Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Fan in peace 20:34 - Mar 20 with 3110 viewsbarnsley1

How's Keith doing since his return?

Does he seem any different a character?
Barnsley Fan in peace on 21:25 - Mar 20 with 3049 viewsdownunder

Go and ask WhiteyBFC, he knows everything.
Barnsley Fan in peace on 21:29 - Mar 20 with 3024 views442Dale

He does now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Barnsley Fan in peace on 00:49 - Mar 21 with 2889 viewsdale_spotland

Evening Barnsley1, To answer your first question after a slightly dodgy start things are definitely looking up, mainly just because we've seen the return of a 442 which we haven't seen since he left! The results may not show it but the football we are playing the last couple of weeks has been brilliant, especially on Tuesday night when we dominated about 80 minutes of the game against top of the league Gillingham.

To answer your 2nd question, he definitely seems a different character, appearing to be a lot more humble in the things he says and how he comes across saying it. Basically I think being sacked at Barnsley has shrunk his head just a little, however i'm sure this will return at the first opportunity!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Barnsley Fan in peace on 15:39 - Mar 24 with 2530 viewsbarnsley1

Barnsley Fan in peace on 00:49 - Mar 21 by dale_spotland

Evening Barnsley1, To answer your first question after a slightly dodgy start things are definitely looking up, mainly just because we've seen the return of a 442 which we haven't seen since he left! The results may not show it but the football we are playing the last couple of weeks has been brilliant, especially on Tuesday night when we dominated about 80 minutes of the game against top of the league Gillingham.

To answer your 2nd question, he definitely seems a different character, appearing to be a lot more humble in the things he says and how he comes across saying it. Basically I think being sacked at Barnsley has shrunk his head just a little, however i'm sure this will return at the first opportunity!

Cheers mate, I watch Dale's progress with interest. I know there is a lot of bitter feeling towards my club because of Parkin and then more so, Hillcroft. However, that feeling isn't mutual and it is understandble. We lost our messiah (wilson) to Sheffield Wednesday and it bloody hurt - even worse so when it was to a butter rival.

I liked Hill at Barnsley, I think he is a good manager but he made a fatal error - he squared up to the fans. He also tried to play down the fan's expectations (understandably) but this came across as being disrespectful to the club. He also ran out of ideas towards the end and lost the plot. Flicker has tweaked things and is reaping the rewards of Hill's good recruitment. I get the feeling that the players have a bit more respect for Flicker than they did for Hill.

Hope he manages to turn you lot round and stays with you this time, a good honest football club trying to do things the right way - same as BFC.
Barnsley Fan in peace on 18:24 - Mar 24 with 2429 viewsTVOS1907

Barnsley Fan in peace on 15:39 - Mar 24 by barnsley1

Cheers mate, I watch Dale's progress with interest. I know there is a lot of bitter feeling towards my club because of Parkin and then more so, Hillcroft. However, that feeling isn't mutual and it is understandble. We lost our messiah (wilson) to Sheffield Wednesday and it bloody hurt - even worse so when it was to a butter rival.

I liked Hill at Barnsley, I think he is a good manager but he made a fatal error - he squared up to the fans. He also tried to play down the fan's expectations (understandably) but this came across as being disrespectful to the club. He also ran out of ideas towards the end and lost the plot. Flicker has tweaked things and is reaping the rewards of Hill's good recruitment. I get the feeling that the players have a bit more respect for Flicker than they did for Hill.

Hope he manages to turn you lot round and stays with you this time, a good honest football club trying to do things the right way - same as BFC.

Do you think Barnsley fans' expectations are realistic?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Barnsley Fan in peace on 22:49 - Mar 24 with 2357 viewsbarnsley1

Barnsley Fan in peace on 18:24 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Do you think Barnsley fans' expectations are realistic?

Yes, I do.

We expect to compete in the championship. We re the longest serving club in the second tier in England.

Being told by hill week in week out they we had no right to even draw against opponents was wrong, as has been proved by his departure - promotion form.
Barnsley Fan in peace on 18:38 - Mar 25 with 2216 viewsnordenblue

Barnsley Fan in peace on 22:49 - Mar 24 by barnsley1

Yes, I do.

We expect to compete in the championship. We re the longest serving club in the second tier in England.

Being told by hill week in week out they we had no right to even draw against opponents was wrong, as has been proved by his departure - promotion form.

Longest serving club doesn't mean you should be competing for promotion though or anywhere near for that matter,its easy to win a few games in a short time scale it would be a whole world different over 40 odd games that's for sure,with the parachute payments to everyone relegated from the prem it means the leagues getting stronger and as a result teams like you get weaker over time.
Hilly is quite right in his comments that clubs like Barnsley can't compete financially with most teams in that leagues,that's just common sense?!!
Barnsley Fan in peace on 20:28 - Mar 25 with 2154 viewsbarnsley1

Barnsley Fan in peace on 18:38 - Mar 25 by nordenblue

Longest serving club doesn't mean you should be competing for promotion though or anywhere near for that matter,its easy to win a few games in a short time scale it would be a whole world different over 40 odd games that's for sure,with the parachute payments to everyone relegated from the prem it means the leagues getting stronger and as a result teams like you get weaker over time.
Hilly is quite right in his comments that clubs like Barnsley can't compete financially with most teams in that leagues,that's just common sense?!!

When did I mention promotion?

I expect us to compete. There is a difference. The way hill talked, we didn't even deserve to be there, which is b&llocks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024