Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graeme Souness. 11:03 - Aug 15 with 10529 viewsSnipper

He’s getting absolute pelters in the media, and especially Twàtter for his comments when talking about yesterday’s game between Chelsea & Tottenham.

He was talking about the actual match being ‘a man’s game’ in reference to referee directives to clamp down on feigning injury after legitimate tackles.

In my opinion, the world has gone bloody mad.
Graeme Souness. on 20:11 - Aug 17 with 1038 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Graeme Souness. on 06:49 - Aug 17 by PunteR

I didn't say you did find it offensive I was just pointing out that you've made a bigger deal out of Crowes situation then even Crowe and his female work colleagues did in the actual event.
My point really is things like this lose its context on the Internet than in reality.
It's nothing , no big deal but here we are grown men chatting shit about it for no reason other than to score points on message board wars..lol
Things get exaggerated once people talk about it which is exactly what happened with Souness.

No, I haven't. You may be trying to score points, I'm merely offering an opinion that Crowe perhaps exacerbated his situation by following his comment with a rhetorical question (an opinion shared by NGB). Now, as you said it's no big deal so settle down.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 20:12]
Graeme Souness. on 20:57 - Aug 17 with 955 viewsconnell10

Graeme Souness. on 19:45 - Aug 16 by Benny_the_Ball

Nah. I don't find Crowe's greeting offensive but whether it was inappropriate is not down to you or me; that's governed by his company culture and working environment.

NGB and I are simply pointing out that Crowe scored an own goal by immediately asking "Am I even allowed to say that?" This rhetorical question suggests that deep down Crowe suspected his "Morning girls" greeting could be deemed mildly inappropriate before he even said it. The irony is had he not asked the question, his colleagues probably would've thought nothing of it.

Conversely, Souness didn't follow up his "It's a man's game" comment with the same rhetorical question. Given this and the fact that this phrase was widely used by his generation leads me to believe that he didn't set out to offend.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 19:47]

But who did he offend?? I'm a old school Labour voter I really don't understand or agree with a lot of the lefts views anymore ....it just bollocks.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Graeme Souness. on 21:55 - Aug 17 with 892 viewsthame_hoops

Graeme Souness. on 14:06 - Aug 16 by qprrunner

Agree on the point that there are far too many (bad) female pundits that are there to just tick a box (Karen Carney is for me one of the worst and can barely string a sentence).

However did you watch any of the Euros? There was hardly any kick and rush. It was pretty much all short, precise passes, heavily coached and very rarely did teams go long..

Some are awful and are like deers in headlights, who’s the one who speaks like Ali G with a lisp? I like Emma Hayes but I suppose if Clinton Morrison can get a gig it equals out
Graeme Souness. on 22:03 - Aug 17 with 877 viewsPunteR

Graeme Souness. on 20:11 - Aug 17 by Benny_the_Ball

No, I haven't. You may be trying to score points, I'm merely offering an opinion that Crowe perhaps exacerbated his situation by following his comment with a rhetorical question (an opinion shared by NGB). Now, as you said it's no big deal so settle down.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 20:12]

Yes you have and yes you love scoring points on here. Cmon Benny you love a good old fashioned message board debate. Theres no shame in it. ;)
I'm sure Crowe appreciated you offering your opinion . He probably feels more enlightened..lol

Blackcrowe before his next office meeting saying to himself...

"dont say morning girls and then follow it up with a question, be more assertive, own it just say morning girls...Morning girls."

The next day.

"Morning slaags!"

"Doh!"

Im just kidding obviously.

[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 22:06]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Graeme Souness. on 22:13 - Aug 17 with 859 viewskensalriser

Graeme Souness. on 20:57 - Aug 17 by connell10

But who did he offend?? I'm a old school Labour voter I really don't understand or agree with a lot of the lefts views anymore ....it just bollocks.

I don't know if it's a left right thing, but I can see that calling women girls might be interpreted as belittling or demeaning in certain situations, one of those being in a workplace.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Graeme Souness. on 22:39 - Aug 17 with 791 viewsdistortR

Graeme Souness. on 22:13 - Aug 17 by kensalriser

I don't know if it's a left right thing, but I can see that calling women girls might be interpreted as belittling or demeaning in certain situations, one of those being in a workplace.

Yeah, I consider myself old school left as well, find the new identity politics divisive and a distraction from the real issues, but that doesn't mean that we have to forever be stuck with the social attitudes of the 70's.
Graeme Souness. on 22:52 - Aug 17 with 771 viewsconnell10

Graeme Souness. on 22:39 - Aug 17 by distortR

Yeah, I consider myself old school left as well, find the new identity politics divisive and a distraction from the real issues, but that doesn't mean that we have to forever be stuck with the social attitudes of the 70's.

I agree , but this new left are just pushing people like me away from the Labour Party, they lost 90 thousand members last year . I'm sick of all the crap involved with the trendy new left.

Graeme Souness. on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 767 viewsconnell10

Graeme Souness. on 22:13 - Aug 17 by kensalriser

I was taking about Souness say its a men's game .which when he is talking about men's football is true. No matter how its spun.

Login to get fewer ads

Graeme Souness. on 23:29 - Aug 17 with 727 viewskensalriser

Graeme Souness. on 22:55 - Aug 17 by connell10

I was taking about Souness say its a men's game .which when he is talking about men's football is true. No matter how its spun.

Ah, we're at cross purposes. I don't listen to Talksport so I will never be offended by anything anyone says on that station, but all this sounds like much ado about nothing. Mass internet tantrums at someone saying something slightly silly are getting a bit tiresome, especially in the light of the really seriously bad shit happening right now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Graeme Souness. on 07:26 - Aug 18 with 649 viewsdistortR

Graeme Souness. on 22:52 - Aug 17 by connell10

I agree , but this new left are just pushing people like me away from the Labour Party, they lost 90 thousand members last year . I'm sick of all the crap involved with the trendy new left.

to be fair to Starmer, I think he's alienating everyone on the left. He'd be a shoe-in for next prime minister if he was in the party he should be in.
Graeme Souness. on 09:17 - Aug 18 with 605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Graeme Souness. on 07:26 - Aug 18 by distortR

to be fair to Starmer, I think he's alienating everyone on the left. He'd be a shoe-in for next prime minister if he was in the party he should be in.

"He'd be a shoe-in for next prime minister if he was in the party he should be in."

Bingo. There's our headline, folks.

Let's go to print.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024