Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lionesses. 18:23 - Aug 1 with 15046 viewslifelong

Have roared into the last sixteen of the women’s World Cup.

The BBC are obviously delighted headlining the achievement on this evening’s news at 6.

More partying on the Wirral this evening I suspect.
The Lionesses. on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 1123 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 08:14 - Aug 8 by lifelong

Short sighted Russian linesman.👍

Azerbaijani in fact. I am not English and he was not Russian. Of course Russians think that since European call Georgians Ukrainians and Azerbaijanis , Russians it must be true. "Warm up the T90 s and lets head south".

Azerbaijanis speak Turkish and Russian and some speak Turkish in the northern of Iran in the Tabriz region. Russians could invade Azerbaijan to protect 'Russian speakers' theoretically but would face the Turkish army.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Lionesses. on 14:18 - Aug 9 with 1099 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 21:24 - Aug 7 by onehunglow

You ,us Cymru,Wales . Same 5hing.
Like Union sAys ,you ( one) has to get there
Nice part of the country is Lancashire . I would have lived there myself.
Clitheroe nice in every way.
Friendly people see
No language or identity issues
No insecurity
No obsession with being put on the map.

You favour assimilation and uniformity. We are all human and there of equal value and should behave the same way and have the same culture. For you variety is not the spice of life.

The Issue for the English is of course creeping Americanisation. You see it in the kids with the "like" word and even broadcasters say "anytime soon".

"People of colour " communities are speaking a Urban English a fusion West Indian, African American and Indo Pakistani English. Ali G too the mickey out of this. 'White punks on dope' have adopted this curious urban dialect. The police are "Feds" although UK is not a federal nation. They saw it on TV see butt.

Our flag waving friend is probably a proud Welshman but has strong English affiliations. Why would he not?. Many urban Welsh are from English stock coming to work in the coal valleys to earn a crust 6-10 generations ago. Welsh but with lingering loyalties to England. It will be to working class England not the establishment. He can love the female football team but not the Rugger team - note that.

The Donbas and Crimea Russian speaking people are a parallel. Wales is not an ethnic group / Ukraine is not a proper nation. We are the same as the English / We are the same as the Russians. Kurds are Turks. Actually peace comes with respect for minorities not trying to crush them.

UK is the poster boy of ethnic tolerance. Some Welsh people love the Lionesses of course,. After all their families came to Wales in 1865 after all from Market Harborough on a horse and cart. It took 8 days.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 14:27]

The Lionesses. on 14:22 - Aug 9 with 1102 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 13:18 - Aug 9 by mangohilljack

The women's World Cup is quite a spectacle, surprisingly enjoying the tournament with the girls playing in front of 50-75000 crowds.

England were very lucky against Nigeria and based on performances so far will be knocked out Saturday or at the very latest semi's.

Winner will come from France/Japan/Australia

IMO the four semi finalists will be.

Spain, Sweden, France and England. All European teams.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Lionesses. on 16:44 - Aug 9 with 1043 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 14:18 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

You favour assimilation and uniformity. We are all human and there of equal value and should behave the same way and have the same culture. For you variety is not the spice of life.

The Issue for the English is of course creeping Americanisation. You see it in the kids with the "like" word and even broadcasters say "anytime soon".

"People of colour " communities are speaking a Urban English a fusion West Indian, African American and Indo Pakistani English. Ali G too the mickey out of this. 'White punks on dope' have adopted this curious urban dialect. The police are "Feds" although UK is not a federal nation. They saw it on TV see butt.

Our flag waving friend is probably a proud Welshman but has strong English affiliations. Why would he not?. Many urban Welsh are from English stock coming to work in the coal valleys to earn a crust 6-10 generations ago. Welsh but with lingering loyalties to England. It will be to working class England not the establishment. He can love the female football team but not the Rugger team - note that.

The Donbas and Crimea Russian speaking people are a parallel. Wales is not an ethnic group / Ukraine is not a proper nation. We are the same as the English / We are the same as the Russians. Kurds are Turks. Actually peace comes with respect for minorities not trying to crush them.

UK is the poster boy of ethnic tolerance. Some Welsh people love the Lionesses of course,. After all their families came to Wales in 1865 after all from Market Harborough on a horse and cart. It took 8 days.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 14:27]

I favour myself above all.
You’ve just wasted 10 mins of your life wasting your time on me.

I believe in mixed unions too.

Not endorsed by my chapel of old

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 17:34 - Aug 9 with 1011 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Lionesses. on 16:44 - Aug 9 by onehunglow

I favour myself above all.
You’ve just wasted 10 mins of your life wasting your time on me.

I believe in mixed unions too.

Not endorsed by my chapel of old

Chapels, filled with bigotry and nastiness they were.

I enjoy my trips abroad because wherever I go, whoever I meet we always have things in common. That starts with being Human.

Mixed unions, LGBTQ+...it's better to have love than hate, I won't hate someone for being English, or being from Cardiff...or living in England come to that.
The Lionesses. on 19:12 - Aug 9 with 973 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 17:34 - Aug 9 by SullutaCreturned

Chapels, filled with bigotry and nastiness they were.

I enjoy my trips abroad because wherever I go, whoever I meet we always have things in common. That starts with being Human.

Mixed unions, LGBTQ+...it's better to have love than hate, I won't hate someone for being English, or being from Cardiff...or living in England come to that.

My old man Odesa he’d in them.
If we meet up ,I ll go into more detail
It’ll make you squirm

The Lionesses. on 05:42 - Aug 10 with 930 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Lionesses. on 13:54 - Aug 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Azerbaijani in fact. I am not English and he was not Russian. Of course Russians think that since European call Georgians Ukrainians and Azerbaijanis , Russians it must be true. "Warm up the T90 s and lets head south".

Azerbaijanis speak Turkish and Russian and some speak Turkish in the northern of Iran in the Tabriz region. Russians could invade Azerbaijan to protect 'Russian speakers' theoretically but would face the Turkish army.

He was Russian as they were part of the soviet empire at the time. A bit like saying Stalin was not Russian either as he was born in Georgia which was part of Russian at the time but in now an independent Country.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Lionesses. on 06:02 - Aug 10 with 927 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Lionesses. on 22:07 - Aug 7 by raynor94

Embarrassing, you silly old fart, you keep pedalling the same old claptrap.

So you don't think Wales took football seriously in 1966?

He does not think ROI, Scotland and NI took football seriously in 1966 as none of them qualified.

Wonder which 6 teams of the qualifying teams does he think took football seriously in 1966.

England
USSR
West Germany
France
Portugal
Spain
Italy
Argentina
Mexico
Switzerland
North Korea
Bulgaria
Chile
Hungary

Plus two previous world Cup winning teams from South America prior to 1966
Brazil twice
Uruguay twice.

Makes you wonder why the Welsh Rugby team have never won the Rugny world Cup as only 8 teams in the world take Rugby seriously.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

The Lionesses. on 06:29 - Aug 10 with 927 viewsbuilthjack

The Lionesses. on 06:02 - Aug 10 by felixstowe_jack

He does not think ROI, Scotland and NI took football seriously in 1966 as none of them qualified.

Wonder which 6 teams of the qualifying teams does he think took football seriously in 1966.

England
USSR
West Germany
France
Portugal
Spain
Italy
Argentina
Mexico
Switzerland
North Korea
Bulgaria
Chile
Hungary

Plus two previous world Cup winning teams from South America prior to 1966
Brazil twice
Uruguay twice.

Makes you wonder why the Welsh Rugby team have never won the Rugny world Cup as only 8 teams in the world take Rugby seriously.

It’s 10, not 8. That includes Italy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Lionesses. on 12:29 - Aug 10 with 881 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 05:42 - Aug 10 by felixstowe_jack

He was Russian as they were part of the soviet empire at the time. A bit like saying Stalin was not Russian either as he was born in Georgia which was part of Russian at the time but in now an independent Country.

Your understanding is poor. People in the Soviet Union were "Soviets". People in the UK of GB&NI are "British" which includes presumably you and me.

Many foreigners call British people "English" because they are ignorant. They refer to the "English Government" which doe not exist. Turks do this routinely.

Georgians were Soviets but never Russian. Azerbaijanis were Soviet but never Russian. Ignorant English speakers called them Russian but were mistaken. Russians like the English are comfortable assimilating other cultures. Some Russians live in Georgia Azerbaijan and Kazakstan and may even like their kinfolk to annex parts of these countries.

Stalin was Georgian not Russian. This is something you do not seem to understand. What you have been told in the past was wrong. I have this trouble with Turks. They have a policy of assimilation in their own country and apply it to the UK. They have been taught UK is "ingiltere" . It is wrong but they refuse to be correct. Conservative people cannot adapt.

There is no football team called "Holland" . This team has never existed in history. Some say "But I have always called it Holland so that is that". They are ignorant and the Dutch do to seem to mind.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 12:30]

The Lionesses. on 12:06 - Aug 11 with 813 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 14:22 - Aug 9 by Whiterockin

IMO the four semi finalists will be.

Spain, Sweden, France and England. All European teams.

Two down, two to go

The Lionesses. on 14:00 - Aug 12 with 738 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Lionesses. on 12:06 - Aug 11 by Whiterockin

Two down, two to go

Close.but no cigar.
Australia spoiled your party
The Lionesses. on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 727 viewsunion_jack

The Lionesses. on 14:00 - Aug 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Close.but no cigar.

Can see Australia winning this given home advantage.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Lionesses. on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 723 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 12:29 - Aug 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Your understanding is poor. People in the Soviet Union were "Soviets". People in the UK of GB&NI are "British" which includes presumably you and me.

Many foreigners call British people "English" because they are ignorant. They refer to the "English Government" which doe not exist. Turks do this routinely.

Georgians were Soviets but never Russian. Azerbaijanis were Soviet but never Russian. Ignorant English speakers called them Russian but were mistaken. Russians like the English are comfortable assimilating other cultures. Some Russians live in Georgia Azerbaijan and Kazakstan and may even like their kinfolk to annex parts of these countries.

Stalin was Georgian not Russian. This is something you do not seem to understand. What you have been told in the past was wrong. I have this trouble with Turks. They have a policy of assimilation in their own country and apply it to the UK. They have been taught UK is "ingiltere" . It is wrong but they refuse to be correct. Conservative people cannot adapt.

There is no football team called "Holland" . This team has never existed in history. Some say "But I have always called it Holland so that is that". They are ignorant and the Dutch do to seem to mind.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 12:30]

South Holland is a province of the Kingdom of the Netherlands .
Dutch people not denizens of Holland are pragmatic enough not to see it as an issue .
Even applies to people in Friesland and northern Netherlands

The Lionesses. on 14:27 - Aug 12 with 705 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 14:00 - Aug 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Close.but no cigar.

I know close but still a loser.

The Lionesses. on 14:40 - Aug 12 with 700 viewsmax936

The Lionesses. on 23:21 - Aug 7 by Fireboy2

I'm not bothered against people who want tue saes to win but when they allude that they are english when they are welsh it rankles me.

There are one or two on here are of neither nationalities, its clear that they are Aliens,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Lionesses. on 14:46 - Aug 12 with 697 viewsmax936

The Lionesses. on 12:06 - Aug 11 by Whiterockin

Two down, two to go

Well done for bringing the thread back to the thread title, its always the same ones that send thread off kilter by pathetically attempting to put posters right and being clearly wrong at that as well.

Wish I had control over the big red button!

Anyway we had both the Australia and England games on here and saw some excellent football from both games.

The Lionesses. on 14:53 - Aug 12 with 677 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 14:05 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

South Holland is a province of the Kingdom of the Netherlands .
Dutch people not denizens of Holland are pragmatic enough not to see it as an issue .
Even applies to people in Friesland and northern Netherlands

Thank you for agreeing with me. Holland is part of the Netherlands. I remember Clive Tylsesey calling it Holland and saying it was wrong but that what many Dutch call it. Totally unacceptable t for a national broadcaster ITV.

Say no to the dumbing down Swansea TV is trying with O'Connell and Wyndam who show not respect for opposition teams. What goes around comes around.

The Lionesses. on 14:54 - Aug 12 with 678 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 14:40 - Aug 12 by max936

There are one or two on here are of neither nationalities, its clear that they are Aliens,

I’m welsh
Wife English
Kids English
Grandkids English
Not pure blood
I ll live with it though as they are good people

Some that is posted on nation is is shaming for the whole country

Tip,never shite on your own doorstep. Don’t like a country then get the fork out

Well done lionesses

The Lionesses. on 14:56 - Aug 12 with 674 viewsmax936

The Lionesses. on 14:54 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

I’m welsh
Wife English
Kids English
Grandkids English
Not pure blood
I ll live with it though as they are good people

Some that is posted on nation is is shaming for the whole country

Tip,never shite on your own doorstep. Don’t like a country then get the fork out

Well done lionesses

Not on about you R

The Lionesses. on 15:04 - Aug 12 with 668 viewsSgorioFruit

England v Sweden final I think it will be.

Hopefully Sweden will do the business over them in the final.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Lionesses. on 15:16 - Aug 12 with 659 viewsmax936

The Lionesses. on 15:04 - Aug 12 by SgorioFruit

England v Sweden final I think it will be.

Hopefully Sweden will do the business over them in the final.

I hope England win myself, why not!

The Lionesses. on 15:25 - Aug 12 with 647 viewsJohnw102

The Lionesses. on 15:16 - Aug 12 by max936

I hope England win myself, why not!

Don’t forget we have English manager and 6/7 English in our starting line up perhaps we should ditch them and go Welsh players only.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Lionesses. on 15:28 - Aug 12 with 640 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 14:56 - Aug 12 by max936

Not on about you R

Yes I know S

The Lionesses. on 17:26 - Aug 12 with 602 viewslifelong

Did France have a Russian goalkeeper?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024