Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh National Anthem 19:15 - Feb 13 with 18149 viewsbuilthjack

Is being sung loud and proud at Swans games these days.
Beautiful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 00:10 - Feb 17 with 909 viewsraynor94

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:58 - Feb 16 by Catullus

You've stopped telling people to go live in England then?

That looks less like a call for indy and more like a call for a modern, federal UK, like I have been doing.

If you stop harking back to days of Empire, to colonialist ideas that belong in the past and using them as tools to beat the English with, how do we move forward?

Stop throwing blame and hate around, if you want a better future then work towards it.

Work! That's a swear word to kilks

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Welsh National Anthem on 08:17 - Feb 17 with 855 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:56 - Feb 16 by Kilkennyjack

Of course, nobody is more welsh than anyone else.

But the devolution of power to the nations is essential if you want a modern UK.
The English dominated centralised Westmonster power model is dead.
Johnson is the death throes of empire.

The celtic nations need to be treated fairly on the UK is finished.
Breaking the Good Friday Agreement, and preventing a second Indy ref is not a good look.

Why do you keep posting in language you hate so much . Rather ironic.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh National Anthem on 08:21 - Feb 17 with 852 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 00:00 - Feb 17 by Kilkennyjack

Show me an example.

Listen, yes I would give a devo max arrangement a chance with policing, criminal justice, crown estate, energy airport taxes, water, rail, etc all devolved. Devolution made permanent.
The new Rohan and Laura commission will suggest as much.

But thats just not going to happen.

Johnson calls devolution a mistake.
His minister wants the union flag flown above the dragon flag in wales.
Books on the Queen for our welsh kids, with welsh govt bypassed.
M4 funding games, with welsh govt bypassed.
Levelling up, with welsh govt bypassed.
(Scotlands govt referred to repeatedly and deliberately as the Scottish administration).
Brexit, with welsh govt bypassed.
Pro union output percentages mandated for our tv channels.
Pandemic funding only released based on English need.
EU monies to Wales not replaced.

So then you come to the obvious conclusion that only Annibyniaeth can work for Wales.

The rest speaks for itself.

Not sure everyone in Wales agrees with you devolution has been a great success for Wales under labour.
Maybe time for another referendum.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Welsh National Anthem on 08:52 - Feb 17 with 842 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 08:21 - Feb 17 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure everyone in Wales agrees with you devolution has been a great success for Wales under labour.

But you wouldn't want another referendum on brexit?

Can't have it both ways can you?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Welsh National Anthem on 08:54 - Feb 17 with 841 viewsVincent_Vega

Haven't you heard?! When it comes to devolution in the UK once power is relinquished from the grips of the evil undemocratic empire it cannot be returned. That's democracy see.

However if there was a hint of another brexit referendum in the pipeline he'd have it tomorrow. That's democracy see.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:00 - Feb 17 with 819 viewsCatullus

The Welsh National Anthem on 08:52 - Feb 17 by Chief

But you wouldn't want another referendum on brexit?

Can't have it both ways can you?

I tell you what, if we ever get another referendum on devolution then I'll join in the calls for another EU referendum but only once the same number of years has passed.

Currently we have had over 20 years of devo so you've got a bit of a wait, at least 14 years and it's adding up as time progresses.

its funny really that remainers insisted on another vote on brexit almost immediately but after 20 years and counting we can't question devolution. Double standards much?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 805 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:24 - Feb 16 by Dewi1jack

Does it matter?

I don't speak Welsh, but am proud to sing the Welsh National Anthem.

Personally, I won't boo GSTQ, as it is the British national anthem.*
But oversinging it with the Welsh anthem is excellent.
Sure we used to do that down the Vetch as well.
Thought it sounded pretty good down at the front in the choir section. Impressive as f**k in fact

(Awaits the abuse for being a proud Veteran of British Welsh denomination off the Yes Cymru idiots we have )

It does but only to a minority as most are concerned only with how to get through this life and raise a family.

I could speak basic Welsh and now I can speak one foreign language reasonably and get by with 2 others but so what?

It is all about you as a human being whether or not you have been brought up speaking Welsh,Urdu or Estonian

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:38 - Feb 17 with 802 viewsunion_jack

Show me an example.

Listen, yes I would give a devo max arrangement a chance with policing, criminal justice, crown estate, energy airport taxes, water, rail, etc all devolved. Devolution made permanent.

(Scotlands govt referred to repeatedly and deliberately as the Scottish administration).

So then you come to the obvious conclusion that only Annibyniaeth can work for Wales.

Johnson clearly has got some things right then!

What I would say is that he’s going about it the wrong way.

Maybe it’s time to finish the job and push the indigenous Welsh all the way to Anglesey.

Only joking.

Or am I?😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:42 - Feb 17 with 792 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:38 - Feb 17 by union_jack

Johnson clearly has got some things right then!

What I would say is that he’s going about it the wrong way.

Maybe it’s time to finish the job and push the indigenous Welsh all the way to Anglesey.

Only joking.

Or am I?😁

Much indignation over thee kents moving into Anglesey and polluting the welsh culture,which is often back stabbing and nepotism.
Plenty of locals have been employed by the renovations of previously derelict houses in the middle of nowhere.

The hypocrisy is Wales upsets me more than anything

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:45 - Feb 17 with 797 viewsBoundy

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:42 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

Much indignation over thee kents moving into Anglesey and polluting the welsh culture,which is often back stabbing and nepotism.
Plenty of locals have been employed by the renovations of previously derelict houses in the middle of nowhere.

The hypocrisy is Wales upsets me more than anything

Even more than Russell ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:49 - Feb 17 with 787 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:45 - Feb 17 by Boundy

Even more than Russell ?

Indeed
Russ is merely passing through and has no part in Welsh life no matter what he might say.

He will be long gone when we are still arguing amongst ourselves and seeing our leaders stabbing themselves in the back.

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:18 - Feb 17 with 743 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am patriot and love Wales My Welsh is a bit iffy but I can get by more or less. Not a big Flag waver or anthem singer and not a huge fan of choirs and clog dancing.

I put this down to spending too long living among the Sass people. Your average English young person hates folk music and Saxon dancing and much prefers Americana and black Americana . Folk dancing is associated with maypole dancing which is seen as comedic. The Sass are unique in this case.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:35 - Feb 17 with 737 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:18 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

I am patriot and love Wales My Welsh is a bit iffy but I can get by more or less. Not a big Flag waver or anthem singer and not a huge fan of choirs and clog dancing.

I put this down to spending too long living among the Sass people. Your average English young person hates folk music and Saxon dancing and much prefers Americana and black Americana . Folk dancing is associated with maypole dancing which is seen as comedic. The Sass are unique in this case.

You say that but the Cambridge Folk Festival is huge.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:40 - Feb 17 with 725 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:18 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Fine line between patriotism and disaster.
Mussolini was a patriot too as was Adolf.

All about pure blood and who is more pure as a citizen.

We are British. It says so on our passports .

The lingua Franca of this island is English.

Plenty speak foreign tongues here and welsh is foreign in the eyes of many British

Fact

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:48 - Feb 17 with 727 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:35 - Feb 17 by Lohengrin

You say that but the Cambridge Folk Festival is huge.

1% of 60 miilion is huge.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:52 - Feb 17 with 725 viewsBoundy

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:48 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:59 - Feb 17 with 722 viewsDewi1jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:56 - Feb 16 by Kilkennyjack

Of course, nobody is more welsh than anyone else.

But the devolution of power to the nations is essential if you want a modern UK.
The English dominated centralised Westmonster power model is dead.
Johnson is the death throes of empire.

The celtic nations need to be treated fairly on the UK is finished.
Breaking the Good Friday Agreement, and preventing a second Indy ref is not a good look.

Will you f**koff with the good Friday agreement

Provos and the Candles had no intention of ever even trying to honour that agreement.
Haven't even bothered trying to hide the fact of their contempt for it.
Yet blame the prods for it's failure- Prods who had not much intention of honouring it either.

Fuken thing was a joke when it was written

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:08 - Feb 17 with 714 viewsDewi1jack

Been pushing for another referendum ever since the very first one got ignored.
We were then in a position of having maybe 100,000 referendums until the yes to a Welsh government managed a win.

They were like "it's our ball and we're going home until we're on the winning side" school kids.

Vote Leave
Then these Yes Cymru knobs will have to get work to fund another campaign for a referendum

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 702 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:48 - Feb 17 by ReslovenSwan1

A lot of that Americana you mentioned is derived from British folk music. That would explain the popularity, it comes back to these islands like an echo.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:52 - Feb 17 with 686 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:08 - Feb 17 by Dewi1jack

We were then in a position of having maybe 100,000 referendums until the yes to a Welsh government managed a win.

They were like "it's our ball and we're going home until we're on the winning side" school kids.

Vote Leave
Then these Yes Cymru knobs will have to get work to fund another campaign for a referendum

Warra minge …. 👍

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:55 - Feb 17 with 684 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:59 - Feb 17 by Dewi1jack

Will you f**koff with the good Friday agreement

Provos and the Candles had no intention of ever even trying to honour that agreement.
Haven't even bothered trying to hide the fact of their contempt for it.
Yet blame the prods for it's failure- Prods who had not much intention of honouring it either.

Fuken thing was a joke when it was written

Saved a lot of lives.

Thats something good to celebrate in this world. Right ?

Unless you are a fecking divot, of course.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:18 - Feb 17 with 664 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:08 - Feb 17 by Dewi1jack

Vote Leave

I’m unsure why anyone even bothers responding to the kid.
The Welsh National Anthem on 21:24 - Feb 17 with 653 viewsCatullus

Show me an example.

Oh Kilky, I'm not Dr P, i won't be copying, putting big red circles and posting that but everyone has seen your posts.

You and a minority of other Welsh people have come to a conclusion but for the majority of us its far from an obvious choice.

The Senedd was happy to take EU money that came with preconditions but wouldn't take Westminster's money, not even for something pretty much everybody this side of Coryton knows we need.
The Senedd wasn't bypassed on brexit, it had no remit, it wasn't a devolved area.

A government is an administration. More commonky used inthe USa than here, EG, Trump's administration, but it is technically correct.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:06 - Feb 17 with 647 viewsDr_Winston

You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to think that singing a national anthem is worth doing at a club game. That's the kind of nonsense Americans go in for.

Even more so if you're doing it to prove some sort of weird point when you're a Welsh club playing in an English league.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:11 - Feb 17 with 643 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:06 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to think that singing a national anthem is worth doing at a club game. That's the kind of nonsense Americans go in for.

Even more so if you're doing it to prove some sort of weird point when you're a Welsh club playing in an English league.

Are you English?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024