Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sturgeon resigns 11:01 - Feb 15 with 17621 viewscolinallcars

Something fishy there. Perhaps she's got another job lined up………
Sturgeon resigns on 00:56 - Jun 12 with 2683 viewsBoston

Sturgeon resigns on 22:36 - Jun 11 by NewBee

"Fishwoman"?

At the risk of being sexist*, I'll just point out that apparently her nickname at uni was "Seaweed", as in "... even the tide wouldn't take her out".

* - I know, I'm a bad, bad person sometimes

We'll forgive you as you play by the rivaaaAAH.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sturgeon resigns on 07:01 - Jun 12 with 2541 viewsdistortR

Sturgeon resigns on 22:23 - Jun 11 by RangersDave

The Scots huh? tish pershroomy Edmund.......

The Edinburgh tram system, so dumbassed that it flew so far over budget the enquiry board into it are on permanent tranquilizers. what is it now.... 10 odd years past when the enquiry started and still no answer. So over budget it was, that all the Ministers there could have had a truck like winibago with pull out sides, and a car build into its own garage underneath, and all the be trimmings............ who paid? ahem,cough cough, care to guess?

Then theres the purpose built national building for the MP's....... care to look up how much over the budget that was, and who paid? Coughs again...... you'd be right.

Care to guess who paid? lol

The rest was edited to save my embarrassement!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 15:13]

Then there's the ferry fiasco.

Over here, we've got the new berth for the Liverpool ferry. 'Not going to cost the tax payer anything' - now probably up to £100m.
Sturgeon resigns on 07:14 - Jun 12 with 2530 viewsQPR_Jim

The Edinburgh tram system, so dumbassed that it flew so far over budget the enquiry board into it are on permanent tranquilizers. what is it now.... 10 odd years past when the enquiry started and still no answer. So over budget it was, that all the Ministers there could have had a truck like winibago with pull out sides, and a car build into its own garage underneath, and all the be trimmings............ who paid? ahem,cough cough, care to guess?

Then theres the purpose built national building for the MP's....... care to look up how much over the budget that was, and who paid? Coughs again...... you'd be right.

It's fairly standard for public sector projects to be over budget because they try to be optimistic with it to get approval then ask for more money later. That's not to say that it wouldn't be a perfect vehicle for embezzlement because some overspending would be expected but if that's your end goal you don't really need to go to the effort of building a tram system. Look at the garden bridge or the over £100m on ferry contracts to a company without ferries, you can skim off quite a bit without having to do anything at all.l if you're that way inclined.
Sturgeon resigns on 08:40 - Jun 12 with 2446 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Sturgeon resigns on 11:28 - Jun 12 with 2336 viewskensalriser

What’s Dublin got to do with it?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sturgeon resigns on 12:42 - Jun 12 with 2248 viewsBlackCrowe

Sturgeon resigns on 22:36 - Jun 11 by NewBee

"Fishwoman"?

At the risk of being sexist*, I'll just point out that apparently her nickname at uni was "Seaweed", as in "... even the tide wouldn't take her out".

* - I know, I'm a bad, bad person sometimes

good stuff...Boris and now Sturgeon seemingly fckd.

A few others i can't stand that i wish serious comeuppance on (in whatever form it takes):
Farage
Khan
Rayner

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sturgeon resigns on 17:42 - Jun 12 with 2065 viewspaulparker

Let’s hope she doesn’t get sent down

She might have to share a cell with a woman with a penis

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sturgeon resigns on 18:27 - Jun 12 with 1993 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sturgeon resigns on 17:42 - Jun 12 by paulparker

Now that would be poetic justice

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

Sturgeon resigns on 18:48 - Jun 12 with 1986 viewsBoston

Sturgeon resigns on 17:42 - Jun 12 by paulparker

Think she'll get a rise out of that?

Sturgeon resigns on 04:34 - Jun 13 with 1789 viewsSydneyRs

On news of her arrest, the predictable collection of crap memes arrived from the usual suspects on social media, who found no reason to mention anything about the recent far more serious charges against Trump and Johnson effectively running away from his situation. Sturgeon of course was released without charge.
Sturgeon resigns on 09:35 - Jun 13 with 1693 viewsClive_Anderson

Sturgeon resigns on 04:34 - Jun 13 by SydneyRs

On news of her arrest, the predictable collection of crap memes arrived from the usual suspects on social media, who found no reason to mention anything about the recent far more serious charges against Trump and Johnson effectively running away from his situation. Sturgeon of course was released without charge.

Yes I'm totally shocked that they're throwing multiple lawsuits and charges against Trump right before the next election.
Sturgeon resigns on 09:38 - Jun 13 with 1692 viewsSydneyRs

Sturgeon resigns on 09:35 - Jun 13 by Clive_Anderson

Yes I'm totally shocked that they're throwing multiple lawsuits and charges against Trump right before the next election.

Doesn't exactly look not guilty though does he?
Sturgeon resigns on 10:05 - Jun 13 with 1669 viewsLazyFan

Sturgeon resigns on 09:35 - Jun 13 by Clive_Anderson

The secret documents case is the big one.
If they let him off, then every other case after that will cite his as why their client should be let off.

Therefore they have to go super hard on him, it's not even about stopping Trump; it's about stopping any Snowden-type leaks in the future (which, if you are a Trump fan, you would agree with as Snowden is with Putin).

Therefore Trump will go down for the leak of the documents, he has to. His only way out is if he can become President again and pardon himself.

This seems unlikely as the rest of the Republican party is ready for him now and are just waiting until the noose is tightened before they start coming out against him hard. The line they will go with is ... "I like Trump, but with all the court cases we cannot beat Biden, we need a clean fresh start so, we can beat the Democrats".

They are building up this line, but it's still waiting for the full unleashing in the right-wing media.
But it's coming.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sturgeon resigns on 10:08 - Jun 13 with 1658 viewsQPR_John

Do you really think Johnson has been charged with more serious crimes.
Sturgeon resigns on 11:23 - Jun 13 with 1576 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sturgeon resigns on 11:59 - Jun 13 with 1560 viewskensalriser

Sturgeon resigns on 09:38 - Jun 13 by SydneyRs

Doesn't exactly look not guilty though does he?

He does if you're a f***ing moron.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sturgeon resigns on 12:24 - Jun 13 with 1513 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sturgeon resigns on 11:59 - Jun 13 by kensalriser

He does if you're a f***ing moron.

Or if, you know, you're not completely obsessed with the former US president who left office 2 and a half years ago.

Sturgeon resigns on 13:47 - Jun 13 with 1452 viewsSydneyRs

Sturgeon resigns on 12:24 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Or if, you know, you're not completely obsessed with the former US president who left office 2 and a half years ago.

Well people are still posting six year old Diane Abbott memes regularly so it's pretty recent in comparison.
Sturgeon resigns on 13:49 - Jun 13 with 1450 viewsSydneyRs

Sturgeon resigns on 11:23 - Jun 13 by SheffieldHoop

Think the last time I watched that was when the world trade centre went down.
Sturgeon resigns on 13:50 - Jun 13 with 1445 viewsNorthernr

Shall we not, eh?
Sturgeon resigns on 13:52 - Jun 13 with 1429 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sturgeon resigns on 13:47 - Jun 13 by SydneyRs

Well people are still posting six year old Diane Abbott memes regularly so it's pretty recent in comparison.

On your Facebook news feed. Not on here. If you really don't like it that much, stop looking.

Sturgeon resigns on 14:33 - Jun 13 with 1375 viewsBoston

Sturgeon resigns on 07:01 - Jun 12 by distortR

Then there's the ferry fiasco.

Over here, we've got the new berth for the Liverpool ferry. 'Not going to cost the tax payer anything' - now probably up to £100m.

We still smile when the local radio plays a clip of John Kerry extolling the virtues of spending two billion on a tunnel under the city centre, "it will be a bargain", he informed us.
Of course, everyone in construction had to restrain themselves from laughing out loud.

Sturgeon resigns on 00:53 - Jun 14 with 1229 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sturgeon resigns on 07:14 - Jun 12 by QPR_Jim

It's fairly standard for public sector projects to be over budget because they try to be optimistic with it to get approval then ask for more money later. That's not to say that it wouldn't be a perfect vehicle for embezzlement because some overspending would be expected but if that's your end goal you don't really need to go to the effort of building a tram system. Look at the garden bridge or the over £100m on ferry contracts to a company without ferries, you can skim off quite a bit without having to do anything at all.l if you're that way inclined.

The thing about the Edinburgh tram system is that very good tram systems were built in Croydon/Merton and Sheffield without breaking the bank.

So there're serious questions to be asked about how the Edinburgh one went so wrong.

Doesn't have to be corruption, good old incompetence isn't an excuse.
Sturgeon resigns on 01:24 - Jun 14 with 1218 viewsBoston

Sturgeon resigns on 00:53 - Jun 14 by CiderwithRsie

The thing about the Edinburgh tram system is that very good tram systems were built in Croydon/Merton and Sheffield without breaking the bank.

So there're serious questions to be asked about how the Edinburgh one went so wrong.

Indeed sir, people rush to the corruption assumption when incompetence is more often than not the simple reason why 'stuff' goes belly up.

Sturgeon resigns on 10:56 - Jun 14 with 999 viewsToast_R

Sturgeon resigns on 00:53 - Jun 14 by CiderwithRsie

The Merton part of the Tram line used the existing train lines which was already there for a large portion of it. That must have kept a lot of the costs down that end of the system.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024