Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? 00:31 - Dec 16 with 7154 viewsprestondale

Having watched Gary Jones in the week, then watched this clown pass the ball to every player in red it is about time he was BINNED

I liked him in the early games but since the injury he has been shocking, For me the highlight of today was when he was subbed. He is our CAPTAIN and he is one of the worst players I have seen in a Dale shirt since from Michael Simpkins!
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 1306 viewsjudd

Perhaps the answer is to play Cavanagh at right back, where he has played most of his career, freeing up central midfield and perhaps giving us some much needed width.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 1292 viewsphomem

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 00:33 - Dec 16 by judd

He's nowhere near as bad as the prolific* George Donnelly, who has me pining for the clown shoes of MBH.

Agreed he was truly awful yesterday
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 10:54 - Dec 16 with 1256 viewschuckleberry

There isn't a witchunt against Donnelly, he simply isn't good enough. The fact that he has more yellow cards than goals this season is an indicator.
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? (n/t) on 10:58 - Dec 16 with 1246 views14bowlers

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:00 - Dec 16 with 1239 views14bowlers

He is without doubt one of the worst players EVER to wear a Dale shirt. Been watching Dale for 60 years now and seen a few bad players, but this guy surely is the number one .
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:01 - Dec 16 with 1232 viewsjudd

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:00 - Dec 16 by 14bowlers

He is without doubt one of the worst players EVER to wear a Dale shirt. Been watching Dale for 60 years now and seen a few bad players, but this guy surely is the number one .

Which player?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:11 - Dec 16 with 1214 views14bowlers

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:01 - Dec 16 by judd

Which player?

captain bloody awful cavanagh
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:17 - Dec 16 with 1198 viewsMAlert

Cavanagh is a shocking player and a very bad example as a Captain.
How can you have a captain who has been banned for betting against his own team, what a complete creep.
He has no backbone.
The Observer shows what a useless rag it is by allowing him print space.
As for the mighty Gary Jones I dont hold him on the pedalstill that many do , I feel he held this club back for many years by sticking his nose in team affairs and being petty with certain players.
he hardly played in our promotion season in fact when he came back we nearly missed the finishing post LOL
Admit he scored a lot of goals in his first season in Dic one but the team allowed that with good midfielders around him doing the job.
he gave the ball away quite a lot on Tuesday lucky that Arsenal are so bad.
But nevermind past players, Cavanagh must go.
Login to get fewer ads

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:31 - Dec 16 with 1177 viewsD_Alien

Its not just that Cavanagh's now not up to it and sets absolutely no example as captain; he also serves the purpose of totally draining the morale and effectiveness of JK and Tutte, our two talented midfielders. Yes, they've been missing in action recently - is it any wonder?

Can't really blame Cav himself, he's being paid to do a job he's not capable of - its the paymaster.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:39 - Dec 16 with 1165 viewsMAlert

I agree D_Alien, I shouldnt be so harsh on the players its not their fault if they are not good enough. I always hark back to Joey Thompson, poor lad was hopeless but seems to have got himslef a good pay day good luck to him.
The manager isnt doing his mates any good by putting them in the firing line if they not good enough, then again I never understand managers who stick by their favourites who are clearly not good enough even when it puts their own livelihod on the line.
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:40 - Dec 16 with 1163 viewsColDale

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:31 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

Its not just that Cavanagh's now not up to it and sets absolutely no example as captain; he also serves the purpose of totally draining the morale and effectiveness of JK and Tutte, our two talented midfielders. Yes, they've been missing in action recently - is it any wonder?

Can't really blame Cav himself, he's being paid to do a job he's not capable of - its the paymaster.

I'm not one for cav bashing as too often he's been made the scapegoat, but my understanding of the midfield set up we have is that it is to offer protection to the defence yet we still have the worst defensive run in close to 20 years.
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:45 - Dec 16 with 1154 viewsD_Alien

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:40 - Dec 16 by ColDale

I'm not one for cav bashing as too often he's been made the scapegoat, but my understanding of the midfield set up we have is that it is to offer protection to the defence yet we still have the worst defensive run in close to 20 years.

Is that because, in that vital role, he gives neither the attacking midfield ahead of him or the defence behind him any confidence that he'll either a) set the ball rolling in attack or b) provide the first line of security? His main option seems to be to commit a foul, having been out-thought or outpaced in the first instance.

Therefore, Tutte and JK are having to worry about more than they should be, and their first thought is going to be "have we got enough numbers at the back" - rendering our already scant attacking options even less effective, especially without the get-out option of the wide man; therefore its hoofball. The options we had against Bristol Rovers showed how it can be done, but that lasted the sum total of one game!!

On the defensive side, young players are looking to their captain for an example, and when they see him bypassed so easily, is it any wonder panic sets in? And that includes Lillis.

Quite clearly, I'm not a managerial genius, but if someone can offer a better explanation, I'm happy to hear it!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 12:02 - Dec 16 with 1130 viewsSalwaDale

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 09:44 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

No witchhunt, he's just not good enough. Dean Walling tried hard, he wasn't good enough either. Jason Anders tried hard, he wasn't good enough either. Jon Shaw tried hard and has twice the ability and he wasn't good enough either (at the time, but he'd be fine now).

It's a poor do if fans can't make an honest assessment on a player after months worth of evidence. Running about should be within the capabilities of anyone, if it becomes a player's main attribute (look how many times it's mentioned as just that in Donnelly's case), then the player in question isn't really up to much.

But Dean Walling was good enough, just not up front.

Tweeting George at centre back on Friday?

TBBT

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 14:20 - Dec 16 with 1063 viewssykeboy

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:40 - Dec 16 by ColDale

and he's not the best in the squad at that role as the results showed when out injured,maybe a spell at full back might be the answer because those tried at rb are not good enough & teams have now worked that out hence goal after goal now coming from wide positions
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 16:10 - Dec 16 with 1005 views49thseason

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 11:45 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

Is that because, in that vital role, he gives neither the attacking midfield ahead of him or the defence behind him any confidence that he'll either a) set the ball rolling in attack or b) provide the first line of security? His main option seems to be to commit a foul, having been out-thought or outpaced in the first instance.

Therefore, Tutte and JK are having to worry about more than they should be, and their first thought is going to be "have we got enough numbers at the back" - rendering our already scant attacking options even less effective, especially without the get-out option of the wide man; therefore its hoofball. The options we had against Bristol Rovers showed how it can be done, but that lasted the sum total of one game!!

On the defensive side, young players are looking to their captain for an example, and when they see him bypassed so easily, is it any wonder panic sets in? And that includes Lillis.

Quite clearly, I'm not a managerial genius, but if someone can offer a better explanation, I'm happy to hear it!

I reckon that's about the size of it. Basically he isn't good enough to defend or attack and just causes confusion in his own ranks. The whole defence is lacking confidence and he does nothing to instil some. Better to play BBM in front of the back 4, at least he adds some height and is capable of finding a blue shirt (or yellow if that's our new strip).

As for Donnelly.... If he plays till he's 40 he still wont have any idea what he's doing. Utterly gormless. No innate talent for the game, no professional-level skill, can't head. can't jump, can't pass, can't shoot, fouls a lot. Can run fast - Its not a great CV is it?

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:06 - Dec 16 with 914 viewssweetcorn

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 16:10 - Dec 16 by 49thseason

I reckon that's about the size of it. Basically he isn't good enough to defend or attack and just causes confusion in his own ranks. The whole defence is lacking confidence and he does nothing to instil some. Better to play BBM in front of the back 4, at least he adds some height and is capable of finding a blue shirt (or yellow if that's our new strip).

As for Donnelly.... If he plays till he's 40 he still wont have any idea what he's doing. Utterly gormless. No innate talent for the game, no professional-level skill, can't head. can't jump, can't pass, can't shoot, fouls a lot. Can run fast - Its not a great CV is it?

to be fair, he has a decent leap on him.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:22 - Dec 16 with 895 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:06 - Dec 16 by sweetcorn

to be fair, he has a decent leap on him.

Which he mistimes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:30 - Dec 16 with 885 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I think he'd benefit if we loaned to a Conference/Conference North/Evo-Stik Premier Club for the rest of the season to gain some type of fitness

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:41 - Dec 16 with 862 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:30 - Dec 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

I think he'd benefit if we loaned to a Conference/Conference North/Evo-Stik Premier Club for the rest of the season to gain some type of fitness

Who?

Fitness isn't an issue with either Cavanagh or Donnelly.

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:43 - Dec 16 with 859 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:41 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

Who?

Fitness isn't an issue with either Cavanagh or Donnelly.

He didn't look good enough for a Starting XI player the last 3 dale games i saw

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:44 - Dec 16 with 855 viewsSalwaDale

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:43 - Dec 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

Who?

TBBT

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:45 - Dec 16 with 849 views442Dale

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:43 - Dec 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

But not being good enough has nothing to do with fitness.

Unless it's Mark Leonard. He ticked every box.

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 19:22 - Dec 16 with 828 viewsdalefan

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 01:51 - Dec 16 by Will_RAFC

I don't understand why people don't see what Cavanagh does for the team. He breaks up the passing play of Tutte and Kennedy to ensure the football we play isn't too pretty and gives us the chance to attempt to foul the opposition before they put the ball in the net.

Seriously though, he has no business still being in the team. His form is appalling, and by my reckoning him and McIntyre are the only outfield players not to be dropped due to poor form. A sign of Coleman's favourites? The likes of Rafferty and Grimes are dropped at any opportunity but these two clowns are given chance after chance to prove how appalling and past it they are. He doesn't even seem to have any leadership qualities as the organisation of the team in the last few weeks has been non existant.

I think the fact Cavanagh has played in 19 games and we've won 3 tells you everything you need to know. Undefeated in 7 without him, winning 5. No coincidence.

Agree totally with this
Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 19:27 - Dec 16 with 819 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 18:45 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

But not being good enough has nothing to do with fitness.

Unless it's Mark Leonard. He ticked every box.

He certainly wouldn't be in my selection of the matchday 18 and i would of had Logan on yesterday instead of Craney i bet he'd of showed alot more passion about the mighty dale but i think something major needs to happen in the changing rooms for our form to improve to pick up these remaining 20 points needed for security in this messed up League

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 19:48 - Dec 16 with 794 viewschuckleberry

Peter Cavanagh- Captain fantastic? on 19:27 - Dec 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

He certainly wouldn't be in my selection of the matchday 18 and i would of had Logan on yesterday instead of Craney i bet he'd of showed alot more passion about the mighty dale but i think something major needs to happen in the changing rooms for our form to improve to pick up these remaining 20 points needed for security in this messed up League

But who?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024