Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 38537 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 05:01 - Jul 21 with 3459 viewsstrikerace

I thought it was a great match. Spain was ready to play, but we hung tough and took over when we had too. Thats what good sides do, every match isn't always easy and every match is different. Great match winner, what a strike. We may win this thing.
Women's Euros on 08:41 - Jul 21 with 3259 viewsToast_R

Women's Euros on 18:51 - Jul 19 by DavieQPR

Daily Mail. EUFA made a profit of £1.6B from the last Men's tournament and expect the Women's tournament to lose many millions despite record crowds. The tickets that are sold start at £5.

Tried to get tickets for England matches, all sold out. Tried a couple of time for matches at Brentford too which were all sold out, Yes prices are cheaper but it will get bigger and attract more sponsorship and TV money in due course. The fundamental thing is that it's a big promo for the women's game and will attract more girls to start playing football.
Women's Euros on 09:20 - Jul 21 with 3193 viewsTheChef

Yeah Spain on the whole were the better team (and fairly cynical with it, not something I'd really seen in the women's game before) but as is often the case, forgot to score the second goal.

Come on England!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Women's Euros on 11:28 - Jul 21 with 3071 viewsrobith

Women's Euros on 18:51 - Jul 19 by DavieQPR

Daily Mail. EUFA made a profit of £1.6B from the last Men's tournament and expect the Women's tournament to lose many millions despite record crowds. The tickets that are sold start at £5.

Only 4% of UEFA's income is tickets though. 78% media rights, 17% commercial rights. Those grow with eyeballs on the game. So making a loss here, growing the audience and having a sold out spectacle brands want to be associated with is a key long term play
Women's Euros on 11:56 - Jul 21 with 3046 viewsTheChef

Women's Euros on 09:20 - Jul 21 by TheChef

Yeah Spain on the whole were the better team (and fairly cynical with it, not something I'd really seen in the women's game before) but as is often the case, forgot to score the second goal.

Come on England!

Oh I also liked the classic bit where they were moaning at the officials about the England equaliser, they volunteered the third-choice keeper to give some proper abuse and take the booking. Proper dark arts that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Women's Euros on 15:15 - Jul 21 with 2834 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 16:11 - Jul 20 by PinnerPaul

In fact I might well go with that bet - favourite to win and btts - for each quarter final.

Ah well , 1 down, 3 to go.

90' result only counts for all you non betting types!
Women's Euros on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 2830 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 23:38 - Jul 20 by joe90

You called it Pinner!

I either underestimated Spain or over estimated England…either way a good game and even better result for England!

As above, no return though as the bet is for the 90' score.
Women's Euros on 15:23 - Jul 21 with 2809 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 11:28 - Jul 21 by robith

Only 4% of UEFA's income is tickets though. 78% media rights, 17% commercial rights. Those grow with eyeballs on the game. So making a loss here, growing the audience and having a sold out spectacle brands want to be associated with is a key long term play

I suspect that's a lot more knowledge than the guy/girl who wrote the article used!

Yes of course its an absolute shock that the women's game (banned in the UK for years and years) doesn't make as much money as the men's.

Who would have thought, but that's what passes for 'news' these days.

Coming soon "WSL tiny compared to men's PL"
Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 19:31 - Jul 21 with 2706 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve got a ticket for the Deutscher Girls derby tonight. Should be interesting.
Women's Euros on 19:49 - Jul 21 with 2684 viewsDannyPaddox

Uh-oh … not even in the ground and I’ve detected a clacker.
Women's Euros on 19:54 - Jul 21 with 2670 viewsHAYESBOY

Women's Euros on 19:49 - Jul 21 by DannyPaddox

Uh-oh … not even in the ground and I’ve detected a clacker.

Make a Doctors appointment.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Women's Euros on 21:08 - Jul 21 with 2587 viewsNorrisGreen

Are you not worried that you will look a bit errrrr, "noncey", amidst thousands of kids and mum's? I can't really see how a bloke at wimmin's footy looks any better than a bloke hanging around say, the swings at the local park really.
Women's Euros on 21:22 - Jul 21 with 2559 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 21:08 - Jul 21 by NorrisGreen

Are you not worried that you will look a bit errrrr, "noncey", amidst thousands of kids and mum's? I can't really see how a bloke at wimmin's footy looks any better than a bloke hanging around say, the swings at the local park really.

There seemed to be more blokes there last night at Brighton,but would you say the same if more women came to see a men’s game?
Women's Euros on 22:07 - Jul 21 with 2505 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Women's Euros on 22:08 - Jul 21 with 2508 viewsNewBee

Er, have you ever considered that at least some (many?) of the men in attendance might be dads and/or partners of said kids and mums? (Ditto a bloke in the local park).

And that the other men might just be there because they enjoy football - odd as that may seem to you?

I might add that I've attended three games, a couple with some male mates and the other with my missus. I enjoyed all three, without feeling in the least out-of-place.

P.S. Those weren't my first womens games - I've been to a handful before this tournament.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 22:11]
Women's Euros on 22:48 - Jul 21 with 2459 viewsSimplyNico

We took some clients to it. I used to live down next Strand on the Green in the mid-90s. The area around Kew Bridge has changed out of all recognition - first time I have been back.

Whilst it might not be a popular thing to say, Brentford have got a great ground and transport set up.
Women's Euros on 23:52 - Jul 21 with 2397 viewsNewBee

Women's Euros on 22:48 - Jul 21 by SimplyNico

We took some clients to it. I used to live down next Strand on the Green in the mid-90s. The area around Kew Bridge has changed out of all recognition - first time I have been back.

Whilst it might not be a popular thing to say, Brentford have got a great ground and transport set up.

16,025 at the BCS tonight - apparently a record for a Euro's Quarter Final not involving the host nation.

While the England v Spain game was watched by a peak TV audience of 7.6m, plus another 1.5m streaming it (as well as 30k in the stadium itself)

Considering what Gazza's Tears in 1990 did for popularising the mens' game in England, this should offer the FA a great chance to expand the womens' game, esp if England should go on to win it.

Also those firms which sponsored this tournament must be getting a good return for their money..
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 23:54]
Women's Euros on 00:43 - Jul 22 with 2368 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Women's Euros on 22:08 - Jul 21 by NewBee

Er, have you ever considered that at least some (many?) of the men in attendance might be dads and/or partners of said kids and mums? (Ditto a bloke in the local park).

And that the other men might just be there because they enjoy football - odd as that may seem to you?

I might add that I've attended three games, a couple with some male mates and the other with my missus. I enjoyed all three, without feeling in the least out-of-place.

P.S. Those weren't my first womens games - I've been to a handful before this tournament.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 22:11]

Are you a ST holder at the new stadium New_Bee and if yes are you sitting in your same seats for the Euro games .
I would not pass up the chance to see an International womens game if they came to my hometown.
Germany look dangerous but cannot meet England unless they both make the final I think
Women's Euros on 01:02 - Jul 22 with 2347 viewsNewBee

Women's Euros on 00:43 - Jul 22 by CLAREMAN1995

Are you a ST holder at the new stadium New_Bee and if yes are you sitting in your same seats for the Euro games .
I would not pass up the chance to see an International womens game if they came to my hometown.
Germany look dangerous but cannot meet England unless they both make the final I think

Yes, I am a STH at the BCS, but that wasn't where I saw the 3 games.

But it seems that those Bees' STHolders who did go to games at Brentford were not able to be in their normal seats - I asssume because the tickets are actually distributed via UEFA, or the National Associations, without reference to BFC.

Also they like to seat fans of the respective teams together; that said there is no actual segregation, or any need to. Meaning that while you get groups of one teams fans mostly in one part of the ground and the other teams fans mostly in another, neither is exclusive and it's still pretty random throughout, esp when you add in the neutrals.

Meanwhile, Bees STHolders were saying that it was actually nice to view a game from a new seat/stand, especially since with the stadium being so new and games being sold out, 99% of us have only ever sat in the same seat.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 1:03]
Women's Euros on 01:03 - Jul 22 with 2354 viewsDannyPaddox

These trenchant observations of the demographics of an international women’s football match are either a wind-up or the dribble of a complete vvanker. I’m going to hedge my bets and say both.
Women's Euros on 09:36 - Jul 22 with 2210 viewsSimplyNico

Women's Euros on 23:52 - Jul 21 by NewBee

16,025 at the BCS tonight - apparently a record for a Euro's Quarter Final not involving the host nation.

While the England v Spain game was watched by a peak TV audience of 7.6m, plus another 1.5m streaming it (as well as 30k in the stadium itself)

Considering what Gazza's Tears in 1990 did for popularising the mens' game in England, this should offer the FA a great chance to expand the womens' game, esp if England should go on to win it.

Also those firms which sponsored this tournament must be getting a good return for their money..
[Post edited 21 Jul 2022 23:54]

"Also those firms which sponsored this tournament must be getting a good return for their money."

One of the guys we were with does a lot of work in the area of sponsorship. Most of the sponsorship is longstanding UEFA sponsorship contracts and applies across both the mens and womens Euros.

Nonetheless, it is good exposure.
Women's Euros on 10:41 - Jul 22 with 2128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Women's Euros on 01:03 - Jul 22 by DannyPaddox

These trenchant observations of the demographics of an international women’s football match are either a wind-up or the dribble of a complete vvanker. I’m going to hedge my bets and say both.

If Norf can be bothered or if he can he should contrast and compare the IP address
Women's Euros on 21:51 - Jul 22 with 1949 viewsDorse

Belgium must be gutted after that. That was like the Alamo for 92 mins!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 21:53]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's Euros on 00:43 - Jul 23 with 1886 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Women's Euros on 21:51 - Jul 22 by Dorse

Belgium must be gutted after that. That was like the Alamo for 92 mins!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2022 21:53]

Felt terrible for their keeper she was amazing and who knows could have won a shootout .
The problem is defending like that you have to hit hard on the counter and Belguim were not able to get any clear chances.
England will roll into the Final IMO and if France knock Germany out could win it all
Women's Euros on 10:44 - Jul 23 with 1740 viewsDannyPaddox

Women's Euros on 00:43 - Jul 23 by CLAREMAN1995

Felt terrible for their keeper she was amazing and who knows could have won a shootout .
The problem is defending like that you have to hit hard on the counter and Belguim were not able to get any clear chances.
England will roll into the Final IMO and if France knock Germany out could win it all

The irony is if Belgium hadn’t kept the whole team back to defend and instead put a player or two around the half-way line for the counter, Sweden in turn would have left a few back to mark them and it’s highly likely the defender wouldn’t have been in the Belgian penalty box to score the winner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024