Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 21:39 - Mar 13 with 17646 viewsNotLoyal

There’s no PH in Steven and there’s no ER in public, but don’t let that bother you, because he probably can’t play anyway. Shall we have a disco instead on the ashes of twitter, go insta or tocky tick. Everybody knows me 😂 Fat ladies singing too. Really, go and have a look.

Bonny Langford takes charge of Wednesday nights game

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57290/peterborough-unite

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57296/peterborough-unite
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57305/ogbeta-and-joseph-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57314

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57316/plenty-of-swansea-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:02 - Mar 17 with 982 viewsmagicdaps10

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 00:08 - Mar 17 by demonk

Just out curiosity why should we be in top 10.
Are stoke,cardiff bristol city and west Brom supposedly bigger clubs than us.
We lucky to be mid table with turn around player from last season. It's just maybe we were fortunate to get to play offs last 2 season. With turnover of players every season there no stability so the odd season we will struggle. Just my point of view but some fans might feel entitled to be top half after the last few yrs

Entitlement or not understanding the whole situation is the answer.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:14 - Mar 17 with 889 viewsonehunglow

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:57 - Mar 16 by sw02sea

You have to process in the fact, that we have played the worst team in the league, bottom of all the 24 teams competing, who haven’t won a game in the last 14.
Who in the second half, decided to press up on us, and made us look like the frail team that we basically are.
If it wasn’t for Obafemi and Piroe, we probably would have lost.
I can’t believe that every game is like watching Groundhog Day every week.
Same pedestrian lack of purpose, walking football, that doesn’t go anywhere, irrespective of a few more shots tonight, against a piss poor side.
I honestly don’t give a fig what the happy clappers say tonight after a famous victory against The mighty Posh,
This guy is sucking the life blood out of us, and has to go.
I

2 goals gifted in schoolboy fashion to the wort team in the league.
We score 3 because their defence is actually worse.

Nobody outside our fan base enjoyed that. We are boring to watch in the extreme. Good players ruined by a bad coach. When the players actually take it on themselves they score. Piroe is absolutely outstanding given the team/coach and tactics he plays under. Make no mistake ,clubs will be watching him closely as we finish the table mid table

Why should we be top ten I read?

Why should we accept this mediocrity.

Truly, we have all been mullered and have as fans the mentality of a League 2 side expecting nothing of any substance at all.

It is appalling

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:15 - Mar 17 with 896 viewsCatullus

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 08:02 - Mar 17 by magicdaps10

Entitlement or not understanding the whole situation is the answer.

There are bigger clubs than us in this division, Derby for example. There are smaller clubs than us too, Bournemouth anyone? There are richer and poorer clubs...Stoke and Luton?

We should be exactly where we are based on results. Results are what matters. We got to the EPL based on clever acquisitions not on spending more than anyone else. We ot relegated from there despite spending large amounts on Ayew and Bony.

Being clever is what we need to focus on. Having any expectations based on us having been in the EPL a few years back isn't reasonable. We don't have the income OR a nice, rich owner.

I do think, with this squad, we should be higher up the table. I do think our manager could be doing better with the squad he has and its his selections and tactics that are costing us results.

Some think we should definitely be top 10, others think we should be higher again. Me, I want to enjoy the football though admittedly winning is more fun. My problem is the football, even when we've won, is often slow and ponderous, negative and boring.

Last nights game was more fun because Peterborough had a go at us, we were rubbish at times and thank god for Piroe but I expect to a neutral, the game was Ok to watch. Play like that week in, week out though and wont be in the top 10 for a while.

Martin has to learn, has to adapt. We may not get the players he needs so he needs to manage the squad he has to the best of its abilities which is something he is not doing. I was critical of Cooper, as critical as anyone but he would be doing much better with this squad than Martin is, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:26 - Mar 17 with 880 viewslifelong

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:14 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

2 goals gifted in schoolboy fashion to the wort team in the league.
We score 3 because their defence is actually worse.

Nobody outside our fan base enjoyed that. We are boring to watch in the extreme. Good players ruined by a bad coach. When the players actually take it on themselves they score. Piroe is absolutely outstanding given the team/coach and tactics he plays under. Make no mistake ,clubs will be watching him closely as we finish the table mid table

Why should we be top ten I read?

Why should we accept this mediocrity.

Truly, we have all been mullered and have as fans the mentality of a League 2 side expecting nothing of any substance at all.

It is appalling

You are getting beyond depressing.

The sun is shining here in beautiful South Wales, we are still waking the Earth, try and be positive for once, or is that asking too much?
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:29 - Mar 17 with 876 viewsonehunglow

Morning Rog.
Where to go on this gorgeous north west day.

Great Orme is shimmering away in the distance here. I feel the hiraeth and the calling.

I'm over last night now as we have visitors here for 3 days (not Swans fans) and on a yellow card from wife for bad language when watching our games.

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Mar 17 with 878 viewsguthrieintherain

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 16 by magicdaps10

Jesus! You are like a nuns knickers for godsake.

Says a lot about s supposed Swans fan constant non stop bashing game in game out.
Never even commented on our goals including an injury time winner

How do you remove One Hour Glow from a matchday thread score an injury time winner

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:38 - Mar 17 with 870 viewsguthrieintherain

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:29 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Morning Rog.
Where to go on this gorgeous north west day.

Great Orme is shimmering away in the distance here. I feel the hiraeth and the calling.

I'm over last night now as we have visitors here for 3 days (not Swans fans) and on a yellow card from wife for bad language when watching our games.

Yes I am over it as well gutted with the late winner at the time though.

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:38 - Mar 17 with 862 viewsonehunglow

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Mar 17 by guthrieintherain

Says a lot about s supposed Swans fan constant non stop bashing game in game out.

How do you remove One Hour Glow from a matchday thread score an injury time winner

Morning Champ.
If you like,you could send me a DM calling me a xxxxx then I could reply in kind.

Then ,this site could deal with topics as opposed to individual verbal spats.

You had a particularly long kick didn't ya and took no prisoners in your Box.

Enjoy the day

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:47 - Mar 17 with 855 viewsswan65split

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:15 - Mar 17 by Catullus

There are bigger clubs than us in this division, Derby for example. There are smaller clubs than us too, Bournemouth anyone? There are richer and poorer clubs...Stoke and Luton?

We should be exactly where we are based on results. Results are what matters. We got to the EPL based on clever acquisitions not on spending more than anyone else. We ot relegated from there despite spending large amounts on Ayew and Bony.

Being clever is what we need to focus on. Having any expectations based on us having been in the EPL a few years back isn't reasonable. We don't have the income OR a nice, rich owner.

I do think, with this squad, we should be higher up the table. I do think our manager could be doing better with the squad he has and its his selections and tactics that are costing us results.

Some think we should definitely be top 10, others think we should be higher again. Me, I want to enjoy the football though admittedly winning is more fun. My problem is the football, even when we've won, is often slow and ponderous, negative and boring.

Last nights game was more fun because Peterborough had a go at us, we were rubbish at times and thank god for Piroe but I expect to a neutral, the game was Ok to watch. Play like that week in, week out though and wont be in the top 10 for a while.

Martin has to learn, has to adapt. We may not get the players he needs so he needs to manage the squad he has to the best of its abilities which is something he is not doing. I was critical of Cooper, as critical as anyone but he would be doing much better with this squad than Martin is, in my opinion.

Deffo a lack of urgency, and last night more signs of panic, probably down to lack of confidence.

We can be anywhere in the league, but if its the Prem is the aim, we aint good enough yet, and even Fulham now showing signs of not being good enough.

swings and roundabouts are what's needed.
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:49 - Mar 17 with 846 viewsonehunglow

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 09:47 - Mar 17 by swan65split

Deffo a lack of urgency, and last night more signs of panic, probably down to lack of confidence.

We can be anywhere in the league, but if its the Prem is the aim, we aint good enough yet, and even Fulham now showing signs of not being good enough.

swings and roundabouts are what's needed.

Dead right in response to an outstanding post from Cat

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:09 - Mar 17 with 828 viewslifelong

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Mar 17 by guthrieintherain

Fear not, Naughton made a mistake last night, he will keep on about it for the next 10 years, he did the same when Mark Gower hit a shot over the bar against Liverpool at Anfield.
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:01 - Mar 17 with 780 viewsDr_Winston

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:09 - Mar 17 by lifelong

Fear not, Naughton made a mistake last night, he will keep on about it for the next 10 years, he did the same when Mark Gower hit a shot over the bar against Liverpool at Anfield.

Not that much of a mistake. The clearance would/should have gone a lot further if his left foot hadn't slipped in the mud as he turned to kick the ball. More bad luck than anything else.

That he ended up in that position in the first place was more of a problem, but that's the way we're defending in general at the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:31 - Mar 17 with 712 viewsguthrieintherain

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:09 - Mar 17 by lifelong

And he lost his footing as well could have happened to anyone.

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:37 - Mar 17 with 698 viewsguthrieintherain

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:38 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Morning Champ.
If you like,you could send me a DM calling me a xxxxx then I could reply in kind.

Then ,this site could deal with topics as opposed to individual verbal spats.

You had a particularly long kick didn't ya and took no prisoners in your Box.

Enjoy the day

Thought you had me on ignore not into personal spats.
Was just pointing out the lack of balance in your posts.

When we crap it needs saying.
When we do something right that needs saying as well.

But crack on whatever floats your boat.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 12:40]

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Mar 17 with 669 viewsTreforys_Jack

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:31 - Mar 17 by guthrieintherain

And he lost his footing as well could have happened to anyone.

I was going to say his slip was a direct result of the poor playing surface, but because its Naughton some can't wait. Class player who slipped, end of.
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 659 viewsangryjack

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:01 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

Not that much of a mistake. The clearance would/should have gone a lot further if his left foot hadn't slipped in the mud as he turned to kick the ball. More bad luck than anything else.

That he ended up in that position in the first place was more of a problem, but that's the way we're defending in general at the moment.

Are you serious it was schoolboy mistake of highest order,for a start if he was under pressure could have put out for corner,or even better turned the other way and attempted to clear towards thd touchline,but to turn and try to clear into congested area is indefensible, also just before that cabango on thr touchline did exactly the same when all he had to do was get hiz body between man and ball and draw free kick..
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:04 - Mar 17 with 652 viewskrunchykarrot

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:01 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

Yes Naughton was unlucky a class player for us. Looking at positives last night i liked the way Ben drove through the middle i hope we see more of this from him in the CH position in remaining games. We must also see the youngsters getting some pitch time.

Dont see the point in playing Smith Christy Kyle Wolfe Jay Bennet etc when they wont be here next year.
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:05 - Mar 17 with 650 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Mar 17 by Treforys_Jack

I was going to say his slip was a direct result of the poor playing surface, but because its Naughton some can't wait. Class player who slipped, end of.

We would have an actual, albeit very small chance of finding some success with this nonsensical playing style if all of our defenders possessed the same level of ability as Naughton.

He's the least of my worries in this defence.

Cabango looks like he's been plucked from the Welsh Premier League most weeks. Expecting him to play like John Stones on awful pitches with little to no off the ball movement from those around him elicits great sympathy towards him from myself.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Mar 17 with 639 viewsangryjack

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:04 - Mar 17 by krunchykarrot

Yes Naughton was unlucky a class player for us. Looking at positives last night i liked the way Ben drove through the middle i hope we see more of this from him in the CH position in remaining games. We must also see the youngsters getting some pitch time.

Dont see the point in playing Smith Christy Kyle Wolfe Jay Bennet etc when they wont be here next year.

Unlucky,,unbelievable...should never ever have turned anx tried to clear,,kicking the ball anywhere clear mind you ,that way,should have either played out for corner or turned and used his left foot and cleared away from danger towards touchline,that was schoolboy defending from supposedly a experienced player..indefensible
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:23 - Mar 17 with 610 viewskrunchykarrot

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Mar 17 by angryjack

Unlucky,,unbelievable...should never ever have turned anx tried to clear,,kicking the ball anywhere clear mind you ,that way,should have either played out for corner or turned and used his left foot and cleared away from danger towards touchline,that was schoolboy defending from supposedly a experienced player..indefensible

Disagree, new where he was and was going to launch it and slipped.
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:29 - Mar 17 with 595 viewsonehunglow

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:10 - Mar 17 by angryjack

We were not put under pressure by Posh;they are too poor to do that.
We did it to ourselves,nothing to do with luck.
Here is a very experienced Pro trying to caress a ball out of a challenging position.
If we do what is basic and clear the bluddy ball then we would not be conceding these joke goals.

By all means ,play tippy tappy,but 2 yards in front of your own goal. Neither Citeh not Liverpool do this. There is time and place and Martin has yet to realise this.

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:33 - Mar 17 with 593 viewsangryjack

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:23 - Mar 17 by krunchykarrot

Disagree, new where he was and was going to launch it and slipped.

Should have turned and launched it into touch or behind for a corner,and give us time to re organise,not towards danger area,even if he never slipped and beat first man there s chance would have put us straight under pressure again,always taught from schoolboy when clearing ,clear away from danger if nothing on..
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 13:34]
Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:38 - Mar 17 with 575 viewsonehunglow

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:33 - Mar 17 by angryjack

Should have turned and launched it into touch or behind for a corner,and give us time to re organise,not towards danger area,even if he never slipped and beat first man there s chance would have put us straight under pressure again,always taught from schoolboy when clearing ,clear away from danger if nothing on..
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 13:34]

Frankly,what you have posted there is simply obvious,but what is worrying that some do not see it that way.
I do not believe much of what is posted on these forums;they are certainly no the views posters hold,merely narrative to exaggerate their fanship credentials.

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 571 viewsReslovenSwan1

From Martin's point of view 71% possession 17 shots 9 shots on target and three times what Peterborough got. Two poor defensive efforts by Smith and Naughton spoilt what was otherwise a comfortable win.

Those sort of stats are what Man city would get with a 5-0 win because of better forwards.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:49 - Mar 17 with 568 viewsSTID2017

Peterborough United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:38 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Frankly,what you have posted there is simply obvious,but what is worrying that some do not see it that way.
I do not believe much of what is posted on these forums;they are certainly no the views posters hold,merely narrative to exaggerate their fanship credentials.

What a load of nonsense.
Last night we got a deserved win against the poorest side in the division who put up a decent fight.
Naughton made a bad error and should have booted it into touch or for a corner.
However he makes so few errors compared to others that he deserves a break.
The team showed some gumption in the end to reverse a 2 - 1 deficit and kept going to the end.
It was a lose - lose game for them anyway but at least they won.
Give them some credit for once ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024