Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where's Adel 17:37 - Sep 1 with 13571 viewswarwickhoop

Hasn't even made the bench.
I know its horses for courses but Dyer making the Bench in front of Adel.
Should we be worried?
where's Adel on 21:49 - Sep 1 with 1903 viewsDan_Aykroyd

where's Adel on 21:43 - Sep 1 by SpiritofGregory

He is too greedy, he needs to stop being stubborn and change. If he passes to his team mates and tracks back more often, he will become a complete player. He is a very talented player but that counts for nothing without discipline.

Even Ronaldo listened to Ferguson and cut out the tricks and selfish nonsense and now he is a much better player for it.

Who? John Ruddy?
where's Adel on 21:50 - Sep 1 with 1886 viewssmegma

where's Adel on 21:09 - Sep 1 by SpiritofGregory

Hughes has probably told him to release the ball earlier a million times and to track back and do more defensive work but he won't listen, just like he wouldn't listen to Redknapp when he was at Spurs. Looks like a short sharp shock treatment from Hughes.

A huge assumption on your part disguised as fact. You talk out of your arse , so much you remind me of this fella.

Happy birthday by the way.

where's Adel on 21:50 - Sep 1 with 1882 viewsEalingRanger

where's Adel on 21:49 - Sep 1 by Dan_Aykroyd

Who? John Ruddy?

Ruddy is always doing crazy tricks, he's the Ronaldinho of East-Anglia based goal keepers.
where's Adel on 21:53 - Sep 1 with 1871 viewsClive_Anderson

where's Adel on 21:50 - Sep 1 by EalingRanger

Ruddy is always doing crazy tricks, he's the Ronaldinho of East-Anglia based goal keepers.

He's a ruddy good keeper I know that.

If only he wasn't so greedy, I think the manager needs to show him who is boss by leaving him out for a few games.
where's Adel on 21:56 - Sep 1 with 1862 viewsSpiritofGregory

where's Adel on 21:50 - Sep 1 by smegma

A huge assumption on your part disguised as fact. You talk out of your arse , so much you remind me of this fella.

Happy birthday by the way.

Time will tell.
If Adel doesn't change, Hughes will get rid of him.
where's Adel on 22:08 - Sep 1 with 1829 viewsDan_Aykroyd

where's Adel on 21:56 - Sep 1 by SpiritofGregory

Time will tell.
If Adel doesn't change, Hughes will get rid of him.

Who? Mr Methane?
where's Adel on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 1807 viewsSuffolk

Adel is a luxury no team can afford when you are at the base of the league. Hughes likes all his players to put in a good defensive shift when we do not have possession. I concede that Adel has improved greatly in this respect but he is still a defensive liability. He needs a team built around him. The introduction of Granero and Hoillet indicates to me that Adel will be a bit part player at best.
where's Adel on 22:46 - Sep 1 with 1761 viewsgazza1

He aint good enough for the starting 11 let alone the subs bench .........end of.
Login to get fewer ads

where's Adel on 22:48 - Sep 1 with 1761 viewsRangersAreBack

Until Adel learns that it's a team game, he'll find himself on the periphery.
where's Adel on 22:58 - Sep 1 with 1738 viewsessextaxiboy

I think we have to back Hughes judgement for now but Adel is a big favourite and if results dont go right and he is continously left out LR will turn on Hughes.
where's Adel on 23:20 - Sep 1 with 1708 viewsSL4_Ranger

where's Adel on 22:48 - Sep 1 by RangersAreBack

Until Adel learns that it's a team game, he'll find himself on the periphery.

this.
where's Adel on 23:46 - Sep 1 with 1670 viewsQPR_ARG

where's Adel on 20:06 - Sep 1 by SL4_Ranger

ridiculous. You're saying because of his shirt number. He has to start, even if he has been playing terrible. Laughable.

No. I'm not saying that! Give me some credit (and respect!)

I'm saying if Hughes gives him a new contract and the number 10 shirt, then it is surely not a case of Adel falling off with the manager. That's my point.

Still not sure what happened today with him not even on the bench. I heard Hughes say good things about Adel in the run-in last season.

And the one who said Adel doesn't pass the ball must have been watching a different QPR when we got promoted and Adel had like 20 assists. Not his fault DJ Campbell misses in front of goal at home against Man Utd (for example).

He constantly creates chances and he gives the rest of the team a breather keeping the ball at his feet. Yes, he loses the ball at times and exposes the team, but that's what happens to play-makers when they try to play and not hoof it!
where's Adel on 23:46 - Sep 1 with 1670 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

It's a squad, not a team. Long hard season ahead.

Can't believe how many posters are so sure of themselves so early in the season re: tactics, personnel, MH's opinions.

It's got to be Yarg

where's Adel on 23:57 - Sep 1 with 1651 viewsQPR_ARG

One more thing...surrounded by better players, he'll have a better platform than last season to show what he can do.

No disrespect to the players we had around Adel last season, but they are nowhere near the standard we have now.

These new guys (plus the return of Alejandro) will give Adel partners with whom to play the ball at feet, play one-twos, try a trick or two and actually have some cover behind if he loses the ball, etc.

Granero, Park, Hoilett, Diakité, Faurlín...they all have some technique in them and for most of them it comes with tactical awareness too.

Add the fact that we have a couple strikers that can actually find the back of the net at this level and you have yourself a pretty solid proposition.

Can't wait to see Adel starting every single week. That's what he needs and that (even if it hurts some people on this thread/board) is what QPR need too.
where's Adel on 00:01 - Sep 2 with 1647 viewsAntti_Heinola

always a fun topic this. adel kept us in the championship, won us the league, and got us out of trouble 2nd half of last season with a series of mature and crucial performances, goals and assists. But for some it'll never be enough. every time in the last 2 and a half years when we've been desperate, he's pulled something out the bag far more often than anyone else... cardiff home and away, watford away, barnsley away, spurs and arsenal and stoke at home... i could go on. a talisman. he'll be back. he always comes back.

Bare bones.

where's Adel on 00:19 - Sep 2 with 1628 viewsMelakaRanger

where's Adel on 19:46 - Sep 1 by SpiritofGregory

Can't play him away at Man City because he doesn't pass the ball and is not interested in tracking back. That's why he never made it at Spurs, he is not a team player.

EXACTLY

And to be honest when Dyer came on he performed OK. Maybe just maybe he will be useful for us.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
where's Adel on 00:23 - Sep 2 with 1619 viewsbaz_qpr

To answer the OP

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/09/01/qpr-boss-explains-taarabt
where's Adel on 00:37 - Sep 2 with 1602 viewskensalriser

Fcking stupid conversation again, for the millionth time.

Taarabt was just about the only player v Swansea trying to make something happen, same thing happened in several games last season. Just as he did when we lost 3-0 at Ipswich a couple of years ago, only player worth the ticket price. Done just great in the league games since he was dropped, haven't we?

He may not be the best player in the squad any more but he's comfortably in the best half a dozen and I know who I'd rather keep at Rangers between him and Hughes, who has shown nothing to convince me so far that he has any talent whatsoever as a manager. Dyer and Wright-Phillips ahead of him is a joke.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

where's Adel on 02:39 - Sep 2 with 1564 viewsPommyhoop

where's Adel on 20:25 - Sep 1 by smegma

He was withdrawn as hes in the world angling championships tomorrow morning.

Bob Nudd is sh!tting himself ..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

where's Adel on 02:42 - Sep 2 with 1562 viewsPommyhoop

where's Adel on 00:01 - Sep 2 by Antti_Heinola

always a fun topic this. adel kept us in the championship, won us the league, and got us out of trouble 2nd half of last season with a series of mature and crucial performances, goals and assists. But for some it'll never be enough. every time in the last 2 and a half years when we've been desperate, he's pulled something out the bag far more often than anyone else... cardiff home and away, watford away, barnsley away, spurs and arsenal and stoke at home... i could go on. a talisman. he'll be back. he always comes back.

this .Whats funny .Hughes knows this .He knew it last season And he will know it this season .Even Warnock knew it when he was crawling up Barton's arse...and started to play him again..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

where's Adel on 07:27 - Sep 2 with 1505 viewsDylanP

where's Adel on 20:06 - Sep 1 by SL4_Ranger

ridiculous. You're saying because of his shirt number. He has to start, even if he has been playing terrible. Laughable.

No he wasnt saying that. He was saying that the fact that MH just gave him a new contract and the number 10 shirt is a sign that MH rates him.

That was a different point to the last sentence. I'm just sayin!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

where's Adel on 09:23 - Sep 2 with 1430 viewsreal_loftus

where's Adel on 00:01 - Sep 2 by Antti_Heinola

Yep

ATAF.

where's Adel on 09:58 - Sep 2 with 1393 viewsJoolzz

where's Adel on 22:16 - Sep 1 by Suffolk

Adel is a luxury no team can afford when you are at the base of the league. Hughes likes all his players to put in a good defensive shift when we do not have possession. I concede that Adel has improved greatly in this respect but he is still a defensive liability. He needs a team built around him. The introduction of Granero and Hoillet indicates to me that Adel will be a bit part player at best.

Does anyone actually know why he was left out of the suad yesterday,or is it all just guesswork?...if it is,then my guess would be that MH,knowing we would have to spend large parts of the game chasing shadows,chose to have SWP,Park,Mackie-type players rather than Adel.

Dont see anything wrong with that,IF that is what he was thinking.

For people to be questioning his value to the team is unbelievable imo.Without Adel last season,we would have been relegated if it hadnt been for his contributions v Arsenal,Spurs and Swansea,when we at the "base" of the league.

Totally disagree with your opinion that Granero and Hoillet were bought to replace Adel.Having 7-8 players that can all play in a front 4-5,interchanging positions with fluidity and pace,looks more like the way we are going to me.

All of our great teams have always had a "playmaker" or a highly gifted technical player that people love to watch.Marsh and Bowles were before my time.Wegerle,Byrne.Ferdinand and Sinclair,though not playmakers,were heroes.Lee Cook had 2 unbelievable seasons when he was unplayable.Its players like those,who produce the moments to remember,and Adel totally fits in that catergory.I dont go home after a match,replaying the way Park ran 20 miles tracking players back,and slide tackling everyone in sight.Adel beating 3 players and hitting the post or a 20 yard pass with the outside of the boot is the stuff i do like to think about,because i know,very very few players can do that.

We should be celebrating the fact we have a player with a unique and unbelievable talent that most players would kill to have.It takes 10 times more courage to pull off what Adel regulary does,than it does to run yourself into the ground tracking-back.

Oh,and hello to Gazza...remember having a similar conversation regarding Cookie years ago....
where's Adel on 10:19 - Sep 2 with 1354 viewsFearless

where's Adel on 09:58 - Sep 2 by Joolzz

Does anyone actually know why he was left out of the suad yesterday,or is it all just guesswork?...if it is,then my guess would be that MH,knowing we would have to spend large parts of the game chasing shadows,chose to have SWP,Park,Mackie-type players rather than Adel.

Dont see anything wrong with that,IF that is what he was thinking.

For people to be questioning his value to the team is unbelievable imo.Without Adel last season,we would have been relegated if it hadnt been for his contributions v Arsenal,Spurs and Swansea,when we at the "base" of the league.

Totally disagree with your opinion that Granero and Hoillet were bought to replace Adel.Having 7-8 players that can all play in a front 4-5,interchanging positions with fluidity and pace,looks more like the way we are going to me.

All of our great teams have always had a "playmaker" or a highly gifted technical player that people love to watch.Marsh and Bowles were before my time.Wegerle,Byrne.Ferdinand and Sinclair,though not playmakers,were heroes.Lee Cook had 2 unbelievable seasons when he was unplayable.Its players like those,who produce the moments to remember,and Adel totally fits in that catergory.I dont go home after a match,replaying the way Park ran 20 miles tracking players back,and slide tackling everyone in sight.Adel beating 3 players and hitting the post or a 20 yard pass with the outside of the boot is the stuff i do like to think about,because i know,very very few players can do that.

We should be celebrating the fact we have a player with a unique and unbelievable talent that most players would kill to have.It takes 10 times more courage to pull off what Adel regulary does,than it does to run yourself into the ground tracking-back.

Oh,and hello to Gazza...remember having a similar conversation regarding Cookie years ago....

Spot on.

Also, for those that say Adel isn't our best player anymore, I disagree.

Currently:

He's still our best player because he's done it.
He was the catalyst for our promotion
He scored or made the goals.
Moments of sheer brilliance
He came good last season too.

All the other players we've signed have achieved nothing for us yet.
I hope they do, but currently nothing - they may have great pedigrees, but let's wait and see - once they achieve, then let's hold them in high regard.

Just my opinion.
where's Adel on 10:24 - Sep 2 with 1339 viewsThGrimRanger

Can't remember a debate that has split opinion down the middle like this one.

As for me I'm in the 'he's a liability' camp. Just have to look at the way he struts around to realise he's a total cock.

TheGrimRanger

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024