Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? 19:36 - Aug 12 with 10708 viewsDanielswan

This is something I probably will never understand, my nationality comes before my rivalry to any danish club, hence I would support FC Copenhagen in Europe any day due to them being danes against anyone else but Swansea. (All rules have their exceptions :) )

So if Cardiff were miraculously to f.ex. win the Carling Cup would you support them the next year in Europe, or would your rivalry be of a greater issue?

Just curious.

PS: Having grown kind of funned of the welsh in the past year thanks to you wonderfull Jacks, I actually think I would be supporting Cardiff in Europe.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? (n/t) on 20:57 - Aug 12 with 3069 viewsLirekassen

[Post edited 13 Aug 2013 10:38]
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 21:40 - Aug 12 with 3012 viewssnork44

Well er .... Lets think about it ! Noooo

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 21:44 - Aug 12 with 3002 viewsStanners

Absolutely not

You obviously have no understanding of rivalry
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 21:51 - Aug 12 with 2986 viewsItchySphincter

Chump.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 22:28 - Aug 12 with 2951 viewstf_jack

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 20:49 - Aug 12 by Joe_bradshaw

I think the no camp has just shaded it.

Never ever.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 22:34 - Aug 12 with 2947 viewsAl_Bundy

More Cardiff drivel ... More Cardiff threads

The obsession on this board is quite disturbing !!
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 23:20 - Aug 12 with 2919 viewscimlajack

No,understand this,it goes way beyond sporting rivalry
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 23:36 - Aug 12 with 2894 viewsepaul

Daniel, go and research the rivalry between us and them, you will see why we would never support them the six fingered sister sh*gging bin dipping c*nts

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 23:40 - Aug 12 with 2893 viewsSenhin

Cardiff in Europe?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 00:53 - Aug 13 with 2864 viewsDanielswan

Well, I guess its a no ....

Didnt expect such a resounding no though, thought some would .... but I was wrong.

Well, anyway, it was just a hypothetical question. Thanks for the answers.

Its 2 am here and I still havent had dinner, guess its about time .... hugs.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 01:19 - Aug 13 with 2854 viewsscottishjack

No, no I wouldn't...

On the subject though, my dad was a huge Glasgow Rangers fan, and he hated Celtic with an absolute passion, unless they were in Europe? And then he wished them well as a scottish team? Baffles me?
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 04:37 - Aug 13 with 2827 viewsDanielswan

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 01:19 - Aug 13 by scottishjack

No, no I wouldn't...

On the subject though, my dad was a huge Glasgow Rangers fan, and he hated Celtic with an absolute passion, unless they were in Europe? And then he wished them well as a scottish team? Baffles me?

As I stated in my original post, its a matter of nationalism, the danes feel very strong for their flag and that includes everything danish, even our football rivals. Guess some of the scots feel the same way.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 09:32 - Aug 13 with 2766 viewsdgt73

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 04:37 - Aug 13 by Danielswan

As I stated in my original post, its a matter of nationalism, the danes feel very strong for their flag and that includes everything danish, even our football rivals. Guess some of the scots feel the same way.

You got t be joking right, or you dont understand british football if you think Rangers and celtic would support each other in europe.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 10:57 - Aug 13 with 2711 viewsdavidaeaton

We would never want them to prosper (a small minority would either not care, spout on about bulls##t national pride, how immature it is etc) but its well documented that even in respective play off finals, or other domestic cups etc both sets of fans will quite happily wear the shirt (i'e blackpool) of the team that either of us play and support the opposition no matter whom it is! Its bitter on both sides, but the bitterness on our side also extends from a heavily biased media representative of our capital of the principality, and its portrayal of the supposed glamour club that they deem Cardiff to be, or at least try to enforce that, Swansea are the unfashionable, unfancied, second best in most eyes team, yet the worlds glare has descended on us for the last 3 years or so and that's turned the tables a little until now when Cardiff will resume the limelight spot, it even stems back to the 1990's when us jacks affectionately named our local HTV hate the vetch, the welsh fa is also as biased as is the welsh government, there's more riches to the east, jealousy and bitterness are in both camps, but so is a deep hatred, its not just football related, its industry based, finance based, politically based, we are in some ways very similar, but in most ways so very far apart, there's no way on on earth I'd lend them my support and I wouldn't expect theirs its just not a done thing

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 11:08 - Aug 13 with 2706 viewsDDCH

Cardiff never really used to bother me, and I wished them well when they weren't playing us that is. Although over the last 10 years or so that has changed. I think it is more spending time with redbird fans, and listening to the deluded sense of entitlement they have.

I spent some time a few weeks back in the Bridgend area, and sat in on a conversation about the PL with some redbirds. After the usual Jack jibes were done they talked 'serious' football. The talk centered around 'small' clubs that punch above their weight and should not be in the PL.....these included the following.

Swansea (well that was an obvious one)
Wigan (didn't have the heart to tell them they had gone down)
Everton (I shit you not....Everton FFS)
Villa (I was pissing myself at this point)
Norwich (Dear me)

All these were listed as minnows in comparison to them, and they believe that some sort of cosmic alignment happened last year that has slotted them into their rightful place.

I hope they go down with 1 point......a lucky draw against Stoke on a cold evening game.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 11:10 - Aug 13 with 2641 viewsdgt73

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 10:57 - Aug 13 by davidaeaton

We would never want them to prosper (a small minority would either not care, spout on about bulls##t national pride, how immature it is etc) but its well documented that even in respective play off finals, or other domestic cups etc both sets of fans will quite happily wear the shirt (i'e blackpool) of the team that either of us play and support the opposition no matter whom it is! Its bitter on both sides, but the bitterness on our side also extends from a heavily biased media representative of our capital of the principality, and its portrayal of the supposed glamour club that they deem Cardiff to be, or at least try to enforce that, Swansea are the unfashionable, unfancied, second best in most eyes team, yet the worlds glare has descended on us for the last 3 years or so and that's turned the tables a little until now when Cardiff will resume the limelight spot, it even stems back to the 1990's when us jacks affectionately named our local HTV hate the vetch, the welsh fa is also as biased as is the welsh government, there's more riches to the east, jealousy and bitterness are in both camps, but so is a deep hatred, its not just football related, its industry based, finance based, politically based, we are in some ways very similar, but in most ways so very far apart, there's no way on on earth I'd lend them my support and I wouldn't expect theirs its just not a done thing

I wouldn't say cardiff will be in the limelight unless you think the wetern mail, bbc wales is the be all and end all, Swansea dont need the cardiff based media anymore our profile is way higher than cardiff, with the uk media and footballing world in general. They are a nothing club.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 11:20 - Aug 13 with 2633 viewsdavidaeaton

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 11:10 - Aug 13 by dgt73

I wouldn't say cardiff will be in the limelight unless you think the wetern mail, bbc wales is the be all and end all, Swansea dont need the cardiff based media anymore our profile is way higher than cardiff, with the uk media and footballing world in general. They are a nothing club.

I don't read the western fail, or the echo etc, both BBC wales and HTV love them, sky to be fair and motd have be praising us and giving us due credit which we hard earned, the welsh media whore to them and that's fact and that's what I'm stating and thats what I mean by limelight share, they will be looked at a little more as a newly promoted club and rightly so, but with our hopeful ride in to Europe, and Mr laudrup at the helm we will definitely still have notoriety providing we do the business on the pitch

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime"............one day we will all encounter the great gig in the sky!

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 13:43 - Aug 13 with 2570 viewsHerohead

Im totally with you daniel.
Danes in europe will get my support.

I have grown fond of the welsh too, i mean just read this thread
It gave me a good laugh.

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 13:51 - Aug 13 with 2563 viewsSpratty

As is apparent from the above there is a lot of bad blood with Cardiff and entrenched views on either side. Personally think any preoccupation with them lessens us and by singing songs about them at most matches makes us seem small time (more especially when we were an established PL team and they were Championship). To me It stinks of insecurity and makes their opinions seem important to us even though we have achieved so much. It detracts from all the class that our management team, our manager, our team, our achievements, our playing style and national and international recognition have given us.

Of course logically we should support any of our national sides in Europe because the better they do the more chances we get at playing in Europe. Not sure I could go the length of supporting Cardiff (mainly because of the way some of the fans would behave towards us afterwards) even though it would be really good for Welsh football. Just local “rivalries” I guess like Celtic and Rangers, Manu and Man City etc. Plus the arrogance of we are the big team regardless of achievements mentality (although in fairness as with all clubs some of their fans take a more balanced view).

I have no particular affinity with Chelsea but was really behind them in the Champions League final. (Not so fussed with the Europa because this failed champions league places in Europa just seems wrong) Think my support came from them being a British team and it raises the profile of British football which is good for us all (and without the local rivalry issue).

Would like to think I could support Cardiff and they support us but in general terms it just aint gonna happen and for many these rivalries are sacrosanct, at the heart of what football is about.

As far as national pride is concerned this becomes a bit muddied because we are a Welsh side playing in the English League. The English League is also quite high in the rankings so presumably don't engender the same passion to achieve as a nation as Denmark and Scotland. And yes despite the bitter rivalry between Celtic and Rangers I also know of supporters that would support the other team in Europe because they are so passionate about furthering Scottish football on the international stage.
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 14:20 - Aug 13 with 2541 viewsItchySphincter

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 13:51 - Aug 13 by Spratty

As is apparent from the above there is a lot of bad blood with Cardiff and entrenched views on either side. Personally think any preoccupation with them lessens us and by singing songs about them at most matches makes us seem small time (more especially when we were an established PL team and they were Championship). To me It stinks of insecurity and makes their opinions seem important to us even though we have achieved so much. It detracts from all the class that our management team, our manager, our team, our achievements, our playing style and national and international recognition have given us.

Of course logically we should support any of our national sides in Europe because the better they do the more chances we get at playing in Europe. Not sure I could go the length of supporting Cardiff (mainly because of the way some of the fans would behave towards us afterwards) even though it would be really good for Welsh football. Just local “rivalries” I guess like Celtic and Rangers, Manu and Man City etc. Plus the arrogance of we are the big team regardless of achievements mentality (although in fairness as with all clubs some of their fans take a more balanced view).

I have no particular affinity with Chelsea but was really behind them in the Champions League final. (Not so fussed with the Europa because this failed champions league places in Europa just seems wrong) Think my support came from them being a British team and it raises the profile of British football which is good for us all (and without the local rivalry issue).

Would like to think I could support Cardiff and they support us but in general terms it just aint gonna happen and for many these rivalries are sacrosanct, at the heart of what football is about.

As far as national pride is concerned this becomes a bit muddied because we are a Welsh side playing in the English League. The English League is also quite high in the rankings so presumably don't engender the same passion to achieve as a nation as Denmark and Scotland. And yes despite the bitter rivalry between Celtic and Rangers I also know of supporters that would support the other team in Europe because they are so passionate about furthering Scottish football on the international stage.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 14:26 - Aug 13 with 2536 viewsViking_Jock

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 20:20 - Aug 12 by Chief

you're right Daniel...........

you don't understand.

Daniel understands very well. He is the village idiot, dabbling in abit of exports.

Poll: Which song is the best banjo song.

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 14:39 - Aug 13 with 2523 viewsSpratty

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 14:20 - Aug 13 by ItchySphincter

If you read beyond the 1st line it was a self imposed doze fest.
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 15:58 - Aug 13 with 2485 viewsdavidaeaton

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 14:39 - Aug 13 by Spratty

If you read beyond the 1st line it was a self imposed doze fest.

I enjoyed it, very succinct, we would if we could but we can't and shan't :-)

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 16:23 - Aug 13 with 2477 viewsSpratty

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 15:58 - Aug 13 by davidaeaton

I enjoyed it, very succinct, we would if we could but we can't and shan't :-)

spot on and in just one line
If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 16:36 - Aug 13 with 2471 viewsbermudajack

If Cardiff were to play in Europe, would you support them? on 16:23 - Aug 13 by Spratty

spot on and in just one line

What an incredible question

Our Scandinavian friends have much to learn about us and our hatred toward each others football clubs.

On a scale of 1-10 it's about 4000

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024