Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 08:11 - Oct 31 with 20893 viewsNotLoyal

The new and improved match day thread with less scrolling options is here.
It’s different gravy. It contains no animal fats that we are aware of. Scratch that, it may do. It’s difficult. We need to talk about it. Nothing ‘special’ here.

This game is pay on the day

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:13]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:48 - Nov 3 with 1114 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 06:24 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

It all depends on which argument Dr. Phibes is trying to provoke. I’ll have a guess at one nautical mile

There are no arguments from me, just facts.

For some reason when I make the factual point that we are playing more long balls, some see that as me insulting the team. It’s bizarre.

I am praising the team. My whole point at the start is that we need to do this to improve our game, it speeds our attack, takes pressure off our defence and above all - creates chances.

People have their head in Stoke circa year 2000. Playing a healthy mixed style of passing doesn’t mean we are Cardiff.

Get with the programme.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:51 - Nov 3 with 1099 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:45 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

25 yard passes could range from anything to Smith going back to Hamer after winning possession back after a potential break away, manning switching play to Laird etc or on the flip side a long clearance by Hamer when the press was aggressive as it was at times yesterday. The introduction of Laird would have increased the long balls, possibly they will go up again if we get a pacey LWB, Bidwell playing well however so not saying he should be dropped. Pretty pointless stats all being told.

Pointless if you don't like the outcome, or don’t understand them maybe.

Absolutely not pointless if you are analysing a clear style change and understand the obvious data.

Which of course, I do.

Inconvenient maybe. But not pointless.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:55 - Nov 3 with 1095 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:51 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Pointless if you don't like the outcome, or don’t understand them maybe.

Absolutely not pointless if you are analysing a clear style change and understand the obvious data.

Which of course, I do.

Inconvenient maybe. But not pointless.

Nah, still completely pointless.

Chalk and Cheese from last season, the fans that were willing to stay patient and had the brains to realise things were going to take a bit of time for Martin to implement such as change are now being rewarded with cracking results. Still work to do though and a loss against Bournemouth the usual suspects will be on here trying to undermine his efforts but 99% of people can see through that.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:00 - Nov 3 with 1066 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:55 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Nah, still completely pointless.

Chalk and Cheese from last season, the fans that were willing to stay patient and had the brains to realise things were going to take a bit of time for Martin to implement such as change are now being rewarded with cracking results. Still work to do though and a loss against Bournemouth the usual suspects will be on here trying to undermine his efforts but 99% of people can see through that.

I still think you mean inconvenient.

What has last season got to do with anything?

I think that’s your Cooperitis at play, nobody has mentioned it have they?

Those with brains realised that the 4% short passing with a reluctance to go long in any circumstance was not working. Our attacks were slow, the press was more effective as they knew they couldn’t be quickly caught, the pressure was immense and of course we missed out on a heap of variety with out attacks rendering us toothless.

Hence why we called for these changes.
Hence Martin was smart enough to also see what was needed and implement them.
Hence why we are winning

….and hence why the lot that were complaining about those making those observations at the start are now saying long balls are all cultured Beckham passes or pass backs to the keeper.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:02 - Nov 3 with 1062 viewsmagicdaps10

Some good questions on what is classed as a long pass, there is a couple of questionable passes that denotes that the long ball stat can't be taken as a reliable stat, this is where I think your own viewing is just as credible or arguably even more factual than some stat someone else has done.

That done, morning after another excellent win... We push on to Bournemouth with some excitement and a little more hope.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:04 - Nov 3 with 1039 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:02 - Nov 3 by magicdaps10

Some good questions on what is classed as a long pass, there is a couple of questionable passes that denotes that the long ball stat can't be taken as a reliable stat, this is where I think your own viewing is just as credible or arguably even more factual than some stat someone else has done.

That done, morning after another excellent win... We push on to Bournemouth with some excitement and a little more hope.

They may be good questions to some, if they don’t know the answer.

…but the answer is easy.

If it’s 25 yards in length and over, it’s a long ball.

Simple.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:11 - Nov 3 with 1030 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:00 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

I still think you mean inconvenient.

What has last season got to do with anything?

I think that’s your Cooperitis at play, nobody has mentioned it have they?

Those with brains realised that the 4% short passing with a reluctance to go long in any circumstance was not working. Our attacks were slow, the press was more effective as they knew they couldn’t be quickly caught, the pressure was immense and of course we missed out on a heap of variety with out attacks rendering us toothless.

Hence why we called for these changes.
Hence Martin was smart enough to also see what was needed and implement them.
Hence why we are winning

….and hence why the lot that were complaining about those making those observations at the start are now saying long balls are all cultured Beckham passes or pass backs to the keeper.

Yeah my Cooperitis was at play yesterday, won't even deny that, as the way we passed the ball out last ten minutes, killing the game off, was a pleasure to watch compared to how we used to go into our shell last year.

No one said nothing about cultured Beckham passes back to keeper, that's just you making things up, you do that when you're angry. It's a fact that pass backs played yesterday were over 25 yards, I can think of two straight away, Smith and Manning, when there were no options, go back to keeper and start again.

Try again Saturday Doc, Bournemouth red hot favourites.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:15 - Nov 3 with 1019 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:11 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah my Cooperitis was at play yesterday, won't even deny that, as the way we passed the ball out last ten minutes, killing the game off, was a pleasure to watch compared to how we used to go into our shell last year.

No one said nothing about cultured Beckham passes back to keeper, that's just you making things up, you do that when you're angry. It's a fact that pass backs played yesterday were over 25 yards, I can think of two straight away, Smith and Manning, when there were no options, go back to keeper and start again.

Try again Saturday Doc, Bournemouth red hot favourites.

You will have to fight that out with daps, he was criticising us for hoofing it and panicking in defence.

I didn’t say cultured Beckham passes back to the keeper either. Read it again.

Yep a small minority will be passes back to the keeper. That’s what a mixed style is…. mixed. Funnily enough.

I don’t need to “try” anything, the data is there. It does it for me. Whatever the result in the next game, the data will be treated exactly the same.

Unlucky though, I mean that. May need to find a new angle to concentrate on, this one really won’t work.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 8:16]

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:19 - Nov 3 with 1012 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:15 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

You will have to fight that out with daps, he was criticising us for hoofing it and panicking in defence.

I didn’t say cultured Beckham passes back to the keeper either. Read it again.

Yep a small minority will be passes back to the keeper. That’s what a mixed style is…. mixed. Funnily enough.

I don’t need to “try” anything, the data is there. It does it for me. Whatever the result in the next game, the data will be treated exactly the same.

Unlucky though, I mean that. May need to find a new angle to concentrate on, this one really won’t work.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 8:16]

Only angle I'm concentrating on is 3 points away from home against a team unbeaten at the Ricoh. Nothing unlucky about that

PS - Great headline on the new article Keith. "Russell's brand of football stuns Coventry"

Shall enjoy reading that one.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:24 - Nov 3 with 989 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:19 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Only angle I'm concentrating on is 3 points away from home against a team unbeaten at the Ricoh. Nothing unlucky about that

PS - Great headline on the new article Keith. "Russell's brand of football stuns Coventry"

Shall enjoy reading that one.

If only that were true. As I said, new one required.

Why do you keep going on about us playing good football as if you think you are making some sort of point against something I have said. Where have I said we are playing bad football exactly? You seem to be barking up the wrong tree (quell surprise) again with that one

We are playing fantastic football now we are mixing it…. as I called for when certain individuals were crying about such a suggestion.

Thankfully some of us know what we are talking about. You are welcome.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 10:00 - Nov 3 with 893 views34dfgdf54

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:24 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

If only that were true. As I said, new one required.

Why do you keep going on about us playing good football as if you think you are making some sort of point against something I have said. Where have I said we are playing bad football exactly? You seem to be barking up the wrong tree (quell surprise) again with that one

We are playing fantastic football now we are mixing it…. as I called for when certain individuals were crying about such a suggestion.

Thankfully some of us know what we are talking about. You are welcome.

<< Why do you keep going on about us playing good football as if you think you are making some sort of point against something I have said. Where have I said we are playing bad football exactly? You seem to be barking up the wrong tree (quell surprise) again with that one >>

That's just your ego, thinking everything is about you Doc.

As I said, try again Saturday.
Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:02 - Nov 3 with 890 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56169/russell’s-brand-

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 10:03 - Nov 3 with 885 viewsCatullus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 08:04 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

They may be good questions to some, if they don’t know the answer.

…but the answer is easy.

If it’s 25 yards in length and over, it’s a long ball.

Simple.

So a pass less than half the width of the pitch is a long ball? I don't think so. I think proper long balls are over 50 yards, more than half the length of the pitch.

I'd call less than 20 yards a short pass, 20-50 a medium range pass.

I'll stick with a pass being completely different to a hopeful punt up the pitch for a forward to chase, that is hoofball.
A decent pass is always a decent pass, no matter how far it goes. A pass into space your player definitely should get to, or to their feet, is good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 10:08 - Nov 3 with 870 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 10:03 - Nov 3 by Catullus

So a pass less than half the width of the pitch is a long ball? I don't think so. I think proper long balls are over 50 yards, more than half the length of the pitch.

I'd call less than 20 yards a short pass, 20-50 a medium range pass.

I'll stick with a pass being completely different to a hopeful punt up the pitch for a forward to chase, that is hoofball.
A decent pass is always a decent pass, no matter how far it goes. A pass into space your player definitely should get to, or to their feet, is good.

25 yards or longer is a long ball yes.

I don’t think anyone would ever call a 50 yard pass a medium length pass

Who is saying hoof ball? Long ball is what is being said, not hoofball. There may well be some hoofs among those long balls of course, but they aren’t defined by “hoofing”.

Who is saying long balls aren’t decent?

The issue is people who have given long balls a stigma are believing their own misunderstanding of the term.

When we first started our passing long was 4%, now it’s regularly treble that. That’s just a statistical fact. Nobody is saying they are “aimless punts”, what is being said is that they are long balls. Something many of us were saying needed to be introduced very early on.

We are seeing the benefits of why that was being suggested.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:21 - Nov 3 with 860 viewsBadlands

Didn't expect that result.
Really entertaining.
What has truly hacked me off this morning is reading the utter sh8 posted by some the we only win when Martin plays Cooperball.
If, after a win against really good opposition, away, with evens share of possession, amazing passing stats, 4 wins from 5, 4 on the bounce at home some saddos can only spend their time having go at Martin's football philosophy there needs to be some serious soul searching. (Or maybe searching out and joining the Souls Crew.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:24 - Nov 3 with 851 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:21 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Really entertaining.
What has truly hacked me off this morning is reading the utter sh8 posted by some the we only win when Martin plays Cooperball.
If, after a win against really good opposition, away, with evens share of possession, amazing passing stats, 4 wins from 5, 4 on the bounce at home some saddos can only spend their time having go at Martin's football philosophy there needs to be some serious soul searching. (Or maybe searching out and joining the Souls Crew.)

Where have you read that?

No need to get “hacked off” about an imaginary statement nobody has made.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:56 - Nov 3 with 807 viewsonehunglow

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:21 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Really entertaining.

I am still wondering why Cooper is still being mentioned in dispatches here.
He was responsible for losing us 2 play off games.
THAT is his legacy ,for me.

Martin i where it's at now. His start was something I hated .Now it's fine.

That is it ,folk .That simple.

If you want a ruck,plenty of choice out there.Start with a neighbour.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 11:00 - Nov 3 with 792 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 10:00 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

<< Why do you keep going on about us playing good football as if you think you are making some sort of point against something I have said. Where have I said we are playing bad football exactly? You seem to be barking up the wrong tree (quell surprise) again with that one >>

That's just your ego, thinking everything is about you Doc.

As I said, try again Saturday.

Glad you realised you didn’t have a point to make.

You are learning.

Remember to find that other angle. It’s desperately needed

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:01 - Nov 3 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 10:56 - Nov 3 by onehunglow

I am still wondering why Cooper is still being mentioned in dispatches here.
He was responsible for losing us 2 play off games.
THAT is his legacy ,for me.

Martin i where it's at now. His start was something I hated .Now it's fine.

That is it ,folk .That simple.

If you want a ruck,plenty of choice out there.Start with a neighbour.

It’s the imaginary comments that people are seeing is what is fascinating me.

It’s like another dimension at the moment.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:03 - Nov 3 with 780 viewsonehunglow

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:01 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s the imaginary comments that people are seeing is what is fascinating me.

It’s like another dimension at the moment.

I can see clearly now

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 11:46 - Nov 3 with 725 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 07:35 - Nov 3 by Dr_Parnassus

If the pass was 25 yards or longer then yes.

Passes to the keeper or around the back don’t tend to be anywhere near 25 yards though, that’s quarter of the length of the field.

I'm not so sure, we pass back a lot from near halfway - we switch play a lot which I would imagine was over 25 yards

In my head thats not a long ball but by the stats they are
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 11:48]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:57 - Nov 3 with 705 viewsOptimisticJack

Really entertaining.

Good post.
I'm with you all the way on what you say.
Threads are being hijacked by the same culprits continually and it has got so tiresome and boring.
This season is a breath of fresh air and we are being entertained once again with great football that we have been used to so much over the years.
Russell Martin and his staff have done a remarkable job in such a short space of time.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 12:00]

Optimisticjack

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 698 viewsvetchonian

Really entertaining.

I cant believe it..we get a win away from home to a top six side who until last night were unbeaten at home and the board goes into meltdown....not because we won but because some decide to carry on with a campaign.

I admit was one who criticised Martin at the start of the season...the way we were playing was not yielding results the focus on short passing and keeping possesion rather than looking ofr attacking openings was killing us. Many loved this as it was us going back to "the Swansea Way" yet as was discussed by many...Roberto was not possesion forcused his matra was get the ball down get it forwards and if you socre 3 we'll score 4, SOusa was more conserative and Brendan applied a mix....the possesion and passing "Swansea Way" myth was generated after THAT Fulham goal.

IN fairness it seems that MArtin has tweaked his approach we are getting results we have now won 4 out of our last 5 games, we have played 5 of the current top 6 sides won 3 drawn 1 and lost 1...we are also watching some good football...

No one is having a go at MArtin's football philosphy here ...what has been discussed is how we have moved from an insistence to always play short passes to mixing it....Daps opened the discussion about how we played more long balls second half then the whole thing erupted .

I defended Cooper last season.....rememebr when even when we were winnin gposters came on here and moaned and criticised...they were and still are posters on this board and on PS who refer to our previous manager...and also do so using derogatory remarks..which shows their "dislike" of him due to his roots rather than the style and quality of the football he delivered....at the end of the day each individual is entitled to an opinion as I say at the gane you can find a different view of what we have watched from differednt people all sitting within seats of each other...even on here daps and Risca differed in their view of how we handled the ball in th esecond half...Daps believing we played more long balls and Risca belieiving we passed it out more... so that shows how we all see things differently even though we are watching the same thing!

NOne of us who criticesd Martin are saying that we only win when we play Cooperball...what ever that was but he is history and we are now playing well and winning once more. Just beacuse we play long bals its not hoofball, we are often playing thorugh balls along the floor for Piroe to get onto, people really need to get over their Cooperitits as it has been described.

Yes I like others some of whom no longer post I have noticed such as Lisa did question things at the start of the seasoin especially as there was a "euphoria" described by Lisa as akin to "The Emporers New CLothes"...
We arre now winning we have some attractive play but it seems some still want to play a sport of trolling by deliberately goading certain posters into replying ....and then building the confrontation

I got hacked off last season by some of the rubbish posted and still this season some is posted...like some of the myths and rewriting of history by your good self...but I dont contiunally hound individiuals like is happenin gon here and the other boardrd
We are all supposed to suppport the same side...there will never be at ime when every one agrees on the style of play, individual players and discussions will occur but of late there is a "divisdion" amongst the fan base whihc is beocming as vile between each other as we have for those up the road......

I have over the years sat near people who during Brendans time would scream and shout to stop just passing it espeacially when in our defensive third with shouts of "forward"....I ve heard people moaning about JAson Scotland...Wayne Routledge, opniniosn on here differ over Naughton, Grimes,so it will never be posible for everyone to agree but the way in which there is almost becoming a witch hunt to target individuals is beyond me....

We won we beat a top six side unbeaten at home this season and yet all some folks wnat to do is belittle fellow fans and socre points because they didnt particularly like or enjoy the football of our previous manager.

Most of the critics form the start of the season are actually praining MArtin but other predjuice is blinding them and biasing their view of what is actually being said...

Its time to move on and its time for all the trolling to stop and trolling os what it is .....comments like " he will be stating Coopers result was better than ours tonight" prove that...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 694 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread TUESDAY on 11:46 - Nov 3 by PatchesOHoulihan

I'm not so sure, we pass back a lot from near halfway - we switch play a lot which I would imagine was over 25 yards

In my head thats not a long ball but by the stats they are
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 11:48]

I’d say that’s certainly a long ball. Not sure why it wouldn’t be. Long balls are often done to relieve pressure, that includes turning back and going to the keeper. However it’s safe to say the vast majority won’t be.

However this has not changed, long balls are recorded the same way every game. It has moved from 4% to triple that. We are absolutely far more mixed and varied in our passes now, without question.

Not sure what people are arguing about really.

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 12:02 - Nov 3 with 689 viewsDr_Parnassus

Coventry City v Swansea City 2021/22 : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 11:57 - Nov 3 by OptimisticJack

Good post.
I'm with you all the way on what you say.
Threads are being hijacked by the same culprits continually and it has got so tiresome and boring.
This season is a breath of fresh air and we are being entertained once again with great football that we have been used to so much over the years.
Russell Martin and his staff have done a remarkable job in such a short space of time.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 12:00]

How is it a good post when it’s based on fantasy?

Unless of course you will show where people have said Martin only wins when he plays Cooperball… you are welcome to help him out.

I think you probably mean “I’m going to join you in moaning about people, even though I’m not sure what we are moaning about”.

Everyone needs a hobby I guess. Strange one though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024