Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. 19:08 - Jan 29 with 6968 views1949er

Would you have Hill back in any capacity.

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 09:20 - Jan 31 with 1155 viewsfourfourtwo

I think people are getting a bit too hung up on what happened at Scunthorpe. They are and have been more of a basket case than us for years now.

He’s taken on a poisoned chalice there, just like he did at Bolton, and it’s not worked out.

I’d rate his time at Barnsley as average to poor. Dale excellent on the whole. Tranmere good, even though the fans would dispute this. Bolton average to poor given the circumstances, he probably got sacked because he lost the fans more than performances. Scunthorpe has been a disaster.

Agree with all the Jekyll and Hyde stuff. But he is undisputedly the most successful manager we have had and potentially may ever have. He has excellent contacts within the game and a proven track record of finding broken toys and developing them for phenomenal sums of money.

That’s why I believe he is a really good fit as a DOF. Maybe his management career is now waining but to think he doesn’t have something to offer for a club like us would be madness in my opinion.
Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 10:16 - Jan 31 with 1049 viewsJames1980

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 09:20 - Jan 31 by fourfourtwo

I think people are getting a bit too hung up on what happened at Scunthorpe. They are and have been more of a basket case than us for years now.

He’s taken on a poisoned chalice there, just like he did at Bolton, and it’s not worked out.

I’d rate his time at Barnsley as average to poor. Dale excellent on the whole. Tranmere good, even though the fans would dispute this. Bolton average to poor given the circumstances, he probably got sacked because he lost the fans more than performances. Scunthorpe has been a disaster.

Agree with all the Jekyll and Hyde stuff. But he is undisputedly the most successful manager we have had and potentially may ever have. He has excellent contacts within the game and a proven track record of finding broken toys and developing them for phenomenal sums of money.

That’s why I believe he is a really good fit as a DOF. Maybe his management career is now waining but to think he doesn’t have something to offer for a club like us would be madness in my opinion.

The important part of the question for me is 'in any capacity'. If Bentley and Chadwick are happy to work with a DoF in the shape of Keith Hill it is worth considering, although wouldn't the time to bring in a director of football have been before the transfer window opened?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 11:16 - Jan 31 with 969 viewselectricblue

Hill is in the past for me, best Dale manager so far in my life time..
He would have to take on a whole new approach in his mindset taking on the role of DoF and keep his mouth shut.
Some of his ranting where from somebody who had lost the plot...

Can JB work with somebody who as a personality as Hill and the reverence the supporters have of him.

I just think it is unaffordable for the club at present...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 12:31 - Jan 31 with 879 viewsD_Alien

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 10:16 - Jan 31 by James1980

The important part of the question for me is 'in any capacity'. If Bentley and Chadwick are happy to work with a DoF in the shape of Keith Hill it is worth considering, although wouldn't the time to bring in a director of football have been before the transfer window opened?

It's already been confirmed by the chairman that a DoF is out of the question at the moment for financial reasons

Let's move on from this

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 12:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 13:01 - Jan 31 with 764 viewsJames1980

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 12:31 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

It's already been confirmed by the chairman that a DoF is out of the question at the moment for financial reasons

Let's move on from this

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 12:31]

Who put you in charge .

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 13:31 - Jan 31 with 721 viewsD_Alien

Would you have Hill back in any capacity. on 13:01 - Jan 31 by James1980

Who put you in charge .

Those who fail to read what's been written in black & white by the chairman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024