Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rafferty 18:38 - Apr 13 with 5862 viewsD_Alien

This lad has got a career in professional football ahead of him.

He looked absolutely knackered from about 70 minutes onwards (a pre-season with Hilly would do him the world of good) but he still found the strength and ability to take on their defence and win a free kick on the byline which helped turn the tide in our favour in the last remaining minutes. More importantly, the defensive side of his game is coming on leaps and bounds. I though he was the better of our two fullbacks today, and Rose had a decent game.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rafferty on 23:21 - Apr 13 with 936 viewsColDale

Rafferty on 23:17 - Apr 13 by GizzaNosh

Is Lillis not on a 2 year deal? (as dodgy as he is)

he is. Personally think he's been a different keeper since Hill returned. Had his first game been when Hill returned, I don't think there'd be any questions over him.
Rafferty on 23:24 - Apr 13 with 925 viewsGizzaNosh

Rafferty on 23:21 - Apr 13 by ColDale

he is. Personally think he's been a different keeper since Hill returned. Had his first game been when Hill returned, I don't think there'd be any questions over him.

Not sure Col. Very good shot stopper but his decision making leaves something to be desired and when he does decide to come out, he's not the best at making the ball his
Rafferty on 11:40 - Apr 14 with 851 viewsRalphs12

Think the season finishing will do Lillis some good. He was obviously struggling earlier in the year. I do think since Hill has come back hes looked better, hopefully next season he will build on that. Good keeper at this level. Would rather have a keeper to call our own than face uncertainty of a loanee.
Rafferty on 12:16 - Apr 14 with 817 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Re: Tutte. I agree with Nosh. It really depends on who signs and doesn't. Budget will be tighter and I imagine that there will alot of either/or decision making. I think Hill considers Tutte as a wide midfielder as opposed to a central midfielder where his passing and propensity to dwell on the ball tend to slow things down. On a seperate note, you can tell Cav is now being schooled in releasing the ball early (and doing brilliantly). Anyway, Hill, I imagine, will want to sign Henderson. A choice between Henderson and Tutte? It's got to be Henderson for me.

Also, if Kennedy gets a double your money offer from a Bradford type then he will likely go (with all our best wishes). His skill/footballing brain will be difficult to replace and, as he's the only playmaker type at the club, his replacement will prioritise over the retention of relatively expensive reserve wide player in Tutte.

Just conjecture.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Rafferty on 12:19 - Apr 14 with 813 viewsSaxonDale

One thing that has improved under Hillcroft is Lillis' distribution, started several counter attacks yesterday through clever kicks/throws.

I agree that Rafferty played very well, there was a 10 minute period early on in the first half where it looked like Port Vale were targeting him with several diagonal balls aimed aerially at him, but he defended them all admirably, forcing them to change tactic. As has been said we do need height at the back, so do expect the back 5 to change slightly over the summer as crosses are becoming a well-known Achilles heel of an otherwise impressive team . Centrally we also need a bit more pace, Grimes for me is too slow in helping to turn defence into attack plus with his kick out, would be surprised to see him stay.
Rafferty on 12:36 - Apr 14 with 797 viewsD_Alien

tbh Joe Hart would be looking dodgy behind the centre back pairings we had under Coleman

The main improvement in Lillis's form has come about due to the degree of confidence in SCS/Edwards - both brilliant again yesterday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rafferty on 12:40 - Apr 14 with 789 viewsColDale

Rafferty on 12:36 - Apr 14 by D_Alien

tbh Joe Hart would be looking dodgy behind the centre back pairings we had under Coleman

The main improvement in Lillis's form has come about due to the degree of confidence in SCS/Edwards - both brilliant again yesterday

It's not automatically linked with this, but there was a very interesting line from Donnelly in his Dale Player interview last week. 90% was standard football interview and agreeing with whatever questions he was asked, but there was this 30 seconds where when asked about the difference between the management styles, he said that under Coleman, the players were never told where they were going wrong. I assume that he was meaning that he'd just find himself benched, but how on earth were players expected to improve if the manager didn't even tell them what the problem was?
Rafferty on 12:47 - Apr 14 with 779 viewssweetcorn

I've said since the start that rafferty has the potential to become a top right back for us. He has the talent, that was clear early in the season, however due to his age and a lack of confidence he has struggled, but if anyone can restore that and instill a no fear attitude, it's Hilly.

Personally hope we keep him.

Also, the comparison of tutte to clarke Keltie is a harsh one. Tutte was a very good midfielder for the first half of the season, but he's struggled later on a little, but he's still young and offers goals for a midfielder, would personally keep him, but he wont struggle to find a club and wouldn't be suprised to see a league one team come sniffing on a free.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024