Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn 17:00 - Jan 30 with 1971 viewsKeithHaynes

So, I’m leaving it to you lot, the spine of the site, the backbone of Swansea Independent.

Tonight is the current Mrs Haynes birthday celebration. I have a bottle of quality Smirnoff to snaffle.

If you let me down I’ll be furious 😉

Be as whatever you like, have a laugh, enjoy each others company.

And let’s see what you lot are made off.

Start now.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:09 - Jan 30 with 1427 viewsonehunglow

A the best poster on the site I'll start

Great result although Brentford' score is a reminder of what we are up against.

Rotherham are dire but prepared to battle.

We should have killed them off by half time. Two excellent goals in first half.Good to see Grimes taking more shots and hitting the target.

As for our game management ,it was entirely possible Rotherham could have equalised mainly to is switching off and the chap between the sticks reverting to type in not getting in where it might hurt. Guehi and Bennett are those to thanks or he has to for not conceding 2 pyse poor goals.

The game was crying out for fresh legs fully 30 mins from time. When Steve twigs,he brings on the warrior that is Fulton who bombs forward and slides in a cracker of a goal.What a lad this is and one utterly under the Love Radar. He should be the first name on the team sheet.

Ayew,apart from creating that goal was pretty ineffective and Morris should have been introduced well before the 84 th min. Hope is he doesnt feck this lad around as he has with others.

All in all, a great result but it was down to the players .

Finally,GUEHI.. What a player.He will be main CH at Chelsea next season .He is a monster.

Cue the Steve Crew. Off ya go lads. We're off for an Ice Bath. It's what pensioners do 1462

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 1422 viewsCatullus

It was a tough game, at times we made it hard for ourselves but in the end clinical finishing and good defending sealed the win.
Three top quality goals, another committed team performance and 3 points.

The end.

PS Happy Birthday Keith's missus, 21 again eh

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:18 - Jan 30 with 1404 viewsonehunglow

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:15 - Jan 30 by Catullus

It was a tough game, at times we made it hard for ourselves but in the end clinical finishing and good defending sealed the win.
Three top quality goals, another committed team performance and 3 points.

The end.

PS Happy Birthday Keith's missus, 21 again eh

I got told not to brown nose the owner so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY GUV

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:22 - Jan 30 with 1402 viewsThornburyswan

I’ll add a few random observations if I may :-

1. Two very well taken first half goals put us in control after a messy opening to the game.
2. Looked in control at HT.
3. They clearly had a rocket plus two changes & we did our usual drop 15/20 yards as they came into the game.
4. Conceded from a long throw flick on & started to wobble.
5. Credit to Cooper for making the right change & Fulton not only scored with his first touch but looked hungry & up for it.
6. Freddie went walk about & they nearly got back into it - noting they made all 5 changes we needed more fresh legs for me.
7. Morris did eventually get a few minutes to help see the game out.
8. Excellent 3 points & now 10 points ahead of 7th with 20 games to go.
9. Ayew’s 5th yellow I think so will miss Norwich match??
10. Lots of 7/10 performances for me, probably Guehi MOM.
No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:30 - Jan 30 with 1385 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The first half was gratifying to watch as our lads grew into the game and their confidence.
Two really great goals, the first really well worked and the second another Matty special.
The second half was not quite so good as our dominance faded.
Their manager made very astute subs which drastically increased the pressure on our goal.
Eventually the inevitable happened and they scored.
As usual our manager did not match their fresh legs with fresh legs of our own.
After watching our boys continue to struggle, just like Wednesday night Mr Cooper finally made a sub.
Which had immediate success with a third goal by none other than the sub.
Bouyed by this success and continued pressure from Rotherham Mr Cooper made another sub which eased the pressure slightly and allowed us to play more of the game in their half.
We held out, although they had a couple of more chances to get one back.
A great 3 points away.
Well done to boys.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:34]
No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:43 - Jan 30 with 1351 viewstheloneranger

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:22 - Jan 30 by Thornburyswan

1. Two very well taken first half goals put us in control after a messy opening to the game.
3. They clearly had a rocket plus two changes & we did our usual drop 15/20 yards as they came into the game.
5. Credit to Cooper for making the right change & Fulton not only scored with his first touch but looked hungry & up for it.
6. Freddie went walk about & they nearly got back into it - noting they made all 5 changes we needed more fresh legs for me.

"9. Ayew’s 5th yellow I think so will miss Norwich match??"

I think it's 5 yellow cards before the 19th league game and a 1 match ban - so he should be ok.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:11 - Jan 30 with 1290 viewsonehunglow

Some good reviews here but where are the interlopers .Why cannot people simple be honest with themselves .

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:13 - Jan 30 with 1291 viewsSwanjaxs

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:11 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Some good reviews here but where are the interlopers .Why cannot people simple be honest with themselves .

Let it go, good win today, enjoy.

Leave the hate for another day ❤

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:18 - Jan 30 with 1272 viewsonehunglow

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:13 - Jan 30 by Swanjaxs

Let it go, good win today, enjoy.

Leave the hate for another day ❤

Mirror mirror.

Enjoy your evening Matey

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:24 - Jan 30 with 1273 viewsSwanjaxs

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:18 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Mirror mirror.

Enjoy your evening Matey

I enjoy every evening my friend, what about you 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:25 - Jan 30 with 1269 viewsmax936

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 17:22 - Jan 30 by Thornburyswan

Not gonna argue with any of that, Top Posting

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:25 - Jan 30 with 1258 viewsonehunglow

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:24 - Jan 30 by Swanjaxs

I enjoy every evening my friend, what about you 🤔

Oh yeah, I’m always positive as to what the good Lord has given me.

Your match report is missing by the way

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:53 - Jan 30 with 1231 viewsSwanjaxs

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:25 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

Oh yeah, I’m always positive as to what the good Lord has given me.

Your match report is missing by the way

OK here goes, we rode our luck a bit first 20 minutes, slow out of the blocks, but one Hooli scored we settled down to play some decent football.

Grime then scored a worldie to give us some breathing space.

Rotherham came at us start of the second half and scored the goal they probably deserved.

At that point I'd have taken Yan off for Fulton but Cooper stuck to his guns and made the change as he thought right.

The rest is history after Fulton scored with his first touch.

Well done SC 👏

Reasons to be cheerful.

As an aside...

Do you believe your "good Lord" made everyone "equal"?

I'm interested to know, as you seem intolerant of most everyday things 🙏
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:21]

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:54 - Jan 30 with 1229 viewsOptimisticJack

Good solid performance today.
Really impressed with Mat Grimes. The arrival of Hourihane is giving him more freedom and he is capitalising on it.

Optimisticjack

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:58 - Jan 30 with 1221 viewsHighjack

Whilst Mr Haynes is away getting drunk and trying to nab some nookie we can swear to our hearts content.

I’ll start:

Cleft.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:07 - Jan 30 with 1208 viewsSwanjaxs

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 18:58 - Jan 30 by Highjack

Whilst Mr Haynes is away getting drunk and trying to nab some nookie we can swear to our hearts content.

I’ll start:

Cleft.

Moist

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:23 - Jan 30 with 1179 viewsswancity

Nipple 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:34 - Jan 30 with 1163 viewsSudbury_Jack

Am i correct in thinking that all of Swansea's last nine goals have been scored with the left foot ?
No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:52 - Jan 30 with 1139 viewsbuilthjack

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:34 - Jan 30 by Sudbury_Jack

Am i correct in thinking that all of Swansea's last nine goals have been scored with the left foot ?

Left, left, left, left left, left, left, left, left.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 20:04 - Jan 30 with 1122 viewsFireboy2

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:07 - Jan 30 by Swanjaxs

Moist

Arse.
No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 20:24 - Jan 30 with 1096 viewsDJack

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:52 - Jan 30 by builthjack

Is that one of the secret moves on Tekken?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 20:31 - Jan 30 with 1082 viewsonehunglow

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 20:24 - Jan 30 by DJack

Is that one of the secret moves on Tekken?

No,it sums up what is best in life. Innit

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 20:45 - Jan 30 with 1077 viewsDJack

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 20:31 - Jan 30 by onehunglow

No,it sums up what is best in life. Innit

Surely if you keep going left then you are going round in a circle!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 21:03 - Jan 30 with 1052 viewsBoundy

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 19:52 - Jan 30 by builthjack

A one legged platoon on the parade ground ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

No Matchday report tonight, now it’s your turn on 21:07 - Jan 30 with 1051 viewsFlashberryjack

Not one of our better performance, but we managed to score 3 fantastic goals, although it was fortunate that we had our shooting boots on, as we didn't create many chances.

Our midfield looked very weak, especially the ineffective Dhanda, personally I wouldn't play him and Hourihane in the same team again, unless I had to.

Grimes I thought had a great game, not only his goal, but his all round game, he's had some stick, but credit where credit is due.

Going in at half time 2 up, I was hoping that we wouldn't try sitting on the lead, something we usually do, sadly we did exactly that, and we were put under considerable and sustained pressure from a Rotherham, refreshed by early substitutes, then the inevitable happened, and we conceded a very scruffy goal.

At last, our manager replaced Dhanda with Fulton, and he certainly made an instant impact by scoring a sublime goal from a half a chance, then he continued the good work by adding the extra bite in midfield, which was obviously missing.

Lowe worked his socks off feeding off scraps, and created a couple of half chances his hard work deserved, I've been one of his biggest critics, but you can not fault his effort.

The game more or less passed Ayew by, he certainly looks far from the Swans talisman he was a few weeks ago, and has lost that bit of sparkle and usual dynamic enthusiasm.

Having said all that, we managed to come away with all three points, and remain 2nd in a very competitive and unpredictable league, so happy days.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024