Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth FC 19:58 - Dec 26 with 2519 viewsthehat

Lost at home to Crawley today.

Anyone think thats what we are heading for?
Portsmouth FC on 20:03 - Dec 26 with 2503 viewsWeaverQPR

TF says he has a plan if we get relegated, im worried TF's plan is just to buy more fcking players.

@WeavQPR

Portsmouth FC on 20:07 - Dec 26 with 2481 viewsHayesender

His plan is probably to f*$k off away from west London

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Portsmouth FC on 21:13 - Dec 26 with 2404 viewsPacal_Votan

This board was a good laugh before the
waTR'spakkers turned up.

"Try the whine!!!"

Portsmouth FC on 22:22 - Dec 26 with 2371 viewsbaz_qpr

No
Portsmouth FC on 22:25 - Dec 26 with 2366 viewsEalingRanger

Every game we lose feels like a nail in the coffin and a step on the road to being like Pompey. I really really hope I'm wrong though.
Portsmouth FC on 23:25 - Dec 26 with 2315 viewshblocker

Portsmouth FC on 22:25 - Dec 26 by EalingRanger

Every game we lose feels like a nail in the coffin and a step on the road to being like Pompey. I really really hope I'm wrong though.

I think that was the first shovel of soil on lid my self.
Portsmouth FC on 23:39 - Dec 26 with 2295 viewsrosseeles

If we take tony on his word and that all we can do then no...I don't see , even with our wage bill how well end up like Pompey. Relegation needn't be the end of the world for us....if lessons are learnt
Portsmouth FC on 11:20 - Dec 27 with 2183 viewsMoonshineSteve

No.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth FC on 11:21 - Dec 27 with 2178 viewsklr

Portsmouth FC on 11:20 - Dec 27 by MoonshineSteve

No.

When you have people like Shaun Wright-Phillips on the wage bill I think you have to worry.

Bleed the club dry.
Portsmouth FC on 12:05 - Dec 27 with 2138 viewsadhoc_qpr

Pompey's not a good comparison, because despite his blunders and woeful decision making i don't think Tony is a crook like the succession of Pompey owners. However, other teams like Soton, Charlton and Man City are probably fair comparisons for teams who have dropped like a stone in the past.

I can see us dropping straight through the Championship to League One if the worst happens, we've developed a real losing culture and mentality as a club that will be hard to shift.
Portsmouth FC on 12:09 - Dec 27 with 2126 viewsklr

Portsmouth FC on 12:05 - Dec 27 by adhoc_qpr

Pompey's not a good comparison, because despite his blunders and woeful decision making i don't think Tony is a crook like the succession of Pompey owners. However, other teams like Soton, Charlton and Man City are probably fair comparisons for teams who have dropped like a stone in the past.

I can see us dropping straight through the Championship to League One if the worst happens, we've developed a real losing culture and mentality as a club that will be hard to shift.

Spot on. The "Culture" of our club now is a complete anathema to everything that Neil Warnock achieved in our title winning season, clubs like Norwich & Swansea built on it, we destroyed it.

We deserve everything we get.
Portsmouth FC on 12:14 - Dec 27 with 2118 viewsJonDoeman

Portsmouth FC on 12:09 - Dec 27 by klr

Spot on. The "Culture" of our club now is a complete anathema to everything that Neil Warnock achieved in our title winning season, clubs like Norwich & Swansea built on it, we destroyed it.

Kunt apparently!

It Is What It Is !!

Portsmouth FC on 12:19 - Dec 27 with 2104 viewsRangersw12

As long as we have a club and play in blue and white hoops I don't care what league we are in

We are not ready for Premier league and the sooner we get relegated and back to our true level the better

Portsmouth FC on 12:25 - Dec 27 with 2090 viewsR_from_afar

Whilst I would never assume this won't happen to the Rs, having experienced the soul-crushing lows of a QPR facing extinction before, I don't feel we are headed in that direction. The noises Redknapp has been making indicate that the days of lavishing wads of cash on a load of new signings are behind us, at least for the foreseeable future.

I feel reasonably optimistic about the future. We have a proven manager and a committed board, as far as anyone can tell.

That said, I keep seeing posts from fans who seem to think TF is getting in the way of the queue of man and boy Rangers fans who have lived all their lives within spitting distance of Loftus Road and who just happen to be million/billionaires with a burning desire to buy our club and spend all their money on us.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Portsmouth FC on 12:35 - Dec 27 with 2075 viewsHulahoop7

Portsmouth FC on 12:09 - Dec 27 by klr

Tony was naive, yes buying loads of players and expecting instant success was and still is anti football but let's be honest who wasn't excited at the beginning of the season, it didn't work out but FYI we don't deserve everything we get, and we won't be the next pompey Tony seems to be genuine.
Portsmouth FC on 12:41 - Dec 27 with 2062 viewsklr

Portsmouth FC on 12:35 - Dec 27 by Hulahoop7

Tony was naive, yes buying loads of players and expecting instant success was and still is anti football but let's be honest who wasn't excited at the beginning of the season, it didn't work out but FYI we don't deserve everything we get, and we won't be the next pompey Tony seems to be genuine.

We DO deserve everything we get; we treated the players that got us here in the first place like sh!t & moved them aside for a bunch of absolute c*nts on 4 x the wages at the first available opportunity, its a kind of footballing Karma & we deserve it.

The QPR thing was "Hollywood Football" & it was ridiculous, we did the opposite of Norwich, Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, its embarrassing how badly wrong we got it & how much money we threw at it, whose fault is it if it isnt the owners ?
Portsmouth FC on 13:00 - Dec 27 with 2043 viewshoof_hearted

Portsmouth FC on 12:19 - Dec 27 by Rangersw12

As long as we have a club and play in blue and white hoops I don't care what league we are in

We are not ready for Premier league and the sooner we get relegated and back to our true level the better

+1

Pompey fans may well get the ownership of the club held by their trust and that is the best way.

It means they have to live within their budget and never get carried away with fanciful dreams.

It means supporters are genuinely supporting the club and aren't an unfortunate by-product to provide atmosphere for the tv companies.

It means the clubs is run honestly and for the benefit of the supporters.

It means the board are constantly operating for the benefit of the club and are accountable to the members.

Portsmouth may well end up being luck if they go down this route. They can have the pleasure of earning and enjoying anything they get without being led to ruin any more.

Portsmouth FC on 13:40 - Dec 27 with 2013 viewsMattnme

Portsmouth FC on 13:00 - Dec 27 by hoof_hearted

+1

Pompey fans may well get the ownership of the club held by their trust and that is the best way.

It means they have to live within their budget and never get carried away with fanciful dreams.

It means supporters are genuinely supporting the club and aren't an unfortunate by-product to provide atmosphere for the tv companies.

It means the clubs is run honestly and for the benefit of the supporters.

It means the board are constantly operating for the benefit of the club and are accountable to the members.

Portsmouth may well end up being luck if they go down this route. They can have the pleasure of earning and enjoying anything they get without being led to ruin any more.

Although you may right, history has proved on too many occassions with power comes a change of values.
Portsmouth FC on 14:02 - Dec 27 with 1987 viewskarl

It could be worse, we might be like Liverpool
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024