Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. 09:44 - Jun 8 with 1508 viewsBostonR

Managed to get four tickets to see England. My first trip abroad to see them since Eng v Italy in 1980 in Torino - we lost 1-0.
We are flying to Amsterdam and then driving to Gelsenkirchen. I’ve pretty much driven across most of the world but not across Germany. Anyone done a similar trip and are there tolls etc across Germany?
Any advice welcome.
Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 11:43 - Jun 8 with 1398 viewsBoston

D Day +29230.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 14:25 - Jun 8 with 1283 viewsderbyhoop

I believe German motorways are tolled. Might be an idea to get a tag, e.g. Liber-T, that will allow you to sail through without having to find cash. I'm sure others (try Son of Northolt) will have more German info

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 17:16 - Jun 8 with 1202 viewswestlondonisRs1882

Hey Boston R , I went to Italy in 1980 for the Euros 😃. After the Tear Gas incident against Belgium in the first match, the Italian coach drivers refused to take us back to Turin for the Italy game. We had to watch the match in our hotel in San Remo. I remember Gratzionii ( spelling) scored for them.
Enjoy your trip to Germany 🇩🇪
Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 22:30 - Jun 8 with 1099 viewscolinallcars

Is Gelsen Kirchen any relation the Bill Kirchen…..it"s been a long day.

Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 07:45 - Jun 10 with 793 viewsdsw2509

I drove across Germany in 2016. No tolls, and in the quieter areas no speed limits either. I stuck to around 140kmh but it was quite something to see the Mercs and Beemers whizz by at 250. Keep your eyes on your rear view mirror. They also have the unnerving habit of driving right up your exhaust pipe when they want to pass.

Where speed limits apply the speed cameras are everywhere. Also in the Netherlands.

Have fun!!
Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 10:21 - Jun 10 with 663 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

I presume you're hiring the car in Holland. You'll need to see if it comes with a German environmental sticker, a green sticker, which you may need if you are driving into Gelsenkirchen.

Worth a few minutes googling to check.
Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 10:53 - Jun 10 with 628 viewsLandshark

Heading To Gelsenkirchen Next Weekend- Eng v Serbia. on 07:45 - Jun 10 by dsw2509

I drove across Germany in 2016. No tolls, and in the quieter areas no speed limits either. I stuck to around 140kmh but it was quite something to see the Mercs and Beemers whizz by at 250. Keep your eyes on your rear view mirror. They also have the unnerving habit of driving right up your exhaust pipe when they want to pass.

Where speed limits apply the speed cameras are everywhere. Also in the Netherlands.

Have fun!!

Pretty much this. I drive between the UK and Germany quite frequently. It's quite an easy drive until you get to Germany, I'm not a fan of driving on the Autobahn. If you go into the outside lane just watch out your rear view mirror a lot, you get cars speeding up and flashing you if you are not out of the way fast enough.

I've only ever gotten a speeding ticket in Germany. They are pretty hidden most of the time. Not bright yellow and signposted like in the UK.

Stick to around 130-140kmph and you should be fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024