Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 14:49 - Jan 1 with 68228 viewsKeithHaynes

First speculation from our Trystan on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:22 - Jan 19 with 3377 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:17 - Jan 19 by jackrmee

So was Duff in on it?
I mean, maybe Gletcher was further down the pecking order for a shot in the first team, but couldn’t he just say “the boy can’t play”?

I would be very surprised if he wasn’t or he would have played him, he deserved at least a chance. There wasn’t any skullduggery going on they just chose to say nothing. When the clamour for him to get a squad place was at its height, they sent him home for some turkey.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:55 - Jan 20 with 3208 viewsKeithHaynes

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:22 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

I would be very surprised if he wasn’t or he would have played him, he deserved at least a chance. There wasn’t any skullduggery going on they just chose to say nothing. When the clamour for him to get a squad place was at its height, they sent him home for some turkey.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61744/swansea-we-are-at-

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:03 - Jan 20 with 3197 viewsbuilthjack

The way he has been talking, by Feb 1st, we should have 4 or 5 better players.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:49 - Jan 20 with 3060 viewsmax936

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:03 - Jan 20 by builthjack

The way he has been talking, by Feb 1st, we should have 4 or 5 better players.

Can you honestly see that happening Builthy?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 15:39 - Jan 20 with 2905 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:53 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

This is just what I’ve been told, rightly or wrongly.
Fletcher wasn’t on a contract that enabled him to play for the first team.
Levien never planned for him to do so.
Clearance papers would have been an issue, although not prohibitive.
He desperately wanted a pro contract but Levien and co wouldn’t allow it.
They have plans for him at DC Utd. That may include a proper loan back, who can say 🤷🏻‍♂️

He has stated he does not want to play in the USA. He target is Europe and he does not have a long contract. Levien knows that in order for their player to be an asset in the "management group" they have to keep him sweet an find a home for him in Europe,

SWANSEA HAVE A WRETCHED RECORD OF ALLOWING STRIKERS SIGNED TO WALK OUT OF THE DOOR. Whitaker Goykeres Fetcher. None were up to scratch but Lowe, Yates and Cullen are. These are honest battlers nothing more.

Something is not right with the technical decision makers and they are not USA citizens.
As a Swansea fan I want Fletcher to be at Swansea not Coventry.

Swansea were having a look at him with a view to signing this month. Duff was not particularly impressed. Duff was thinking short terms as is everybody else. He was thinking self preservation not the future.

Swansea players learned some harsh lesson today with their post teenage loans getting ripped up a 'good un'. Those lesson will be taken back to Arsenal (Patino), Brighton (Rushworth) , Chelsea (Humphreys) and Newcastle (Ashby). They will be stronger and Swansea will be weaker. Club culture is weak and working to the benefit of the English ruling elite.

Posters say he was not on trial. Duff clearly stated he was on trial. On trial for what? Here are his words in black and white.

DUFFS words in December 2023.

"Ultimately a decision will need to be made in January [at the end of his current loan]. But at the minute there's still a lot to do. He was one of the ones to come up the other day and he looked okay.

"But they all did okay. I think it's unfair on him [some of the speculation] and unfair on some of the others, because I think a couple of the others are probably actually ahead of him.

"They're young players. With social media now, you don't want him to go 'I've made it'. Essentially he's on trial and we need to keep looking at him. Keep putting him in the environment and ultimately we'll make a decision."

He has gone and "we" made a decision. Another bad one I suggest.
[Post edited 20 Jan 15:49]

Wise sage since Toshack era

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 15:50 - Jan 20 with 2874 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 15:39 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

He has stated he does not want to play in the USA. He target is Europe and he does not have a long contract. Levien knows that in order for their player to be an asset in the "management group" they have to keep him sweet an find a home for him in Europe,

SWANSEA HAVE A WRETCHED RECORD OF ALLOWING STRIKERS SIGNED TO WALK OUT OF THE DOOR. Whitaker Goykeres Fetcher. None were up to scratch but Lowe, Yates and Cullen are. These are honest battlers nothing more.

Something is not right with the technical decision makers and they are not USA citizens.
As a Swansea fan I want Fletcher to be at Swansea not Coventry.

Swansea were having a look at him with a view to signing this month. Duff was not particularly impressed. Duff was thinking short terms as is everybody else. He was thinking self preservation not the future.

Swansea players learned some harsh lesson today with their post teenage loans getting ripped up a 'good un'. Those lesson will be taken back to Arsenal (Patino), Brighton (Rushworth) , Chelsea (Humphreys) and Newcastle (Ashby). They will be stronger and Swansea will be weaker. Club culture is weak and working to the benefit of the English ruling elite.

Posters say he was not on trial. Duff clearly stated he was on trial. On trial for what? Here are his words in black and white.

DUFFS words in December 2023.

"Ultimately a decision will need to be made in January [at the end of his current loan]. But at the minute there's still a lot to do. He was one of the ones to come up the other day and he looked okay.

"But they all did okay. I think it's unfair on him [some of the speculation] and unfair on some of the others, because I think a couple of the others are probably actually ahead of him.

"They're young players. With social media now, you don't want him to go 'I've made it'. Essentially he's on trial and we need to keep looking at him. Keep putting him in the environment and ultimately we'll make a decision."

He has gone and "we" made a decision. Another bad one I suggest.
[Post edited 20 Jan 15:49]

We were not having a look with a view to signing this month, totally untrue.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:08 - Jan 20 with 2808 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 15:50 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

We were not having a look with a view to signing this month, totally untrue.

"We will ultimately make a decision"

What decision? To send him h back on British Airways or Virgin?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:18 - Jan 20 with 2782 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:08 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

"We will ultimately make a decision"

What decision? To send him h back on British Airways or Virgin?

Duff was on a different wavelength to Fletchers DC owners. You do understand that he was on loan to the u21s only and was never allowed to play 1st team football. He was on loan to develop as a DC asset. I admit I was not aware of this until it was pointed out to me by someone who understood the facts regarding the loan. I was critical of Fletcher returning home for thanksgiving when close to first team selection. It is clear now that selection was never going to happen so the holiday had no impact on either club or personal development.
Login to get fewer ads

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:34 - Jan 20 with 2720 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:18 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

Duff was on a different wavelength to Fletchers DC owners. You do understand that he was on loan to the u21s only and was never allowed to play 1st team football. He was on loan to develop as a DC asset. I admit I was not aware of this until it was pointed out to me by someone who understood the facts regarding the loan. I was critical of Fletcher returning home for thanksgiving when close to first team selection. It is clear now that selection was never going to happen so the holiday had no impact on either club or personal development.

Duff stated there was a decision to make in January when the loan was complete. That was a decision to give him a permanent contract and a place i the first team squad subject to an agreement with Levien, Fletcher himself and he club.

We know for reports that Fletcher was keen to stay (WoL). Duff was not that keen saying he was behind one or two others (Wilson Smith Parker). Levien might have been keen on the right terms.

Levien talked of him returning only after Duff's ( "he is OK") comments. 17 goals in two or three months. (Phenomenal)

This is a recurring pattern. Managers not rating real striker talent already in the building. It is a Swansea problem not a USA one. Goykeres /Whitaker / Fletcher. £60m + £10m + £xm?

Lowe and Cullen have seen them all off and that is all that is left. No upside there. Both out of contract and not that great.

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:48 - Jan 20 with 2690 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:34 - Jan 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Duff stated there was a decision to make in January when the loan was complete. That was a decision to give him a permanent contract and a place i the first team squad subject to an agreement with Levien, Fletcher himself and he club.

We know for reports that Fletcher was keen to stay (WoL). Duff was not that keen saying he was behind one or two others (Wilson Smith Parker). Levien might have been keen on the right terms.

Levien talked of him returning only after Duff's ( "he is OK") comments. 17 goals in two or three months. (Phenomenal)

This is a recurring pattern. Managers not rating real striker talent already in the building. It is a Swansea problem not a USA one. Goykeres /Whitaker / Fletcher. £60m + £10m + £xm?

Lowe and Cullen have seen them all off and that is all that is left. No upside there. Both out of contract and not that great.

Duff is no longer here so his opinion on Fletcher is no longer valid, even though I'm sure he was not aware of decisions made by senior management, "background noises". If your assumptions are correct then Fletcher will be a Swansea player by the end of the month, if not he will continue to progress at DC as it is clearly their priority.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:49 - Jan 20 with 2677 viewsonehunglow

Jerry Heyes to go out on loan to Bala Town

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 17:54 - Jan 20 with 2597 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:48 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

Duff is no longer here so his opinion on Fletcher is no longer valid, even though I'm sure he was not aware of decisions made by senior management, "background noises". If your assumptions are correct then Fletcher will be a Swansea player by the end of the month, if not he will continue to progress at DC as it is clearly their priority.

People on this forum say he was not on trial. I said he was on trial and the Manager of Swansea city said he was on trial. He has gone home.

Wriggle all you like. "The manger was not aware etc......... " OK then - you were on point and he was not on the case. Not very realistic.

Fletcher read Goykeres. Fetcher read Whitaker. I am a fan and do not understand what the club is doing. All roads lead to Lowe and Cullen who are average.
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:23]

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:40 - Jan 20 with 2516 viewsnantywatcher

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 16:49 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Jerry Heyes to go out on loan to Bala Town

Bala are arguing how much compensation we are going to pay them. £2million shredded and slung down the toilet.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 20:18 - Jan 20 with 2418 viewsQJumpingJack

Gyokeres is being linked to Chelsea for £73m.

He did not impress me when he was with us.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:30 - Jan 20 with 2320 viewsmax936

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 20:18 - Jan 20 by QJumpingJack

Gyokeres is being linked to Chelsea for £73m.

He did not impress me when he was with us.

Now you've gone and done it

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:32 - Jan 20 with 2307 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:30 - Jan 20 by max936

Now you've gone and done it

He was still shite for us.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:41 - Jan 20 with 2280 views3swan

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:32 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

He was still shite for us.

Exactly

If he showed promise why did Brighton send him out on loan again and then sell him without him playing a game for them.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:46 - Jan 20 with 2254 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:41 - Jan 20 by 3swan

Exactly

If he showed promise why did Brighton send him out on loan again and then sell him without him playing a game for them.

Exactly anyone who says they could see his potential at the time is a liar.
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:49 - Jan 20 with 2159 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:46 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

Heyes has had more chances

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 05:48 - Jan 21 with 2045 viewsblackpooljack

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:49 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Heyes has had more chances

He's called Yates ffs
🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:46 - Jan 21 with 1900 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 05:48 - Jan 21 by blackpooljack

He's called Yates ffs

It’s my humour mun.
Yiu have obviously never heard of Jerry Heyes.
That ok
How is Blackpool these days .
Tried that terrific vegan cafe by the ground yet?

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:48 - Jan 21 with 1888 viewsonehunglow

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:40 - Jan 20 by nantywatcher

Bala are arguing how much compensation we are going to pay them. £2million shredded and slung down the toilet.

Ok then,Cammell Lairds FC but west Cheshire is a. Tough league and Jerry might be whacked by some hairy arsed centre halves who spend their working work unblocking toilets and drains .

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 12:13 - Jan 21 with 1752 viewsmax936

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:48 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Ok then,Cammell Lairds FC but west Cheshire is a. Tough league and Jerry might be whacked by some hairy arsed centre halves who spend their working work unblocking toilets and drains .

They may spend their working week walking the beat to

Or Baking bread at the local Bakers

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:39 - Jan 21 with 1438 viewsReslovenSwan1

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 21:46 - Jan 20 by Whiterockin

I did an am not a liar. He had a good solid game when he scored his only goal v Stevenage. He was not useless he was "RAW" with a big upside potential.

Garrick playing RWB went down the left and put in a near post cross. Goykeres got in front of the keeper and tucked it away beautifully. Routledge scored the first after Viks assist. Big Vic blotted his copy book by giving away a penalty.

Big raw well trained centre forward are rare. There is no quality 6ft + centre forward in Wales since John Hartson. Moore and Vokes are Anglos. Iwan Morgan be might be the next or big 'kid' Crole from Cardiff. Swansea u21 predictably had no one up from v TNS. (no surprise there).

I saw Ante Rajkovics debut and thought he was dreadfull back in the 1980s.

Cooper said "There is a god player in there" then sent him back. He was not acting in the clubs long term interest because he knew he was already thinking of going.

[Post edited 21 Jan 18:50]

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 19:17 - Jan 21 with 1366 viewsWhiterockin

🔴 January Transfer Window 2024 on 18:39 - Jan 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I did an am not a liar. He had a good solid game when he scored his only goal v Stevenage. He was not useless he was "RAW" with a big upside potential.

Garrick playing RWB went down the left and put in a near post cross. Goykeres got in front of the keeper and tucked it away beautifully. Routledge scored the first after Viks assist. Big Vic blotted his copy book by giving away a penalty.

Big raw well trained centre forward are rare. There is no quality 6ft + centre forward in Wales since John Hartson. Moore and Vokes are Anglos. Iwan Morgan be might be the next or big 'kid' Crole from Cardiff. Swansea u21 predictably had no one up from v TNS. (no surprise there).

I saw Ante Rajkovics debut and thought he was dreadfull back in the 1980s.

Cooper said "There is a god player in there" then sent him back. He was not acting in the clubs long term interest because he knew he was already thinking of going.

[Post edited 21 Jan 18:50]

Really, I wonder who posted this.

Stevenage v Swansea City : FA Cup 3rd Round : Sat 9th Jan 2021 TEAM NEWS on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 1048 views ReslovenSwan1

I am disapointed Swansea were abolutey no threat on the break in the last 20 mins. No pace from Vic or Cullen. Garrick if moved into the middle would have given them more problems. Cullen Wales U21 Vic Swedish international. I would take Garrick over both of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024