Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Away Reflection’s 18:52 - Aug 12 with 2739 viewsbluenwhite10

What a difference a week makess in football The line up looked the best we could put out with what was available and I must say what a difference one player made Steve Cook. Calm composed and organised the players around and his positioning was spot on. The 1st half we looked so comfortable but I was a little concerned as the half progressed that we nothing to show for it but Paul Smyth gambled on a potential error and got his reward and put a quality ball in that Sinclair finished. As expected at the start of the second half Cardiff came at us and we all knew that Cardiff would not be as bad in the second half as they where in the 1st but we got a break and showed great strength pace and then composure to lay the ball off to Kenneth to finish. When Cardiff scored it was one way traffic and yes we rode how luck at times but our 1st half performance earned that. Only negative I can think of today is the substitute we made today which was forced showed and highlighted a lack of strength of depth in the squad. Top performers Smyth, Cook, Fox, Ozzie and Chair…but my Man of the Match was Sinclair…I had a horrible feeling today with it being Ramsey Cardiff homecoming but.Well Done and 3 points towards safety…on another note if we do get Danny Barth from Sunderland if opens up the option of 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs which is an option not out there with the current squad but you can’t get Paul Smyth in the team if you play with wing backs and that takes a lot of the pace out of the team especially if Armstrong is not playing Up the R’s and enjoy the evening
Cardiff Away Reflection’s on 19:08 - Aug 12 with 2573 viewsdmm

Thanks for your report but today we played with 3 CBs - Kakay, Cook and Fox - and Smyth played at RWB.
Cardiff Away Reflection’s on 19:28 - Aug 12 with 2412 viewsbluenwhite10

Thank you for your comments. In the 1st half it seemed like a 4 back but I agree with you that in the 2nd it seemed that Smyth had instructions to play as a wing back which seemed to invite them onto us a bit
Cardiff Away Reflection’s on 19:44 - Aug 12 with 2293 viewsswisscottage

Cardiff Away Reflection’s on 19:28 - Aug 12 by bluenwhite10

Thank you for your comments. In the 1st half it seemed like a 4 back but I agree with you that in the 2nd it seemed that Smyth had instructions to play as a wing back which seemed to invite them onto us a bit

It was definitely 3 at the back from the start with Smyth running his backside off as RWB. The contrast in our organisation was markedly worse when he was taken off and Albert was brought on, contributing to the Cardiff goal
Cardiff Away Reflection’s on 20:45 - Aug 12 with 1998 viewsbluenwhite10

Albert did struggle when he came on I really do agree with you on that one
Cardiff Away Reflection’s on 21:44 - Aug 12 with 1789 viewsOutintheOrne

Albert needs to stop playing now. He was even more of a liability today than he has been recently and that's saying something. Great win though, Smyth great at wingback and the new boys in a 3 at back give me hope. Cook organised Kakay really well too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024