Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lionesses. 18:23 - Aug 1 with 16266 viewslifelong

Have roared into the last sixteen of the women’s World Cup.

The BBC are obviously delighted headlining the achievement on this evening’s news at 6.

More partying on the Wirral this evening I suspect.
The Lionesses. on 11:25 - Aug 18 with 927 viewsWhiterockin

The Lionesses. on 11:18 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Gwyn defends the right of our primarily English friends to taunt us with what the law call "aggravated racial disorderly conduct" . Absolutely filthy slurs.

Gwyn is little upset at Welsh total disinterest in a English minor sporting achievements. If they win it we will be obliged to call Lucy Bronze "Lady Lucinda of Bootle". Killy is then called a "xenophbic twerp".

Most people on here when accused of bestially do not complain or call it xenophobia. There is a weird Anglicised community on here (notionally "Swansea through and through ) who take no offence because they have no empathy with their Welsh community.

The same people expressing positivism for England s women team also say "It is Swansea over Wales for me all days of the week". Their support of the Wales team is notional and for show only it seems. The same people being of working class stock will have no truck with the English Rugby team whatsoever. Nothing like "oh lets hope the" Rosbifs" win will it i will be good to get more kids playing.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 11:20]

I will explain that to my granddaughters when they are cheering on England in the final as they do when Wales play. Incidentally if England played Wales obviously they would support Wales. I'm just so glad that the majority of the younger generation have an open mind are not as bigoted as some of their elders.
The Lionesses. on 12:30 - Aug 18 with 878 viewsraynor94

Gwyn defends the right of our primarily English friends to taunt us with what the law call "aggravated racial disorderly conduct" . Absolutely filthy slurs.

Gwyn is little upset at Welsh total disinterest in a English minor sporting achievements. If they win it we will be obliged to call Lucy Bronze "Lady Lucinda of Bootle". Killy is then called a "xenophbic twerp".

Most people on here when accused of bestially do not complain or call it xenophobia. There is a weird Anglicised community on here (notionally "Swansea through and through ) who take no offence because they have no empathy with their Welsh community.

The same people expressing positivism for England s women team also say "It is Swansea over Wales for me all days of the week". Their support of the Wales team is notional and for show only it seems. The same people being of working class stock will have no truck with the English Rugby team whatsoever. Nothing like "oh lets hope the" Rosbifs" win will it i will be good to get more kids playing.

Arghhh, another xenophobic twerp, you really need to get out of your cave more.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Lionesses. on 12:56 - Aug 18 with 863 viewsSullutaCreturned

"Gwyn is little upset at Welsh total disinterest in a English minor sporting achievements. If they win it we will be obliged to call Lucy Bronze "Lady Lucinda of Bootle".

There's is obviously some Welsh interest in this tourney because Welsh people are watching it. The lady Lucinda comment is just more nonsense, who has suggested that, besides you? A WORLD CUP final, a MINOR achievement? You truly are a WUM.

Kilky's hate for England is clear to see, we can praise Wales AND Australia but we are not allowed to praise England, it's spiteful, completely lacking any generosity of spirit.
There is no weird "anglicised" community on here that is just you being antagonistic towards people who disagree with you. What there is on here is some fair minded people who don't mind praising another team, that they are English doesn't matter. During this tourney I have praised Spain, Nigeria, Japan and yes, England.

The last paragraph, yet more childish nonsense. If the Womens final was on tv this Saturday at 3pm I would be down the Swans. As far as international football goes I have hardly watched any for ages, the mens version got boring, too much cheating, too much "me me me" in the mens game at the top level.
The women have been a breath of frsh air, less cheating, far fewer hystrionics or referee abuse and to be honest, better football than I was expecting. Football is in the entertainment industry see, if something is entertaing then people will watch it.

We see through you, you do realise that, don't you? You're WUM and a troll and I don't care if the MODS chastise me for saying so. If that actually isn't true then you are a person filled with spite.
The Lionesses. on 13:07 - Aug 18 with 851 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Women's football was remarkably popular and successful in early twentieth century Britain. The FA decided to effectively ban women's football in 1921. It has taken nearly 100 years for the women's game to become really popular again. In broader society women still lag behind men on issues like pay.
So what is there not to like about the success of the Lionesses? Well in the wonderful world of the internet, bigots and xenophobes bring their prejudice and ignorance, blissfully unaware that there may be something else than nationalism.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 13:09]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Lionesses. on 13:16 - Aug 18 with 842 viewspencoedjack

I hope the English woman's team manager gets the men's gig after Southgate.

People can enjoy the women's game as much as they like but it is totally different to the men's game & talking about equal pay is laughable.

The income generated by the men's game far outweighs that of the women's so why should they get equal pay?

Id imagine non league men's football is more expensive & personally Id rather go & watch that.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-much-do-womens-super-league-tickets-cos

If my granddaughter starts playing maybe my views will change but at the moment the clogging up of football pages with a substandard over promoted product is laughable.

They gave tickets away for the euros last year just to fill stadiums.
The Lionesses. on 13:20 - Aug 18 with 821 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 12:56 - Aug 18 by SullutaCreturned

"Gwyn is little upset at Welsh total disinterest in a English minor sporting achievements. If they win it we will be obliged to call Lucy Bronze "Lady Lucinda of Bootle".

There's is obviously some Welsh interest in this tourney because Welsh people are watching it. The lady Lucinda comment is just more nonsense, who has suggested that, besides you? A WORLD CUP final, a MINOR achievement? You truly are a WUM.

Kilky's hate for England is clear to see, we can praise Wales AND Australia but we are not allowed to praise England, it's spiteful, completely lacking any generosity of spirit.
There is no weird "anglicised" community on here that is just you being antagonistic towards people who disagree with you. What there is on here is some fair minded people who don't mind praising another team, that they are English doesn't matter. During this tourney I have praised Spain, Nigeria, Japan and yes, England.

The last paragraph, yet more childish nonsense. If the Womens final was on tv this Saturday at 3pm I would be down the Swans. As far as international football goes I have hardly watched any for ages, the mens version got boring, too much cheating, too much "me me me" in the mens game at the top level.
The women have been a breath of frsh air, less cheating, far fewer hystrionics or referee abuse and to be honest, better football than I was expecting. Football is in the entertainment industry see, if something is entertaing then people will watch it.

We see through you, you do realise that, don't you? You're WUM and a troll and I don't care if the MODS chastise me for saying so. If that actually isn't true then you are a person filled with spite.

Anglised !
Hell,my lot are mixed blood now.
What do I do.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Lionesses. on 13:30 - Aug 18 with 807 viewsjack247

He’s just an empty vessel who hates the English.
The Lionesses. on 13:36 - Aug 18 with 803 viewsonehunglow

If I were on the receiving end if that,I’d take to my bunker
Coruscating crashing critique
Well done

In fairness I’ve taken stick over my attitude towards some countries .

Login to get fewer ads

The Lionesses. on 13:54 - Aug 18 with 794 viewsjack247

The Lionesses. on 13:36 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

If I were on the receiving end if that,I’d take to my bunker
Coruscating crashing critique
Well done

In fairness I’ve taken stick over my attitude towards some countries .

Why anyone has an attitude towards any countries baffles me.

Sporting rivalry is brilliant. Any kind of prejudice towards countries is nuts.
The Lionesses. on 13:59 - Aug 18 with 790 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 13:54 - Aug 18 by jack247

Fair comment but we are humans and born into sin.

I live with it but nowadays keep it quiet

The Lionesses. on 15:48 - Aug 18 with 750 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 12:30 - Aug 18 by raynor94

Arghhh, another xenophobic twerp, you really need to get out of your cave more.

You need to look in the mirror. Xenophobic twerp and idiot and so on are words you use and prohibited on this forum. You call out people and your targets do not call you anything. They just question your thinking and mentality.

Football is one of those sports where local people support bigger teams from big urban cites 100's of mile away that are more successful and with no family links at all.

You could argue that when Man Utds or City do well that is great for the people of Manchester youth and we should all applaud it to get kids off the tough street of Stretford where self ingflicted hardships abound. Any one who does not agree is a "xenophobic twerp". United's success has had a great spin of success in Skewen.

Whoopie lets all rejoice. ............... Er no. Love England and make cheap shots for those Valley people. Tut tut.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 15:51]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Lionesses. on 16:00 - Aug 18 with 742 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 15:48 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

You need to look in the mirror. Xenophobic twerp and idiot and so on are words you use and prohibited on this forum. You call out people and your targets do not call you anything. They just question your thinking and mentality.

Football is one of those sports where local people support bigger teams from big urban cites 100's of mile away that are more successful and with no family links at all.

You could argue that when Man Utds or City do well that is great for the people of Manchester youth and we should all applaud it to get kids off the tough street of Stretford where self ingflicted hardships abound. Any one who does not agree is a "xenophobic twerp". United's success has had a great spin of success in Skewen.

Whoopie lets all rejoice. ............... Er no. Love England and make cheap shots for those Valley people. Tut tut.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 15:51]

Don’t start this “ young children read this site” garbage again trying to assume higher moral ground. You don’t .
Children ,bless them ,are not like those you grew up with in that valley, insular,naive and unworldly.The internet has changed all that . Salacious comments don’t really shock them anymore any more than naked flesh which they can view anytime on their devices.
The real world is what scares them,that which is outside their mobile phone. In that regard,their nativity is staggering .

What you post and have posted regarding English people and the country is rarely less than offensive albeit in a very subtle wY.
Cat has nailed you to the wall and you are squirming around like a recently squashed hedgehog on the A465 .

No offence to any spiky mammals reading .

The Lionesses. on 16:02 - Aug 18 with 739 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 13:54 - Aug 18 by jack247

I want England to win as much as most SCFC fans want Cardiff to beat Leicester city. An Anglicised minority some waving Union flags are telling me Kilkenny is a xenophobic twerp for wanting Espana to win.

Its just different gravy. Some fans have inter city rivalries and some have inter state rivalries. There is "strong xenophobic twerp" streak on this site against anything Cardiff based including Wol, BBC, WAG etc. They are largely the same people promoting love for the Lionesses.

This narrow way of thinking is declining over the decades actually this forum being the "final stand" of this "Test Match Special" mentality.

The Lionesses. on 16:14 - Aug 18 with 735 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 16:02 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

I want England to win as much as most SCFC fans want Cardiff to beat Leicester city. An Anglicised minority some waving Union flags are telling me Kilkenny is a xenophobic twerp for wanting Espana to win.

Its just different gravy. Some fans have inter city rivalries and some have inter state rivalries. There is "strong xenophobic twerp" streak on this site against anything Cardiff based including Wol, BBC, WAG etc. They are largely the same people promoting love for the Lionesses.

This narrow way of thinking is declining over the decades actually this forum being the "final stand" of this "Test Match Special" mentality.

Promoting love for the lionesses.
Jesus, you are not out on the ropes but out of them hanging pitifully by your fingers.
You me of Jess Willard in the first round against Dempsey

And this is in aid of Welshness.

Sickening

The Lionesses. on 16:14 - Aug 18 with 728 viewsjack247

Your first sentence, I’m exactly the same, as I alluded to earlier in this thread.

That’s where it stops for me. Unfortunately some are too blinkered to see the line between sporting rivalry and xenophobia. I want Cardiff to lose every game. I don’t have any animosity towards anyone there.
The Lionesses. on 16:15 - Aug 18 with 727 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 16:00 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Don’t start this “ young children read this site” garbage again trying to assume higher moral ground. You don’t .
Children ,bless them ,are not like those you grew up with in that valley, insular,naive and unworldly.The internet has changed all that . Salacious comments don’t really shock them anymore any more than naked flesh which they can view anytime on their devices.
The real world is what scares them,that which is outside their mobile phone. In that regard,their nativity is staggering .

What you post and have posted regarding English people and the country is rarely less than offensive albeit in a very subtle wY.
Cat has nailed you to the wall and you are squirming around like a recently squashed hedgehog on the A465 .

No offence to any spiky mammals reading .

You should not use four letter swear words on this site. It is very simple. Ironically on a Lionesses thread.

Even you have follow the rules and do not bend them despite your "top exile" status.

Keith has done well to clean up the language and the disastrous narrative that preceded his arrival which actually had bad effect on the team in my opinion.

The Lionesses. on 16:18 - Aug 18 with 726 viewsjack247

The Lionesses. on 16:15 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

You should not use four letter swear words on this site. It is very simple. Ironically on a Lionesses thread.

Even you have follow the rules and do not bend them despite your "top exile" status.

Keith has done well to clean up the language and the disastrous narrative that preceded his arrival which actually had bad effect on the team in my opinion.

The language on this site had a bad effect on the team?
The Lionesses. on 16:18 - Aug 18 with 724 viewsWhiterockin

You seem to spend an awful lot of your life digging, surely a sign of low esteem.
The Lionesses. on 16:22 - Aug 18 with 714 viewsGwyn737

Would you like to point out anywhere I’ve been a little upset at Welsh disinterest in England's achievements in the women’s World Cup?

As for the other gumph I’ve said many times it could be considered xenophobic.

It’s your daft stance on race I always challenge.

Edit: I’ve also said on this thread my ideal is for them to get to the final and lose.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2023 16:32]
The Lionesses. on 16:27 - Aug 18 with 696 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Lionesses. on 16:18 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

You seem to spend an awful lot of your life digging, surely a sign of low esteem.

I do not comment on your personality or that the flagman OHL or Raynor at all. Probably all nice people.

They all have a go at me personally for my arguments and insult my birthplace Resolven. You have lost the argument.

Go Lionesses go Cardiff City do not be a 'xenophobic twerp'. They are only down the road. No point in being parochial. Some SCFC fan out there want them both to lose or both to win.

The Lionesses. on 16:52 - Aug 18 with 674 viewsonehunglow

The Lionesses. on 16:15 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Oh good.
Let’s go down the seven word route then.
Are you suggesting “ children” don’t know any longer words .
Come to think of it, grunt is a five letter word

Flagman!

That s an offensive term to me . I ll check it out in Leviticus Chaoter 18. There’s 66 things in there that are ungodly,offensive and wrong .

The Lionesses. on 20:38 - Aug 18 with 635 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Lionesses. on 16:27 - Aug 18 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not comment on your personality or that the flagman OHL or Raynor at all. Probably all nice people.

They all have a go at me personally for my arguments and insult my birthplace Resolven. You have lost the argument.

Go Lionesses go Cardiff City do not be a 'xenophobic twerp'. They are only down the road. No point in being parochial. Some SCFC fan out there want them both to lose or both to win.

Has anybody actually insulted Resolven?

After all it's not Resolvens fault you were born there any more than it's Mumbles' fault I was born down there, I blame my parents...for lots of things

Have a go at you personally you say, have you never inulted any others then? You even suggested Matt LeTissier was thick for not choosing Wales. Did he even qualify for Wales?
The Lionesses. on 20:48 - Aug 18 with 627 viewsKeithHaynes

The Lionesses. on 20:38 - Aug 18 by SullutaCreturned

After all it's not Resolvens fault you were born there any more than it's Mumbles' fault I was born down there, I blame my parents...for lots of things

Have a go at you personally you say, have you never inulted any others then? You even suggested Matt LeTissier was thick for not choosing Wales. Did he even qualify for Wales?

I spent last night talking to an Irishman, then I found out he was an American, and his great great grandfather was his only connection.

That makes me Jamaican.

I know.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Lionesses. on 21:50 - Aug 18 with 594 viewsReslovenSwan1

i try not to insult other posters. I focus on the groups as a whole. Le Tissier was invited to play for Wales but as is his right declined as I recall it.

The Lioness supporting branch of this forum argued that most Welsh players would chose England if they were good enough. I pointed out that Brooks chose wales despite having other options. You would presumably call him foolish.

Le Tissier chose England but only played 8 games and only started one competitive game. He never scored an international goal. Some people might argue this was a foolish choice as he could have been better off with 100 cap for Wales.

I generally do not call individuals dim. I call groups dim. In football the fans generally navigate to the lowest common denomintor. It is just the way it is.

The Lionesses. on 21:51 - Aug 18 with 594 viewsonehunglow

I have.
At least I hope I have.
Forgot all about this game.
Not sure all males are watching it without salacious thoughts .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024