Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Letting prisoners loose 09:09 - Sep 26 with 1174 viewsonehunglow

Yep,so this lot decided to release rats onto the streets BY MISTAKE.
Now,this they can’t blame on the Tories .
Just what is happening with us
are we that stupid
Are we that blasé
Are we that naive
Rhetorical questions of course

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Letting prisoners loose on 09:31 - Sep 26 with 710 viewsunion_jack

Ridiculous decision but not entirely surprising for this lot.

I do wish that they would concentrate on putting things right with all the things the Tories got wrong rather than trying to gain political capital by blaming them for everything. That well is now dry.

Of course, they have to because they don’t have the answers either.

Time for a General Election😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Letting prisoners loose on 09:53 - Sep 26 with 698 viewsonehunglow

Letting prisoners loose on 09:31 - Sep 26 by union_jack

Ridiculous decision but not entirely surprising for this lot.

I do wish that they would concentrate on putting things right with all the things the Tories got wrong rather than trying to gain political capital by blaming them for everything. That well is now dry.

Of course, they have to because they don’t have the answers either.

Time for a General Election😂

Morning T
Every morning,when I awake and get downstairs and make my coffee ,having switched the TV on ,I end up getting cross before my coffee is cold ,such is the unbelievable unravelling of common sense as I see it .
Nothing ages one more than watching this hysterical world screw itself
Now,we let loose those who prey on us all.

And hardly a word of protest

Letting prisoners loose on 09:59 - Sep 26 with 693 viewstheloneranger

You can blame Labour for their early release, but the main fault is still with the last Conservative government.

These prisoners had committed a breach of their restraining order, but were charged by the police and sentenced in the courts under out dated legislation, the "Protection for Harassment Act 1997."

This was later replaced by the "Sentencing Act", which meant that the prison records cited the incorrect offence and therefore did not get flagged up when people were rightly excluded from the early release scheme.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Letting prisoners loose on 10:04 - Sep 26 with 689 viewsonehunglow

Letting prisoners loose on 09:59 - Sep 26 by theloneranger

You can blame Labour for their early release, but the main fault is still with the last Conservative government.

These prisoners had committed a breach of their restraining order, but were charged by the police and sentenced in the courts under out dated legislation, the "Protection for Harassment Act 1997."

This was later replaced by the "Sentencing Act", which meant that the prison records cited the incorrect offence and therefore did not get flagged up when people were rightly excluded from the early release scheme.

Yes,we can blame them for in incorrect release .
Incorrect,mark you.
Imagine the cost if / when these reoffend

We have not had a political party for 60 years plus that has on any way protected the oublic and out them first before criminals

Victims still get dumped upon whilst a raft of organisations actively CARE for these rats . Victims don’t move on . Ever. Criminals do .Always

It’s our shame

Letting prisoners loose on 13:19 - Sep 26 with 642 viewsScotia

Letting prisoners loose on 09:59 - Sep 26 by theloneranger

Labour should really have built a few more prisons over the last 10 weeks. What the hell have they been doing!
Letting prisoners loose on 13:45 - Sep 26 with 632 viewsonehunglow

Letting prisoners loose on 13:19 - Sep 26 by Scotia

Labour should really have built a few more prisons over the last 10 weeks. What the hell have they been doing!

These have been released under Labours watch

Letting prisoners loose on 14:01 - Sep 26 with 609 viewsFlashberryjack

They've been to busy smashing the people smuggling gangs.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Letting prisoners loose on 14:29 - Sep 26 with 594 viewscontroversial_jack

Letting prisoners loose on 13:45 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Apparently, it was a decision by the last govt, but this govt has been able to implement it
Login to get fewer ads

Letting prisoners loose on 15:36 - Sep 26 with 571 viewsnantywatcher

I will never understand why people put a block on a new prison in Port Talbot. No-one talks about Bridgend Prison, it's Parc Prison and has no real impact on the town. Call it Sunnyside Prison and build it asap.
Letting prisoners loose on 15:42 - Sep 26 with 564 viewsonehunglow

Letting prisoners loose on 15:36 - Sep 26 by nantywatcher

I will never understand why people put a block on a new prison in Port Talbot. No-one talks about Bridgend Prison, it's Parc Prison and has no real impact on the town. Call it Sunnyside Prison and build it asap.

I’ve not understood why they haven’t gone back to bunks instead of having their own studio.
It’s a place of punishment ,reflection and contrition not a holiday camp

Letting prisoners loose on 16:53 - Sep 26 with 549 viewsScotia

Letting prisoners loose on 13:45 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Because there's nowhere else to put them.

We need more prisons. That's not Labours fault. If we don't see some plans to increase capacity by the end of this parliament then Labour can take some blame.
Letting prisoners loose on 16:55 - Sep 26 with 545 viewsScotia

Letting prisoners loose on 15:36 - Sep 26 by nantywatcher

They didn't really, it was a useful excuse.

The land earmarked had restrictions on it relating to it's use. WG and Westminster had a falling out over it, Westminster said they'd find a different location and then didn't.

Apparently one of the largest number of early releases has been from Cardiff.
Letting prisoners loose on 17:13 - Sep 26 with 519 viewsDr_Winston

Letting prisoners loose on 16:53 - Sep 26 by Scotia

We need more prisons. That's not Labours fault. If we don't see some plans to increase capacity by the end of this parliament then Labour can take some blame.

We need to stop jailing non-violent offenders and reserve prison space for the violent and repeat "nuisance" offenders.

There's one case I dealt with recently. Many people here will be aware of the story surrounding it so I won't go into too much detail, but someone with no previous convictions, of good character, full employment history etc made a serious mistake of judgement and was sentenced to jail time as a result. Lost their job. Almost lost their family.

I do question the societal value of taking someone out of a job where they're paying tax and supporting a family, and putting them somewhere that costs the taxpayer tens of thousands a year if they are of no risk to the public and basically zero risk of re-offending. Give them ten thousand hours of community service instead. Something useful instead of locking them up for the sake of it.

People with restraining orders are being released from Prison to make room for people who said racist stuff on Twitter. That's on the current Government entirely. Punish the racist goons for sure. Imprisonment? Not necessary.
[Post edited 26 Sep 17:20]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Letting prisoners loose on 18:03 - Sep 26 with 489 viewsScotia

Letting prisoners loose on 17:13 - Sep 26 by Dr_Winston

We need to stop jailing non-violent offenders and reserve prison space for the violent and repeat "nuisance" offenders.

There's one case I dealt with recently. Many people here will be aware of the story surrounding it so I won't go into too much detail, but someone with no previous convictions, of good character, full employment history etc made a serious mistake of judgement and was sentenced to jail time as a result. Lost their job. Almost lost their family.

I do question the societal value of taking someone out of a job where they're paying tax and supporting a family, and putting them somewhere that costs the taxpayer tens of thousands a year if they are of no risk to the public and basically zero risk of re-offending. Give them ten thousand hours of community service instead. Something useful instead of locking them up for the sake of it.

People with restraining orders are being released from Prison to make room for people who said racist stuff on Twitter. That's on the current Government entirely. Punish the racist goons for sure. Imprisonment? Not necessary.
[Post edited 26 Sep 17:20]

But we also need to jail others and repeat offenders for longer.

I've said before, I'd advocate an aggregate of sentences and no release for good behaviour. If your sentence is 2 years you serve 2 years if your behaviour is good, if not you serve longer.

You commit another crime you do the 2 years again before the new sentence starts.

Community service has to count, but all they have to do really is turn up sit on a wall and smoke.
Letting prisoners loose on 18:20 - Sep 26 with 474 viewsDr_Winston

Letting prisoners loose on 18:03 - Sep 26 by Scotia

I've said before, I'd advocate an aggregate of sentences and no release for good behaviour. If your sentence is 2 years you serve 2 years if your behaviour is good, if not you serve longer.

You commit another crime you do the 2 years again before the new sentence starts.

Community service has to count, but all they have to do really is turn up sit on a wall and smoke.

Agree completely with most of that. Community service needs to be tougher and overseen by warranted officers rather than social workers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Letting prisoners loose on 18:27 - Sep 26 with 470 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Letting prisoners loose on 16:53 - Sep 26 by Scotia

It was the Labour Government in the Senedd and Steve Kinnock that blocked the new prison in baglan.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Letting prisoners loose on 18:49 - Sep 26 with 453 viewsunion_jack

Letting prisoners loose on 09:53 - Sep 26 by onehunglow

Morning T
Every morning,when I awake and get downstairs and make my coffee ,having switched the TV on ,I end up getting cross before my coffee is cold ,such is the unbelievable unravelling of common sense as I see it .
Nothing ages one more than watching this hysterical world screw itself
Now,we let loose those who prey on us all.

And hardly a word of protest

It’s like some dystopian novel.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Letting prisoners loose on 18:51 - Sep 26 with 437 viewsScotia

Letting prisoners loose on 18:27 - Sep 26 by felixstowe_jack

It was the Labour Government in the Senedd and Steve Kinnock that blocked the new prison in baglan.

No it wasn't. It's as I said it was.

The relevant director in NPT tried to bend over backwards to get it built.

The Senedd could have done more but Justice isn't devolved.

This early prisoner release cannot be blamed in anyway at labour
Letting prisoners loose on 18:51 - Sep 26 with 436 viewsSullutaCreturned

Letting prisoners loose on 18:03 - Sep 26 by Scotia

I can agree there. Early release for good behaviour has been a bugbear for me for ages. I'd go the other way, behave badly and have your sentence extended.

My coson got community service for drink driving, he spent his time litter picking. It didn't stop him, he has a string of DD offences and comstantly avoids prison because he has a lot of kids by several different women. It would cause them hardship see.
Letting prisoners loose on 19:59 - Sep 26 with 401 viewsKeithHaynes

Letting prisoners loose on 18:51 - Sep 26 by SullutaCreturned

I can agree there. Early release for good behaviour has been a bugbear for me for ages. I'd go the other way, behave badly and have your sentence extended.

My coson got community service for drink driving, he spent his time litter picking. It didn't stop him, he has a string of DD offences and comstantly avoids prison because he has a lot of kids by several different women. It would cause them hardship see.

Sentences are often extended.
Charlie Bronson a prime example.

He should be released, would be a cracking addition to the circuit the likes of Howard Marks used to tour.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Letting prisoners loose on 21:05 - Sep 26 with 355 viewscontroversial_jack

Letting prisoners loose on 19:59 - Sep 26 by KeithHaynes

Sentences are often extended.
Charlie Bronson a prime example.

He should be released, would be a cracking addition to the circuit the likes of Howard Marks used to tour.

This post has been edited by an administrator

This country has one of the worse re offending rates in Europe and it costs us £18 billion a year. Something clearly isn't working
Letting prisoners loose on 23:03 - Sep 26 with 327 viewsmajorraglan

And don’t forget about employing sufficient quantities of new civil servants to double check everything and process the releases. After all, sorting the adverts out, allowing time for applicants to complete the application forms, short listing, interviewing, issuing a conditional offer of employment, referencing, completing vetting/security checks, issuing the unconditional offer of employment, person giving 28 days notice to existing employer, starting and completing training period should mean the staff would be in post by the end of July ….not!
Letting prisoners loose on 23:08 - Sep 26 with 304 viewsDr_Winston

Letting prisoners loose on 23:03 - Sep 26 by majorraglan

And don’t forget about employing sufficient quantities of new civil servants to double check everything and process the releases. After all, sorting the adverts out, allowing time for applicants to complete the application forms, short listing, interviewing, issuing a conditional offer of employment, referencing, completing vetting/security checks, issuing the unconditional offer of employment, person giving 28 days notice to existing employer, starting and completing training period should mean the staff would be in post by the end of July ….not!

There are civil servants already in place in the vast majority of prisons already in possession of all of this knowledge.

Letting prisoners loose on 23:12 - Sep 26 with 302 viewsmajorraglan

Letting prisoners loose on 14:29 - Sep 26 by controversial_jack

Apparently, it was a decision by the last govt, but this govt has been able to implement it

Is the correct answer, Alex Chalk prepared the plans for Sunak as the system was on the point of breakdown. Interestingly, the Conservatives released 10,000 prisoners early between October 2023 and July 2024.
Letting prisoners loose on 09:18 - Sep 27 with 217 viewscontroversial_jack

Letting prisoners loose on 23:12 - Sep 26 by majorraglan

Is the correct answer, Alex Chalk prepared the plans for Sunak as the system was on the point of breakdown. Interestingly, the Conservatives released 10,000 prisoners early between October 2023 and July 2024.

Back as far as 2020 the then govt had plans to release 4000 prisoners to make room and to make quarantine from covid easier.They bungled it and only 175 were released.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024