Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelly Departs.. 16:07 - Jun 22 with 6050 viewsdale1968

Rejected our offer and moved to Crawley Town...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Kelly Departs.. on 15:38 - Jun 23 with 1294 viewsSaxonDale

Agree with the comments above. I remember being excited when he signed given his pedigree but I think it's probably fair to say this was another example of Stockdale having the wool pulled over his eyes. The reality after he signed was his footballing CV and the wage I presume we had signed him on was far higher than his contribution on a pitch would suggest and I wouldn't be surprised if he's taken a considerable paycut to stay in League football.

Think a good comparison is Jason Kennedy, who although didn't have the passing range of Kelly, seemed to always knit the team much better than Kelly ever did.
Kelly Departs.. on 16:15 - Jun 23 with 1184 viewssamueloneils

I admit I had a lot of sympathy for Kelly.

He came to us 2 years ago as an attacking midfielder, but never had a really good striker ahead of him. He was always looking for the through ball and wasn`t one of those always sideways movers who used to get us so mad. Beesley was terrific, but only because he was so determined and busy and had a great engine. Nobody since has been a "thinking" forward up front, looking for spaces and looking to receive. I think he would have been better with say Humphrys.

Eventually Kelly was obviously told to cover more ground which was why you saw him back in defence (even at corners !!!) which drove me mad. He was never a defender..

Wrong player at the wrong time, and certainly not suited to lower divisions.

Good luck Liam.
Kelly Departs.. on 19:00 - Jun 23 with 1050 viewsfinberty

We saw this kind of activity when relegated from L1.

People who contributed to our relegation suddenly decide they are better than that, and demand to be employed at the higher level.

If only this application and self-belief had been demonstrated in the 46 games that mattered.
Kelly Departs.. on 19:38 - Jun 23 with 996 viewsTrev

Kelly Departs.. on 19:00 - Jun 23 by finberty

We saw this kind of activity when relegated from L1.

People who contributed to our relegation suddenly decide they are better than that, and demand to be employed at the higher level.

If only this application and self-belief had been demonstrated in the 46 games that mattered.

Weird take.

A league club came in for him, he accepted their offer, who wouldn't?
Kelly Departs.. on 23:01 - Jun 23 with 813 viewsBrierls

Good news for us, any wage spent on Kelly would have been a waste.

Undoubted ability but he’s horrifically lightweight in a physical league. He’s a (small) boy ‘competing’ against men and unfortunately his heart is to scale.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024