Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Swift phenomenon 08:57 - Jun 7 with 1553 viewsonehunglow

Anyone get this ?
I seem to be missing out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 22:10 - Jun 7 with 570 viewsWhiterockin

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 22:02 - Jun 7 by JumpingJackFlash

I’d put Bonnie Raitt above Stevie Nicks and Carole King above virtually all of them.

Carole King, James Taylor and Neil Young is my youth. Oh my the memories.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 23:16 - Jun 7 with 533 viewsonehunglow

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 22:10 - Jun 7 by Whiterockin

Carole King, James Taylor and Neil Young is my youth. Oh my the memories.

They were names off the top of my head
You want more, I could list 100 better than Swift including Alma Cogan and Cleo Laine

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 08:34 - Jun 8 with 495 viewsunion_jack

This bloody tour seems to be getting a running commentary on the news.

Total over reaction I’d say.

Saying that, I remember the likes of David Cassidy and Donny Osmond making similar waves in the early 70s so not a new phenomena.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 09:50 - Jun 8 with 477 viewsonehunglow

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 08:34 - Jun 8 by union_jack

This bloody tour seems to be getting a running commentary on the news.

Total over reaction I’d say.

Saying that, I remember the likes of David Cassidy and Donny Osmond making similar waves in the early 70s so not a new phenomena.

Old bugger !
David Cassidy was everywhere or at least his pictures were
Sad bloke though

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 16:39 - Jun 8 with 410 viewscontroversial_jack

I just heard one of Swifts songs on the radio as I was driving.Total garbage, no structure to the song, no chorus, no bridge and probably the same chords repeated. Three or four minutes of monotony
Taylor Swift phenomenon on 16:44 - Jun 8 with 393 viewsmajorraglan

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 16:39 - Jun 8 by controversial_jack

I just heard one of Swifts songs on the radio as I was driving.Total garbage, no structure to the song, no chorus, no bridge and probably the same chords repeated. Three or four minutes of monotony

One of my kids thinks she’s the bees knees and has got tickets for the concerts, Im with you on this. I think it’s all the same - a kind of drab monotonous lift music.
Taylor Swift phenomenon on 16:45 - Jun 8 with 393 viewsWhiterockin

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 16:39 - Jun 8 by controversial_jack

Not for me either, but apparently the tour has added a Billion pounds to the British economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czd88lxe8p2o.amp

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 18:27 - Jun 8 with 348 viewsnantywatcher

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 23:16 - Jun 7 by onehunglow

They were names off the top of my head
You want more, I could list 100 better than Swift including Alma Cogan and Cleo Laine

Alma Cogan - f...my old boots. There're plenty of Swift unaccompanied acoustic sessions to show just how very good she is. Spent the 2nd night of my Chemo treatment in Morriston listening to her on Spotify. She helped the night pass and I'm still impressed with her and her values.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 18:35 - Jun 8 with 331 viewsunion_jack

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 09:50 - Jun 8 by onehunglow

Old bugger !
David Cassidy was everywhere or at least his pictures were
Sad bloke though

I’d add Ann Wilson to your list, great voice.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 18:50 - Jun 8 with 327 viewsTogg

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 11:09 - Jun 7 by controversial_jack

Yes considered great during a time of mediocrity. I am getting old, I just liked the great bands of the past, can't see much inspiration out there now

Dont agree with you often mate but spot on. Female artists of real class . Joni Mitchell, Emmylou Harris, Ella Fitzgerald , Nina Simone Sandy Shaw, Petula Clarke. Loads of others too. Modern divas/ music sucks!
Taylor Swift phenomenon on 18:54 - Jun 8 with 325 viewsTogg

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 13:31 - Jun 7 by KeithHaynes

People will always need to be told what to do, where to go, how to do it and line the pockets of the fraudulent music industry.

Well said mate. People don't look outside the mainstream. So many good artists out there. I remember in the 70s listening to John Peel and looking for something different, or new. Still talented people out there but the system wants you to listen to total commercial cack!
Taylor Swift phenomenon on 19:01 - Jun 8 with 318 viewsTogg

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 18:50 - Jun 8 by Togg

Dont agree with you often mate but spot on. Female artists of real class . Joni Mitchell, Emmylou Harris, Ella Fitzgerald , Nina Simone Sandy Shaw, Petula Clarke. Loads of others too. Modern divas/ music sucks!

Can I add the late great Sandy Denny and pick up an album by Americana artist Lucinda Williams.
Taylor Swift phenomenon on 19:45 - Jun 8 with 293 viewsonehunglow

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 18:27 - Jun 8 by nantywatcher

Alma Cogan - f...my old boots. There're plenty of Swift unaccompanied acoustic sessions to show just how very good she is. Spent the 2nd night of my Chemo treatment in Morriston listening to her on Spotify. She helped the night pass and I'm still impressed with her and her values.

Just picked up on that
Good luck with your treatement
It’s a tw@t
Richie

Taylor Swift phenomenon on 00:40 - Jun 9 with 211 viewsRobbie

My age , well North of 65 years she is a talented songwriter and listenable .

Track some time ago of hers , Anti Hero heard it on the radio and done some digging on YouTube , really good promotional viewing and the words did seem true to her life .

Now selling out Stadiums Worldwide on this Eras Tour , fans are loving it with tickets now close to impossible to get in the UK .

A business woman cashing in on her public appeal of course but then hopefully getting through to the younger generation , hey life is a pain in the rear end for many of us .

Amy Winehouse and Karen Carpenter both left us for issues .
Lets hope this new outlook for young kids brought by this tour changes their minds .

Nantywatcher , aint been there myself but my sister has .
She won that battle and is still with us now , breast cancer 13 years ago , keep fighting mush.

[Post edited 9 Jun 0:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024