Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread- team news 14:09 - Jul 27 with 10628 viewsdale1996

Lillis
Rafferty O'connell Lancashire Done
Vincenti Cav Lund Henderson
Hogan Donnelly
Subs:Thomson, Tutte, BBM, Eastham, Hery, Rose, Allen, Logan, Bunney

Match Thread- team news on 19:26 - Jul 27 with 2515 viewsYouTubeDale

Bunney should have won us the game with his one on one with their goalie. He should have scored. Also, Hogan could have scored another just yards out from the Sandy goal and didn't quite get the timing of the ball as it came down. A good cross from Donnelly who won the ball well and controlled a good cross into the mix for Hogan's chance.

How much a week is Kevin Davies being paid by Preston? Our defence kept him quiet and anonymous...Kevin who?

Yes, Tutte was much more up for it today wanting to tackle, block, run forwards with the ball, and his fierce shot was well saved and the rebound didn't quite fall kindly for us.

And we nearly witnessed a bit of history (ask TVOS) when Hogan received the ball from the centre spot at half time kick -off, he faked a back pass and then tried to dribble through their defence. He nearly got through. If he had scored, does anybody remember such a goal?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Thread- team news on 19:46 - Jul 27 with 2433 viewsSandyman

First friendly today, and beforehand a couple of old school Daleys who had seen the other friendlies were hypeing the team up to me. Where is the Dale cynicism i wondered?

They weren't wrong. A joy to watch how we knocked the ball about today. Cav was great, as was George and Done, Ollie Lancs had a good half and Hery looks a handful. Nice to see Lillis catching (and catching well) instead of punching.

Happy bunny.
Match Thread- team news on 19:46 - Jul 27 with 2430 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread- team news on 18:24 - Jul 27 by ChaffRAFC

Bit of a nothing game today where neither side really gave it their all but there were plenty of positives to come out of it as well.

Matty Done did well at left back. I have a theory as to why he played there in that I think Hill wanted to see how Hogan, Vincenti, Henderson and Donnelly did together against decent opposition while still giving Done the opportunity for match fitness given that he's a couple of weeks behind everyone.

The big positive for me was Matty Lund. I like this lad, he's a really good player. I always think you can tell when a player has come from a higher standard of football if they play midfield because they create space from a first touch and that's what Lund does. He can have two players on him when he receives the ball and still create an extra half a yard to pick out a pass and then his passing ability shines through.

I also like how Scott Hogan really seems to know where the net is. That's 5 goals this pre-season for him and has scored against Blackburn and Preston as well as bagging a hattrick against lesser opposition in Northwich.

George Donnelly was much more like the player that finished the season today in that he chased down everything and worked his nuts off. Not surprised by his MOM award.

Rafferty was better as well, he can tackle, he can head, he can get forward and link up with the wide-man but his problem lies with positioning. That's his big weakness for me and was evident when he was caught out of position twice that nearly led to goals.

Edit - Forgot to mention Tutte who was a hundred times better today. Played well when he came on.

I would have given the MOM to Henderson but it doesnt really matter. I was watching Vincenti and it appeared that he was playing to instruction and was reluctant to take his fullback on, possession is always key but there is always a time when in the final third when you have to commit the defender,i think we will see more of that next week.

Our defence looked solid apart from the goal we conceded which was pretty poor but things changed in a positive fashion when Tutte was introduced. I confess to not being Tuttes biggest fan but he looked good today, he has the extra bit of pace and skill which sometimes sets him apart, pity he cant be more consistant.

One thing i did notice was the understanding Rose and Henderson have down the left flank and i can really see that blossoming over the next few months, both are quality players.

So I reckon the changes from todays starting line up could see Rose at left back and Tutte replacing Vicenti with maybe Done floating between midfield and Donnelly and Hogan up front.
Match Thread- team news on 20:04 - Jul 27 with 2373 viewschrishill

Not on for long, but want to see more of Jamie Allen - confident and penetrating passes.

Not sure I go with others on Hery - quite alot of bluster, without much product. Early days though.

Daleleeds

Match Thread- team news on 20:05 - Jul 27 with 2367 viewsBartRowou

Match Thread- team news on 19:26 - Jul 27 by YouTubeDale

Bunney should have won us the game with his one on one with their goalie. He should have scored. Also, Hogan could have scored another just yards out from the Sandy goal and didn't quite get the timing of the ball as it came down. A good cross from Donnelly who won the ball well and controlled a good cross into the mix for Hogan's chance.

How much a week is Kevin Davies being paid by Preston? Our defence kept him quiet and anonymous...Kevin who?

Yes, Tutte was much more up for it today wanting to tackle, block, run forwards with the ball, and his fierce shot was well saved and the rebound didn't quite fall kindly for us.

And we nearly witnessed a bit of history (ask TVOS) when Hogan received the ball from the centre spot at half time kick -off, he faked a back pass and then tried to dribble through their defence. He nearly got through. If he had scored, does anybody remember such a goal?

Kevin Davies was outstanding today. His link up play and holding up of the ball was different class. I don't think we nullified him but worked hard on the second ball which limited PNE to a few chances.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread- team news on 20:20 - Jul 27 with 2332 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread- team news on 20:05 - Jul 27 by BartRowou

Kevin Davies was outstanding today. His link up play and holding up of the ball was different class. I don't think we nullified him but worked hard on the second ball which limited PNE to a few chances.

Still a whining little shit at times too though, agreed his runs off the ball were a class above. Preston looked twice the side Blackburn were, Iain Hume still quality.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread- team news on 20:21 - Jul 27 with 2330 views442Dale

Match Thread- team news on 20:05 - Jul 27 by BartRowou

Also, Ian Hume was rubbish. Prediction: Davies will end up getting stick off PNE fans because of a lack of goals. That he has a better touch and vision than any of their other strikers will make little difference.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread- team news on 21:01 - Jul 27 with 2228 viewsisitme

It was my first pre-season game due to holidays and various other reasons.

We played some excellent football at times, which will not go down too well with the 'get it forward' gang who set near me. Donnelly looks to have added some muscle over the summer and appeared much stronger when holding up the ball.

I thought O'Connell was our best player today. He coped well with experienced opponents and looked composed on the ball. He also offers balance being left footed. I was also a little disappointed with Vincenti's final ball. Hogan looks a lively player with plenty of pace and Henderson is going to be a massive player for us this season.

Picking the first team for next week is a tough ask, which is a good thing as we will have options on the bench and cover in case of injuries and suspensions.

I also thought that Hery looked a bit lost at times, although his turn in the box to set up a chance was top draw. I think there is a talented player in there somewhere but he needs to work on the mental side of his game.

Preston were a steady team and their pacey winger (Humphrey?) looked a threat, although I though we handled their highly paid strikers fairly well.

I for one am looking forward to the new season and three points next Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

The weak link is still there. on 21:08 - Jul 27 with 2201 viewsirisaln

Yet once again our oponents goal comes from a freekick.

When is Lillis going to rumble that inswinging freekicks and corners
arriving within the six yard box are his responsibility.

He was stood nearer the back post but chose once again to leave it to his
defenders.

I fear that as last season he will cost Dale many points.

It's a shame for Hill seems to have put a good squad together.

Before you all start. yes he's a good shot stopper even though he
knocks many of his fine saves to the oncoming strikers!
The weak link is still there. on 21:11 - Jul 27 with 2193 viewsisitme

The weak link is still there. on 21:08 - Jul 27 by irisaln

Yet once again our oponents goal comes from a freekick.

When is Lillis going to rumble that inswinging freekicks and corners
arriving within the six yard box are his responsibility.

He was stood nearer the back post but chose once again to leave it to his
defenders.

I fear that as last season he will cost Dale many points.

It's a shame for Hill seems to have put a good squad together.

Before you all start. yes he's a good shot stopper even though he
knocks many of his fine saves to the oncoming strikers!

The player who scored was unmarked!

From my vantage point at the other end of the ground I would blame who ever was supposed to be marking Clarke before pointing the finger at Lillis, who had very little to do today, but collected pretty much every cross well.
Match Thread- team news on 21:11 - Jul 27 with 2187 views442Dale

Match Thread- team news on 21:01 - Jul 27 by isitme

It was my first pre-season game due to holidays and various other reasons.

We played some excellent football at times, which will not go down too well with the 'get it forward' gang who set near me. Donnelly looks to have added some muscle over the summer and appeared much stronger when holding up the ball.

I thought O'Connell was our best player today. He coped well with experienced opponents and looked composed on the ball. He also offers balance being left footed. I was also a little disappointed with Vincenti's final ball. Hogan looks a lively player with plenty of pace and Henderson is going to be a massive player for us this season.

Picking the first team for next week is a tough ask, which is a good thing as we will have options on the bench and cover in case of injuries and suspensions.

I also thought that Hery looked a bit lost at times, although his turn in the box to set up a chance was top draw. I think there is a talented player in there somewhere but he needs to work on the mental side of his game.

Preston were a steady team and their pacey winger (Humphrey?) looked a threat, although I though we handled their highly paid strikers fairly well.

I for one am looking forward to the new season and three points next Saturday.

Good shout on O'Connell. Looked very calm in his decision making throughout, summed up by the choice to control a high ball late on rather than just clear it away. It's him and one other for Hartlepool for me.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread- team news on 21:35 - Jul 27 with 2133 viewsroccydaleian

First half a none event. Second half miles better, surprised no one has mentioned Lund's performance today, his first touch and lay off's are excellent. Anyhow things are looking good for the new season, gutted i'll miss Saturday 'cause of holidays.
Match Thread- team news on 21:44 - Jul 27 with 2102 viewsisitme

Match Thread- team news on 21:35 - Jul 27 by roccydaleian

First half a none event. Second half miles better, surprised no one has mentioned Lund's performance today, his first touch and lay off's are excellent. Anyhow things are looking good for the new season, gutted i'll miss Saturday 'cause of holidays.

Lund looks a good player. A more physically imposing and athletic central midfielder than we have had for a while and his distribution looked good. He could well start with Cav next week.

Did you see your mate today?
Match Thread- team news on 21:52 - Jul 27 with 2070 viewsroccydaleian

Match Thread- team news on 21:44 - Jul 27 by isitme

Lund looks a good player. A more physically imposing and athletic central midfielder than we have had for a while and his distribution looked good. He could well start with Cav next week.

Did you see your mate today?

Who's that?
Match Thread- team news on 22:00 - Jul 27 with 2055 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread- team news on 20:21 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

Also, Ian Hume was rubbish. Prediction: Davies will end up getting stick off PNE fans because of a lack of goals. That he has a better touch and vision than any of their other strikers will make little difference.

Ha, funny how we all view games differently. I thought Hulme was quality and didnt waste a ball,in fact i was quite impressed with Preston they look a decent outfit.
Match Thread- team news on 22:01 - Jul 27 with 2017 viewsisitme

Match Thread- team news on 21:52 - Jul 27 by roccydaleian

Who's that?

Tazzy or RoCHdaLe (or however he spells it!).
Match Thread- team news on 22:06 - Jul 27 with 2002 viewsroccydaleian

Match Thread- team news on 22:01 - Jul 27 by isitme

No one has seen the Tazbot for yonks. However some of us think he's posting on here, pretending to be Irish...
Match Thread- team news on 22:30 - Jul 27 with 1944 viewsDaley_Lama

Same from me Sutty, Hulme looked decent, Preston decent and also man for man physically chunkier than our lot.

That might have been the kit and might be our vertical stripes of course.

I wonder if a northern diet of pies compared to Aldershot army rations will bulk out Peter V.

I felt positively porky when I saw him today!

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread- team news on 00:02 - Jul 28 with 1790 viewsRoChDaLe

Match Thread- team news on 22:01 - Jul 27 by isitme

Do i have a stalker? hmmmmm?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Match Thread- team news on 07:31 - Jul 28 with 1703 viewsmikehunt

The match caused a bit of a stir on their forum. They played a really strong team against us and some presumed they would walk the match. When things didn't quite go to plan the arguments started; notably how come their reserves could beat Hartlepool - a team just relegated from their division - but their first string could not beat little old Rochdale.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread- team news on 09:05 - Jul 28 with 1654 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Done played left wing-back in a 3-5-2 formation.

Everyone had a good work-out. New lad O'Connell looked like he'd been playing for years despite being only 19!! Good on the ball as well.

Defence looked solid enough (three centre-backs looked good). Done played a very disciplined game at wing-back in what is an unfamiliar position for him. Cav is looking like the best holding midfielder in this league (his transformation is nothing short of sensational and testament to his and Hill's work ethic), Lund looks class on the ball and the forwards all moved and inter-changed very well.

Subs did well, yes even Tutte, but that piece of skill by Hery was worth the tenner entrance fee alone. Brilliant. I agree with R7Ale, he looks to be more than capable of excelling in this league and if we see more of those tricks he'll be a fookin revelation. He tried to be first to every ball.

All in all, promising, very promising.

A bit of a headache for Hill. This 3-5-2 experiment has revealed a formation we look very comfortable with.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread- team news on 09:20 - Jul 28 with 1628 viewsisitme

Just out of interest who were the three centre backs?

Done did push on but so did Rafferty who put in a few good crosses. I saw the formation as 4231 with Hogan and Henderson rotating the left sided and in the 'hole' positions whilst there were on the pitch.
Match Thread- team news on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 1545 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread- team news on 09:20 - Jul 28 by isitme

Just out of interest who were the three centre backs?

Done did push on but so did Rafferty who put in a few good crosses. I saw the formation as 4231 with Hogan and Henderson rotating the left sided and in the 'hole' positions whilst there were on the pitch.

You might be right. I saw it, first half anyway, as Rafferty as right centre-back, Lancashire centre and O'Connell left centre-back. O'Connell did play very far left. The wing-backs were Done and Vincentti (hence the constant talking to by Hill in reference to reigning in his attacking instincts). It changed in the second half and Vincentti played as one of the top three. You may be right though, but it looked to me in the first half a back three.

Match Thread- team news on 10:05 - Jul 28 with 1535 viewsgigger

Match Thread- team news on 17:27 - Jul 27 by RoChDaLe

first friendly I have attended this season and im so impressed. its great to now see the quick pass and move style of football which will destroy teams in league two. the players seem to want to win and every single on of them put 110% in.

Remember this post for good or bad!!!!
DESTROY TEAMS IN LEAGUE2
Did iniesta and xavi look good in there proud blue and black shirts?

What's happened to kel ???

Match Thread- team news on 10:14 - Jul 28 with 1506 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread- team news on 10:05 - Jul 28 by gigger

Remember this post for good or bad!!!!
DESTROY TEAMS IN LEAGUE2
Did iniesta and xavi look good in there proud blue and black shirts?

We footballed you to death when we were sh1te under Eyre and Coleman. Iniesta and Xavi would be on the bench, Cav is on top form at the moment.

I fully expect you to take the last sentence above seriously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024