Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! 08:35 - Oct 31 with 8864 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56144/russell-martin-‘

Haynesy’s hairdryer click above
Subscribe to us on Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:36 - Oct 31 with 626 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:30 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

No, he wasn’t sacked - if that happened they would have had to pay up the rest of his contract in full.
Of course he didn’t fancy it - if he’d been up for it he’d have taken charge of pre season training . He chickened out - was likely in breach of contract so he and the club came up with a compromise- they kept paying his wages but if a club offered him a job they would have to pay compo - as Forest did. He was not sacked, it was a mutual decision designed to dignify both parties. The club did well in my opinion.

Well if he hasn't joined forest, his contract would have been paid up in full. He did take pre-season though? If he was in breach of contract why did the club continue paying him?

To continue paying a manager in the hope another job comes along just doesn't ring true sorry.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:40 - Oct 31 with 609 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper thought his stock in the game was higher than it actually was. He had one eye on his next job when he was still supposed to be concentrating on this one, a job which never materialised as "more attractive" clubs with vacancies chose to appoint anyone but him.

He was left hanging around somewhere that would have been quite happy to see the back of him anyway, but preferred receiving compensation to the expense of a payout. In the end he was basically put on gardening leave pending someone being desperate enough to take him off our hands.

Well played by us overall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:43 - Oct 31 with 614 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:40 - Oct 31 by Dr_Winston

Cooper thought his stock in the game was higher than it actually was. He had one eye on his next job when he was still supposed to be concentrating on this one, a job which never materialised as "more attractive" clubs with vacancies chose to appoint anyone but him.

He was left hanging around somewhere that would have been quite happy to see the back of him anyway, but preferred receiving compensation to the expense of a payout. In the end he was basically put on gardening leave pending someone being desperate enough to take him off our hands.

Well played by us overall.

But of course you don't actually have any evidence for this do you?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:46 - Oct 31 with 612 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:33 - Oct 31 by Chief

What are basing any of your second paragraph on though? I can only miss a point if there's one being made backed up by evidence, which I don't think there is. Just your opinion of how events occurred which isn't backed up by any evidence.

How do you know Cooper didn't fancy it, but didn't want to quit?

So you don't believe me?

You don't need evidence to make a point, it's up to the person listening to take it on or not or in this instance, believe it or not.

I don't want to see a post closed like DrP done with one yesterday, you don't believe me and i accept that... Take the olive branch and agree to disagree.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:49 - Oct 31 with 600 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:46 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

So you don't believe me?

You don't need evidence to make a point, it's up to the person listening to take it on or not or in this instance, believe it or not.

I don't want to see a post closed like DrP done with one yesterday, you don't believe me and i accept that... Take the olive branch and agree to disagree.

Why would I believe you, you're a stranger on a forum. Present some evidence and then I'll believe you.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:52 - Oct 31 with 594 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:49 - Oct 31 by Chief

Why would I believe you, you're a stranger on a forum. Present some evidence and then I'll believe you.

So you don't believe me. Should have just said it from the start, would have accepted that without issue, no need to say i am wrong without any proof yourself.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:52 - Oct 31 with 592 viewsItchySphincter

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:27 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Oooh you will have to get some direct quotes for me there squire, that sounds like you have yet again read what you wanted rather than what was actually written… hence why you have said “paraphrased” - in other words, never said.

I (correctly) said that we needed to be more pragmatic in defence when faced with the press. Which we are now, as our third goal against Cardiff showed with Flynn Downes hoof down the right flank. At no point did I mention Cooper.

That’s your sensitivity to Cooper that assumed that it was connected. I just had this very conversation with Resolven.

I did say a new manager shouldn’t need the amount of time being suggested (4 transfer windows) and maintain that. Has anything shown that to be incorrect then? If so, what?

I did say Cooper was a fantastically successful manager and continues to be of course. Has something shown this to be incorrect? If so, what?

Doubling down on all of the above only shows me to be doubly correct, unless of course you can show me to be wrong on any points you raised. Which you can’t.

You don’t have to try to be a forum star, you just either have it or you don’t. Considering your obsession with my posts, something tells me I have it, kid.

Lol.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:55 - Oct 31 with 588 viewsGwyn737

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:43 - Oct 31 by Chief

But of course you don't actually have any evidence for this do you?

Well, he didn’t get one of the more attractive jobs?
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:56 - Oct 31 with 587 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:52 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

So you don't believe me. Should have just said it from the start, would have accepted that without issue, no need to say i am wrong without any proof yourself.

Well it was only polite to let you back up your viewpoint with evidence, but you don't seem to have any.

Not saying you're wrong for definite, but the facts in the public domain do not back up your viewpoint.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:59 - Oct 31 with 582 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:55 - Oct 31 by Gwyn737

Well, he didn’t get one of the more attractive jobs?

That's not the bit that's in dispute. The bit that people are assuming is that Cooper 'gave up', 'walked out' etc etc Which doesn't ring true with him still getting paid does it?

People are just making that bit up.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:10 - Oct 31 with 561 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 16:17 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

To go to a club that has had 19 managers in 10 years is not a risk?

It’s the riskiest job in the league, bar none.

Risk to his reputation, but I think you're smart enough to understand what I was alluding to.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:13 - Oct 31 with 548 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 17:36 - Oct 31 by Chief

Well if he hasn't joined forest, his contract would have been paid up in full. He did take pre-season though? If he was in breach of contract why did the club continue paying him?

To continue paying a manager in the hope another job comes along just doesn't ring true sorry.

No. He would have continued being paid by the club until someone gave him a job. He’s taken a step back in order to revive his career - his last match in charge was the play off final and the world saw his side comprehensively beaten with hardly any resistance. His stock sunk and he knew he didn’t have the ability to take the club without Ayew, Guehi etc so he tried to find his way out. The owners obviously saw as he did that it was downhill for us if he’d stayed in charge so a compromise was reached. Simple really , the club insulated themselves against being ripped off if a club came in without having to pay compo.

For chief to say the club is a “basket case” really beggars belief. If that were the case would they have invested in some fantastic players and a forward thinking young manager who have the fans enjoying their football again ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:15 - Oct 31 with 544 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:13 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

No. He would have continued being paid by the club until someone gave him a job. He’s taken a step back in order to revive his career - his last match in charge was the play off final and the world saw his side comprehensively beaten with hardly any resistance. His stock sunk and he knew he didn’t have the ability to take the club without Ayew, Guehi etc so he tried to find his way out. The owners obviously saw as he did that it was downhill for us if he’d stayed in charge so a compromise was reached. Simple really , the club insulated themselves against being ripped off if a club came in without having to pay compo.

For chief to say the club is a “basket case” really beggars belief. If that were the case would they have invested in some fantastic players and a forward thinking young manager who have the fans enjoying their football again ?

Think he meant Forest , unless I read it wrong
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:21 - Oct 31 with 532 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:13 - Oct 31 by Brynmill_Jack

But you've got no evidence that he 'tried to find his way out' do you? Besides entertaining potential offers from premier league clubs like any other manager in our history. It's fine for you to think that, but I'm just saying there's no evidence to back that up. All we know for certain is that he continued being paid after he ceased being our manager. Managers who break their contract or walk out aren't afforded that luxury. For the club to continue to pay him through choice in the hope that another club hires him to be able to receive a few hundred grand compo isn't likely. Nice story though.

The basket case club are forest. Read it again.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:30 - Oct 31 with 520 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:21 - Oct 31 by Chief

But you've got no evidence that he 'tried to find his way out' do you? Besides entertaining potential offers from premier league clubs like any other manager in our history. It's fine for you to think that, but I'm just saying there's no evidence to back that up. All we know for certain is that he continued being paid after he ceased being our manager. Managers who break their contract or walk out aren't afforded that luxury. For the club to continue to pay him through choice in the hope that another club hires him to be able to receive a few hundred grand compo isn't likely. Nice story though.

The basket case club are forest. Read it again.

So why in your opinion did the club continue to pay him?

Not asking for facts, asking your opinion only.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:34 - Oct 31 with 515 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:30 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

Cheaper option than paying him out, especially if someone comes in for him, which they did, so a good decision.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:36 - Oct 31 with 514 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:30 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

Contractual obligation. As would be normal in any non misconduct termination.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:43 - Oct 31 with 508 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:34 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Cheaper option than paying him out, especially if someone comes in for him, which they did, so a good decision.

They were paying him out. Just on the same frequency as he was receiving his wage as manager instead of receiving a few lump sums.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:44 - Oct 31 with 508 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:36 - Oct 31 by Chief

Contractual obligation. As would be normal in any non misconduct termination.

OK.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:50 - Oct 31 with 502 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How to totally hijack a thread about how well our new Manager and the Team are doing.
Just mention Cooper, history, gone nothing to do with this club.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:54 - Oct 31 with 498 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:44 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

OK.

Occurs every time a manager gets sacked. Wasn't there points in the prem when we were paying 2 or 3 managers simultaneously?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:00 - Oct 31 with 488 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:50 - Oct 31 by A_Fans_Dad

How to totally hijack a thread about how well our new Manager and the Team are doing.
Just mention Cooper, history, gone nothing to do with this club.

it so funny how so many people cant let him go......mostly those who slated him....its almost as if they have to be proven right about their opinions of him.....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:07 - Oct 31 with 483 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 18:54 - Oct 31 by Chief

Occurs every time a manager gets sacked. Wasn't there points in the prem when we were paying 2 or 3 managers simultaneously?

Couldn't tell you that one, can only tel you what I know.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 477 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:07 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

Couldn't tell you that one, can only tel you what I know.

Again this goes back to the crux.....

How do you know? Someone told you?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 19:26 - Oct 31 with 458 viewsChief

Now, for balance....

I was surprised to hear that Forest paid 'compensation' for a manager that was not managing elsewhere. However could it be that the figure they paid was actually just the payment of the remainder of Cooper's contract? Or maybe some sort of payment to escape any non-compete clause that may have been put in upon Cooper's termination? Didn't spurs have to pay something similar after Man U had sacked Mourinho?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024