Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire 17:35 - Aug 7 with 3775 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55400/swansea-city-suici

Match report above
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 17:50 - Aug 7 with 2978 viewsKeithHaynes

Harsh but fair ?,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 17:53 - Aug 7 with 2963 viewsSnackajack

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 17:50 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

Harsh but fair ?,

Very harsh, and not fair. Watched a different game than me. There were problems with the new tactics but that was to be expected. How it can be suggested we never got hold of the ball when we had 75% of it in the first half, I really don't understand. We rarely threatened but some of our football was top drawer and a pleasure to watch. It will come
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 17:55 - Aug 7 with 2948 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 17:53 - Aug 7 by Snackajack

Very harsh, and not fair. Watched a different game than me. There were problems with the new tactics but that was to be expected. How it can be suggested we never got hold of the ball when we had 75% of it in the first half, I really don't understand. We rarely threatened but some of our football was top drawer and a pleasure to watch. It will come

Devils thingy being played.
My view is slightly different too, but only slightly.

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:08 - Aug 7 with 2874 viewsChief

Harsh but fair ?,

Yes.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:16 - Aug 7 with 2839 viewsThornburyswan

Harsh but fair ?,

Not ‘fair’ for me just harsh, a couple of points missed :-

1. All this poor old under strength Blackburn stuff for a start - we were missing Woodman, Guehi, Roberts & Ayew from last seasons first choice 11 plus Fulton, Manning, Walsh & Piroe - so two under-strength sides for me.

2. We’ve gone for a new gaffer plus fundamentally new approach & had no prep matches for him & that style.

3. Think our record at Blackburn is 1 win in 22 so hardly a happy hunting ground.

Definitely a one-eyed journalist piece, let’s hope he’s not a Jack after that.
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:27 - Aug 7 with 2777 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:16 - Aug 7 by Thornburyswan

Not ‘fair’ for me just harsh, a couple of points missed :-

1. All this poor old under strength Blackburn stuff for a start - we were missing Woodman, Guehi, Roberts & Ayew from last seasons first choice 11 plus Fulton, Manning, Walsh & Piroe - so two under-strength sides for me.

2. We’ve gone for a new gaffer plus fundamentally new approach & had no prep matches for him & that style.

3. Think our record at Blackburn is 1 win in 22 so hardly a happy hunting ground.

Definitely a one-eyed journalist piece, let’s hope he’s not a Jack after that.

A very proud swans fan is Dai 👍

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:30 - Aug 7 with 2766 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:27 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

A very proud swans fan is Dai 👍

If he is I wouldn’t want him in the trenches with us if this gets messy in a couple of months & we sit in the bottom 3………………unless of course he is just fishing for a reaction or two!
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:34 - Aug 7 with 2756 viewsBadlands

Blackburn lucked out big time today.
Once the front players get used to having the ball quickly and looking to exploit space this team could be a force to reckon with.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:40 - Aug 7 with 2720 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:34 - Aug 7 by Badlands

Once the front players get used to having the ball quickly and looking to exploit space this team could be a force to reckon with.

"Once the front players get used to having the ball quickly and looking to exploit space this team could be a force to reckon with."

Well that's not going to happen with Cullen and Lowe. Especially Cullen. He offers absolutely nothing in terms of building attacks and helping create space. He walks around on the last defender and is usually second to any attempt to play the ball to him. You could forgive this if he actually put away a good percentage of his chances. You might be able to forgive this if the other striker (Lowe) is able to do the job of both of them in terms of holding up the ball and offering themselves to midfielders and advancing defenders. Alas, he does not. I lost count of how many times Bidwell played a perfectly weighted ball into the channel for Lowe, only for Lowe to react too late and find himself second to what should have been an easy forward pass.

Lisa mentioned 4-5-1. That sounds good to me.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 18:41]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:45 - Aug 7 with 2698 viewsChief

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:34 - Aug 7 by Badlands

Well they managed to take advantage of our adverse circumstances and we didn't manage to take advantage of their adverse circumstances.

That luck could have gone either way. If anything we were lucky not to have lost be 4/5.

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:48 - Aug 7 with 2683 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:30 - Aug 7 by Thornburyswan

If he is I wouldn’t want him in the trenches with us if this gets messy in a couple of months & we sit in the bottom 3………………unless of course he is just fishing for a reaction or two!

He won’t hold back, his style is always reflective of what he sees.
I could easily turn his reports in to a more palatable read, but on this occasion I thought not.

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:49 - Aug 7 with 2677 viewsSirjohnalot

Just got back, really enjoyed it, one of the most entertaining games in defeat I’ve seen in a long time. Very heart in mouth, some crazy passing and players not quite skilful enough to do it in time but they’re buying into the new system and at least we can see what’s they’re trying to do.
System is there with future, hopefully more skilful, more adapt to it in mind.

What incredible support, sang all the way through. When we went 2 down it increased even more. I’m only 40 minutes away, in awe of the brilliant travelling support
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 19:08 - Aug 7 with 2620 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:48 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

He won’t hold back, his style is always reflective of what he sees.
I could easily turn his reports in to a more palatable read, but on this occasion I thought not.

Fair enough & always good to have different view points.
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 19:27 - Aug 7 with 2551 viewsBadlands

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 18:49 - Aug 7 by Sirjohnalot

Just got back, really enjoyed it, one of the most entertaining games in defeat I’ve seen in a long time. Very heart in mouth, some crazy passing and players not quite skilful enough to do it in time but they’re buying into the new system and at least we can see what’s they’re trying to do.
System is there with future, hopefully more skilful, more adapt to it in mind.

What incredible support, sang all the way through. When we went 2 down it increased even more. I’m only 40 minutes away, in awe of the brilliant travelling support

Sounded like a home game👍

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 20:12 - Aug 7 with 2415 viewsAndyCole

Haha classic read, but maybe more Cornish Silver than Gold this time. A tad harsh.

A massive ask to massively change systems. For management team and players. Chuffed how bold we were from the off.

If Martin builds it, they will come (and there are a fair few queuing up I hear, to come to a rejuvenated, re-stylised Swansea Way).

Onwards, sideways (maybe a bit less than sideways at times, like today) but always UP.

It's the Swansea way.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:10 - Aug 7 with 2166 viewsAjack_Kerouac

I said it under Cooper and I'll say it again...there is not enough movement in our midfield.

The defence can't play it out from the back if our midfield aren't working off the ball to create a viable pass for them.
Until this is rectified I fear we will struggle

We need rid of Byers.
We need to sort out this Grimes transfer.
...and we need to get some midfielders in who will show for the ball and want the ball in all circumstances.

We also need another Centre-Back and maybe a Centre-Forward (Not writing off Cullen, Joseph, Whittaker or Piroe...it might be that we have the goals in us already, but it all hinges on that midfield. If we buy a striker he had better be a target man).

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:40 - Aug 7 with 2126 viewsChief

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:10 - Aug 7 by Ajack_Kerouac

I said it under Cooper and I'll say it again...there is not enough movement in our midfield.

The defence can't play it out from the back if our midfield aren't working off the ball to create a viable pass for them.
Until this is rectified I fear we will struggle

We need rid of Byers.
We need to sort out this Grimes transfer.
...and we need to get some midfielders in who will show for the ball and want the ball in all circumstances.

We also need another Centre-Back and maybe a Centre-Forward (Not writing off Cullen, Joseph, Whittaker or Piroe...it might be that we have the goals in us already, but it all hinges on that midfield. If we buy a striker he had better be a target man).

Byers has gone. agree with the rest.

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:43 - Aug 7 with 2120 viewsKeithHaynes

We still need a striker, that’s a striker, someone who can strike !

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:44 - Aug 7 with 2114 viewsChief

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:43 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

This is my worry.

If we're going to be so open, we need more goals in the team.

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 00:00 - Aug 8 with 2092 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 23:43 - Aug 7 by KeithHaynes

Flynn Downes?
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 00:33 - Aug 8 with 2057 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 00:00 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Flynn Downes?

A good midfielder.

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 00:36 - Aug 8 with 2049 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 00:33 - Aug 8 by KeithHaynes

A good midfielder.

Shown he can go on strike.
Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 02:38 - Aug 8 with 1991 viewsDJack

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 20:12 - Aug 7 by AndyCole

Haha classic read, but maybe more Cornish Silver than Gold this time. A tad harsh.

A massive ask to massively change systems. For management team and players. Chuffed how bold we were from the off.

If Martin builds it, they will come (and there are a fair few queuing up I hear, to come to a rejuvenated, re-stylised Swansea Way).

Onwards, sideways (maybe a bit less than sideways at times, like today) but always UP.

It's the Swansea way.

Oi Peggy, for once we agree.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 11:57 - Aug 8 with 1764 viewsNotLoyal

I don't think it was as bad as the report suggests, but surely players at this level are capable of passing a football regardless of the tactics?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City suicide mission in Lancashire on 12:49 - Aug 8 with 1704 viewsValeJack

Bit sloppy, yes. Patience and optimism needed. Not a scathing attack on a style of play that has been worked on for three days. Ridiculous to be so negative after one game.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024