Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest Figures 06:13 - Mar 30 with 12113 viewsR17ALE

Have arrived to shareholders and they show a healthy profit from our relegation season, but scratching beneath the surface they are also alarming. We received £985,715 in transfer fees (£477,664 the previous year) and we showed a profit of £350,000.

However, the contributaries to the cause, ie the commercial department all showed a decrease in every area. Goldbond looks to be down by about £300 per week and we have got to close the shop. It is costing us a player to keep it open!

Brace yourselves....

Shop sales fell from £130,000 to £80,000. Cost of shop purchases was £58,000. You can take out £12,000 at least from the £80,000 as that is coach travel money which continues to be accounted for incorrectly. So we've basically spent £58k to produce £68k and we've paid someone £x to do it.

And the board wonder why fans are staying away, and constantly wonder "what problem?"

FFS, it's there in black and white. Again.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Latest Figures on 12:17 - Apr 1 with 1226 viewsSuddenLad

Latest Figures on 12:03 - Apr 1 by R17ALE

You've hit the nail rather neatly on the head there D_Alien.

1. We failed to grasp the opportunity to turn our club, permanently, into a bigger club with different aspirations. This was a commercial opportunity missed, along with all the others.

2. I dread the scenario in the summer that the Board feel unable to match Hill's budget requests, and he leaves under a cloud. A cloud that an extra £100,000 in the coffers might have lifted.

It's so typically Dale that a mammoth thread bemoaning so much, comes after our 2 most profitable years ever! You really couldn't make it up! I remember the joys of the 1980's when there was celebration at turning in a profit of around £2000 and avoiding re-election. So, on reflection, we've done a lot right too.

I was having an interesting conversation with another long-standing Dale fan, earlier this week about the re-appointment of KH and the way it may all unravel come the end of the season.

It seems to me (us) that there is a real danger here that the Board will be unable or unwilling to show that they are 'as ambitious' as KH deems 'necessary' to be able to continue in his role beyond the end of this season. Let's not underestimate the size of the job that KH will have in the summer. Bigger than any of his predecessors.

In that sense, KH is almost a 'human shield' for the Board to be able to point the finger at him, when (if) he decides to walk away. They can claim that he was 'unrealistic' or 'never a long term option' or whatever else they choose to describe the situation.

That way, the average supporter blames KH for jumping ship again and effectively leaves the Board looking like the innocent bystander.

It would surely be in everyone's interests to get KH to sign on the dotted line NOW and thus give a strong indication to everybody that the Board are committed to him and his plans and vice versa.

Needless dithering only creates an atmosphere of doubt and uncertainty when we should surely looking to promote the next season before this one finishes and whilst people are still making the trip to Spotland for games.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Latest Figures on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 1199 viewsfunkkk

We have a thread like this every few months and nothing changes. Clearly there's enough people who care so why don't we as a fan base do something about it?
Latest Figures on 12:37 - Apr 1 with 1190 views442Dale

Latest Figures on 12:17 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

I was having an interesting conversation with another long-standing Dale fan, earlier this week about the re-appointment of KH and the way it may all unravel come the end of the season.

It seems to me (us) that there is a real danger here that the Board will be unable or unwilling to show that they are 'as ambitious' as KH deems 'necessary' to be able to continue in his role beyond the end of this season. Let's not underestimate the size of the job that KH will have in the summer. Bigger than any of his predecessors.

In that sense, KH is almost a 'human shield' for the Board to be able to point the finger at him, when (if) he decides to walk away. They can claim that he was 'unrealistic' or 'never a long term option' or whatever else they choose to describe the situation.

That way, the average supporter blames KH for jumping ship again and effectively leaves the Board looking like the innocent bystander.

It would surely be in everyone's interests to get KH to sign on the dotted line NOW and thus give a strong indication to everybody that the Board are committed to him and his plans and vice versa.

Needless dithering only creates an atmosphere of doubt and uncertainty when we should surely looking to promote the next season before this one finishes and whilst people are still making the trip to Spotland for games.

Can't believe anyone at the club would attempt to blame Hill if he left, it would backfire massively. The profits of the last two years always came with the thought that it would all mean little when we receive the figures for this season a year from now. Not only did we fail to capitalise on the good years, we didn't maximise them.

Those profits could and should have been much greater.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Latest Figures on 13:31 - Apr 1 with 1144 viewsolympicdale

Latest Figures on 12:17 - Apr 1 by SuddenLad

This is probably the most important call the current board will make, in regards to the next manager. Any attempt the board will try to put the blame on Hill for leaving, will hold no water for the fans, and could signal the end for some board members, through fans pressure. If Hill does leave we will see the usual comments from the board, coming out with things like he asked for too much money or was unrealistic in his ambitions.

This is a crucial P/A decision for the board, not just for the on the pitch matters, but a chance to show they are dedicated to bringing this club forward once more, if they mess it up, many, if not all fans will not forgive them. There is only one manager who can realistically achieve this, if they let him go from under their noses i wouldn't want to be the one who tells this to the fans.

Enough was already not done to maximise the commercial revenue from the clubs golden years, getting this decision wrong, will lose the club more money through season ticket/match day revenue.

no brainer, surely.

Life is a game of fate.

Latest Figures on 18:35 - Apr 11 with 1030 viewsSpotty

Latest Figures on 21:10 - Mar 30 by R17ALE

Ignoring Mr Mycock at my peril, I reply to OD.

Yes, umbrellas, are a cert. tea towels, household items, things fans might buy in Marks, but can get in the shop. It really isn't rocket science.

As an example, the 365 book was a decent hunch, but it wasn't thought through commercially. I imagine there are 1000's of unsold copies loafing around in the shop.

Retail is simple: Take mini scarves - 200 minimum order = £400. This means when you've sold half at £4, every single one sold after is 100% profit.

Do the shop staff even adhere to these basics? My guess is no, and the figures support my accusation.

It's all a big mess and no-one has the balls to sort it out, so next year it will be even worse.

Sorry to bring up this thread again, but i was in the touchstones tourist centre today, they were selling items such as small magnets with local landmarks, Flash drives with the town crest I think it was, surely these are little things we could implement in the club shop, for minimal cost.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024