Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Year = New Beginning 17:01 - Jan 2 with 1750 viewskirbys

What a difference a couple of players can make. The difference in class from our new keeper and striker was evident from the first minute. It lifted the whole side who worked very hard throughout.
For the first time this season I felt we would create problems a plenty for the opposition and so it turned out. Every attack was launched a furious pace and involved many players in support. PNE were really under the cosh at times, resorting to pulls and pushes, most of which went unpunished by a ref suffering from a hangover and partial blindness, Dale were more than capable of beating them and with a tiny bit of luck would have won it comfortably.

What next we think?
I would speculate the central defense area still struggles against big players and his latest signing may need introducing slowly as he is very young - not that that was a problem for Dawson.
The right back situation is weak. I know many like Darby but he is no full back for me. He can only head when its clear of an opposing player, fails to tackle too often rather backing off and gets pushed around far too easily. Today almost all PNE's attacks were launched down his flank.
But rather than be picky I rather congratulate everyone concerned for the change in status and for giving us hope again. Up the Dale.
New Year = New Beginning on 17:05 - Jan 2 with 1714 viewsolympicdale

"fails to tackle too often"

have you seen Darby play before? have to disagree with that, Darby is a fantastic tackler, times his challenges better than any.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

New Year = New Beginning on 17:06 - Jan 2 with 1705 viewsBeechy

For his size and weight, Darby is a very strong tackler!
New Year = New Beginning on 17:11 - Jan 2 with 1670 viewsShun

I'm a big fan of Darby, and he's definitely the best tackler at the club. I've never seen anyone consistently get tackles right every time. I do wish he'd get forwards a bit more though, as when Joey Widdowson did that today he looked excellent.
New Year = New Beginning on 17:14 - Jan 2 with 1636 viewsBeechy

New Year = New Beginning on 17:11 - Jan 2 by Shun

I'm a big fan of Darby, and he's definitely the best tackler at the club. I've never seen anyone consistently get tackles right every time. I do wish he'd get forwards a bit more though, as when Joey Widdowson did that today he looked excellent.

My only concern with Widds is when he does get up there, he sometimes hesitates in driving at the opposing full back. He's got great strength, and a brilliant crossing ability. So, hopefully he'll be utilized more often further up field.

Both full backs, are quality!
New Year = New Beginning on 17:15 - Jan 2 with 1622 viewsolympicdale

New Year = New Beginning on 17:14 - Jan 2 by Beechy

My only concern with Widds is when he does get up there, he sometimes hesitates in driving at the opposing full back. He's got great strength, and a brilliant crossing ability. So, hopefully he'll be utilized more often further up field.

Both full backs, are quality!

Thought Holden has his best game for the club today too, looked great alongside Katie Price.

Life is a game of fate.

New Year = New Beginning on 17:17 - Jan 2 with 1606 viewsBeechy

New Year = New Beginning on 17:15 - Jan 2 by olympicdale

Thought Holden has his best game for the club today too, looked great alongside Katie Price.

Holden looked to be the line leader today. Was, strong & confident but most of all very commanding. He's a force in the air too! Gutted his goal was blown up by the ref.

Ginger machine, with long hair.
New Year = New Beginning on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 1585 viewsslapandt

New Year = New Beginning on 17:11 - Jan 2 by Shun

I would like to see Widdowson share the set pieces with Adams, as although Adams is a grafter, and does his part, his distribution is often poor. With regards to Darby, i think tackling is the strongest part of his game.

The new keeper was awesome, really quick, good decision making and very composed.

Bagdanavic was what we've been missing all season, a footballing "brain".

Great performance by the lads, shame it wasnt matched by the officials.

UP THE DALE!!!
New Year = New Beginning on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 1578 viewsShun

Agreed about Holden.

Something I've said on here before is that I wouldn't mind seeing Widdowson as a winger. I honestly think he's better going forwards than defending.
Login to get fewer ads

New Year = New Beginning on 17:24 - Jan 2 with 1562 viewsslapandt

New Year = New Beginning on 17:15 - Jan 2 by olympicdale

Thought Holden played well at Walsall too, but he was very good today, shame his goal was disallowed.
New Year = New Beginning on 17:33 - Jan 2 with 1519 viewsTrue_Blue2

New Year = New Beginning on 17:24 - Jan 2 by slapandt

Thought Holden played well at Walsall too, but he was very good today, shame his goal was disallowed.

It was actually Akpro that headed the ball over the line (and got a boot in the face for his effort)
New Year = New Beginning on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 1511 viewsTrue_Blue2

Bogdanovic reminds me of Tony Ellis - hasn't pace but by his skill on the ball can create acres of space for himself
New Year = New Beginning on 17:39 - Jan 2 with 1486 viewsColDale

I think we have seen enough improvement in the last two games for Beech to be offered the job for the remainder of the season, with a view to a longer deal to follow. Survival remains a big ask but already there is clear evidence that the players know what they are being asked to do and have the confidence to do so.

Spotland just felt a much more happier place than it has done at any stage this season today.
New Year = New Beginning on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 1467 views442Dale

New Year = New Beginning on 17:34 - Jan 2 by True_Blue2

Bogdanovic reminds me of Tony Ellis - hasn't pace but by his skill on the ball can create acres of space for himself

Ellis was talking to Bogzilla on the pitch after the game. Very similar players.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Year = New Beginning on 17:50 - Jan 2 with 1437 viewsLeague1Dale

New Year = New Beginning on 17:39 - Jan 2 by ColDale

I think we have seen enough improvement in the last two games for Beech to be offered the job for the remainder of the season, with a view to a longer deal to follow. Survival remains a big ask but already there is clear evidence that the players know what they are being asked to do and have the confidence to do so.

Spotland just felt a much more happier place than it has done at any stage this season today.

Totally agree, we are now playing good football with passion and a will to win. Beechys reaction to our goal said it all for me, you wont find anyone more passionate about doing well for Dale.
New Year = New Beginning on 18:04 - Jan 2 with 1387 viewsChaffRAFC

Bogdanovic reminded me today of Dimitar Berbatov when he's on form for United. Little flicks, a fabulous first touch and just the way he moved around the pitch.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Year = New Beginning on 18:59 - Jan 2 with 1214 viewsMoonyDale

New Year = New Beginning on 17:39 - Jan 2 by ColDale

Was led to believe that Beechy is in fact in charge for the rest of the season...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New Year = New Beginning on 19:05 - Jan 2 with 1185 viewsfrenzied

much better today,Dale played with much more freedom to express,BOG has some quality won almost all in the air encouraged the other players before finally getting cramp at the end.Keeper excellent good double save before goal,just wish Adams and Ball would shoot and have a go at times,i thought Kennedy was terrific today and unlucky to get booked
New Year = New Beginning on 19:26 - Jan 2 with 1132 viewsColDale

New Year = New Beginning on 18:59 - Jan 2 by MoonyDale

Was led to believe that Beechy is in fact in charge for the rest of the season...

The only suggestion of that was from a "Sky Sports Understands..." article. I think Dunphy has come out and said that if he does well, he'll be given the job until the end of the season, and then take it from there.
New Year = New Beginning on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 1123 viewsShun

New Year = New Beginning on 18:04 - Jan 2 by ChaffRAFC

Bogdanovic reminded me today of Dimitar Berbatov when he's on form for United. Little flicks, a fabulous first touch and just the way he moved around the pitch.

Exactly what I said in the other thread. The kind of player who seems to be able to control the ball effortlessly without exerting himself too much (not a bad thing!).
New Year = New Beginning on 19:56 - Jan 2 with 1065 viewsStudiousDale

New Year = New Beginning on 19:26 - Jan 2 by ColDale

The only suggestion of that was from a "Sky Sports Understands..." article. I think Dunphy has come out and said that if he does well, he'll be given the job until the end of the season, and then take it from there.

There was an interview where the interviewer told Beech he had just seen Dunphy at the services, who said something along the lines of 'it's Beech's job, his to lose'. The interviewer then put it to Beech that you have made manager permanently haven't you which Beech denied.

I was very pleased with the improvement on show today, and thought Bogba looked a class act.
New Year = New Beginning on 20:31 - Jan 2 with 992 viewsqlrken05

As I have said in another thread, Brilliant performance all round today.
great to see Darby & Widds back to their rightful places, On Darby , I am a great fan of him, his tacles are 99% spot on
I also reckon Chris Beech should be given the job till at least the end of the season,
We have more chance of staying up with CB &RK as anyone
UP the DALE

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

New Year = New Beginning on 23:30 - Jan 2 with 868 viewsdingdangblue

Really impressive performance today - definitely best home performance of the season. The only worry is in the last 3 games (yeovil,walsall and today) all our good play has only amounted to 3 points. We shouldve beat yeovil, Balls goal at Walsall on BBC Highlights looks very much onside and Grimes goal today should've counted. In our current predicament 6 extra points looks massive. Will just have to hope our good play gets its reward at Hartlepool Saturday. Solid start to Beech's managerial career though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024