Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans to decide next season's kits 09:07 - Nov 2 with 3913 viewsColDale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530
Fans to decide next season's kits on 19:49 - Nov 2 with 916 viewskrafty80

So hands up who thinks quitting the Nike agreement is a decision that has been vindicated...?

Awful selection of aesthetic ineptitude. A '90s pub team' is a disservice to the Dog & Duck's 1993 third kit. It is not good enough to say they'll be 'tweaked' before being unveiled...how much 'tweaking' do we think Nike did to their off-the-shelf black/white shirt design for our Centenary season? AND long sleeves were available on the replica shirts too, the sort of commercial optioneering we already know JD won't offer.

But credit to the club for getting the fans' say at least. It's progress of a sort.
Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:07 - Nov 2 with 890 viewsSalwaDale

Fans to decide next season's kits on 19:49 - Nov 2 by krafty80

So hands up who thinks quitting the Nike agreement is a decision that has been vindicated...?

Awful selection of aesthetic ineptitude. A '90s pub team' is a disservice to the Dog & Duck's 1993 third kit. It is not good enough to say they'll be 'tweaked' before being unveiled...how much 'tweaking' do we think Nike did to their off-the-shelf black/white shirt design for our Centenary season? AND long sleeves were available on the replica shirts too, the sort of commercial optioneering we already know JD won't offer.

But credit to the club for getting the fans' say at least. It's progress of a sort.

Long sleeves are available on current shirts, aren't they?

TBBT

Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:09 - Nov 2 with 890 views442Dale

Fans to decide next season's kits on 19:49 - Nov 2 by krafty80

While agreeing Nike was a superior brand, it dies need pointing out that this year's kits look quite nice and are available in long sleeves.

I'm not a massive fan of any of these designs, and I'm amazed these companies don't actually use fans in designing strips before they are even put forward to clubs. The thought process surrounding what looks good, what will sell and what is practical (do the home and away kits sodding clash!) is thought about much more by supporters than manufacturers or clubs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:40 - Nov 2 with 871 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Fans to decide next season's kits on 16:41 - Nov 2 by SalwaDale

Interesting that it takes until now before someone posts that. Think we've now just accepted that as the norm.

Been busy at work :-D
Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:45 - Nov 2 with 862 viewskrafty80

Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:07 - Nov 2 by SalwaDale

Long sleeves are available on current shirts, aren't they?

When I asked, club shop said long sleeves only available for the children's version apparently.
Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:48 - Nov 2 with 856 views442Dale

Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:45 - Nov 2 by krafty80

When I asked, club shop said long sleeves only available for the children's version apparently.

Must have sold out. Have definitely seen adults in long sleeve shirts.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans to decide next season's kits on 21:57 - Nov 2 with 833 viewsJorDale

Whoever votes for anything from 2 you are blind!! the other 2 away kits are nice, fila dosnt get my juices flowing im afriad though, think we need to jump on the nike/addidas band waggon..
Fans to decide next season's kits on 22:03 - Nov 2 with 825 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Fans to decide next season's kits on 21:57 - Nov 2 by JorDale

Whoever votes for anything from 2 you are blind!! the other 2 away kits are nice, fila dosnt get my juices flowing im afriad though, think we need to jump on the nike/addidas band waggon..

If they'd of been very unique and used the Fila White Line brand Logo on the shirt then that would be a very sexy and appealing shirt

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Fans to decide next season's kits on 23:01 - Nov 2 with 797 viewsSpike

Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:45 - Nov 2 by krafty80

They did have a VERY limited number of long sleeved shirts in adult sizes, both home and away.
Fans to decide next season's kits on 10:49 - Nov 3 with 739 viewsSaxonDale

Fans to decide next season's kits on 18:19 - Nov 2 by AtThePeake

Good idea giving the fans the choice, I just don't like the choices.

Option 1: The away kit clashes even more with the home kit than our promotion season purple kit did. There are also way too many stripes.

Option 2: Good amount of stripes, but the collar and the white trim between the main body and the sleeves give it a very generic 90's pub team look. Not a fan at all. The away kit has a similar feel, and I'm not a massive fan of yellow as it is.

Option 3: Not enough stripes, and I don't understand that little white triangle thing underneath the collar. The away kit is fairly smart, but as people have already said, it looks like a Bury shirt.

I'll be sticking to my retro shirts I think. They're cheaper for a start and don't go out of date after one season...

As for the 'another year another 2 shirts rip off', if the club only released one home every two years and one away every two years there would be people complaining that we aren't maximising profit avenues and keeping up with our rivals. I'm glad the club are releasing two shirts a season, it's just that I won't be buying any of them.

Agree completely with that summary of the kits. None of the options on display are as nice as this season's kits IMO. Bring back Urbans to design a kit I say.
Fans to decide next season's kits on 14:54 - Nov 3 with 700 viewsRotherhamDale

Can we not just keep this seasons kit?

Possession with progression.

Fans to decide next season's kits on 18:23 - Nov 3 with 671 viewsdavidab2202

Home Kit 1 Away Kit 2

But would prefer to see blue shorts with whatever kit is chosen,rather then the current white.
Fans to decide next season's kits on 21:38 - Nov 3 with 649 viewsShun

Re AtThePeake's final paragraph - glad someone said it!

Home kit number 2 is awful. Please don't vote for that. Although yellow away kits are growing on me.
Home 1 and away 2 for me.
Fans to decide next season's kits on 11:56 - Nov 4 with 607 viewsSaxonDale

Home kit 1 Away kit 3
Fans to decide next season's kits on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 572 viewsBeefCurtain

Second home (I like the collar)
First away (Really nice colour scheme)

I think we've been given some pretty decent options!

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Fans to decide next season's kits on 20:57 - Nov 4 with 539 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Fans to decide next season's kits on 17:46 - Nov 4 by BeefCurtain

Second home (I like the collar)
First away (Really nice colour scheme)

I think we've been given some pretty decent options!

I like the White retro one at the very top - Walling, Symonds and Co - I would buy that if we played in it - Umbro made it I think and would sell more than the current one as different - Why no eh - we seem to be going backwards so :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Fans to decide next season's kits on 10:53 - Nov 5 with 511 viewsCockneyDale

Home 3, Away 2 (though i like Away 1, but it's dark and therefore too similar to home strip).

That said, I'm not impressed by the styling on any of them. There is definitely better styling on the kits made by Nike & Adidas, to name but two. I'm sure we get less profit per shirt with them though.

For what it's worth, I prefer this season's home shirt to any of these three. Stripes are good width and good colours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024