Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having seen the highlights 13:02 - Nov 7 with 1773 viewsBarrySwan

Of yesterdays match I think that I'd just release the entire defence immediately on frees.

I don't think that I've ever seen a more abject display of aimless, unconcerned, lethargic wandering about.

I'm not convinced that some of them even knew that they were on a football pitch in the middle of a game as opposed to a club employee day out stroll in the countryside.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 13:28]
Having seen the highlights on 13:28 - Nov 7 with 1715 viewsonehunglow

Bennett is one for centre .
Naughton is no ch.

Be nice if we accepted the obvious

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Having seen the highlights on 15:55 - Nov 7 with 1652 viewsReslovenSwan1

Having seen the highlights on 13:28 - Nov 7 by onehunglow

Bennett is one for centre .
Naughton is no ch.

Be nice if we accepted the obvious

All three are playing out of their normal positions. Hamer 33 yrs, Bennett 31 yrs, Naghton 32 years. What about playing these guys is sustainable and development orientated?

It is effectively teaching old dog new tricks and is in my opinion wasting development time for others. If the club accepts tough lessons need t be learned like yesterday why waste these experiences on stop gap players who have already seen their best days?

Grimes did a blind reverse pass for the third goal under no pressure. That is brainless football. Martin has to instil a state of mind and calmness into his players.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 15:56]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Having seen the highlights on 16:02 - Nov 7 with 1644 viewsjackrabbit

Having seen the highlights on 15:55 - Nov 7 by ReslovenSwan1

All three are playing out of their normal positions. Hamer 33 yrs, Bennett 31 yrs, Naghton 32 years. What about playing these guys is sustainable and development orientated?

It is effectively teaching old dog new tricks and is in my opinion wasting development time for others. If the club accepts tough lessons need t be learned like yesterday why waste these experiences on stop gap players who have already seen their best days?

Grimes did a blind reverse pass for the third goal under no pressure. That is brainless football. Martin has to instil a state of mind and calmness into his players.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 15:56]

Grimes is a great back passer - it comes with practice. He has lots of practice. It’s his favourite move.
Having seen the highlights on 16:15 - Nov 7 with 1632 viewsnantywatcher

Having seen the highlights on 16:02 - Nov 7 by jackrabbit

Grimes is a great back passer - it comes with practice. He has lots of practice. It’s his favourite move.

What are you actually doing when a match is being played?
Having seen the highlights on 16:18 - Nov 7 with 1629 viewsjackrabbit

Having seen the highlights on 16:15 - Nov 7 by nantywatcher

Sitting on my arse, watching the match and minding my own business. What about you?
Having seen the highlights on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 1584 viewsKeithHaynes

There were periods during yesterday’s game that if the players had put as much passion in to the game as the fans did in the away end it wouldn’t have been 4-0.

Best I can do.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Having seen the highlights on 17:21 - Nov 7 with 1569 viewspencoedjack

The over reaction by some of our fans after a defeat is comical
Having seen the highlights on 17:23 - Nov 7 with 1560 viewsonehunglow

Having seen the highlights on 16:15 - Nov 7 by nantywatcher

When you see Grim actually pass the ball DIRECTLY to the opposition 18 yards out what do people think. This sensible?
This is inane and insane.Why give the ball away. Now Martin wants a goalkeeper to do the same apparently and there's me tinking maybe we need a shot stopper as shots win games.Passing the ball doesnt.

Login to get fewer ads

Having seen the highlights on 17:44 - Nov 7 with 1541 viewsploppy

Having seen the highlights on 17:23 - Nov 7 by onehunglow

When you see Grim actually pass the ball DIRECTLY to the opposition 18 yards out what do people think. This sensible?
This is inane and insane.Why give the ball away. Now Martin wants a goalkeeper to do the same apparently and there's me tinking maybe we need a shot stopper as shots win games.Passing the ball doesnt.

I said after the Blackburn game, all those weeks ago, that Grimes's habit of playing the ball blind to his left back while facing his own goal, would end in tears. So there.
Having seen the highlights on 17:56 - Nov 7 with 1527 viewsswan65split

Having seen the highlights on 17:23 - Nov 7 by onehunglow

It was an awful pass, unbelievable from someone even with his experience,
Having seen the highlights on 18:06 - Nov 7 with 1515 viewsYouBackJastard

So many names in this thread I saw nothing from in our winning period, strange that!

We've kept many clean sheets this year so our defensive makeup is okay. Our team is still learning and adapting and we're still putting out great defensive performances such as the Coventry second half. Give them time and patience and we as a fanbase need to stop reaching whole conclusions after games against the very best this division has to offer.
Having seen the highlights on 18:07 - Nov 7 with 1510 viewsonehunglow

Having seen the highlights on 17:44 - Nov 7 by ploppy

I said after the Blackburn game, all those weeks ago, that Grimes's habit of playing the ball blind to his left back while facing his own goal, would end in tears. So there.

Most independent minded fans see it.Forget the drivel you read on here. Many are worried.

Looking at the love fest with him and Grimes it's no wonder.

I pray Grime goes asap.

He's the root cause of what is wrong. Downes is the guy to take us forward.

heresy I know but all opinions are welcomed arent they.

Aren't they?

Having seen the highlights on 18:18 - Nov 7 with 1502 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

We’ve got more clean sheets than pretty much anyone in this league which obviously is a positive but our goals against column is still pretty poor. In those games we do concede we are regularly conceding 3+ which is worrying. I think playing this way it is vitally important we get that first goal otherwise we have to push people forward chase the game and take more risks and that is when we get absolutely dicked at the back.
Having seen the highlights on 18:27 - Nov 7 with 1491 viewsYouBackJastard

Having seen the highlights on 18:18 - Nov 7 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

We’ve got more clean sheets than pretty much anyone in this league which obviously is a positive but our goals against column is still pretty poor. In those games we do concede we are regularly conceding 3+ which is worrying. I think playing this way it is vitally important we get that first goal otherwise we have to push people forward chase the game and take more risks and that is when we get absolutely dicked at the back.

Agreed, think West Brom and Luton showed that we can come back after a poor start but we usually take a long period to hold the ball and recover and prevent the opposition from breaking (it took until the 61st and 63rd minute in those two respective games to score a goal). If we could shorten that recovery period by at least half, we could fit way more attacks over the 90
Having seen the highlights on 18:37 - Nov 7 with 1485 viewslifelong

Having seen the highlights on 18:07 - Nov 7 by onehunglow

Most independent minded fans see it.Forget the drivel you read on here. Many are worried.

I pray Grime goes asap.

Aren't they?

Says the head drivel poster.
Having seen the highlights on 19:09 - Nov 7 with 1452 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Having seen the highlights on 18:27 - Nov 7 by YouBackJastard

Agreed, think West Brom and Luton showed that we can come back after a poor start but we usually take a long period to hold the ball and recover and prevent the opposition from breaking (it took until the 61st and 63rd minute in those two respective games to score a goal). If we could shorten that recovery period by at least half, we could fit way more attacks over the 90

To play this way we need a massive amount of composure. Bournemouth dragged us into getting worked up and angry with their constant little niggly fouls, swinging elbows, boots left in late etc. We completely lost our composure when all those squabbles broke out. That turned the match for me. We were well on top until we started getting wound up. We definitely should have had a penalty, their first goal was offside. You could see the frustration coming to the surface and it affected our game massively. We need to react better to these things.
Having seen the highlights on 19:44 - Nov 7 with 1426 viewsploppy

Having seen the highlights on 18:07 - Nov 7 by onehunglow

I pray Grime goes asap.

Aren't they?

Grimes is pretty much the only thing I agree with you about. And even that worries me slightly.
Having seen the highlights on 21:29 - Nov 7 with 1370 viewsdobjack2

Having seen the highlights on 19:09 - Nov 7 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

To play this way we need a massive amount of composure. Bournemouth dragged us into getting worked up and angry with their constant little niggly fouls, swinging elbows, boots left in late etc. We completely lost our composure when all those squabbles broke out. That turned the match for me. We were well on top until we started getting wound up. We definitely should have had a penalty, their first goal was offside. You could see the frustration coming to the surface and it affected our game massively. We need to react better to these things.

Needed a calm head on the pitch in the first half to stop us getting dragged into the nonsense. Have to learn from the game.
Having seen the highlights on 09:26 - Nov 8 with 1277 viewsDr_Winston

Having seen the highlights on 19:44 - Nov 7 by ploppy

Grimes is pretty much the only thing I agree with you about. And even that worries me slightly.

That's about five different root causes of our problems that he's identified now.

I'm not Grimes' biggest fan, but he's not our main problem. Not defensively at any rate.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Having seen the highlights on 10:03 - Nov 8 with 1255 viewsonehunglow

Having seen the highlights on 19:44 - Nov 7 by ploppy

That s ok.
Be comforted you are more perceptive than most.
Freeing ourself from this horrendously overrated player will benefit us..
His replacement is right there in Downes ,disgracefully being subbed every time.

Downes is the future . Martin could see him want another club. Other clubs aren’t as dull as ours and can spot a player being messed about and then they strike .

Grimes was found out by Fulham and for that reason he is still with us .

The love in with him and Martin ain’t good to behold

Having seen the highlights on 10:24 - Nov 8 with 1245 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Having seen the highlights on 10:03 - Nov 8 by onehunglow

That s ok.
His replacement is right there in Downes ,disgracefully being subbed every time.

Downes is the future . Martin could see him want another club. Other clubs aren’t as dull as ours and can spot a player being messed about and then they strike .

Downes is clearly struggling for 100% fitness. They are obviously managing this. Same as Ntcham. I’ve got the feeling Cabango is in the same boat. Him and downes had a nasty load of Covid at the same time.
Having seen the highlights on 19:22 - Nov 8 with 1136 viewsYouBackJastard

Having seen the highlights on 10:03 - Nov 8 by onehunglow

That s ok.

Downes has been involved in basically every game apart from ones he missed due to injury / illness, how is that being 'messed about'?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024