Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ellis James 21:04 - May 25 with 8055 viewspencoedjack

History of Welsh football an enjoyable watch.

Is he a Jack?
Ellis James on 17:21 - Jun 19 with 1396 viewsAndyCole

Ellis James on 12:07 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

The term has morphed in recent times to INCLUDE Swan fans,but in normal life,people from Llanelli,say,would not call them Jacks

You're right, as per. (btw some of the puerile goading you consistently get here is abuse).

For a non-Jack to qualify for a bona fide '.....Jack' i.d. / username they need to : -
- behave like a proper Fan of our club
- sing when we're Winning - not when we're losing
- demonstrate some semblance of understanding of our footballing philosophy in their analyses

Some here clearly aren't proper Jacks and should stick to supporting their local hick team.

ELIS clearly does qualify in spades, and his recent support of our remarkably successful Cooper is testament to that.
(And as such his username on here qualifies as a bona fide '....Jack' username. Tidy).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ellis James on 17:43 - Jun 19 with 1375 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 17:21 - Jun 19 by AndyCole

You're right, as per. (btw some of the puerile goading you consistently get here is abuse).

For a non-Jack to qualify for a bona fide '.....Jack' i.d. / username they need to : -
- behave like a proper Fan of our club
- sing when we're Winning - not when we're losing
- demonstrate some semblance of understanding of our footballing philosophy in their analyses

Some here clearly aren't proper Jacks and should stick to supporting their local hick team.

ELIS clearly does qualify in spades, and his recent support of our remarkably successful Cooper is testament to that.
(And as such his username on here qualifies as a bona fide '....Jack' username. Tidy).

You have a username of a fella who has never played for us. You probably did support United as a child though to be fair.

If you have a problem with me following the swans, come and see me when fans are allowed back and see if you can stop me. It ain’t happening ;)
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 17:44]
Ellis James on 18:16 - Jun 19 with 1328 views1983

Swansea City fans or the club were never known as Jacks or The Jacks it was always The Whites or The Swans only people from Swansea were known as Jacks and my oldman said you would her things like "I would rather be B---- than a Jack" in industrial works mines,docks,BP...etc in the 1970's/ 1980's where you would have workers from all over South Wales and West Wales working with each other a lot more than now and all taking the p1ss out of each other. It wasn't until the mid / late 1980's that it crept into football with cardiff fans calling us Jack B@stards and I seem to remember them unveiling a big flag in the Bob Bank in the very early 1990's with "F---Off YOU JACK B@STARDS" written on it around about that time Welsh flags started to appear with things like Carmarthen Jacks, LLanelli Jacks, Pembroke Jacks...etc and it just carried on from there, myself personally I'm from Swansea and I havent got a problem with it the more the merrier. But what I do find out odd in work there are a couple of lads who support Man Utd & LFC but not from that neck of the woods and when they take the p1ss out of each other they call "themselves" Scousers or Mancs

Ellis James on 18:18 - Jun 19 with 1320 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 18:16 - Jun 19 by 1983

Swansea City fans or the club were never known as Jacks or The Jacks it was always The Whites or The Swans only people from Swansea were known as Jacks and my oldman said you would her things like "I would rather be B---- than a Jack" in industrial works mines,docks,BP...etc in the 1970's/ 1980's where you would have workers from all over South Wales and West Wales working with each other a lot more than now and all taking the p1ss out of each other. It wasn't until the mid / late 1980's that it crept into football with cardiff fans calling us Jack B@stards and I seem to remember them unveiling a big flag in the Bob Bank in the very early 1990's with "F---Off YOU JACK B@STARDS" written on it around about that time Welsh flags started to appear with things like Carmarthen Jacks, LLanelli Jacks, Pembroke Jacks...etc and it just carried on from there, myself personally I'm from Swansea and I havent got a problem with it the more the merrier. But what I do find out odd in work there are a couple of lads who support Man Utd & LFC but not from that neck of the woods and when they take the p1ss out of each other they call "themselves" Scousers or Mancs

Sorry,I dropped off there half way through.

I take it Elis is a real Jack,I am scumand a moner beating shythuse. It's been said before

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ellis James on 11:29 - Jun 20 with 1230 viewsAndyCole

Ellis James on 18:18 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

Sorry,I dropped off there half way through.

I take it Elis is a real Jack,I am scumand a moner beating shythuse. It's been said before

He's not a real Jack cos he's not from these parts. However unlike others with a '.....Jack' username he has earned the right to call himself a jack, on here.

I bet those few keyboard warriors wouldn't say stuff like that to your face. And the way in which you politely swat them off is commendable. Head n shoulders.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Ellis James on 11:45 - Jun 20 with 1217 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 11:29 - Jun 20 by AndyCole

He's not a real Jack cos he's not from these parts. However unlike others with a '.....Jack' username he has earned the right to call himself a jack, on here.

I bet those few keyboard warriors wouldn't say stuff like that to your face. And the way in which you politely swat them off is commendable. Head n shoulders.

Don’t be calling me polite mun.

It’s simply the case that the truth is not always confortable,even if we know it.

There is much genital waving on here and that s fine .

And surely it is Elis as it’s more Welsh innit or should he have the ll . As a Jack ,We don’t really care.

Floreat Swansea

Ellis James on 11:58 - Jun 20 with 1214 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 11:29 - Jun 20 by AndyCole

You planning on trying to stop anyone with a ….jack username on here who isn’t from Swansea following the club? More than happy for you to try when fans are allowed in, we both know you won’t have the balls though.

The guy you’re on about ridiculed you on social media in front of thousands of his followers who were literally laughing at you’re comments and how weird you are. You’re an absolute embarrassment you freak
Ellis James on 12:09 - Jun 20 with 1197 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 11:58 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

You planning on trying to stop anyone with a ….jack username on here who isn’t from Swansea following the club? More than happy for you to try when fans are allowed in, we both know you won’t have the balls though.

The guy you’re on about ridiculed you on social media in front of thousands of his followers who were literally laughing at you’re comments and how weird you are. You’re an absolute embarrassment you freak

I 'll answer that Blaine,me ol mucker.

First paragraph. No he is NOT

Second, ridiculedby whom exactly. Posters who see life from the end of their phone,Those who shout the odds to a username and those who post selfiies to impresss the impressionable.

AC and I disagree on much but offensive he aint and no need for the insult there.

I can think of many posters more worthy of insult like the one permanently trying to ridicule fans who had the cheek to move away from Wales. I mean.

Irony innit.

I might have mentioned what a squabbling shytcrew of a fan base we can be.

We grade fans.

The term Swansea Jack means much to mean;my granddad explained it as he walked me down the prom in 1956. wansea Dog Swansea owner.we were very proud of our town when people from the villages and places like Neath,LLanelly,Bridgend,cradiff and most of the valley towns spoke of us in dirty tones.

Now ,they can call themselves Jacks-a term they HATED- just as they now support our team that is based in Swansea . They are welcome to support us. But please ,have the respect to understand that to people of my age,Jacks are Jacks and born bred that way.

The term has changed . it's ok.

Outside football ,being a Risca man,do you call yourself a Jack

Login to get fewer ads

Ellis James on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 1193 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 12:09 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

Second, ridiculedby whom exactly. Posters who see life from the end of their phone,Those who shout the odds to a username and those who post selfiies to impresss the impressionable.

AC and I disagree on much but offensive he aint and no need for the insult there.

I can think of many posters more worthy of insult like the one permanently trying to ridicule fans who had the cheek to move away from Wales. I mean.

Irony innit.

We grade fans.

The term Swansea Jack means much to mean;my granddad explained it as he walked me down the prom in 1956. wansea Dog Swansea owner.we were very proud of our town when people from the villages and places like Neath,LLanelly,Bridgend,cradiff and most of the valley towns spoke of us in dirty tones.

Now ,they can call themselves Jacks-a term they HATED- just as they now support our team that is based in Swansea . They are welcome to support us. But please ,have the respect to understand that to people of my age,Jacks are Jacks and born bred that way.

Oh right, so I don’t need to earn myself the chance to follow the swans then
Ellis James on 12:53 - Jun 20 with 1190 viewsKeithHaynes

Anything regards ‘Jacks’ in songs or any reference didn’t reach the North Bank terraces until 1988 ish. Before that nobody even muttered it in a football context.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ellis James on 13:31 - Jun 20 with 1176 viewsjack247

Irony innit.

We grade fans.

Outside of football, very few people in Swansea do.

Of course, we all know the story of how the term originated. It hasn’t so much morphed to include people who support the Swans, it’s just become synonymous with that.

Elis James, I’m sure considers himself a Jack, Risca obviously does. My dad doesn’t, he’s lived here all his life but doesn’t have much interest in football. 30/40 years ago, I’m sure he would have.
Ellis James on 14:17 - Jun 20 with 1139 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 12:44 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

Oh right, so I don’t need to earn myself the chance to follow the swans then

No. You have changed my comment to fit your narrative.

You can call yourself a Jack;you can call yourself Doris Stokes if you like .

We are in the age of self identification era after all.

How is a Newport man labelled.

Bad new for Liverpool fans too as it doesnt make you a scouser per se

Ellis James on 14:30 - Jun 20 with 1140 viewsjack247

Ellis James on 14:17 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

A bit different for Liverpool and Man United fans. Their support is global and based on success. The vast majority will have no connection with the city. Almost all of our fans have some kind of link, born here, live here, nearest club if you’re from west of here, etc. The odd lunatic who decides to support us randomly, but sticks with us through thick and thin deserves to call themselves a Jack IMO.

It’s kind of apt that the clubs nickname is derived from a term that was originally Swanseas version of Scousers, Turks, Cockneys, Geordies etc.

Just my view, but people who support a mega club with no connections to the place deserve insipid nicknames like ‘the Reds’.

I think it’s almost offensive to people from Liverpool or Manchester to call these fans Scousers or Mancs, especially local Everton and Man City fans.
Ellis James on 14:40 - Jun 20 with 1122 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 14:30 - Jun 20 by jack247

A bit different for Liverpool and Man United fans. Their support is global and based on success. The vast majority will have no connection with the city. Almost all of our fans have some kind of link, born here, live here, nearest club if you’re from west of here, etc. The odd lunatic who decides to support us randomly, but sticks with us through thick and thin deserves to call themselves a Jack IMO.

It’s kind of apt that the clubs nickname is derived from a term that was originally Swanseas version of Scousers, Turks, Cockneys, Geordies etc.

Just my view, but people who support a mega club with no connections to the place deserve insipid nicknames like ‘the Reds’.

I think it’s almost offensive to people from Liverpool or Manchester to call these fans Scousers or Mancs, especially local Everton and Man City fans.

Good post that.
If born in Swansea,and no offence to anyone meant,The Swans is part of your DNA.Like it or not.
If born bred Llanelli,you are a scarlet and Ive met few as proud as them
If Neath,not sure what they call themselves,same with Bridgend.

And Cardiff are branded also as they are,Cardiffian.

Not so hard to grasp really and people need to wind their necks in.

Scousers I come across are ambivolent about people like cockneys "supporting" them. Everton fans just Blues whether from Bangor or Bootle.

Ellis James on 14:40 - Jun 20 with 1131 viewsDJack

Irony innit.

We grade fans.

You bitch at people who refer to you by one of your previous usernames and yet you call Risca, Blaine.

Hypocrit much?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Ellis James on 14:51 - Jun 20 with 1127 viewsjack247

Ellis James on 14:40 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

Good post that.
If born in Swansea,and no offence to anyone meant,The Swans is part of your DNA.Like it or not.
If born bred Llanelli,you are a scarlet and Ive met few as proud as them
If Neath,not sure what they call themselves,same with Bridgend.

And Cardiff are branded also as they are,Cardiffian.

Not so hard to grasp really and people need to wind their necks in.

Scousers I come across are ambivolent about people like cockneys "supporting" them. Everton fans just Blues whether from Bangor or Bootle.

Exactly. They aren’t bothered by outsiders supporting them, they are used to it. They rightly view these people as reds or blues though, not Scousers.

Can’t agree with your second sentence, the city may be a part of your DNA, the football club isn’t, it’s more a right of passage. We all know plenty of people who have never been to the Vetch or Liberty and never will.
Ellis James on 16:12 - Jun 20 with 1089 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 14:17 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

I’m not bothered what people call me to be honest, I’m a Swansea fan, who was born, and grew up in Risca. I’m not a “Swansea jack”, never claimed to be as I doubt Elis has either. “Jacks” is what Swansea fans are known as in football circles around here, when that started I have no idea but Keith’s post above will probably give people a good idea.

One thing for sure though Richie, I don’t need to “qualify” to support the club I have all my life because your pal with a United player as a username said so.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 16:22]
Ellis James on 16:26 - Jun 20 with 1068 viewsraynor94

Ellis James on 12:53 - Jun 20 by KeithHaynes

Anything regards ‘Jacks’ in songs or any reference didn’t reach the North Bank terraces until 1988 ish. Before that nobody even muttered it in a football context.

When I started work in Port Talbot in 1972 it was a rugby term, and Neath were the Blacks.

As you say it didn't reach football till the late 80s

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ellis James on 16:52 - Jun 20 with 1038 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 16:12 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

I’m not bothered what people call me to be honest, I’m a Swansea fan, who was born, and grew up in Risca. I’m not a “Swansea jack”, never claimed to be as I doubt Elis has either. “Jacks” is what Swansea fans are known as in football circles around here, when that started I have no idea but Keith’s post above will probably give people a good idea.

One thing for sure though Richie, I don’t need to “qualify” to support the club I have all my life because your pal with a United player as a username said so.

That is fair comment,Blaine.
Note ,I meant no offence;it' simply my views.
I am a proud Swansea man. OK ,I would never move back as my life is here and ha been since 1976. This county has been very good to me and I owe it everything.

Ellis James on 19:04 - Jun 20 with 1017 views1983

Ellis James on 16:52 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

That is fair comment,Blaine.
Note ,I meant no offence;it' simply my views.
I am a proud Swansea man. OK ,I would never move back as my life is here and ha been since 1976. This county has been very good to me and I owe it everything.

Cool story lol

Ellis James on 23:15 - Jun 20 with 925 viewsAndyCole

Another massive Whoooooosh moment for our resident, bully-boy non-jack.

It really isn't difficult to understand, even for outsiders with limited intelligence and comprehension skills.

It's all about being Fanatical about supporting my local Club (it's what Fans do). So, when I see so-called supporters constantly bashing my Club's efforts, and bullying my fellow jacks it's natural to call them out and defend my Club.

How some can continue to spend most of their airtime on here constantly deriding our efforts is totally unacceptable. And should always be called out. These non-jacks need to earn the right to support the Swans, and they're failing and flailing badly.

Ellis James on 23:46 - Jun 20 with 917 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 14:40 - Jun 20 by DJack

You bitch at people who refer to you by one of your previous usernames and yet you call Risca, Blaine.

Hypocrit much?

It s been a while DJ.
Welcome Bach dear friend

Ellis James on 23:48 - Jun 20 with 916 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 16:12 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

It s ok to have a go at me on footy .
I’ve never had a problem.
I stick to topic whenever possible.

And it s Elis.

Ellis James on 00:58 - Jun 21 with 893 viewsDJack

Ellis James on 23:46 - Jun 20 by onehunglow

It s been a while DJ.
Welcome Bach dear friend

My point may have been a bit blunt but can you argue that it was not valid.

BTW we both know that I am not a friend but I can tell you that I am not your enemy. I happen to disagree with a lot of what you say and on occasion I will voice this.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Ellis James on 08:46 - Jun 21 with 809 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 23:15 - Jun 20 by AndyCole

Another massive Whoooooosh moment for our resident, bully-boy non-jack.

It really isn't difficult to understand, even for outsiders with limited intelligence and comprehension skills.

It's all about being Fanatical about supporting my local Club (it's what Fans do). So, when I see so-called supporters constantly bashing my Club's efforts, and bullying my fellow jacks it's natural to call them out and defend my Club.

How some can continue to spend most of their airtime on here constantly deriding our efforts is totally unacceptable. And should always be called out. These non-jacks need to earn the right to support the Swans, and they're failing and flailing badly.

Lol, you're a joke, and Elis rightly pointed it out to the masses.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024