Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 20891 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:51 - Nov 2 with 1379 viewsWhiterockin

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Have you enjoyed it though? Really?

Whilst I’m sure you are fairly happy we won, you have been frustratedly showing your colours after a few posters proved that they were right.

So it’s clearly tinged with an awful lot of frustration.

Nope 100% enjoyment. But I'm not sure you know what that is.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:51 - Nov 2 with 1376 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:39 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Really? You have a quotable source of me telling you it was 15 yards?

Sounds like a lie to me.

Silly

You said you assumed it was 15 yards.

I honestly could not care less what it is. The way we brought it out from the back today holding a lead against a team unbeaten at home, starting with hamer then the likes of Grimes, Downes, Smith and Bennett who has improved ten fold from the start of season. Pleasure to watch.

Keep your chin up, we won.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:53 - Nov 2 with 1355 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:47 - Nov 2 by 3swan

As the old saying goes just got back so before I read the thread a few comments.

A great start but then give away a needless goal. Any chances Coventry got was mostly down to our own overplaying, but in saying that we deserved the lead at half time. Game was very open as the second half developed a few good moves by us where the final pass/shot was delayed. Coventry had a few half chances but mostly down to enthusiasm than good play. Final minutes were a bit nervy but the final whistle reflected on game management. Well done the team for a hard won three points and great support from the travelling fans.

Swans fans tonight

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:54 - Nov 2 with 1345 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:51 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

You said you assumed it was 15 yards.

I honestly could not care less what it is. The way we brought it out from the back today holding a lead against a team unbeaten at home, starting with hamer then the likes of Grimes, Downes, Smith and Bennett who has improved ten fold from the start of season. Pleasure to watch.

Keep your chin up, we won.

So I didn’t say it was then? Glad that’s cleared up.

Hang on, so did we bring it out from the back or did we panic and hoof it like Daps said?

I mean I know what happened….

But someone’s eyes are playing tricks on them it seems. 👀

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:55 - Nov 2 with 1339 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:38 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

On a side note, the website has been thriving tonight, biggest midweek match day since we took over the shenanigans on here. Thank you.

My pleasure

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:57 - Nov 2 with 1326 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:54 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

So I didn’t say it was then? Glad that’s cleared up.

Hang on, so did we bring it out from the back or did we panic and hoof it like Daps said?

I mean I know what happened….

But someone’s eyes are playing tricks on them it seems. 👀

Here is a question, a good one.... Would a hoof into touch be classed as a long ball or not?

I would assume that it wouldn't as it goes dead so no conclusion to it. If that were the case then it would open up a whole new window and would render a few things inconclusive.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:58 - Nov 2 with 1322 views3swan

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

Thank you Clive, I’m sure it was worth the long journey 😉

Oh yes it was. Longer to get out of the car park than the journey. As your article said there is something about a night game. More nervous than a home game as the pressure was building but final whistle reflection - the boys did us proud
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:58 - Nov 2 with 1318 viewsmagicdaps10

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:57 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

Here is a question, a good one.... Would a hoof into touch be classed as a long ball or not?

I would assume that it wouldn't as it goes dead so no conclusion to it. If that were the case then it would open up a whole new window and would render a few things inconclusive.

By the way, that is a genuine question.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:59 - Nov 2 with 1305 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:57 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

Not sure, I don’t record them, just report them.

However Risca is commending us for bringing the ball out when defending the lead. You are slating us for panicking and hoofing it.

Ahem

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:01 - Nov 2 with 1291 viewsWhiterockin

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:59 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure, I don’t record them, just report them.

However Risca is commending us for bringing the ball out when defending the lead. You are slating us for panicking and hoofing it.

Ahem

I would call it excellent game management. As we did well towards the end of the game.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:03 - Nov 2 with 1269 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:01 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

I would call it excellent game management. As we did well towards the end of the game.

Right but that’s an opinion on a managerial performance, not a style.

My question was did we bring it out of defence or did we panic and hoof it?

Not a tricky one.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:04 - Nov 2 with 1261 viewsWhiterockin

We played well and won, get over it.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:05 - Nov 2 with 1260 viewsSirjohnalot

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:48 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

Don’t go to Bournemouth 😉😂

I’ll save a trip like that to you lot. Proper fans. Way too far for me.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:05 - Nov 2 with 1250 viewsPrivate_Partz

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:47 - Nov 2 by 3swan

As the old saying goes just got back so before I read the thread a few comments.

A great start but then give away a needless goal. Any chances Coventry got was mostly down to our own overplaying, but in saying that we deserved the lead at half time. Game was very open as the second half developed a few good moves by us where the final pass/shot was delayed. Coventry had a few half chances but mostly down to enthusiasm than good play. Final minutes were a bit nervy but the final whistle reflected on game management. Well done the team for a hard won three points and great support from the travelling fans.

Yep. That is just how I saw it from my sofa. If we can get the final ball right then this division can look out.
The travelling fans were superb and could be heard quite clearly over the commentary.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:08 - Nov 2 with 1224 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:04 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

We played well and won, get over it.

My sentiments every time we win and the forum goes into meltdown.

Shame you didn’t have that attitude earlier with your tantrums.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:42 - Nov 2 with 1150 viewsJackDragon

We played well, we won and 86.8% of our passes were not classed as long 👍🏻. STID
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:47 - Nov 2 with 1132 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:42 - Nov 2 by JackDragon

We played well, we won and 86.8% of our passes were not classed as long 👍🏻. STID

Agreed, the mixed approach with anything 10% or above being long is a nice healthy figure.

We rarely win once it gets extremely lop sided around the 4% or 5% mark. That usually indicates we are being less risk averse in our defensive patterns and usually bites us.

13% long tonight which was a similar amount to the formula we have seen in recent years. But of course we have the ball for longer periods this season.

If we can continue in that mould then we won’t go far wrong. We certainly have the talent within the squad too.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 00:01 - Nov 3 with 1116 viewsOptimisticJack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 23:01 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

It was excellent game management.
The introduction of Downes was a contributory factor.
He keeps things so tight in the middle.

Optimisticjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 06:10 - Nov 3 with 997 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:40 - Nov 2 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s 25 yards, just looked it up.

Not difficult folks, just a bit of research.

Quarter the length of the pitch, seems reasonable to me to be classed as a long ball.

What’s factual is, we did more of that in the first half than the second when defending. Just the truth.

Maybe some prescription lenses may help Daps?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 22:41]

So a 25 yard pass across our defence or back to the keeper count?
I’m starting to understand the figures

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 06:24 - Nov 3 with 992 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:27 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

15 yards apparently

It all depends on which argument Dr. Phibes is trying to provoke. I’ll have a guess at one nautical mile

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:10 - Nov 3 with 957 viewsDr_Winston

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 06:10 - Nov 3 by PatchesOHoulihan

Surely height and type are key factors when it comes to defining a "long" ball?

Piroe's pass to Ntcham for the third goal last Sat couldn't have been far off 25 yards (maybe more once ON actually took a touch) yet nobody with any scrap of sanity or sense would describe it as a long ball.

This is the danger of stats and those who rely on them for their opinions. Without context they're meaningless arse dribble.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:35 - Nov 3 with 922 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 06:10 - Nov 3 by PatchesOHoulihan

If the pass was 25 yards or longer then yes.

Passes to the keeper or around the back don’t tend to be anywhere near 25 yards though, that’s quarter of the length of the field.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:37 - Nov 3 with 919 views34dfgdf54

High praise again form opposition supporters. “RussBall” is the term used by some isn’t it?
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:44 - Nov 3 with 908 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:10 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Surely height and type are key factors when it comes to defining a "long" ball?

Piroe's pass to Ntcham for the third goal last Sat couldn't have been far off 25 yards (maybe more once ON actually took a touch) yet nobody with any scrap of sanity or sense would describe it as a long ball.

This is the danger of stats and those who rely on them for their opinions. Without context they're meaningless arse dribble.

Why would height come into it?

A long ball is describing its length, not it’s trajectory.

I think your problem is you have a stigma over the phrase “long ball” and attach a meaning to it that only exists in your head, and maybe some other people that don’t tend to understand these things.

You think long ball means “aimless hoof”. It doesn’t, and never has. It can mean that of course, and many will be long clearances to clear lines for example. Others will be measured.

David Beckham of course was an expert at the long ball. Only an idiot would suggest otherwise…

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:45 - Nov 3 with 910 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 22:51 - Nov 2 by magicdaps10

Just going by the 15 that you mentioned so you should have got it right before you posted.... I wouldn't be sad enough to look.

Still think 25 yards can be hit easily with a controlled pass so makes no difference to me and even at 25 yards, makes that long ball stat a non goer for me.

I will trust my own eyes thanks to someone else's perception of the game and what is classed as a long ball or not in their opinion.

25 yard passes could range from anything to Smith going back to Hamer after winning possession back after a potential break away, manning switching play to Laird etc or on the flip side a long clearance by Hamer when the press was aggressive as it was at times yesterday. The introduction of Laird would have increased the long balls, possibly they will go up again if we get a pacey LWB, Bidwell playing well however so not saying he should be dropped. Pretty pointless stats all being told.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024