Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? 10:14 - May 25 with 2301 viewsDylanP

Have we had a better goalscorer than Cisse in the last twenty years?

He scores with his head, from distance, in a scramble. He is fast. Has control. Is hungry and a little bit greedy in front of goal.

I think next year could be the best of his career. We will have a midfield that will includes Samba, Faurlin, Barton and Taarabt supplying him. We'll have the likes of Taiwo, Traore and Mackie bombing down the wing getting balls over. His partnership with Zamore upfront will mature. The boys will have an offseason the find each others' pace and gel. I dont think he'll get sent off next season. I think he could easily net 20 goals next year and be an absolute terror. If he does, he'll be POTY next year. Self promoting, yeah. But the lad knows where the back of the net is.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 16:47 - May 25 with 550 viewsMrNITK

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 12:21 - May 25 by wittle

have you all forgot sheron,kojoe,ngonge and nardiello legends.

Not forgetting Iorfa and Gary Thompson! I think they might of played premiership football as well. I'm sure they played top flight football at the time.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 17:47 - May 25 with 528 viewsblacky200

I would say yes without a doubt in my mind. Les was a slightly different player to Cisse but I think if we can keep Tarbs and Diakite, and with Faurlin coming back and possibly Traore on the left wing he is going to get plenty of chances and his strike rate so far has been fantastic. Also it seems that Cisse doesn't need a few chances to get his eye in.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 17:48 - May 25 with 528 viewsnadera78

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 15:29 - May 25 by SKABOUR

Sir Les would annihilate 99.9% of all todays Premiership defenders.

Abso-bloody-lutely!

He'd be worth a fortune these days. Berbatov for 30m, Carroll for 35m? Ferdinand would be worth a hell of a lot more than both of those two for a start.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 18:13 - May 25 with 524 viewsJamie

Complete loon but fck me can he finish.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 19:16 - May 25 with 511 viewsSomersetHoops

Les Ferdinand had that ability to seem to hang in the air for a long time above much taller defenders Les was 5'-10'' I think. He was brilliant for us and did fantastically in his first season away from LR at Newcastle.

Sir Les had problems with his back as a result of the way he put everthing into springing into the air and as defenders are getting bigger he may have found it more difficult, but I would still back him at his peak to be very good.

Cissé has that eye for goal and single minded skill to score that Les had and its a long time since we've had a striker that good and I don't remember us ever having a player who can do that somersault after scoring, although I seem to recall a few exuberant cartwheels in the past. I just hope he stays fit and keeps away from red cards and doesn't injure himself in his spectacular celebrations and we see many of them in the season to come.

Who's Next?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 19:21 - May 25 with 505 viewsgigiisourgod

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 19:16 - May 25 by SomersetHoops

Les Ferdinand had that ability to seem to hang in the air for a long time above much taller defenders Les was 5'-10'' I think. He was brilliant for us and did fantastically in his first season away from LR at Newcastle.

Sir Les had problems with his back as a result of the way he put everthing into springing into the air and as defenders are getting bigger he may have found it more difficult, but I would still back him at his peak to be very good.

Cissé has that eye for goal and single minded skill to score that Les had and its a long time since we've had a striker that good and I don't remember us ever having a player who can do that somersault after scoring, although I seem to recall a few exuberant cartwheels in the past. I just hope he stays fit and keeps away from red cards and doesn't injure himself in his spectacular celebrations and we see many of them in the season to come.

Cisse is pure and utter class. A joy to behold!
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 19:36 - May 25 with 497 viewsted_hendrix

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 11:58 - May 25 by Bluce_Ree

John Spencer.

He was ridiculously good for that season.

He was excellent up front, I think he had a huge row with our then Manager whats his name the Scots bloke and JS was never the same again.

Cisse though is awesome in or anywhere near the box, I'm still amazed we've got him tbh, he's a beast.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 20:17 - May 25 with 489 viewsbosh67

Sir Les was one of the best strikers of a ball we've had, but consistency wise, as far as I know, Furs was the best we've had for sheer shots v goals ratio. He had a few seasons where almost everything he hit rocketed in. Certainly the best left footed striker we've had. Cisse reminds me greatly of a right footed version of Furs.

The thing about Cisse is that he anticipates really well and ghosts into positions. His finishing is devastating. Can't wait to see him get better service next season and rip the perm up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 20:59 - May 25 with 480 viewsDylanP

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 20:17 - May 25 by bosh67

Sir Les was one of the best strikers of a ball we've had, but consistency wise, as far as I know, Furs was the best we've had for sheer shots v goals ratio. He had a few seasons where almost everything he hit rocketed in. Certainly the best left footed striker we've had. Cisse reminds me greatly of a right footed version of Furs.

The thing about Cisse is that he anticipates really well and ghosts into positions. His finishing is devastating. Can't wait to see him get better service next season and rip the perm up.

[Quote: "His finishing is devastating. Can't wait to see him get better service next season and rip the perm up"]

I don't think its a perm mate. I think his hair is naturally curly!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 23:19 - May 25 with 461 viewsMrSheen

Spencer was the best finisher I've ever seen at Rangers. How many of his goals hit the side-netting, rather than the back of the net? Les was a master at creating his own chances through his pace and power, which was just as well as his conversion rate wasn't top class. For all his brilliance on headers, he didn't have the icy six-yard box finish of the very best.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 23:27 - May 25 with 452 viewsShotKneesHoop

Mais oui, absolutement, Clive.

Cisse est Monsieur Merde Chaud.

Or, as they say in the White Horse "Sir Shit Hot".

Dyybril, I salute you, you Cockney Gent.

Now here's comes another balle cinquante - cinquante.... bang it in, mush.

Vous etes un legend en hoopsahhhhh.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 01:57 - May 26 with 428 viewsBluce_Ree

Also, Spencer seemed quite good at earning penalties. He loved to run into the box. Fking loved that wee fella.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 02:05 - May 26 with 426 viewseastside_r

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 01:57 - May 26 by Bluce_Ree

Also, Spencer seemed quite good at earning penalties. He loved to run into the box. Fking loved that wee fella.

Agreed. And probably one our best goal celebrators re. the 4-4 at Port vale.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 03:06 - May 26 with 412 viewsPommyhoop

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 19:21 - May 25 by gigiisourgod

Cisse is pure and utter class. A joy to behold!

Yep.Still cant bellieve we got him tbh.Must be the 'Hughes and ambition factor'.Having players like Cisse will show our ambition which will attract other class players in turn improving results in turn attracting other class players.
Stand aside SCUM we are coming through!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 05:17 - May 26 with 408 viewsMelakaRanger

Simple answer - YES HE IS
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 09:48 - May 26 with 376 viewsbigjohnw

Yes but would put a word in for Furs. Admittedly at a lower level but for me was was a fantastic servant to the club. Scored goals and made them.
Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 09:59 - May 26 with 373 viewsW12_Ranger

Is Cisse our best goalsorer since Sir Les? on 14:09 - May 25 by Toast_R

Sir Les was a hero of mine but in later times I have often wondered how Sir Les would have faired in the Premier League as it is today. In the early 90's the level or calibre of opponent was far less then it is today.

Les's game was based on speed and power and there were many a clogger that couldnt cope with that back then. Even the Man Utd team were a long way from making any impact on Europes elite.

Absolute rubbish to suggest that Sir Les was up against 'old cloggers' or the PL is far better nowadays

The likes of McGrath, Adams, Pallister, Bruce, Bould, Keown, Walker etc were defenders who'd walk into any of the top 4 nowadays.

I go as far as saying with the exception of Kompany and Vidic I'd struggle to name better defenders who have performed consistently year in year out presently playing in the PL than that list and theres others to add to it.

Give me MacDonald and Peacock any day over the likes of Ferdinand and Onohua
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024