Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ellis James 21:04 - May 25 with 8054 viewspencoedjack

History of Welsh football an enjoyable watch.

Is he a Jack?
Ellis James on 20:52 - Jun 8 with 1714 viewsKeithHaynes

Ellis’s comedy is generational, I think he is an incredibly talented young man, and anyone who supports the ‘jacks’ and it’s clear it’s one of his life passions is good enough for me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ellis James on 20:56 - Jun 8 with 1699 viewsGwyn737

Ellis James on 20:52 - Jun 8 by KeithHaynes

Ellis’s comedy is generational, I think he is an incredibly talented young man, and anyone who supports the ‘jacks’ and it’s clear it’s one of his life passions is good enough for me.

The Socially Distanced Sports Bar podcast has made me laugh out loud more than anything I can think of for ages.
Ellis James on 21:13 - Jun 8 with 1663 viewsKeithHaynes

Ellis James on 20:56 - Jun 8 by Gwyn737

The Socially Distanced Sports Bar podcast has made me laugh out loud more than anything I can think of for ages.

I found the drummer of dire straits an incredibly odd chap, but it takes all sorts, and he had a passion for Swansea like few others.

Ellis James on 21:18 - Jun 8 with 1649 viewsjack247

Ellis James on 20:45 - Jun 8 by onehunglow

Steve.
I have an alter ego on twitter but I dont tweet much. It's not immediate enough for me.I'd rather say summat then have someone call me a xxxx. I quite enjoy that. It fills in the time sometimes. Anyone believing any twits is insane.

As regards Elis/ellis.He aint a comedian for me. Funny as exterior piles . He's Welsh and ergo cannot be funny a the accent isnt condusive to comedy like cockney or scouse. Welsh accents good for serious drama,hence the rising start Nye Barnard. Elis isnt a "Swansea "jack either.That's a birthright. I am and will front up to anyone calling themselves a Jack in the true sense of the word,ie A Swansea person. We are/were hated by valley boys,Turks a well as capital cousins. Not sure about Pembs as to me it was just Potato Land . Sweet people though kiving a long way from everywhere.

Anyway,EllisElis has done what most "stars" do and get out of Wales asap and then put the accent on,like Alex Jones-surely the worst vice on media,another to get out as soon as possible only to go on and on abut the old country. Not unlike the Irish really.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Personal taste. I think he’s very funny. His style is very easy to relate to.

He may be from Carmarthen, but he follows the Swans (and Wales) home and away. That makes him far more of a Jack than many people born in Swansea, particularly those who often vow never to return here. That’s not even up for debate.
Ellis James on 21:23 - Jun 8 with 1637 viewstrampie

Ellis James on 21:18 - Jun 8 by jack247

He may be from Carmarthen, but he follows the Swans (and Wales) home and away. That makes him far more of a Jack than many people born in Swansea, particularly those who often vow never to return here. That’s not even up for debate.

Yes I agree and particularly the point about those that vow never to return is a salient one.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Ellis James on 21:32 - Jun 8 with 1623 viewsNotLoyal

That swans unofficial chap has been outed. How dare he think it's funny to undermine a site that raises money for my family. I'm on this.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ellis James on 21:39 - Jun 8 with 1599 viewsmax936

Ellis James on 20:37 - Jun 8 by KeithHaynes

A couple of ex idiots decided to start the usual nonsense about posters on here.

ignore and forget,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ellis James on 21:42 - Jun 8 with 1588 viewstrampie

Perhaps the Swans unofficial chap is jealous of this site.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Ellis James on 21:45 - Jun 8 with 1578 viewsKeithHaynes

Ellis James on 21:39 - Jun 8 by max936

ignore and forget,

I can, but can’t speak for everyone.

Ellis James on 21:45 - Jun 8 with 1564 viewsonehunglow

It is personal taste.I mean Ant and Dec are still worshipped.
Bernard Manning still has legions of fans and

Michael Macintye.

I rest my case

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ellis James on 21:51 - Jun 8 with 1554 viewsKeithHaynes

Ellis James on 21:45 - Jun 8 by onehunglow

It is personal taste.I mean Ant and Dec are still worshipped.
Bernard Manning still has legions of fans and

Michael Macintye.

I rest my case

I saw Manning in Tenerife about 15 years ago in a bar in Los Christianos. He was funny, but It was of its time, and he wasn’t racist that night. He had a entourage of chaps from the costa Del Sol with bulgy jackets which they could hardly fit in to.

Ellis James on 09:11 - Jun 19 with 1172 views1983

Thanks for the mention on your podcast Mike 👍
I'm going to become a patreon now

Ellis James on 09:18 - Jun 19 with 1164 viewsChief

Ellis James on 09:11 - Jun 19 by 1983

Thanks for the mention on your podcast Mike 👍
I'm going to become a patreon now

Haha they gave a good mention to this forum and some of its more interesting posters.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ellis James on 09:19 - Jun 19 with 1158 viewsDr_Winston

Makes him far more of a Jack than someone who went to great lengths to brag about how he wasn't going to go and watch the Swans even though they were only playing a few miles from his house, that's for sure.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 9:32]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ellis James on 09:22 - Jun 19 with 1153 viewsbuilthjack

Ellis James on 21:13 - Jun 8 by KeithHaynes

I found the drummer of dire straits an incredibly odd chap, but it takes all sorts, and he had a passion for Swansea like few others.

I always wondered why they sang-
"Oh yeah, the boy from Killay" in walk of life.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 9:23]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ellis James on 09:30 - Jun 19 with 1144 viewsKilkennyjack

Ellis James on 20:52 - Jun 8 by KeithHaynes

He is brilliant, loves the Swans and loves Cymru.

Whats not to like ?

Beware of the Risen People

Ellis James on 09:58 - Jun 19 with 1103 viewsBadlands

Ellis James on 21:13 - Jun 8 by KeithHaynes

Years of being in Man may have toked it's toll

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ellis James on 10:02 - Jun 19 with 1095 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 09:58 - Jun 19 by Badlands

Years of being in Man may have toked it's toll

Most bands have odd people.It goes with the territory.Talent.
These are often not "normal" people.They are exceptional.

Terry Williams was a great drummer and his work is there for all time.Swansea boy or not.

Elis/Ellis is not a Swansea boy.

Ellis James on 10:02 - Jun 19 with 1100 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 10:02 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

Most bands have odd people.It goes with the territory.Talent.
These are often not "normal" people.They are exceptional.

Terry Williams was a great drummer and his work is there for all time.Swansea boy or not.

Elis/Ellis is not a Swansea boy.

Has he ever said he was?
Ellis James on 10:41 - Jun 19 with 1063 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought Dire Straits best stuff was without Terry Williams personally.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ellis James on 11:23 - Jun 19 with 1032 viewsjack247

Ellis James on 10:02 - Jun 19 by 34dfgdf54

Has he ever said he was?

No. He’s a massive Jack though, which almost all of us understand and respect.

For me, someone from Carmarthen who follows us home and away is far more of a Jack than someone who happened to be born here, never comes back and rarely goes to games. Same would apply to yourself (if you’re originally from Risca not Swansea). You put the effort in following the club.

Where people are born is one of the few things they have no control whatsoever over. I find it weird when anyone holds it up as a badge of honour.
Ellis James on 12:07 - Jun 19 with 1018 viewsonehunglow

Ellis James on 11:23 - Jun 19 by jack247

For me, someone from Carmarthen who follows us home and away is far more of a Jack than someone who happened to be born here, never comes back and rarely goes to games. Same would apply to yourself (if you’re originally from Risca not Swansea). You put the effort in following the club.

Where people are born is one of the few things they have no control whatsoever over. I find it weird when anyone holds it up as a badge of honour.

The term has morphed in recent times to INCLUDE Swan fans,but in normal life,people from Llanelli,say,would not call them Jacks

Ellis James on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 1011 viewsjack247

Ellis James on 12:07 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

The term has morphed in recent times to INCLUDE Swan fans,but in normal life,people from Llanelli,say,would not call them Jacks

It’s more than that though isn’t it. It’s more widely associated with the football club than the city now. I’m not arguing that was always the case.

People from Llanelli wouldn’t think of people from Carmarthen as Jacks, absolutely.

People from Llanelli would think of Elis James as a Jack, he’s earned that. He’s far more of a Jack than plenty of people I know who support Man United, Liverpool or just don’t follow football. They are just people from Swansea.
Ellis James on 13:38 - Jun 19 with 993 views34dfgdf54

Ellis James on 11:23 - Jun 19 by jack247

I’m Risca born and bred, not a “Swansea Jack” but people who support the Swans are known as “Jacks” or “Jack tw*t” if you live around by me by fellow football fans
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 13:39]
Ellis James on 13:59 - Jun 19 with 974 viewsonehunglow

Exactly risca. Liverpool fans are Koppies,Reds etc but they are not scousers per se.Looking and listening to their fans,many do not even qualify as being Englissh.

My old fella's lot were originally Llandyssul then moved to Ferryside. Pretty Welsh I d say.

No way on God's earth would anyone west of Loughor would describe themselves as Jack .They farking detested us.

It's like Neath. I mean ,Tonna boys proud Jacks!.

Anyone remembering the feisty rugby derby games of yore will recall the hatred towards us Whites supporters. We had the likes of Geoff Wheel,Morrie Evans,Roger Blyth, Tony Clement ;now they really were Jacks.

Ok ,it now encompasses our fans and that's fine but they're only Jacks for the Day.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024