Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation 20:29 - Feb 26 with 582 viewsburnsieespana

45/46 points has usually been enough to avoid the dreaded drop.
With Doncaster, Salford, Swindon within 6 or 7 points of that figure how many points do we believe we will need to escape relegation?

Relegation on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 572 viewsgerry_us

Enough of these negative thoughts please.
[Post edited 26 Feb 21:01]
Relegation on 20:43 - Feb 26 with 569 viewsdurham_exile

Burnsie
I've always thought that 48 points would be sufficient.

We wasted a chance to relegate Sutton at the weekend but that point will be important.

We must continue to avoid further defeats but it is about time that we convert draws into victories.

Starting at Moor Lane tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Relegation on 21:18 - Feb 26 with 549 viewsfranksic1988

We only realistically needed to beat FG Rovers at home and beat Sutton away. Something you would think that was more than achievable. They are the 2 under us. They’re like 6 pointers…. I 100% believe we will stay up. But if things do not start to pick up, will be more of a reflection on how poor the 2 relegated teams were, than anything we done.
Relegation on 11:19 - Feb 27 with 467 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Over the last 28 seasons in League Two:

- 46 points has been the average number of points achieved by the team in 22nd place
- 43 points has been the average number of points achieved by the team in 23rd place
- Of the last 56 relegated clubs 13 (23%) achieved 46 points or more
- Barnet were relegated with 51 points in 2012-13 and Bristol Rovers relegated with 50 points the following season. The only occasions a team with 50+ points has been relegated.

If we can get to 46 points then one of Forest Green or Sutton have got to get to 47 probably which is another 21 and 24 points respectively. Not impossible but it does seem a big ask given their current positions and points tally. I would agree that it's two from from four to go down and personally I'd love to have bit more breathing space between us and the bottom two right now.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Relegation on 16:29 - Feb 27 with 401 viewsTheOldOakTree

Relegation on 11:19 - Feb 27 by RSCOSWORTH

Over the last 28 seasons in League Two:

- 46 points has been the average number of points achieved by the team in 22nd place
- 43 points has been the average number of points achieved by the team in 23rd place
- Of the last 56 relegated clubs 13 (23%) achieved 46 points or more
- Barnet were relegated with 51 points in 2012-13 and Bristol Rovers relegated with 50 points the following season. The only occasions a team with 50+ points has been relegated.

If we can get to 46 points then one of Forest Green or Sutton have got to get to 47 probably which is another 21 and 24 points respectively. Not impossible but it does seem a big ask given their current positions and points tally. I would agree that it's two from from four to go down and personally I'd love to have bit more breathing space between us and the bottom two right now.

When you add on the points we get for having a Cat 2 Academy and for having more coaches than National Express, I’m sure we will be safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024