Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect 12:29 - Aug 4 with 12732 viewsQPunkR

disclaimer;this is all IMHO obviously.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by 1,000s of our fans at the game yesterday singing 'one Joey Barton' even before he'd kicked a ball.
This guy has been systematically cúnting the Club off for the past year, saying he wouldn't come back, wouldn't be playing in the Championship, and saying he felt ashamed of himself for signing for us, when he only came for the money.
In addition to that, when he did play 2 seasons ago, he was fúcking abysmal.
The only, single good thing that Scouse waster has done for the Club was get hauled off against Liverpool. He did play reasonably well yesterday, but that is not reason for ppl wanting to w@nk him off. Played one superb ball to Toilett and was generally tidy in posession, but also played some random awful balls straight into touch.
If he'd come back and scored a hattrick or played consistently well after a few games then I could someway understand ppl cheering his name, but to single him out as some kind of saviour above everyone else completely baffles me. I will not forget how he's treated us. He could be bl00dy Pele and I wouldn't want him wearing the Hoops again.

To me the cúnt is one short step above Boswanker.

I'd like to know why everyone, but everyone, hated Boswanker so much and yet can sing 'one Joey Barton'.

One Joey Barton? Thank fúck there aren't more of the cúnt. I just pray to all that's holy that some stupid Turkish or Middle Eastern club comes in and takes him off our hands before the end of the transfer window so we can just wash our hands of the stain, or that he attacks another 14 year old so we can rip up his contract

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:10 - Aug 5 with 1194 viewsWatfordR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:04 - Aug 5 by scot1963

you're the one who added my comment into your reply and I'm responding to your comment that you say exactly the same thing about Redknapp and get slaughtered - I don't happen to think there is any comparison between the two parties. In addition, this was a thread about Barton and I have made one comment about him, you comment on Redknapp at every given opportunity and you still managed to link him tenuously into this thread and, as Jon says, you are coming across as just a tad obsessive about the man - this is why you get slaughtered - give us all a break. I think we've all managed to work out what you think of him, and when you are proven right then you can tell us all you told us so

PS I don't think you'll find a lot of altruism in football management at this level
[Post edited 5 Aug 2013 14:14]

Ah right. And I suppose there's been a limit on the number of Barton threads over the last two years has there? Anyone on here who think's Joey's a c*nt that has limited themselves to saying so just the once?
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:28 - Aug 5 with 1156 viewsrobith

When the team was announced, I was absolutely furious. It completely ruined my mood.

When his name was read out, I decided that I wouldn't clap. I would never boo one of our players pre game because I don't want to create a negative atmosphere before a ball's even kicked. But I was genuinely stunned by the reaction.

He played alright. Some top stuff, some of the same old. Got away with the penalty in my eyes. I also liked when he was on his own in acres and space, ball under control, hit it straight out. His first reaction was to turn around angrily to look at someone to shout at.

That said I noticed when he came off he went to great lengths to gee up Ale. I clapped him off, that's about as good as he was going to get. One good performance in a win doesn't undo everything he's done
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:47 - Aug 5 with 1144 viewsRblockPrior

really dont c y so many ppl bang on about how Barton is as a person, WHO CARES! Ppl need to get a life and stop commenting on his latest twitter outburst and his off the field antics. The only thing that matters is how he plays for us, if u cant admit that he played very well on sat then u need to swallow ur pride and yes we did miss him last year as no1 gave us that grit and determination in midfield like he does. I for 1 will back him as long as he plays like he did on Sat and plays at 100% ON THE PITCH!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 15:13 - Aug 5 with 1117 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:47 - Aug 5 by RblockPrior

really dont c y so many ppl bang on about how Barton is as a person, WHO CARES! Ppl need to get a life and stop commenting on his latest twitter outburst and his off the field antics. The only thing that matters is how he plays for us, if u cant admit that he played very well on sat then u need to swallow ur pride and yes we did miss him last year as no1 gave us that grit and determination in midfield like he does. I for 1 will back him as long as he plays like he did on Sat and plays at 100% ON THE PITCH!

On the matter of ppl needing to get a life, I would suggest that those that come onto a thread to say that ppl on the thread need to get a life are the real ones that need to get a life.

The main thing is indeed how our players play for our team. However, in his contract so far he played absolutely fúcking abysmally for one season, then spent the next one on loan abroad (still being paid by us) slagging the Club off at every opportunity.
If, by some miracle, he holds himself back from attacking children or being a douche in other ways, and actually manages to play well for the Club for a sustained period, without taking the pi$$ out of supporters, then good for him. And good for us.
Personally, I'd rather never see him wear the Hoops again. But, if he can actually prove a positive to the Club overall then I'm willing to tolerate him within the team.
All that said, you'll still never hear me singing 'one Joey Barton' after the spades of disrespect he's shown QPR

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:35 - Aug 5 with 1081 viewsfacto

jesus i thought we were all cranks over on watrbs!
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:49 - Aug 5 with 1052 viewsQPRDave

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:51 - Aug 5 with 1050 viewsTW_R

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:43 - Aug 4 by WatfordR

i get abused for saying exactly the same about Redknapp.

Maybe if you didn't repeat the same thing over and over again on every possible thread like a stuck record you wouldn't get abused??
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:57 - Aug 5 with 1042 viewsTheBlob

Whats all this ppl sheeit?
Are you all f*cking robots?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024