Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 22:48 - Aug 8 with 15167 viewsraynor94

Agreed to join Leeds on a season long loan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joe Rodon on 15:23 - Aug 14 with 1811 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon on 13:55 - Aug 14 by JackDragon

Leon Britton, Gylfi Sigurdsson. Do we consider them to be top players??? STID.
ps. I do

IMO you can be an international without being a top player, but you can't be a top player without being an international.
Joe Rodon on 16:24 - Aug 14 with 1758 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 13:55 - Aug 14 by JackDragon

Leon Britton, Gylfi Sigurdsson. Do we consider them to be top players??? STID.
ps. I do

It depends on your opinion but do you think Leon Britton was as good as DeBruyne is? I think Leon was under rated by most people outside Swansea and should have gotten an England cap.

Gylfi was also very good, thing is, we are discussing top Welsh players and how many we produce. Well when I say discussing, Kilky has made a claim and cannot back it up.

How many top players can you name that are Welsh?
Joe Rodon on 17:09 - Aug 14 with 1726 viewsmax936

Joe Rodon on 16:24 - Aug 14 by SullutaCreturned

It depends on your opinion but do you think Leon Britton was as good as DeBruyne is? I think Leon was under rated by most people outside Swansea and should have gotten an England cap.

Gylfi was also very good, thing is, we are discussing top Welsh players and how many we produce. Well when I say discussing, Kilky has made a claim and cannot back it up.

How many top players can you name that are Welsh?

Leon was our lynch pin and he brought Joey on there's absolutely no doubt about that, Leon broke the oppositions play up with remarkable regularity and got us going, Grimes is a massive down grade on Leon he's a tidy enough player, but nowhere near Leon's standard, nobody's mentioned Grimes I know, but still.

We've had some cracking players who did remarkably well for us.

De Bruyne shouldn't even be in this conversation, he's a different player to Leon and one of the Worlds best of his kind.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joe Rodon on 17:25 - Aug 14 with 1709 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 11:09 - Aug 14 by SullutaCreturned

Yes but even a top payer can fail at a club. Bale wasn't well liked at Real Madrid but he's still obviously a top player.

I'd say a top player is a first choice at a top club. Being an international for a small country is no barometer.

Rush and Hughes, Liverpool and Man Utd so top players. Chris Gunter has over 100 caps but surely only a fool would say he was a top player?

I think Wales had a better team in 1958 than we have ever had since. In 65 years we have never had as many top players in one side, usually 3-4 is all we manage. That's why we have co-opted some dubious Welshmen like Pat Van den Hauwe and Vinnie Jones.

For balance …. see Irelands Rice, Grealish and Bellingham currently being picked for England.
Of course they qualify - as per VdH and Vinny.
More understandable for small nations, dont you think ?
Blissett, Barnes and Sterling were all born in Jamaica. Many others not born in England.

Which of the 1958 team played at top clubs then ?
Dont get me wrong an outstanding welsh team.

The team of Rush, Hughes and Speed were man for man maybe better.
Likewise our 2016 heroes.
And the lads who made the last 8 of the Euros in 1976. Much forgotten due to format.

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon on 17:47 - Aug 14 with 1663 viewsReslovenSwan1

I do not understand the dislike of Gunter. He was a grafter and a tremendous team player and nice bloke to boot. He only playerd fr Cardiff for a couple of seasons.

Gunter changed the Wales team dynamic from players who were not bother about turning u for friendlies to reliable players who turned up rain or shine and delivered solid performances. Johny Williams another. Content to be on the bench occasionally he turned up and scored for a Nations league game v Bulgaria.

Paul Dummett did not get a look in as a Premier league regular but perhaps did not show the same level of commitment to the cause

£50m Brennan Johnson looks nothing like that value of player for Wales under Page.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon on 21:50 - Aug 14 with 1621 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 17:47 - Aug 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not understand the dislike of Gunter. He was a grafter and a tremendous team player and nice bloke to boot. He only playerd fr Cardiff for a couple of seasons.

Gunter changed the Wales team dynamic from players who were not bother about turning u for friendlies to reliable players who turned up rain or shine and delivered solid performances. Johny Williams another. Content to be on the bench occasionally he turned up and scored for a Nations league game v Bulgaria.

Paul Dummett did not get a look in as a Premier league regular but perhaps did not show the same level of commitment to the cause

£50m Brennan Johnson looks nothing like that value of player for Wales under Page.

That needed saying.

Well said.

Joe Rodon on 06:17 - Aug 15 with 1563 viewspencoedjack

Joe Rodon on 17:09 - Aug 14 by max936

Leon was our lynch pin and he brought Joey on there's absolutely no doubt about that, Leon broke the oppositions play up with remarkable regularity and got us going, Grimes is a massive down grade on Leon he's a tidy enough player, but nowhere near Leon's standard, nobody's mentioned Grimes I know, but still.

We've had some cracking players who did remarkably well for us.

De Bruyne shouldn't even be in this conversation, he's a different player to Leon and one of the Worlds best of his kind.

Grimes shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Leon Max.

I see the forum idiot continues to make a fool of himself.
Joe Rodon on 07:28 - Aug 15 with 1550 viewsraynor94

It's not dislike, he's quite obviously not a very good footballer.

Amazing you can win over 100 caps for being a good sort in the dressing room

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 08:04 - Aug 15 with 1537 viewsDr_Winston

International status is an accident of birth rather than a mark of quality. If you were a young footballer born in Rhyl you'd have a significantly higher chance of playing for your country than you would if you were born in Rio.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joe Rodon on 13:07 - Aug 15 with 1489 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 08:04 - Aug 15 by Dr_Winston

International status is an accident of birth rather than a mark of quality. If you were a young footballer born in Rhyl you'd have a significantly higher chance of playing for your country than you would if you were born in Rio.

International football is a benefit. In fact a benefit of being Welsh or even having Welsh heritage. If you are Welsh you have the privilege of an easier route to intentional football and even international tournaments.

Ashley Williams recognised this in his thick Brummie accent. He had Welsh ancestors "Whoopie happy days ". Euro 2016 Semi finalisit captain. Chwarae teg.

There is a young player at Wolves Chem Campbell. One u17 cap and declined to turn out. Perhaps he sees himself displacing Jack Grealish after his modest spell at Wycombe Wanderers. Good luck with that one. I do not understand why he does not go "all in".

The Anglophiles on here turn their nose's at Gunter but he is Wales's Gary Neville. Solid more than inspired. Every team needs these players. Neil Taylor another.

Wales are top 30 in the World which is well above average. I an see iterative improvement in Ollie Cooper and Cullen. Every season they are a little better. Cullen looks a lot harder to me and may have been in the gym. I want to see evidence of getting on the end of crosses. It may involve getting hurt. I think Page should play them both. They are in the mould of Ledley and Gunter.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 13:11]

Joe Rodon on 18:29 - Aug 15 with 1454 viewspencoedjack

Joe Rodon on 08:04 - Aug 15 by Dr_Winston

For those of us who honest enough to admit it (& it’s not anti Welsh) the majority of footballers born in England who decides to play for Wales because they have Welsh grandparents isn’t good enough to play for England.

As an example if Ash was good enough he would have played for England.
Joe Rodon on 18:35 - Aug 15 with 1448 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon on 18:29 - Aug 15 by pencoedjack

For those of us who honest enough to admit it (& it’s not anti Welsh) the majority of footballers born in England who decides to play for Wales because they have Welsh grandparents isn’t good enough to play for England.

As an example if Ash was good enough he would have played for England.

Which is where the other countries in the British isles gain.
Win Win.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon on 18:37 - Aug 15 with 1445 viewsmax936

Joe Rodon on 06:17 - Aug 15 by pencoedjack

Grimes shouldn’t be mentioned in the same sentence as Leon Max.

I see the forum idiot continues to make a fool of himself.

As i said Grimes is nowhere near the standard that Leon was.

Which idiot are you talking about

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Joe Rodon on 19:08 - Aug 15 with 1431 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who said they disliked Gunter? He got 100 caps precisely BECAUSE he turned up every time.

Craig Bellamy was a much better player who turned up too, injury got in his way a bit and he only managed 58 caps.

Do you think Gunter was better than Bellamy?

Now Brennan Johnson, not worth 50 million, that's what Forest value him at but has anybody offered anywhere near that? It's no different to us valuing Piroe at a price nobody will pay, he's only worth what someone will pay.
Joe Rodon on 19:11 - Aug 15 with 1428 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 13:07 - Aug 15 by ReslovenSwan1

International football is a benefit. In fact a benefit of being Welsh or even having Welsh heritage. If you are Welsh you have the privilege of an easier route to intentional football and even international tournaments.

Ashley Williams recognised this in his thick Brummie accent. He had Welsh ancestors "Whoopie happy days ". Euro 2016 Semi finalisit captain. Chwarae teg.

There is a young player at Wolves Chem Campbell. One u17 cap and declined to turn out. Perhaps he sees himself displacing Jack Grealish after his modest spell at Wycombe Wanderers. Good luck with that one. I do not understand why he does not go "all in".

The Anglophiles on here turn their nose's at Gunter but he is Wales's Gary Neville. Solid more than inspired. Every team needs these players. Neil Taylor another.

Wales are top 30 in the World which is well above average. I an see iterative improvement in Ollie Cooper and Cullen. Every season they are a little better. Cullen looks a lot harder to me and may have been in the gym. I want to see evidence of getting on the end of crosses. It may involve getting hurt. I think Page should play them both. They are in the mould of Ledley and Gunter.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 13:11]

You know, you've just proved my point for me AND it has nothing to do with being Anglophile either.

An easier route to international football is for bang average players, top players do not need an easier route.
Joe Rodon on 20:56 - Aug 15 with 1377 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 19:11 - Aug 15 by SullutaCreturned

You know, you've just proved my point for me AND it has nothing to do with being Anglophile either.

An easier route to international football is for bang average players, top players do not need an easier route.

Players of dual qualification can chose either it is up to them David Brooks for example. He chose Wales.

Why did he chose Wales?

In your narrative he chose Wales because he did not think he was good enough to play for England.

In Brooks's narrative he chose Wales because of the influence of his mother and he wanted to play for Wales not England.

Personally I will go with Brooks.

Matt Le Tissier was invited to play for Wales but chose England. I think he only started one full competitive game I read somewhere. He could have had 100 caps for Wales.

My narrative is that he probably regrets not picking Wales. He, it could be argued was not bright enough to pick Wales or had insufficient foresight. He would personally achieved a lot more. Banged in that penalty that Bodin missed for starters.

Your narrative is he wanted to play for England and was unlucky as a superb player not to be given a proper chance.

Wales did well recently because all the players wanted to be there. Some picked Anglosl have had the view that there is no point biding their time and want to be automatic picks.

Dummett and Boaz Myhill both quit rather than fight for their places. Myhill behind Hennessy would have been in the 2016 squad probably and played instead of a young Ward after Hennessy got injured. Coleman preferred Neil Taylor Giggs might have seen differently.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 21:05]

Joe Rodon on 21:12 - Aug 15 with 1371 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 19:08 - Aug 15 by SullutaCreturned

Who said they disliked Gunter? He got 100 caps precisely BECAUSE he turned up every time.

Craig Bellamy was a much better player who turned up too, injury got in his way a bit and he only managed 58 caps.

Do you think Gunter was better than Bellamy?

Now Brennan Johnson, not worth 50 million, that's what Forest value him at but has anybody offered anywhere near that? It's no different to us valuing Piroe at a price nobody will pay, he's only worth what someone will pay.

I have a feeling Liam Cullen is that sort of Gunter player.

He does what he is told to do.
He is a great team player
He is improving year on year
He works like a trojan
He will not let you down
He will not play ducks and drakes with contracts.
He loves he club
He will never be the best player.
He is a good guy.

Page should play Cullen Cabango and Cooper.

Joe Rodon on 18:15 - Aug 17 with 1295 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 20:56 - Aug 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Players of dual qualification can chose either it is up to them David Brooks for example. He chose Wales.

Why did he chose Wales?

In your narrative he chose Wales because he did not think he was good enough to play for England.

In Brooks's narrative he chose Wales because of the influence of his mother and he wanted to play for Wales not England.

Matt Le Tissier was invited to play for Wales but chose England. I think he only started one full competitive game I read somewhere. He could have had 100 caps for Wales.

My narrative is that he probably regrets not picking Wales. He, it could be argued was not bright enough to pick Wales or had insufficient foresight. He would personally achieved a lot more. Banged in that penalty that Bodin missed for starters.

Your narrative is he wanted to play for England and was unlucky as a superb player not to be given a proper chance.

Wales did well recently because all the players wanted to be there. Some picked Anglosl have had the view that there is no point biding their time and want to be automatic picks.

Dummett and Boaz Myhill both quit rather than fight for their places. Myhill behind Hennessy would have been in the 2016 squad probably and played instead of a young Ward after Hennessy got injured. Coleman preferred Neil Taylor Giggs might have seen differently.

Brooks is hardly going to state he chose Wales because he could get a cap but England wouldn't have picked him! Maybe that was a genuine reason but the truth is he wouldn't have gotten senior England caps because he's not good enough.

Le Tissier was a very good player, he certainly would have played for Wales. He didn't choose the easyy route to a cap though.

Now I dont have a narrative, I responded to your post BUT you say that LeTissier chose England because he wasn't bright enough to pick Wales. What the heck is that insulting nonsense about?

Maybe LeTissier decided he wasn't at all Welsh? In your world though, him not taking the easy route is about his intelligence. Typical of you. Anyone who makes a choice you disagree with makes them thick. Have a word with yourself. Maybe read this LeTiss interview and understand his choice,

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/le-tiss-the-ultimate-one-club-man/178

There you go, LeTiss worried about happiness over money which is why he ultimately never left Southampton. With 8 England caps he doesn't seem to regret the international choice either.

Just remember who it was on this thread who first said the easier route to a cap was to choose Wales.
Joe Rodon on 20:19 - Aug 17 with 1244 viewstheloneranger

Joe Rodon on 20:56 - Aug 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Why did he chose Wales?

Edit

Sorry, dates mixed up. 😂
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 20:27]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Joe Rodon on 22:33 - Aug 17 with 1159 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe Rodon on 19:11 - Aug 15 by SullutaCreturned

You miss the point.

Play for England and - unless you are Beckham or Gazza - you have a couple of caps and are almost instantly forgotten. The English gutter press want you to fail. The gammon supporters of other clubs hate on you.

Play for Cymru and the same player could have 50 plus caps. Be a hero for the rest of your life. Every achievement cheered to the rafters. And that anthem.

Why would you choose England ?

That said it really should be where the heart is, and i suspect the England players dont want to play for Brazil just cos Brazil have a realistic chance of winning something.

Joe Rodon on 13:13 - Aug 18 with 1078 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 22:33 - Aug 17 by Kilkennyjack

You miss the point.

Play for England and - unless you are Beckham or Gazza - you have a couple of caps and are almost instantly forgotten. The English gutter press want you to fail. The gammon supporters of other clubs hate on you.

Play for Cymru and the same player could have 50 plus caps. Be a hero for the rest of your life. Every achievement cheered to the rafters. And that anthem.

Why would you choose England ?

That said it really should be where the heart is, and i suspect the England players dont want to play for Brazil just cos Brazil have a realistic chance of winning something.

Not for the first time you are utterly wrong.

The "Englsih gutter press" don't want any England player to fail because it may mean the whole team does...they usually do mind.

Play for Cymru if you are not Welsh and you get derided by the gutter press for taking the easy route. Welsh supporters may love it but do Swansea fans love Bellamy, do Cardiff fans love Allen?

Choose England because you are English, it's that simple. Don't deign to play for Wales simply because you can claim to be an international. Vinnie Jones should never have been good enough for Wales just because he was 1/16th Welsh.

I'd rather Wales failed with a team of proper Welsh players than succeeded wth several footballing prostitutes.

Le Tiss is the exemplar there, one club, one country and with no regrets. He would easily have gotten in the Welsh team at the time but he's not Welsh so he didn't try.
Though why Resloven mentioned him I don't know, as far as I'm aware he didn't qualify for Wales anyway.
Joe Rodon on 17:13 - Aug 18 with 1038 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 13:13 - Aug 18 by SullutaCreturned

Not for the first time you are utterly wrong.

The "Englsih gutter press" don't want any England player to fail because it may mean the whole team does...they usually do mind.

Play for Cymru if you are not Welsh and you get derided by the gutter press for taking the easy route. Welsh supporters may love it but do Swansea fans love Bellamy, do Cardiff fans love Allen?

Choose England because you are English, it's that simple. Don't deign to play for Wales simply because you can claim to be an international. Vinnie Jones should never have been good enough for Wales just because he was 1/16th Welsh.

I'd rather Wales failed with a team of proper Welsh players than succeeded wth several footballing prostitutes.

Le Tiss is the exemplar there, one club, one country and with no regrets. He would easily have gotten in the Welsh team at the time but he's not Welsh so he didn't try.
Though why Resloven mentioned him I don't know, as far as I'm aware he didn't qualify for Wales anyway.

If we had your attitude we would be an embarrassment to the world of football.

What is the problem in searching for players who have parents or grandparents who are Welsh, I'd guess that they will have had a little bit of influence of their ancestry from said passionate parents or grandparents, you actually know one of them 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Joe Rodon on 20:13 - Aug 18 with 1000 viewsbuilthjack

Starts for Leeds tonight

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Joe Rodon on 20:23 - Aug 18 with 990 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joe Rodon on 17:13 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

If we had your attitude we would be an embarrassment to the world of football.

What is the problem in searching for players who have parents or grandparents who are Welsh, I'd guess that they will have had a little bit of influence of their ancestry from said passionate parents or grandparents, you actually know one of them 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Hang on now, there's an irony in this situation. I have seen many times Resloven use the term anglophile and you have used it too. It seems though, you don't mind the English in Wales when they make the Welsh team better?

When Vinnie Jones became a proud Welshman, even learning the national anthem, I pretty much gave up on international football.
Joe Rodon on 22:13 - Aug 18 with 954 viewsFireboy2

Joe Rodon on 20:23 - Aug 18 by SullutaCreturned

Hang on now, there's an irony in this situation. I have seen many times Resloven use the term anglophile and you have used it too. It seems though, you don't mind the English in Wales when they make the Welsh team better?

When Vinnie Jones became a proud Welshman, even learning the national anthem, I pretty much gave up on international football.

As you well know my eldest is a keen sportsman and born in england.

If he was a decent championship footballer who do you think he would want to play for?

It's all about how they are brought up.

There are alot of players who have played for wales who weren't born in wales and aren't the best but have been persuaded not only by the likes of Brian Flynn but by their passionate parents or grandparents.

They have seen the family environment that we have and thought, yes I like that, i want to be part of that rather than trying to wait out for a chance to play just the once for the saes, then thrown on the rubbish pile.

It's the way it has been like that for quite a while, it doesn't bother me as my boy would he in the same position, I just wish that he was good enough but even going to the u16 RL trials for wales made me proud 😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024