Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. 23:10 - May 15 with 3141 viewsBens_dad

FA hiding behind '...we can't do anything because of the pending court case.' So, in theory, Terry could lift the trophy and a week later be found guilty of raial abuse. If Terry plays I won't be watching or supporting England.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:22 - May 15 with 2392 viewshoof_hearted

Well if anyone has seen a better central defensive display than Terry (spit) and Cahill against Barcelona then they should go instead. I can't think of any. And you know that hurts me to say but I'm an England fan in the summer. Normal hostilities resume in August.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:33 - May 15 with 2358 viewsQPR1882

Anton and Hill v Man City
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:36 - May 15 with 2347 viewshoof_hearted

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:33 - May 15 by QPR1882

Anton and Hill v Man City

but for the last 2 minutes
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:39 - May 15 with 2336 viewsMrGrieves

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:22 - May 15 by hoof_hearted

Well if anyone has seen a better central defensive display than Terry (spit) and Cahill against Barcelona then they should go instead. I can't think of any. And you know that hurts me to say but I'm an England fan in the summer. Normal hostilities resume in August.

The racist tw*t wasn't even on the pitch for half of it!
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:42 - May 15 with 2326 viewsQPR1882

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:36 - May 15 by hoof_hearted

but for the last 2 minutes

Boltons game finished 2 minutes before ours.There job was completed.

We stay up,Utd lose the league....job done,relax.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 00:01 - May 16 with 2283 viewsshrewranger

maybe rio isn't up to a place in the starting eleven but is surely good enough as a squad member.sounds to me like the fa have made this call....looks like they've got a puppet called roy as our new national team manager.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 00:02 - May 16 with 2277 viewsTGRRRSSS

Rio is a crock he can't do games every four days no way, like him or not Terry is a better choice as a footballing decision.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 00:10 - May 16 with 2263 viewsshrewranger

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 00:02 - May 16 by TGRRRSSS

Rio is a crock he can't do games every four days no way, like him or not Terry is a better choice as a footballing decision.

agreed but he's got to be worth a place on the bench..his omission is just too convenient for my liking
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 00:11 - May 16 with 2260 viewsTGRRRSSS

I do see your point and partly agree interesting though I guess somebody had to stay behind on this one.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 03:23 - May 16 with 2182 viewsCanadaRanger

If Terry's on the pitch at least the other players know where he is.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 07:51 - May 16 with 2100 viewsJamie

More scandalous is dropping Richards & Walker for Jones and including Aaron 'I can't cross a football' Lennon!
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:14 - May 16 with 2058 viewsVish

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 07:51 - May 16 by Jamie

More scandalous is dropping Richards & Walker for Jones and including Aaron 'I can't cross a football' Lennon!

If Walker doesn't go, it will be becuase of his injury
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:19 - May 16 with 2043 viewsJamie

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:14 - May 16 by Vish

If Walker doesn't go, it will be becuase of his injury

Indeed. Walker being injured makes it even more ridiculous that Richards isnt going. You'd struggle to make a case for Phil Jones as Englands third best right back.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:23 - May 16 with 2035 viewsVish

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:19 - May 16 by Jamie

Indeed. Walker being injured makes it even more ridiculous that Richards isnt going. You'd struggle to make a case for Phil Jones as Englands third best right back.

yup. agree with that.

Feel sick at the thought of seeing Terry possibly lead England out at the Euro's as well.

Will be interesting to see what strikers get picked. Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck not sure about the other two - assuming 5 are picked.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:27 - May 16 with 2026 viewsJamie

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:23 - May 16 by Vish

yup. agree with that.

Feel sick at the thought of seeing Terry possibly lead England out at the Euro's as well.

Will be interesting to see what strikers get picked. Rooney, Sturridge, Wellbeck not sure about the other two - assuming 5 are picked.

The Fails expected squad:

Hart
Carson
Ruddy

Johnson
Jones
Terry
Lescott
Cahill
Cole
Baines

Walcott
Lennon
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gerrard
Barry
Lampard
Parker
Young
Milner

Rooney
Welbeck
Carroll
Sturridge
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:33 - May 16 with 2015 viewsVish

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:27 - May 16 by Jamie

Hart
Carson
Ruddy

Johnson
Jones
Terry
Lescott
Cahill
Cole
Baines

Walcott
Lennon
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gerrard
Barry
Lampard
Parker
Young
Milner

Rooney
Welbeck
Carroll
Sturridge

there was a debate on Talksport last night, they believe Hodgson will pick players on experience rather than form. As a result they think Zamora has a chance.

Either way, a squad with Gerrard, Lampard and Terry is going to be painful to watch.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 09:11 - May 16 with 1978 viewsBluce_Ree

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 23:22 - May 15 by hoof_hearted

Bollox.

Their best defender was the fking woodwork.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 09:21 - May 16 with 1959 viewsnadera78

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:33 - May 16 by Vish

there was a debate on Talksport last night, they believe Hodgson will pick players on experience rather than form. As a result they think Zamora has a chance.

Either way, a squad with Gerrard, Lampard and Terry is going to be painful to watch.

Tried and failed how many times now?

It really is a joke to expect these players, who were too old and too slow in 2010, to be any younger and any quicker in 2012. Anyone who watches football will tell you Terry simply cannot deal with attackers with pace and good movement, and that's what the better teams have. He's going to get picked apart.

And that's not even taking into account the upcoming trial. Are the FA honesty going to complain to UEFA if/when the Ukrainian fans boo England's black players? Whilst including a player awaiting trial for racial abuse?

As for Andy Carroll, well, words fail me.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 09:29 - May 16 with 1932 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 09:21 - May 16 by nadera78

Tried and failed how many times now?

It really is a joke to expect these players, who were too old and too slow in 2010, to be any younger and any quicker in 2012. Anyone who watches football will tell you Terry simply cannot deal with attackers with pace and good movement, and that's what the better teams have. He's going to get picked apart.

And that's not even taking into account the upcoming trial. Are the FA honesty going to complain to UEFA if/when the Ukrainian fans boo England's black players? Whilst including a player awaiting trial for racial abuse?

As for Andy Carroll, well, words fail me.

"Anyone who watches football will tell you Terry simply cannot deal with attackers with pace and good movement, and that's what the better teams have. He's going to get picked apart."

Exactly. Irrespective of the fact that he's a racist and Chelsea captain, and irrespective even of whether or not he's the best in England, Terry is not a world class defender in the game as it is now played at international level. By that I don't mean he's crap - I'm sure he will be OK against the middling teams - but he's not good enough if we want to compete with Spain , Germany, Italy, the Dutch or France.

The fact that there are people in the English game who still rate him shows how far we have to go. But personally I think if any English manager is up to addressing this, it might just be Hodgson
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 10:44 - May 16 with 1865 viewsdaveB

well if these old failures are going to the Euros I hope we are out within a week.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 10:47 - May 16 with 1855 viewsAntti_Heinola

and if you've seen a worse one than Terry v Liverpool, then please tell me about it. Terry didn't play most of the game in Barca where all the real work was done anyway.

plus - his ability is not the question, here.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 10:58 - May 16 with 1839 viewsadhoc_qpr

I was really hoping that we might have a complete refresh of the squad (like we have under Lancaster in the rugby) and i could get behind the team again.

Sadly if the media are correct, it looks like Hodgson will be picking all the old proven failures again - in which case i will be watching the Euros as a neutral.

Can't get interested in a team including:

Terry - old, slow, rascist.
Gerrard - no discipline and no coincidence that Liverpool's 4-1 win over Chelsea was when he was on the bench.
Lampard - no longer effective, actively stopped trying to get AVB sacked.
Rooney - shouldn't even be going and should be on a 3 match ban.
Young - diving cheat, so dumb he doesn't even realise how hated he is.

Etc etc
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 11:00 - May 16 with 1835 viewstimcocking

mediocre from front to back :-(

I like Leighton Baines and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and fat Wayne. That's about it. Kyle Walker if he was fit.
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 11:10 - May 16 with 1809 viewsPhildo

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 08:27 - May 16 by Jamie

Hart
Carson
Ruddy

Johnson
Jones
Terry
Lescott
Cahill
Cole
Baines

Walcott
Lennon
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gerrard
Barry
Lampard
Parker
Young
Milner

Rooney
Welbeck
Carroll
Sturridge

Wallcott - dear God
Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 11:14 - May 16 with 1804 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sky reporting Rio left out, Terry going to Euros. on 10:47 - May 16 by Antti_Heinola

and if you've seen a worse one than Terry v Liverpool, then please tell me about it. Terry didn't play most of the game in Barca where all the real work was done anyway.

plus - his ability is not the question, here.

"plus - his ability is not the question, here."

True, but it ought to be somewhere.

25 years ago Paul Parker and Des Walker showed the way. Instead we have Donkey Adams mk II. Are England the only team that goes backward technically?

[Apart from Scotland, obviously]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024