiLama

I fully agree with this "competition" sentiment, and I am not doing this for any other reason than I just read of a charity matching donations to the homeless which asked "before you have a romantic dinner on Valentine's Day, how about feeding some of those who are going without this week?"

After a month of bloody awful weather, I thought what a good idea it was and got this back: "Thank you SO much for your support! Don't forget to share what you've done with your friends & family to raise awareness of homelessness, and maybe it will inspire someone you know to do something to help to. 😀 Best wishes from the Street Support Network team."

As per the message, I'm sharing it with "Dale friends". If anyone else can help, your contributions would be very welcome.

Do you have a link DL?

Tangled up in blue.

Statue for Cloughie on 21:26 - Feb 12 with 2954 viewsDaleiLama

Statue for Cloughie on 18:07 - Feb 12 by AtThePeake

Do you have a link DL?

Don't profess to be a regular donor to these charities ATP - more of a leap of faith really. I Googled donating to feeding homeless charities in Manchester and got to this page.

https://streetsupport.net/give-help/donate/

There's then a menu to go with whatever chimes with you. Plenty of choices and good causes out there.

Statue for Cloughie on 22:35 - Feb 12 with 2909 viewsR17ALE

An incredible campaign to raise a huge sum. Thank you to everyone. It's likely we've raised too much (not had a detailed quote yet).

With any residue remaining,* and given the support from fans of other clubs, we were thinking loosely along the lines of providing TV's for away fans in the Willbutts concourse with a explanatory plaque telling them they've paid for their view of Jeff Stelling! ie give something back to visiting donors.

If any contributing Dale fans object to this then please let us know.

* There might only be ÂŁ50 left in which case they'll get a black and white portable with a coat hanger!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 22:37]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Statue for Cloughie on 23:28 - Feb 12 with 2862 viewsTVOS1907

Statue for Cloughie on 22:35 - Feb 12 by R17ALE

An incredible campaign to raise a huge sum. Thank you to everyone. It's likely we've raised too much (not had a detailed quote yet).

With any residue remaining,* and given the support from fans of other clubs, we were thinking loosely along the lines of providing TV's for away fans in the Willbutts concourse with a explanatory plaque telling them they've paid for their view of Jeff Stelling! ie give something back to visiting donors.

* There might only be ÂŁ50 left in which case they'll get a black and white portable with a coat hanger!

That would still be preferable to that one you had in your front room!

Excellent idea though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Statue for Cloughie on 01:01 - Feb 13 with 2844 viewsStokefaninpeace

Just a friendly post to say that having checked to see how your campaign is goingl,it's great to see that your target has been reached.

Whilst the Investors at the City Football Group and Fosun Internationals of this world may be able to throw money around like confetti,they will never be able to replicate the emotional engagement wirh and dedication to their local club of the David Clough's of this world.

Hopefully you can now have a really fitting tribute to this marvellous guy.

No pressure on the artist/sculptor then!
Statue for Cloughie on 21:13 - Feb 14 with 2434 viewsShun

Statue for Cloughie on 22:35 - Feb 12 by R17ALE

That's a great idea!
Statue for Cloughie on 18:08 - Feb 15 with 2192 viewselectricblue

Donated for a guy who was a one off..........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Statue for Cloughie on 15:30 - Feb 17 with 1882 viewsjudd

Just in from the BBC:

Hi Judd

Thanks for getting in touch about the crowdfunding campaign to retire the seat of David Clough.

While I think this is a wonderfully spirited campaign, unfortunately it's not something we can promote on Football Focus or MOTD.

As the BBC must remain impartial at all times, we can't endorse or promote clubs or associated crowdfunding campaigns. I hope you can understand where we're coming from.

That being said, personally speaking I wish you all the best with your campaign. As we all know (and as lockdown has demonstrated), football just isn't the same without the fans, so it's nice to see such appreciation for a lifelong fan who I'm sure is sorely missed.

Kind regards,

Philip Laverty

BBC Enquiries Team

P.S. It’s not possible to reply to this email, but if you need to get in touch with us again about this enquiry (or we’ve asked you to), please use this unique webform link to do so (you’ll need to provide the same email address you used when you contacted us originally). Or alternatively, if you’re in the UK, you can call us on 03704 101 060*). Many thanks!

(*calls charged at the same rate as calls made to standard UK landline phone numbers starting 01 or 02)

I have updated him, but nice words despite his restrictions.

Statue for Cloughie on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 1878 viewskel

Statue for Cloughie on 15:30 - Feb 17 by judd

Just in from the BBC:

Hi Judd

Thanks for getting in touch about the crowdfunding campaign to retire the seat of David Clough.

While I think this is a wonderfully spirited campaign, unfortunately it's not something we can promote on Football Focus or MOTD.

As the BBC must remain impartial at all times, we can't endorse or promote clubs or associated crowdfunding campaigns. I hope you can understand where we're coming from.

That being said, personally speaking I wish you all the best with your campaign. As we all know (and as lockdown has demonstrated), football just isn't the same without the fans, so it's nice to see such appreciation for a lifelong fan who I'm sure is sorely missed.

Kind regards,

Philip Laverty

BBC Enquiries Team

P.S. It’s not possible to reply to this email, but if you need to get in touch with us again about this enquiry (or we’ve asked you to), please use this unique webform link to do so (you’ll need to provide the same email address you used when you contacted us originally). Or alternatively, if you’re in the UK, you can call us on 03704 101 060*). Many thanks!

(*calls charged at the same rate as calls made to standard UK landline phone numbers starting 01 or 02)

“As the BBC must remain impartial at all times, we can't endorse or promote clubs”

Statue for Cloughie on 15:36 - Feb 17 with 1872 viewsTVOS1907

Statue for Cloughie on 15:30 - Feb 17 by judd

Just in from the BBC:

Hi Judd

Kind regards,

Philip Laverty

BBC Enquiries Team

Odd reply.

Surely they could still do something to promote the story, without focusing on the crowdfunding aspect of it.

It didn't seem to be a problem for BBC North-West Tonight.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Statue for Cloughie on 16:12 - Feb 17 with 1837 viewsjudd

Statue for Cloughie on 15:36 - Feb 17 by TVOS1907

Odd reply.

Surely they could still do something to promote the story, without focusing on the crowdfunding aspect of it.

It didn't seem to be a problem for BBC North-West Tonight.

I think it was in response to my request for airtime on MOTD and Football Focus else I'd never eat a Walkers Crisp again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024