Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
jesse marsch 15:32 - Feb 12 with 8939 viewssaint22

It would seem there is a meeting with him tomorrow......
After he just left leeds???
Deja vu
jesse marsch on 19:18 - Feb 12 with 1904 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 19:15 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Wanting an improvement on a failing manager isn’t arrogant. Have you seen Ralph’s record as a manager against wolves?
What is incredibly arrogant is trying to claim people that did, expected our unambitious owners (so unambitious they pumped millions into the team) to appoint a top manager! I just wanted one that was less crap than the last one. No one expected them to get in the one we ended up with!

So why aren't managers like Poch, Koeman, Dyche even, wanting to come here? Why arn't the owners trying to appoint them then? They won't come here, knowing they have to "develop" a load of young players. They want ambition and that means spending 50 million on one established striker, not 60 million on a load of inexperienced 18 year olds.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:20]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

jesse marsch on 19:20 - Feb 12 with 1896 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 19:18 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

So why aren't managers like Poch, Koeman, Dyche even, wanting to come here? Why arn't the owners trying to appoint them then? They won't come here, knowing they have to "develop" a load of young players. They want ambition and that means spending 50 million on one established striker, not 60 million on a load of inexperienced 18 year olds.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:20]

Two of them have been here!

We won’t attract a top manager, what part of that aren’t you understanding?

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 19:21 - Feb 12 with 1886 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 19:20 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Two of them have been here!

We won’t attract a top manager, what part of that aren’t you understanding?

Two of them were here when we we had more ambitious owners. Since then we have had the Southampton way. Buy young sell for a profit rubbish. I expected nothing but a cheap, unambitious appointment from this lot and that's what we got.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:25]

jesse marsch on 19:25 - Feb 12 with 1868 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 19:21 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

Two of them were here when we we had more ambitious owners. Since then we have had the Southampton way. Buy young sell for a profit rubbish. I expected nothing but a cheap, unambitious appointment from this lot and that's what we got.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:25]

Poch was a largely unknown manager when he came here.

When poch left, that was the start of the Southampton way…

Remember the sell off that summer?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:26]

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 19:29 - Feb 12 with 1851 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 19:25 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Poch was a largely unknown manager when he came here.

When poch left, that was the start of the Southampton way…

Remember the sell off that summer?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:26]

Go back ten years, we had Cortese who was talking about champions league football and 60k seater stadium. Ambitious talk. Poch and Koeman were ambitious appointments and they were given the freedom to buy top players (Van Dyke, Pelle, Tadic, etc). Things have changed. Now we talk about making a profit and magically turning a pig's ear into gold. It's all nonsense. I expected nothing more than a cheap replacement for Ralph ( a manager to develop blah blah blah). Expecting better from this lot was naive. I want a Poch as much as anyone, but I knew these owners wouldn't deliver it. They are fantasists who think we can buy Mara for 10 million and turn him into Messi. They think they can appoint Jones and he will come good. That's what these owners think. So don't expect much to change.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:32]

jesse marsch on 19:35 - Feb 12 with 1821 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 19:29 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

Go back ten years, we had Cortese who was talking about champions league football and 60k seater stadium. Ambitious talk. Poch and Koeman were ambitious appointments and they were given the freedom to buy top players (Van Dyke, Pelle, Tadic, etc). Things have changed. Now we talk about making a profit and magically turning a pig's ear into gold. It's all nonsense. I expected nothing more than a cheap replacement for Ralph ( a manager to develop blah blah blah). Expecting better from this lot was naive. I want a Poch as much as anyone, but I knew these owners wouldn't deliver it. They are fantasists who think we can buy Mara for 10 million and turn him into Messi. They think they can appoint Jones and he will come good. That's what these owners think. So don't expect much to change.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:32]

Van Dyke, Pelle and Tadic were all signed after Cortese had left…

And they weren’t top players when we signed them, VVD came here and made his name in the premier league after us buying him from Celtic for £12M. Pelle and Tadic were signed from the Dutch league. None of them were signed from Real Madrid as top players…

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 19:36 - Feb 12 with 1819 viewsmushinexile

Well, maybe. They spent big in January and cut their losses expensively this morning. It might just have sunk in that the only real power source is cubic money.
jesse marsch on 19:44 - Feb 12 with 1792 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 19:35 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Van Dyke, Pelle and Tadic were all signed after Cortese had left…

And they weren’t top players when we signed them, VVD came here and made his name in the premier league after us buying him from Celtic for £12M. Pelle and Tadic were signed from the Dutch league. None of them were signed from Real Madrid as top players…

Believe in the owners of you like, I don't. I knew they would sack Ralph and bring in someone worse. They have spent the last year bringing in 18 year old players (not up to it) to develop. I knew they would follow the same path with a manager not up to it ( to develop). And now fans are surprised they might bring in Marsh. They won't bring in Poch or anyone really good. That costs money and most importantly, ambition ( i.e 50 million to spend on one player, not a young player, a player who will improve the team now). The very best managers will go to the clubs where they are given money to spend on the top players for immediate success and improvement. We are left with the managers who can't get jobs at the top clubs.

Login to get fewer ads

jesse marsch on 19:51 - Feb 12 with 1764 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 19:44 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

Believe in the owners of you like, I don't. I knew they would sack Ralph and bring in someone worse. They have spent the last year bringing in 18 year old players (not up to it) to develop. I knew they would follow the same path with a manager not up to it ( to develop). And now fans are surprised they might bring in Marsh. They won't bring in Poch or anyone really good. That costs money and most importantly, ambition ( i.e 50 million to spend on one player, not a young player, a player who will improve the team now). The very best managers will go to the clubs where they are given money to spend on the top players for immediate success and improvement. We are left with the managers who can't get jobs at the top clubs.

Again, you are changing the narrative. How incredibly arrogant and naive of you.

Where have I said I believe in the owners? I think they have f*cked up completely. I’d suggest you go back and re read this exchange all over again. You’ve flipped more than Jones changes his formations…

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 1759 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 19:51 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Again, you are changing the narrative. How incredibly arrogant and naive of you.

Where have I said I believe in the owners? I think they have f*cked up completely. I’d suggest you go back and re read this exchange all over again. You’ve flipped more than Jones changes his formations…

So what is it you are saying? I'm saying it wasn't a surprise to me when Jones was appointed. You were surprised, is that what you are saying?

jesse marsch on 19:55 - Feb 12 with 1753 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 19:52 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

So what is it you are saying? I'm saying it wasn't a surprise to me when Jones was appointed. You were surprised, is that what you are saying?

FFS mate.

It wasn’t wrong to want Ralph sacked! None of us expected him to be replaced by someone worse. The owners f*cked up.

What is it you are saying? We should have top managers lining up if Cortese was here and he signed top players even after he left?

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 19:58 - Feb 12 with 1748 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 19:55 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

FFS mate.

It wasn’t wrong to want Ralph sacked! None of us expected him to be replaced by someone worse. The owners f*cked up.

What is it you are saying? We should have top managers lining up if Cortese was here and he signed top players even after he left?

I'm saying I didn't want Ralph sacked because I was worried we would appoint someone worse and we did! I had a feeling our data driven, buy young for a profit, turn Mara into Messi, owners would f@ck up. Their decisions have probably resulted in our relegation.

If we had ambitious owners, I would have wanted Ralph sacked to bring in a Poch or a Koeman. But I knew we wouldn't.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:15]

jesse marsch on 20:14 - Feb 12 with 1705 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 19:58 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I'm saying I didn't want Ralph sacked because I was worried we would appoint someone worse and we did! I had a feeling our data driven, buy young for a profit, turn Mara into Messi, owners would f@ck up. Their decisions have probably resulted in our relegation.

If we had ambitious owners, I would have wanted Ralph sacked to bring in a Poch or a Koeman. But I knew we wouldn't.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:15]

Well that’s life unfortunately.

I remember us selling Shearer and having to replace him with Kerry Dixon and David Speedie! Sometimes in football the people that make decisions get them horribly wrong.

Looking at getting in someone with fresh impetus once Ralph had lost his drive was the correct thing to try and do. I don’t know one fan who didn’t think Jones was the wrong man for the task.

The owners have a battle on their hands to win back the fans that’s for sure.

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 20:20 - Feb 12 with 1683 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 20:14 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Well that’s life unfortunately.

I remember us selling Shearer and having to replace him with Kerry Dixon and David Speedie! Sometimes in football the people that make decisions get them horribly wrong.

Looking at getting in someone with fresh impetus once Ralph had lost his drive was the correct thing to try and do. I don’t know one fan who didn’t think Jones was the wrong man for the task.

The owners have a battle on their hands to win back the fans that’s for sure.

They do. They have invested but they have completely f@cked up with their fantasist, naive views. Buying Mara, Aribo, Larios, Bazunu, (what a waste of money) leaving Tella at Burnley to score 20 plus goals, getting rid of Romeu, getting rid of Forster, not getting the striker that Ralph was promised, appointing Jones have been a disaster. Pope went to Newcastle for 10 million. We bought Bazunu for 13 million. What waste of money. The owners are ultimately to blame in my opinion. They have made a right hash of everything.

We could have kept Forster, kept Romeu, bought a striker for 50 million in the summer, yes, also brought in a couple of players to develop, we would have been fine.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 20:27]

jesse marsch on 20:42 - Feb 12 with 1647 viewsCapt_Koons

jesse marsch on 18:54 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I get what you're saying. This sums up why we shouldn't have sacked Ralph. Those demanding his sacking, were hugely naive and arrogant, expecting our unambitious owners to appoint a top manager. The problem is and has always been higher up. We arn't an ambitious club. We could offer Poch a financial package he can't refuse, but we won't. We could have spent 40 million on a striker in the summer, instead of 60 million on rubbish. We are owned by fantasists who want to do things on the cheap. Many couldn't see it. Sack the board, Sport Republic OUT is what we should be singing. The fans will see it when we are relegated.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 19:01]

Ralph's race was run. Everyone knew it including Ralph probably. But nobody expected SR to appoint someone of Nathan Jones's calibre.
As for Poch ffs! Anyone who thinks Poch would consider coming to us for any kind of money and spaf his career right there, instead of what he's doing which is waiting for a berth at a Champions League contenders club is genuinely deluded.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

jesse marsch on 20:59 - Feb 12 with 1621 viewsNinja9

jesse marsch on 19:15 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

Wanting an improvement on a failing manager isn’t arrogant. Have you seen Ralph’s record as a manager against wolves?
What is incredibly arrogant is trying to claim people that did, expected our unambitious owners (so unambitious they pumped millions into the team) to appoint a top manager! I just wanted one that was less crap than the last one. No one expected them to get in the one we ended up with!

What has RH record against Wolves got to do with it . Thats history . Ralph done a good job on a very small budget . The board did not back him when he and everyone else knew we needed a striker . They then backed a championship manager with big money in January . Total incompetence . Ralph was not failing but the fookin board were .
jesse marsch on 21:19 - Feb 12 with 1605 viewsSteveMoron

If Marsch actually wants to come to a half sunken ship then that's great. Not many will come running. Maybe with a Wolves home match to start it would have been more attractive. JM was sacked because of fan pressure, as was Ralph. I watched a lot of Leeds games and they were fantastic to watch without their main striker too. I think he will do well for us personally.
jesse marsch on 21:24 - Feb 12 with 1600 viewsSouthamptonfan

I think he could be a good appointment. He kept Leeds up in the PL. He's passionate and energetic.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:28]

jesse marsch on 21:41 - Feb 12 with 1570 viewsSteveMoron

jesse marsch on 21:24 - Feb 12 by Southamptonfan

I think he could be a good appointment. He kept Leeds up in the PL. He's passionate and energetic.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:28]

Leeds v Saints in a few weeks would be tasty.
jesse marsch on 21:57 - Feb 12 with 1548 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 20:59 - Feb 12 by Ninja9

What has RH record against Wolves got to do with it . Thats history . Ralph done a good job on a very small budget . The board did not back him when he and everyone else knew we needed a striker . They then backed a championship manager with big money in January . Total incompetence . Ralph was not failing but the fookin board were .

I used wolves as an example as we played them just yesterday. I could use another team if you like?

I’ll repeat it again so it might sink in with you, Ralph worked with incredibly difficult parameters but he’d run out of impetus and according to the board had lost the relationship with the players. That probably explains the complete drop off in form this time last year.

Who knows if a new striker might’ve changed things, we’ll never know but if the team had stopped playing for him then I doubt it would have changed.

Have a re read of my posts as I think the board are wholly to blame for the shambles we find ourselves in. But I’d add, they should have moved Ralph on last summer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:58]

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 22:30 - Feb 12 with 1495 viewsNinja9

jesse marsch on 21:57 - Feb 12 by MytchettSaint

I used wolves as an example as we played them just yesterday. I could use another team if you like?

I’ll repeat it again so it might sink in with you, Ralph worked with incredibly difficult parameters but he’d run out of impetus and according to the board had lost the relationship with the players. That probably explains the complete drop off in form this time last year.

Who knows if a new striker might’ve changed things, we’ll never know but if the team had stopped playing for him then I doubt it would have changed.

Have a re read of my posts as I think the board are wholly to blame for the shambles we find ourselves in. But I’d add, they should have moved Ralph on last summer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 21:58]

You can use as many examples as you like and it might sink in with you that you talk bollox .
He did not run out of impetus he was not backed by the fookin board . Yes i agree the board are to blame but dont give me the crap it was RH fault .
jesse marsch on 22:33 - Feb 12 with 1488 viewsSouthamptonfan

jesse marsch on 22:30 - Feb 12 by Ninja9

You can use as many examples as you like and it might sink in with you that you talk bollox .
He did not run out of impetus he was not backed by the fookin board . Yes i agree the board are to blame but dont give me the crap it was RH fault .

I would argue that he lost his impetus because who wouldn't get p!ssed off losing Ings and Broja and not having them replaced, when they promised him they would.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 22:34]

jesse marsch on 22:51 - Feb 12 with 1454 viewsMytchettSaint

jesse marsch on 22:30 - Feb 12 by Ninja9

FFS, could whoever left the gate open to the c*nt farm please come and collect this one and make sure it stays shut so whinger69 isn’t let near a keyboard again.

Forza Rossobianco

jesse marsch on 14:39 - Feb 13 with 1257 viewsBerber

Why get excited about a manager that helped keep a team up but could not advance them. We might as well go for Hughes again.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

jesse marsch on 17:02 - Feb 13 with 1116 viewsSteveMoron

They've just had their meeting with JM. Looking the likely appointment.
At least someone's up for the challenge...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024