Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
E-cigs at the Liberty 22:17 - Aug 3 with 14556 viewsSwanzay

As I was down in Swansea today I went to have a look at the new club shop, as I was strolling around the stadium I noticed there are new signs up saying e-cigs are not permitted?
This is more aimed at Phil S really, why?
Surely the club should prefer this to people trying to smoke normal cigs in the toilets etc.
There is no smoke smell as its water vapour, so wrong with that?
Also had a look around the RGB training facility, looks impressive, amazing how far we have come, especially with fairwood on the horizon.
Well worth a visit before the nature blocks the view!
E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:19 - Aug 3 with 9701 viewsChief

well if everyone started smoking the e cigs in the ground, how would the stewards tell who was smoking fake fags and who was smoking the real fags? its would be a free for all!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:25 - Aug 3 with 9678 viewsSwanzay

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:19 - Aug 3 by Chief

well if everyone started smoking the e cigs in the ground, how would the stewards tell who was smoking fake fags and who was smoking the real fags? its would be a free for all!

No I get that, but the differences are quite obvious, no people would need to complain about the smell as there isn't any. Obviously other folks would smell a really cig if a person sat next to them light up and rightly so.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:28 - Aug 3 with 9657 viewsChief

the water vapour given off by E cigs contributes to global warming

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:33 - Aug 3 with 9630 viewsSwanzay

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:28 - Aug 3 by Chief

the water vapour given off by E cigs contributes to global warming

Feck your funny!
E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:34 - Aug 3 with 9629 viewsTim_Harry

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:19 - Aug 3 by Chief

I know the stewards aren't the brightest, but surely they can tell the difference between an e-cig and a proper cigarette?

I gave up smoking six months ago, but I still think the club/Stadco should do more to accomodate smokers. How hard can it be to let them out at half time when they have tickets? I've gone out for a half-time smoke at other grounds in the past.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:41 - Aug 3 with 9603 viewsDarran

I'm glad they're banned because most of the people I see smoking them look like right tw*ts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:44 - Aug 3 with 9586 viewsSwansNZ

Is 2 hours really too long to go without having a puff? FFS, watch the bloody football mun

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:44 - Aug 3 with 9581 viewsSwanzay

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:34 - Aug 3 by Tim_Harry

I know the stewards aren't the brightest, but surely they can tell the difference between an e-cig and a proper cigarette?

I gave up smoking six months ago, but I still think the club/Stadco should do more to accomodate smokers. How hard can it be to let them out at half time when they have tickets? I've gone out for a half-time smoke at other grounds in the past.

Many clubs have smoking pens outside the ground, LEGOLAND and the Ricoh spring to mind.
Ive been lucky enough to go corporate on several occasions and will do this season since weve been at the liberty and as long as you have your lanyard, you are free to walk outside for a smoke if you wish.
Its wrong that people are given the priorities, just because of a bloody so called status, this is Swansea after all.
But for the club to not permit e-cigs is ridiculous, the differences are obvious!
Login to get fewer ads

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:52 - Aug 3 with 9526 viewsairedale

Try. Not. To. Feed. Your. Face. For. 120. Whole. Minutes.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:07 - Aug 3 with 9487 viewsSwanzay

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:52 - Aug 3 by airedale

Try. Not. To. Feed. Your. Face. For. 120. Whole. Minutes.

I have never smoked inside the stadium, what a t@tish post!
E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:21 - Aug 3 with 9451 viewsTim_Harry

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:07 - Aug 3 by Swanzay

I have never smoked inside the stadium, what a t@tish post!

Yep, some unbelievably thick people commenting on this thread.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:21 - Aug 3 with 9450 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ecigs aren't illegal, they vapour they emit is not harmful to anyone and there's no reason why they should not be allowed to be used in the stadium.

Poll: Tory leader

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:33 - Aug 3 with 9421 viewsChief

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:21 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

Ecigs aren't illegal, they vapour they emit is not harmful to anyone and there's no reason why they should not be allowed to be used in the stadium.

global warming is the biggest threat to life on this planet since the black death. SCFC don't want this on their conscience

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:39 - Aug 3 with 9410 viewsJackoBoostardo

Easy answer really. Generally the same rule to many stadia throughout the country.

As mentioned by someone else - telling the difference from a distance is a pain in the ass when trying to enforce a non-smoking policy. Not just for the stewards, but for other supporters who see what appears to be someone smoking a cigarette and thinking they should do the same too - but with a real one.

That is regrettably the short story behind it. Nothing more sinister, and the stadium are fully within their rights to stop these being used.

Not smoking is ultimately down to the user - it's a simple matter of willpower for a short period of time.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:40 - Aug 3 with 9408 viewsChief

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:39 - Aug 3 by JackoBoostardo

Easy answer really. Generally the same rule to many stadia throughout the country.

As mentioned by someone else - telling the difference from a distance is a pain in the ass when trying to enforce a non-smoking policy. Not just for the stewards, but for other supporters who see what appears to be someone smoking a cigarette and thinking they should do the same too - but with a real one.

That is regrettably the short story behind it. Nothing more sinister, and the stadium are fully within their rights to stop these being used.

Not smoking is ultimately down to the user - it's a simple matter of willpower for a short period of time.

yes! I knew it. the global warming was a back up theory

E-cigs at the Liberty on 01:09 - Aug 4 with 9291 viewsPacemaker

Whilst at my normal seat in the East stand on Thursday evening a gentleman who sits not too far away usually in a felt bowler hat (this week it was a fetching purple colour) began using a purple coloured what I assume was an e cigarette.

I then saw two stewards approach and speak to him at length, I assume the reason being as discussed above, I don't smoke and dislike the smell and effects on my health as a non smoker but surely this man was doing nothing wrong?

Very odd.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

E-cigs at the Liberty on 01:24 - Aug 4 with 9275 viewsParlay

ECB. I dont think it matters if they are legal or harmless. The fact is they look like the real McCoy and is hard for Stewards to police it if everyone is walking around with replicas.

A bit like why you wont be allowed to carry a toy gun in your hand luggage on a plane. perfectly harmless and perfectly legal but due to its similarities to the real thing its not permitted.

at the end of the day its an hour and three quarters. I dont understand how anyone goes about their daily life with such an addiction. Do they never go on holiday due to not being able to smoke on the plane? just dont get it.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 01:32 - Aug 4 with 9262 viewsChief

E-cigs at the Liberty on 01:09 - Aug 4 by Pacemaker

Whilst at my normal seat in the East stand on Thursday evening a gentleman who sits not too far away usually in a felt bowler hat (this week it was a fetching purple colour) began using a purple coloured what I assume was an e cigarette.

I then saw two stewards approach and speak to him at length, I assume the reason being as discussed above, I don't smoke and dislike the smell and effects on my health as a non smoker but surely this man was doing nothing wrong?

Very odd.

global warming pal

E-cigs at the Liberty on 08:34 - Aug 4 with 9084 viewscentrestandswan

Why not try snuff just as addictive and deadly as cigarettes but not banned at the Liberty.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

E-cigs at the Liberty on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 9017 viewsLumin

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:41 - Aug 3 by Darran

I'm glad they're banned because most of the people I see smoking them look like right tw*ts.

Spot on Darran. They look like total morons sucking away on a elongated dummy :))
E-cigs at the Liberty on 09:39 - Aug 4 with 8956 viewslifelong

E-cigs at the Liberty on 22:41 - Aug 3 by Darran

As ever, sir, this is the correct response.

That's all you want down the Liberty is, just as Bony is about to slot one away some buffoon sitting next to you flashes up an E Cig and blows vapour in your face.
E-cigs at the Liberty on 09:53 - Aug 4 with 8936 viewssunshinehead

E-cigs at the Liberty on 23:21 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

So should we employ another bunch of stewards just to discern which plume of smoke is real and which is vapor? As an ex smoker I know all about temptation and I can assure you that it would take less than five mins for one or two to spark up in the belief that they were hidden by fake smoke. Why introduce something to bring confusion or abuse to a currently well stewarded rule?
E-cigs at the Liberty on 09:57 - Aug 4 with 8926 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bloody hell there's some sensitive ex or non smokers on here. I don't really care whether they allow the use of Ecigs or not. As a smoker myself I've mastered the art of not smoking (or even craving) a cigarette for a couple of hours watching the game. Although I do think that the use of something harmless that encourages and actively helps people to stop smoking should be encouraged, not discouraged. But wider public health issues aren't Swansea City's problem so I shall leave all you people to your concern about the difficulty of a steward's job.

Poll: Tory leader

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 8887 viewsmikraswan

Why is smoking of regular cigarettes not allowed: I mean it's outdoors isn't it?

Success is temporary - loyalty is forever...

E-cigs at the Liberty on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 8887 viewsDarran

E-cigs at the Liberty on 09:39 - Aug 4 by lifelong

As ever, sir, this is the correct response.

That's all you want down the Liberty is, just as Bony is about to slot one away some buffoon sitting next to you flashes up an E Cig and blows vapour in your face.

Have you them walking around town with them dangling from a rope around their necks?

F*cking idiots.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024