Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? 15:11 - Aug 8 with 17344 viewsBelfast

I am not surprised to near from a number of mates in Malmo that
Trundle and certain staff members were on the ale last night until the early ours.

Is this what you expect of those entrusted with the role of club ambassador or coaching staff ?

I told you this would happen didn't I ! .

Tin pot, thats what he will make is if he is allowed to carry on.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2013 15:11]

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 2885 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:31 - Aug 8 by Davillin

The thread title said "drinking at all hours," and the O.P.'s text said "until the early ours." That's not the same as "having a few drinks," nor "having a drink," as Darran wrote, above.

You and I will have to disagree about whether it is "behaving inappropriately" or not for a member of the staff to be drinking "until the early hours" before a game.

"Having a drink," perhaps even "having a few drinks" [depending on how many "a few" is, and how long the event happened] might well not be inappropriate, but "until the early hours" on a night before a game is - in my opinion.

The key here is not the drinking, nor even drinking on the night before a game nor even drinking until the early hours. The key is members of the staff, in that town in their official capacities.

I don't think you'll get many to agree with that Tone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:36 - Aug 8 with 2885 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:03 - Aug 8 by TheFranchise

Who was buying?

Let's give Trunds a bit of slack shall we ? When Magic Daps was entertaining us down the Vetch a few years ago he was a god in many fans' eyes, myself included. People forget what a massive impact he made when he joined the Swans. I've got a feeling that people having a pop at him now have either got short memories or weren't there.

Ok, maybe he is dining out on those former glories a bit, but I don't begrudge him that at all. Unless he's getting rat-arsed out in Malmo and making a fool of himself, I say carry on. I'd buy him a drink.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:39 - Aug 8 with 2870 viewsDavillin

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:27 - Aug 8 by sidekick_jack

Exactly. Some people are incredibly OTT at times aye?

Why is it "over the top" to prefer that persons in that place as representatives of the club not be drinking until the early hours [not just hobnobbing with the fans or "having an alcoholic drink"]?

I feel very strongly about this.

Inasmuch as this happened in Denmark, these lines may make it all O.K.:

". . . it is a custom
"More honour'd in the breach than the observance.
"This heavy-headed revel east and west
"Makes us traduc'd and tax'd of other nations;
"They clip us drunkards and with swinish phrase
"Soil our addition; and indeed it takes
"From our achievements, though perform'd at height,
"The pith and marrow of our attribute."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:40 - Aug 8 with 2865 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:39 - Aug 8 by Davillin

Why is it "over the top" to prefer that persons in that place as representatives of the club not be drinking until the early hours [not just hobnobbing with the fans or "having an alcoholic drink"]?

I feel very strongly about this.

Inasmuch as this happened in Denmark, these lines may make it all O.K.:

". . . it is a custom
"More honour'd in the breach than the observance.
"This heavy-headed revel east and west
"Makes us traduc'd and tax'd of other nations;
"They clip us drunkards and with swinish phrase
"Soil our addition; and indeed it takes
"From our achievements, though perform'd at height,
"The pith and marrow of our attribute."

It was in Sweden Tone,just saying.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:42 - Aug 8 with 2857 viewssidekick_jack

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:31 - Aug 8 by Davillin

The thread title said "drinking at all hours," and the O.P.'s text said "until the early ours." That's not the same as "having a few drinks," nor "having a drink," as Darran wrote, above.

You and I will have to disagree about whether it is "behaving inappropriately" or not for a member of the staff to be drinking "until the early hours" before a game.

"Having a drink," perhaps even "having a few drinks" [depending on how many "a few" is, and how long the event happened] might well not be inappropriate, but "until the early hours" on a night before a game is - in my opinion.

The key here is not the drinking, nor even drinking on the night before a game nor even drinking until the early hours. The key is members of the staff, in that town in their official capacities.

It's all hearsay. What one bloke texts his mate and defines as early hours could in reality have been Trundle having a beer 'till 11pm.

I'd suggest withholding on the condemnation of an important figure in our clubs history when all we have to go on is one rumour.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:42 - Aug 8 with 2857 viewsDavillin

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:40 - Aug 8 by Darran

Picky, picky!

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:43 - Aug 8 with 2853 viewsraynor94

Don`t let getting the City wrong, to spoil a good rant, nice to see the staff mixing with the fans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:43 - Aug 8 with 2850 viewsmonmouth

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:40 - Aug 8 by Darran

In that case, this might be more appropriate:

Mamma Mia
There I go again.

What I want to know is whether my season ticket is paying his drinks bill. If so, I take my hat off to him. Boy knows a good job when he sees one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:44 - Aug 8 with 2847 viewsBournedore

What a shambles...!
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:45 - Aug 8 with 2843 viewsDavillin

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:44 - Aug 8 by Bournedore

What a shambles...!

What larks!

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:45 - Aug 8 with 2841 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:42 - Aug 8 by Davillin

Picky, picky!

Seriously though like I said I doubt you'll find many to agree with it being a problem,probably only three in T2C, Dr Winston and the complete and utter tool that started this thread to shit stir.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:04 - Aug 8 with 2797 viewsBelfast

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:36 - Aug 8 by JacksawayatWalesgame

Let's give Trunds a bit of slack shall we ? When Magic Daps was entertaining us down the Vetch a few years ago he was a god in many fans' eyes, myself included. People forget what a massive impact he made when he joined the Swans. I've got a feeling that people having a pop at him now have either got short memories or weren't there.

Ok, maybe he is dining out on those former glories a bit, but I don't begrudge him that at all. Unless he's getting rat-arsed out in Malmo and making a fool of himself, I say carry on. I'd buy him a drink.

Oh we are back to saying he is a fu ckng god again !
So because of that as an official member of the touring party he is allowed in a bar till 2 am is he ?

Fu ck no !

And he was, many a picture was taken.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:07 - Aug 8 with 2784 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:04 - Aug 8 by Belfast

Oh we are back to saying he is a fu ckng god again !
So because of that as an official member of the touring party he is allowed in a bar till 2 am is he ?

Fu ck no !

And he was, many a picture was taken.

Was he on his own?

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:10 - Aug 8 with 2779 viewsBelfast

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:07 - Aug 8 by Darran

Was he on his own?

You know he wasn't .

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:12 - Aug 8 with 2775 viewsBelfast

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 16:45 - Aug 8 by Darran

Seriously though like I said I doubt you'll find many to agree with it being a problem,probably only three in T2C, Dr Winston and the complete and utter tool that started this thread to shit stir.

Me a tool ?

Fu ck me wheely boy, you take the biscuit.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:16 - Aug 8 with 2642 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:10 - Aug 8 by Belfast

You know he wasn't .

So several members of staff were out legally drinking then?

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:19 - Aug 8 with 2634 viewsLilleFlue

no no no member of staff can not go out and drink all night before an important game no matter what their role is . . it is a job , the fans can but not people who are employed by the club on tour the night before a very important game.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:21 - Aug 8 with 2625 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:19 - Aug 8 by LilleFlue

no no no member of staff can not go out and drink all night before an important game no matter what their role is . . it is a job , the fans can but not people who are employed by the club on tour the night before a very important game.

Who was out all night then?

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:24 - Aug 8 with 2613 viewsPapaLazarou

In the last 3 years since Trundle renewed his acquaintance with the club I've never seen him out in town noticeably drunk. He looks after his body much better now than he did in his first few years at the club, I highly doubt that he, or any of the staff, would have been plastered last night.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:29 - Aug 8 with 2598 viewsLilleFlue

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:21 - Aug 8 by Darran

Who was out all night then?

If the OP is to believed ..
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:30 - Aug 8 with 2595 viewsBLAZE

Seems some people have never had a drink on a work night eh

As long as they weren't playing staff and they weren't getting into trouble then they've done nothing wrong
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:36 - Aug 8 with 2578 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:29 - Aug 8 by LilleFlue

If the OP is to believed ..

The OP doesn't mention being out all night you thick pr*ck.

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:42 - Aug 8 with 2562 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

I may ne wrong but as long as its not the manager, first team coaches or players then why cant everyone else go out and do what they want the night before the game.

Surely they know if they misbehave that it probably wouldnt happen again

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:43 - Aug 8 with 2559 viewsW_Hunt

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:30 - Aug 8 by BLAZE

Seems some people have never had a drink on a work night eh

As long as they weren't playing staff and they weren't getting into trouble then they've done nothing wrong

Spot on.

Who gives a flying f*ck?

I could quote some Strindberg but it would make me look like a complete tool, so I won't.
So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:49 - Aug 8 with 2534 viewsDarran

So should Trundle and Co be drinking to all ours in Malmo ? on 17:43 - Aug 8 by W_Hunt

Spot on.

Who gives a flying f*ck?

I could quote some Strindberg but it would make me look like a complete tool, so I won't.

Why is it so painful to watch a Belfast sink? Because there is something unnatural in it, for nature demands personal progress, evolution, and every backward step means wasted energy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024