Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1990 Season 10:23 - Dec 8 with 1363 viewsaves

Thinking about our current plight, does anybody have any memories of the time that we were in the old 1st Div, lost our whole back four in a week, went 9 games without a point and were rock bottom,went out and bought Peacock, Brevitt & Tillson from the lower leagues and finished the last 13 games unbeaten. I think we finished about 8th that year.

Just wondering as David Bardsley is following me on Twitter.
1990 Season on 10:30 - Dec 8 with 1346 viewsloftboy

Added bobby Gould to the coaching team, derby away 1990 was the first time that I saw a team out on the pitch having a training session, we were unlucky to draw 1-1 and the season kicked on from there.
In them days the players came out ten minutes before ko and just belted a few balls at the keeper, quite visionary was Bobby.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

1990 Season on 10:36 - Dec 8 with 1336 viewsQPRDave

Beat Luton 6-1 Parker scored, Wegerle's goal at Leeds , we had Ceaser in defence won at Anfield 3-1
1990 Season on 11:04 - Dec 8 with 1307 viewsCheshireR

I remember it well. We started the season well, but then had the nightmare run to December. Gould made a big difference when he came on board. That Derby game was the turning point. Darren Peacocks debut and he was awesome.
1990 Season on 11:12 - Dec 8 with 1300 viewsdaveB

we had a run where we seemed to lose 3-1 every week. At Wimbledon we were 2-0 down and singing "2-0 your only winning 2-0, everyone else they score 3, your only winning 2-0". hey scored again shortly after.

We were dreadful with tons of injuries at the back but after that draw at derby we drew at home to Liverpool with a grobelaar special gifting us a point and then had a epic game against Sunderland, Stejskal saved a penalty, we won 3-2 and started to improve.

Also an injury to Wegerle actually helped as it got Ferdinand in the team and he scored 7 in 7 with most of them winning goals.

Gould was the key that year though, he really sorted that defence out and i still think Don Howe was unlucky to get the sack at the end of the season
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024