Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spuds 20:51 - Nov 6 with 8725 viewsToast_R

Haven't seen an implosion quite like this since Mitrovich went all Schwarzenegger at Old Trafford in the Cup.

1 up, looking formidable and then suddenly chose violence.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 20:53]
Spuds on 17:25 - Nov 7 with 1304 viewscharmr

Bugs me all this fingers on the lips ssshing they give to the crowd, Abrahams is such a t wat.

Very brave doing that when protected in a premier league game. Do that in a regular game without that security and someone will try to shut you up.

As for VAR, managers screamed for it, now they don’t like it. Fcuk ‘‘em just trying to save face and not get fired. No one ever mentions especially to Arteta that you just played 90+ mins and never managed to score a goal.

As for handball, every time it hits a hand when I ref the shouting gallery let you know. Practically impossible to call under the current law.
Spuds on 18:55 - Nov 7 with 1196 viewspaulparker

Spuds on 16:37 - Nov 7 by traininvain

The biggest problem with it all is that you have state owned football clubs in the Premiership while our best refs (admittedly low bar) are being paid by the same owners to referee games in UAE, Saudi etc.

I’m not saying that it’s corrupt but the Premiership has inadvertently created this situation by allowing state ownership of football clubs.

Irrespective of whether it’s anything dodgy, it’s a massive conflict of interest and any time Newcastle or Man City benefit from a dubious decision (been a few recently) it’s naturally going to lead to some scepticism and anger as to what’s actually going on.

Glad someone has called this out
I mentioned this to someone at work today that the only 2 clubs that are never at the wrong end of VAR are City & Newcastle, what do they have in common oh yes Saudi backed
In years to come I guarantee that match fixing will rear it’s head about certain clubs and these two will be out the front of it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Spuds on 19:26 - Nov 7 with 1164 viewsKonk

Spuds on 16:37 - Nov 7 by traininvain

The biggest problem with it all is that you have state owned football clubs in the Premiership while our best refs (admittedly low bar) are being paid by the same owners to referee games in UAE, Saudi etc.

I’m not saying that it’s corrupt but the Premiership has inadvertently created this situation by allowing state ownership of football clubs.

Irrespective of whether it’s anything dodgy, it’s a massive conflict of interest and any time Newcastle or Man City benefit from a dubious decision (been a few recently) it’s naturally going to lead to some scepticism and anger as to what’s actually going on.

Yep, Clattenburg and Webb were both head of refereeing in Saudi - you don’t have to be a conspiracy-loon to agree that it’s not a great look to have states owning English clubs, when those countries also offer PL refs the potential to one day earn £300k pa to oversee their country’s reffing or earn a nice ‘consultancy’ gig along the same lines.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Spuds on 19:46 - Nov 7 with 1144 viewsMick_S

Spuds on 19:26 - Nov 7 by Konk

Yep, Clattenburg and Webb were both head of refereeing in Saudi - you don’t have to be a conspiracy-loon to agree that it’s not a great look to have states owning English clubs, when those countries also offer PL refs the potential to one day earn £300k pa to oversee their country’s reffing or earn a nice ‘consultancy’ gig along the same lines.

Top end football really is fecked. It’s not a drama, it really is. Not getting any more equitable, it can’t because of the money. I love the championship; thrill of the chase etc.

God, its dull. Rangers for us, Fulham and Bristol for you, with your son. Nothing else is worth a watch. I tried with Spurs/that lot last night, but it became too complicated. It’s all been said before, but it’s just not working.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Spuds on 08:53 - Nov 8 with 973 viewsTheChef

Spuds on 18:55 - Nov 7 by paulparker

Glad someone has called this out
I mentioned this to someone at work today that the only 2 clubs that are never at the wrong end of VAR are City & Newcastle, what do they have in common oh yes Saudi backed
In years to come I guarantee that match fixing will rear it’s head about certain clubs and these two will be out the front of it

Well City are Qatar owned, but it's all petrodollars in the end.

As the great Bobbi Flekman once said, "money talks, bullsh1t walks".

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Spuds on 10:23 - Nov 8 with 926 viewsCamberleyR

Spuds on 08:53 - Nov 8 by TheChef

Well City are Qatar owned, but it's all petrodollars in the end.

As the great Bobbi Flekman once said, "money talks, bullsh1t walks".

City are Abu Dhabi/UAE aren't they? But as you say all petrodollars. Think Qatar own Paris St Germain.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Spuds on 22:24 - Nov 8 with 793 viewsNewBee

Spuds on 01:43 - Nov 7 by Hoopsie

Jackson’s hat-trick goals were score virtually in the same manner, an incisive pass from the right that cut through a static high spurs back line of 2 defenders at almost the centre circle, no chance the keeper.

Wonder why they did that high defending, 3 times punished, thought you would have parked the bus to salvage a draw 2 men down. Literally suicidal tactics, could have done a GA style back to wall defending here

His first goal smell of offside mind
[Post edited 7 Nov 2023 1:47]

When a team is playing for an hour with 10 men, then 35 mins with 9 and both reds were defenders, plus their other main CB had gone off injured at H-T, I'd say he lacked the players to defend.

Besides which, holding out til the 75th minute before going 2-1 down, then conceding two only in injury time, if he'd done that with a conventional "drag everyone back and defend for your lives" set-up, then everyone would have said that was a valiant effort.

But he achieved that with a high line, which damned nearly pulled it back, since it allowed for Dier's (narrowly) disallowed "goal" and Bentancur's attempt.

Which I think the Spurs fans in attendance appreciated, seeing as they applauded their team off the field.

After they'd been beaten 4-1. At home. To Chelsea.
Spuds on 22:28 - Nov 8 with 790 viewsNewBee

Spuds on 10:23 - Nov 8 by CamberleyR

City are Abu Dhabi/UAE aren't they? But as you say all petrodollars. Think Qatar own Paris St Germain.

Must admit I was shocked, though not surprised, to see that PSG are opening a Superstore on Oxford Street.

I know it's not rational, but I was actually quite angered by this. Am I the only one?
Login to get fewer ads

Spuds on 22:35 - Nov 8 with 781 viewsdaveB

Spuds on 22:28 - Nov 8 by NewBee

Must admit I was shocked, though not surprised, to see that PSG are opening a Superstore on Oxford Street.

I know it's not rational, but I was actually quite angered by this. Am I the only one?

no ideas why they want a shop in London though, they are shit and you can buy their shirt at Sports Direct if you want it
Spuds on 22:47 - Nov 8 with 775 viewsNewBee

Spuds on 22:35 - Nov 8 by daveB

no ideas why they want a shop in London though, they are shit and you can buy their shirt at Sports Direct if you want it

All to do with "The Brand", innit.

Meanwhile, all those middle-class kids, who probably go to rugby-playing schools anyhow, will be delighted to enjoy "The Experience" of shopping in a big store and persuading Daddy to spend £200 on overpriced tat for this week's Saturday outing.

Until Mbappe signs for Real, at which point young Tristram will turn his attention to Formula 1 (or whatever).

Besides which, the club's owners can doubtless afford to underwrite any loss which this might incur.

You know, for the sake of "The Brand"...
Spuds on 07:53 - Nov 9 with 693 viewsngbqpr

Spuds on 17:25 - Nov 7 by charmr

Bugs me all this fingers on the lips ssshing they give to the crowd, Abrahams is such a t wat.

Very brave doing that when protected in a premier league game. Do that in a regular game without that security and someone will try to shut you up.

As for VAR, managers screamed for it, now they don’t like it. Fcuk ‘‘em just trying to save face and not get fired. No one ever mentions especially to Arteta that you just played 90+ mins and never managed to score a goal.

As for handball, every time it hits a hand when I ref the shouting gallery let you know. Practically impossible to call under the current law.

I coach & ref a shedload of u7 & u8 games.

Kids doing the 'shhh' celebration to the other team's parents now creeping in!

I call it out every time, but have seen other matches where it's let go - presumably cos "it's what real footballers do."

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Spuds on 08:58 - Nov 9 with 636 viewsTheChef

Spuds on 22:47 - Nov 8 by NewBee

All to do with "The Brand", innit.

Meanwhile, all those middle-class kids, who probably go to rugby-playing schools anyhow, will be delighted to enjoy "The Experience" of shopping in a big store and persuading Daddy to spend £200 on overpriced tat for this week's Saturday outing.

Until Mbappe signs for Real, at which point young Tristram will turn his attention to Formula 1 (or whatever).

Besides which, the club's owners can doubtless afford to underwrite any loss which this might incur.

You know, for the sake of "The Brand"...

I didn't think the middle class existed anymore?

You're either filthy rich or dirt poor?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024