Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antibiotics 19:38 - Dec 8 with 2975 viewsmax936

Apparently some are becoming scarce to obtain because of the War in Ukraine, apparently a lot of Antibiotics are produced out there, probably since Thatcher decimated GB's manufacturing industries.
Unbelievable.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Antibiotics on 10:49 - Dec 12 with 854 viewsmajorraglan

Antibiotics on 21:20 - Dec 8 by KeithHaynes

I blame brexit.

Funny enough I did ask the person I spoke to that particular question, they didn’t specifically blame Brexit but the shortages had only occurred after Brexit. I was particularly concerned to hear there’d been a shortage of strong pain relief used to assist people in palliative care.
Antibiotics on 12:25 - Dec 12 with 827 viewsDJack

Antibiotics on 11:32 - Dec 11 by Catullus

Really? As I posted, a mother in the Chemust was told they are in short supply. It was not merely a claim on my part but a referral to something I heard a chemist say.

Do you work for a wholesaler then?

Why get so triggered?

Localised hearsay that will add to unecessary panic is dangerous that's why I get annoyed.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Antibiotics on 12:35 - Dec 12 with 817 viewskrunchykarrot

Antibiotics on 12:25 - Dec 12 by DJack

Localised hearsay that will add to unecessary panic is dangerous that's why I get annoyed.

So apparently over the bridge chemists are paid a set ammount for script of X. They then have to buy it from the trust supplier. Trust supplier has put script X up nearly three times. Not sure here in Wales cant see our fantastic NHS which was whipped into shape by our first minister?

Seriously how the hell is this allowed to happen the whole of the NHS should pay the same?
Antibiotics on 17:25 - Dec 12 with 771 viewsCatullus

Antibiotics on 12:25 - Dec 12 by DJack

Well when a chemist is saying they cannot source something, is it hearsay? Was the chemist lying?

Is this hearsay,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/dec/07/strep-a-uk-pharmacists-report-an
[Post edited 12 Dec 2022 17:29]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Antibiotics on 21:30 - Dec 12 with 747 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 17:25 - Dec 12 by Catullus

Well when a chemist is saying they cannot source something, is it hearsay? Was the chemist lying?

Is this hearsay,

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/dec/07/strep-a-uk-pharmacists-report-an

I had to chase round for an antibiotic that my lad urgently needed, after I got home from work, luckily I was able to get it, just as well cause fuel light came on and I didn't have my wallet

Antibiotics on 01:09 - Dec 13 with 735 viewsDJack

Antibiotics on 17:25 - Dec 12 by Catullus

Is this hearsay,

And you hadfthe cheek to use the phrase"triggered" earlier

From the article you referenced...

"Independent pharmacies say they cannot replenish stocks of the antibiotics because wholesalers say there is no availability.

The health secretary, Steve Barclay, told Times Radio on Wednesday that officials were “not aware of any shortages” and that medicine manufacturers were “required to notify us if there are supply issues, and we have not been notified by them of that”.

So allegedly the Wholesalers are telling the pharmacists different from what they are mandated to inform the government...

"...and they said they are not aware of any shortages, but sometimes obviously you get the peaks of demand in a particular area and stock has moved around accordingly.”

&

"Dr Zara Aziz, a GP in Bristol, said local pharmacies were running into antibiotic syrup shortages, usually prescribed for throat infections “as demand in general practice for sick kids/worried parents becomes relentless”. Instead GPs were prescribing tablets and capsules and providing guidance on how children could be encouraged to swallow these. She said it was “worrying” if anyone who really needed the antibiotics was unable to get them."

Perhaps the chemists are being pressurised by the mumsnet crew to prescribe little Timmy with a nice sugar free syrup and not those common tablets!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Antibiotics on 17:17 - Dec 14 with 672 viewsmax936

And again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63970339

Antibiotics on 18:40 - Dec 14 with 648 viewsCatullus

Antibiotics on 01:09 - Dec 13 by DJack

"Independent pharmacies say they cannot replenish stocks of the antibiotics because wholesalers say there is no availability.

The health secretary, Steve Barclay, told Times Radio on Wednesday that officials were “not aware of any shortages” and that medicine manufacturers were “required to notify us if there are supply issues, and we have not been notified by them of that”.

So allegedly the Wholesalers are telling the pharmacists different from what they are mandated to inform the government...

"...and they said they are not aware of any shortages, but sometimes obviously you get the peaks of demand in a particular area and stock has moved around accordingly.”

&

"Dr Zara Aziz, a GP in Bristol, said local pharmacies were running into antibiotic syrup shortages, usually prescribed for throat infections “as demand in general practice for sick kids/worried parents becomes relentless”. Instead GPs were prescribing tablets and capsules and providing guidance on how children could be encouraged to swallow these. She said it was “worrying” if anyone who really needed the antibiotics was unable to get them."

Perhaps the chemists are being pressurised by the mumsnet crew to prescribe little Timmy with a nice sugar free syrup and not those common tablets!

Because politicians never tell lies eh.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Antibiotics on 01:02 - Dec 15 with 630 viewsDJack

Antibiotics on 18:40 - Dec 14 by Catullus

Because politicians never tell lies eh.

That's a given...and massively so for Stephen Barclay.

But we also know that the majority of doctors give out antibiotics when they know that they are not needed if pushed by patients. That coupled with press stories and the accompanying hysteria will produce an actual, though unecessary, shortage.

Antibiotics on 07:15 - Dec 15 with 624 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Antibiotics on 17:41 - Dec 9 by max936

Everything is nonsense when its criticism directed at your beloved Tory politicians.

No alleged about it. Its a fact!

Correct the UK is the Worlds 7th largest manufacturing country..

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Antibiotics on 16:36 - Dec 16 with 569 viewsCatullus

Antibiotics on 07:15 - Dec 15 by felixstowe_jack

We make/manufacture 18% of the worlds output. How much that is worth to our GDP I don't know. I don't know why that means the tories are great though, if labour win the next election will it mean they are great?

Shame we don't manufacture more of our own medicines...

Antibiotics on 00:41 - Dec 17 with 542 viewsmajorraglan

Antibiotics on 07:15 - Dec 15 by felixstowe_jack

Theres lots of figures do not sure which one you’ve used, but from what I can see we’re fown to 9th below Italy and France. Germany manufactures 3.5 times more than we do.
Antibiotics on 10:08 - Dec 20 with 474 viewscontroversial_jack

Antibiotics on 00:41 - Dec 17 by majorraglan

Theres lots of figures do not sure which one you’ve used, but from what I can see we’re fown to 9th below Italy and France. Germany manufactures 3.5 times more than we do.

Brexit working well then?
Antibiotics on 10:19 - Dec 20 with 471 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Antibiotics on 10:08 - Dec 20 by controversial_jack

Brexit working well then?

A bit like the Russian invasion of Ukraine no working. Ho ho ho.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Antibiotics on 10:27 - Dec 20 with 468 viewsSandanista

Antibiotics on 01:09 - Dec 13 by DJack

&

The paediatric formulation of Penicillins are as suspensions (liquid). Independent pharmacists (like my late step father) are completely reliant on a handful of wholesalers for supply (not just in Wales) and it's clear there are shortages relating to increased demand due to higher than usual levels of Streptococcus pyogenes and increased awareness (it's always there and carried by 10-20% of kids normally). It's another government failure and likely exacerbated by Brexit-related supply chain problems.
Antibiotics on 15:52 - Dec 20 with 447 viewscontroversial_jack

Antibiotics on 10:19 - Dec 20 by felixstowe_jack

A bit like the Russian invasion of Ukraine no working. Ho ho ho.

Isn't it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024